Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Olly Lancashire? 22:53 - Jan 26 with 8828 viewsRockerdale97

Okay i know he was playing against Walters and Co tonight. But he wasnt in the team when O'Connell was here this season What is the opinion of fellow daleys? I thought he was poor tonight. Header for the first goal wasnt great although the strike was out of this world, some of his distribution was shocking and he was putting pressure on the rest of the defence by doing this. Opinions?
[Post edited 26 Jan 2015 23:02]
Olly Lancashire? on 23:01 - Jan 26 with 6692 viewsTiki_Beach

Think that's unfair criticism of Olly.

It was actually Lancashire and O'Connell who were our first team partnership last season and whenever O'Connell was out of the team, it was Olly that was the stronger out of him and Eastham. This season Eastham has been excellent and is rightly first choice but I actually thought Olly had a good game tonight, as did all the lads. The more Olly plays, the more he will get to grips with league 1. He hasn't played that much this season and he shouldn't be compared to a talent like O'Connell (although I understand why he is).
Olly Lancashire? on 23:02 - Jan 26 with 6672 viewsDaley_Lama

Not as good as Puyol.

End of.

Poll: DF in or out

Olly Lancashire? on 23:02 - Jan 26 with 6665 viewsSuddenLad

Thought Olly was well off his game tonight. He couldn't make a decent pass and looked completely out of sorts. Rather he had an off-day today than in a league match.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Olly Lancashire? on 23:05 - Jan 26 with 6633 viewsRockerdale97

Olly Lancashire? on 23:01 - Jan 26 by Tiki_Beach

Think that's unfair criticism of Olly.

It was actually Lancashire and O'Connell who were our first team partnership last season and whenever O'Connell was out of the team, it was Olly that was the stronger out of him and Eastham. This season Eastham has been excellent and is rightly first choice but I actually thought Olly had a good game tonight, as did all the lads. The more Olly plays, the more he will get to grips with league 1. He hasn't played that much this season and he shouldn't be compared to a talent like O'Connell (although I understand why he is).

fair enough. Respect your opinion. Just watching him since JOC went back and keep thinkin to myself hes going to cock up any second. I hope he does prove me wrong.
Olly Lancashire? on 23:06 - Jan 26 with 6613 views442Dale

Lancashire isn't as good as Eastham, that's the top and bottom of it. His thought processes remind me of McArdle, much better when defending instinctively.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Olly Lancashire? on 23:10 - Jan 26 with 6579 viewsD_Alien

Anyone who read the Sunday Times article about Olly sharing youth-team digs with the likes of Gareth Bale, Theo Walcott and Adam Lallana might reflect that tonight he wanted to show he still had potential for higher things. Unfortunately, he showed he didn't. Still a good player for the Dale in L1 though.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Olly Lancashire? on 23:10 - Jan 26 with 6576 viewsRockerdale97

Olly Lancashire? on 23:06 - Jan 26 by 442Dale

Lancashire isn't as good as Eastham, that's the top and bottom of it. His thought processes remind me of McArdle, much better when defending instinctively.

and Holness.
Olly Lancashire? on 23:12 - Jan 26 with 6551 views442Dale

Olly Lancashire? on 23:10 - Jan 26 by Rockerdale97

and Holness.

Holness was much better in L1.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Olly Lancashire? on 23:13 - Jan 26 with 6537 viewsTiki_Beach

Olly Lancashire? on 23:05 - Jan 26 by Rockerdale97

fair enough. Respect your opinion. Just watching him since JOC went back and keep thinkin to myself hes going to cock up any second. I hope he does prove me wrong.

I don't have as much confidence in him as JOC but at the same time, wouldn't consider him a weak link in the team. He's automatically going to be compared to JOC as it is his position that he has stepped into which probably makes it harder for him but I can see him improving as the season goes on.
Olly Lancashire? on 23:13 - Jan 26 with 6536 viewsnordenblue

Olly Lancashire? on 23:06 - Jan 26 by 442Dale

Had an absolute shocker second half, cant understand why when hes just been caught on the ball with a stupid pass does he the second time while having an age to clear gets caught identically again minutes later, Tanser did exactly the same just after when under pressure.
Camps isn't half growing into a cracking player, Dawson will be sore tomorrow after his efforts and Bennett was class too.Id like to see goals 2 and 3 again as at the time it seemed like poor keeping from the Pearl Street
[Post edited 26 Jan 2015 23:14]
Olly Lancashire? on 23:56 - Jan 26 with 6382 viewssandylaner1

i think both eastham and lancashire are solid enough defensively its just as ball playing centre halves which hilly wants them to be they are not quick or accurate enough in distribution

tonight being amplified by the quality of stokes pressing and without jamie allen there is no outlet to move the ball on through the middle. allen can find space or make an angle for lancy and eastham to play it into him
Olly Lancashire? on 01:04 - Jan 27 with 6250 viewsbatfink

I don't like to criticise any of Hillys decisions but have to say I think Lancashire is the weak link, week in week out he makes glaring errors and gives the ball away with errant passes several times each and every game, personally I would rather see Dawson or (and here starts a discussion) Allen put on the captains armband as hes not captain material in my humble opinion.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2015 1:07]
Olly Lancashire? on 01:31 - Jan 27 with 6221 viewsolympicdale

I don't think it is fair for any of the team tonight to be critisised, given who they were up against, this is not a night to be singling out anyone for criticism. Olly is a scapegoat at the back for many fans, a top quality defender,and he showed that against Forest, perfectly adaptable to League 1

Life is a game of fate.

Olly Lancashire? on 01:37 - Jan 27 with 6215 viewsolympicdale

Olly Lancashire? on 01:04 - Jan 27 by batfink

I don't like to criticise any of Hillys decisions but have to say I think Lancashire is the weak link, week in week out he makes glaring errors and gives the ball away with errant passes several times each and every game, personally I would rather see Dawson or (and here starts a discussion) Allen put on the captains armband as hes not captain material in my humble opinion.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2015 1:07]

I'd trust Hill's opinion, if he believes he's good enough to be captain than thats fine by me, he's the one that sees the players week in week out, and how other players respect one another.

Life is a game of fate.

Olly Lancashire? on 02:05 - Jan 27 with 6205 viewsmacro

Lancashire is one of a handful of players who haven't made the transition to league one smoothly. Remember though easthams form has kept him out of the team the majority of the season. If o'connell comes back it'd most likely be Lancashire who drops out
Olly Lancashire? on 02:25 - Jan 27 with 6197 viewstazzydjr

Why target Olly why target or any of the team they are capable of damaging bigger sides just look back 2 week ago at Andrew scoring the winner this negativity isn't needed

OLLY OLLY LANCASHIRE

UP THE DALE

CREDE SIGNO
[Post edited 27 Jan 2015 2:26]

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Olly Lancashire? on 06:34 - Jan 27 with 6118 viewsaleanddale

Olly Lancashire? on 02:25 - Jan 27 by tazzydjr

Why target Olly why target or any of the team they are capable of damaging bigger sides just look back 2 week ago at Andrew scoring the winner this negativity isn't needed

OLLY OLLY LANCASHIRE

UP THE DALE

CREDE SIGNO

Unfair to single any player out after last night but olly I am sure will learn from that torrid 90 mins.
Olly Lancashire? on 07:30 - Jan 27 with 6044 viewsisitme

Olly Lancashire? on 23:13 - Jan 26 by nordenblue

Had an absolute shocker second half, cant understand why when hes just been caught on the ball with a stupid pass does he the second time while having an age to clear gets caught identically again minutes later, Tanser did exactly the same just after when under pressure.
Camps isn't half growing into a cracking player, Dawson will be sore tomorrow after his efforts and Bennett was class too.Id like to see goals 2 and 3 again as at the time it seemed like poor keeping from the Pearl Street
[Post edited 26 Jan 2015 23:14]

I think you are being a bit harsh on Lillis there. He had no chance with any of the goals. I half expected someone to post that Logan would have saved Bojan's strike!

Lancashire did okay defensively but struggled on the ball at times, that is why he is a League One centre back.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2015 7:39]
Olly Lancashire? on 07:30 - Jan 27 with 6040 viewsSuddenLad

Olly Lancashire? on 02:25 - Jan 27 by tazzydjr

OLLY OLLY LANCASHIRE

UP THE DALE

CREDE SIGNO

We're not singling anyone out really Taz. It's not a witch-hunt, merely an observation that Olly didn't have his best game in a Dale shirt. In tennis parlance 'too many unforced errors', but I'd happily see him line up in the next match.

We're all susceptible to' bad days at the office' and Olly had one yesterday.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Olly Lancashire? on 08:25 - Jan 27 with 5953 viewsD_Alien

As posted earlier, you really did have to read his comments in the Sunday Times article to put his performance into context.

He sees himself as capable of performing at a higher level, having been educated in football alongside some very stellar players. Last night was his opportunity to show the public at large that's where he belongs - he said as much in the article! Each time he got the ball I thought he was looking to do something with it that made him look good instead of just concentrating on what he's there for - to defend. The result was he put in a shocker, but I hope he'll learn from it and just get back to basics.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Olly Lancashire? on 08:44 - Jan 27 with 5909 viewsChaffRAFC

Thought Lancashire was really poor tonight and was nowhere to be seen when Ireland scored the second but that said, he did a fantastic job last season. He's not pushed on this season whereas Eastham has and now if we were to strengthen in that position (we need to), then it would be Olly that would drop out.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Olly Lancashire? on 08:50 - Jan 27 with 5894 viewsnordenblue

Olly Lancashire? on 07:30 - Jan 27 by isitme

I think you are being a bit harsh on Lillis there. He had no chance with any of the goals. I half expected someone to post that Logan would have saved Bojan's strike!

Lancashire did okay defensively but struggled on the ball at times, that is why he is a League One centre back.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2015 7:39]

Until ive seen the goals again ill reserve proper judgement but to be honest he is far too hesitant full stop, many of their dangerous balls whipped into the box where within his range and he just seems rooted to the spot every time.For me he doesnt command his box at all which leads to hesitancy all round and confusion when or if hes coming for a cross.
Theres not many keepers in the world that would have got near their first goal tbf
Olly Lancashire? on 11:29 - Jan 27 with 5718 viewsTommoRAFC

Olly Lancashire? on 08:44 - Jan 27 by ChaffRAFC

Thought Lancashire was really poor tonight and was nowhere to be seen when Ireland scored the second but that said, he did a fantastic job last season. He's not pushed on this season whereas Eastham has and now if we were to strengthen in that position (we need to), then it would be Olly that would drop out.

Yaya was as much to blame for the second goal as anyone. Olly is a reliable centre half and league one, IMHO, is his ceiling ability-wise.

Should O'Connell and Logan return we know who they'd replace in the starting eleven anyway...

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Olly Lancashire? on 11:33 - Jan 27 with 5706 viewsParkinsGimp

Definitely the weak link tonight, think he panicked too much. But his distribution wss poor and caught out of position a bit.
Still was against the Premiership so hopefull he will brush this one aside and learn to focus more.
Olly Lancashire? on 12:50 - Jan 27 with 5616 views100notout

Will be interesting to see the player ratings for this game.

As has been said the lads were up against top quality players so it was always going to be a big ask. Nevertheless they all stepped up the plate. The majority raised their game and can rightly be very proud of what they have done.

There were 2 or 3 players that "went missing" and will have got back to the dressing room afterwards and thought "maybe I could have done better"

I'm not going to name them - they know who they are and the management team know who they are and collectively they will sort it out I've no doubt.

Excellent game last night, great atmosphere, full home stands. Brilliant. Lets make sure that they all return for the important league games coming

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024