Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now 11:20 - Feb 12 with 12543 viewsMyFinalHeaven

for having turned down Ronald Koeman last year:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/26554276
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 5:42]

Come on you Swans.

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 12:58 - Feb 12 with 3334 viewsmonmouth

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 12:52 - Feb 12 by thereisnospoon

these stats are so skewed and nitpicked to make Laudrup look bad. you might as well just do some bs like "games won under Laudrup where we won despite scoring no goals: 0"

what a load of rubbish

eh? They show that Laudrup was brilliant until the cup win and pretty much garbage afterwards (yes, yes I know, insert reason, excuse, reason). Surely we all know this don't we?

Disclaimer: I'm not pro or anti Laudrup or pro or anti Monk. No fanboys or detractors of either can change the results though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 13:09 - Feb 12 with 3302 viewsSkipTheJack

Who knows how Koeman would have done here? He would have faced the same problems of dressing room cliques, trouble-makers and disinterested, sulky star players that Monk has handled very well.

Make no mistake, without careful management we could easily have gone down last season and could easily be bottom of the table this year. People choose to compare our current position with that of Southampton, but may be better off looking at what happened to Cardiff after they sacked Mackay. They were 1 point above relegation back then, compared to our 2 points above relegation when we appointed Monk, and they are now anxiously looking at the relegation spots to League One!
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 13:20 - Feb 12 with 3280 viewsKennedy

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 12:58 - Feb 12 by monmouth

eh? They show that Laudrup was brilliant until the cup win and pretty much garbage afterwards (yes, yes I know, insert reason, excuse, reason). Surely we all know this don't we?

Disclaimer: I'm not pro or anti Laudrup or pro or anti Monk. No fanboys or detractors of either can change the results though.

Can't put all the blame on Laudrup.

The players knew that we save in the league and already qualified for Europe so where was the incentive to go that extra yard?

Managers get crap all the time, he is one person there are 17 other players in a match day squad that should share that responsibility sometimes.

Just call me JFK

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 13:26 - Feb 12 with 3272 viewsLeonisGod

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 12:55 - Feb 12 by thereisnospoon

and plus you didn't even do your math right. right now for the 14/15 season Monk's got 34 points from 25 games. that's 1.36 points/game (34/25), not 1.43

those were posted before the end of the match last night.

Anyhow, Monmouth called it right as usual. Nothing wrong with those stats; they just prove that in terms of results ML lost the plot. Shame and I didn't enjoy it, but true.

For me, that half season and cup win will always be remembered. We may never beat that again. The home West Brom match was possibly as good a performance I've ever seen and Laudrup should be remembered for that, not the way it ended.

COYS
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 13:56 - Feb 12 with 3247 viewsApeShit

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:41 - Feb 12 by Jackanapes

And left us a shambling mess.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2015 11:41]

Please explain how he left us in a shambling mess?

We are heading for a shambling mess now.
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 14:12 - Feb 12 with 3234 viewsWarwickHunt

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:29 - Feb 12 by Jackanapes

I wonder what Monk would have been able to do with £40m brought in from two youth players developed in our top tier academy.

I dread to think...
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 14:13 - Feb 12 with 3227 viewsLeonisGod

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 13:56 - Feb 12 by ApeShit

Please explain how he left us in a shambling mess?

We are heading for a shambling mess now.

Blimey, you must remember?. Or is this jus a case of having the hump at what someone has posted? In a nutshell, it was like now, without having the S'ton performance grit, but had gone on for twice as long.

We really don't need to go over the end of ML's time anymore. It was painful, it was lackadaisical, his time had come.

Way *may* be going in the same way, but there are signs the team are more united/organised/focussed.

Maybe I'm completely wrong and we're doomed, but that's the way I see it.
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 14:25 - Feb 12 with 3210 viewsskippyjack

I'll be honest.. I can't wait until we have a Laudrup performance for once.. we've been lacking that Michu or JDG magic or that Pablo brilliance.. we've been missing our marauding Ben Davies at full back..

I would've loved to have seen this team on song.

Fabianski

Rangel..Fernandez..Williams..Davies

Ki..JDG

Pablo..Gylfi..Montero

Michu.

At home.. this team would've been deadly..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Login to get fewer ads

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 14:30 - Feb 12 with 3205 viewsBloodyhills

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:36 - Feb 12 by jruss1

Most people dismissed Koeman as an option because he’s the big name ex player that had caused us problems before (Not just Laudrup but Sousa as well).

Huw was absolutely right not to employ for this reason alone, and 90% of this board agreed with it at the time.

Yup, that's how I remember it. At the time most seemed reluctant to have another ex star player managing us.

Hindsight is great but...

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 15:01 - Feb 12 with 3182 viewswhiterock

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 14:30 - Feb 12 by Bloodyhills

Yup, that's how I remember it. At the time most seemed reluctant to have another ex star player managing us.

There's a bit more to the Laudrup saga than meets the eye, one day it will out. Jenkins' memoirs is sure to be a best seller. Agent provocateur?
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 15:04 - Feb 12 with 3177 viewslondonlisa2001

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 15:01 - Feb 12 by whiterock

There's a bit more to the Laudrup saga than meets the eye, one day it will out. Jenkins' memoirs is sure to be a best seller. Agent provocateur?

quite. And I can never believe how many people seem to be oblivious to it all.
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 16:24 - Feb 12 with 3136 viewsDr_Winston

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 14:30 - Feb 12 by Bloodyhills

Can't remember many fans playing down the prospect.

Jenkins obviously didn't want another big name in the managers chair to deal with. That's why we ended up with Monk. Question is are we always going to be running from big reputations from here on in?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 16:44 - Feb 12 with 3116 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 16:24 - Feb 12 by Dr_Winston

Can't remember many fans playing down the prospect.

Jenkins obviously didn't want another big name in the managers chair to deal with. That's why we ended up with Monk. Question is are we always going to be running from big reputations from here on in?

In hindsight you can see why, he probably realised that Koeman would want to spend £76m, that alone would have given HJ a heart attack.
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 16:49 - Feb 12 with 3116 viewsDr_Winston

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 16:44 - Feb 12 by A_Fans_Dad

In hindsight you can see why, he probably realised that Koeman would want to spend £76m, that alone would have given HJ a heart attack.

Why would Koeman want to spend £76m?

He had a lot of key players to replace at Southampton. He wouldn't have here.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 17:05 - Feb 12 with 3094 viewsWarwickHunt

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 16:49 - Feb 12 by Dr_Winston

Why would Koeman want to spend £76m?

He had a lot of key players to replace at Southampton. He wouldn't have here.

Quite.

His transfer dealings are £35m in the black...
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 17:12 - Feb 12 with 2099 viewsJackanapes

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 17:05 - Feb 12 by WarwickHunt

Quite.

His transfer dealings are £35m in the black...

Thanks to Sotons academy.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 17:25 - Feb 12 with 2080 viewsWarwickHunt

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 17:12 - Feb 12 by Jackanapes

Thanks to Sotons academy.

Largely, yes.

He's still replaced key players and managed to make a profit while improving their league position playing great football.

Which was my point...
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 17:28 - Feb 12 with 2078 viewsgiantstoneater

The big challenge for Monk and the Board was to keep hold of Wilf, Gomis was brought in because they expected Wilf to go pre-season he didn't so that left Le Sulk with a big sad on. HJ and the Boards big mistake was that they failed to assess what an unreliable unloyal and money driven man that is Gomis they have compounded that by not signing another striker and also another wide man with all our wide men failing to deliver at present. Are the squad up for the rest of the season or are they going to make the same mistakes as they did under Laudrup.
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 17:32 - Feb 12 with 2067 viewsJackanapes

Seriously I hope we keep making " mistakes" if it keeps meaning we stay up.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 18:25 - Feb 12 with 2042 viewslibertine

to make the assumption that one ex champions league player is going to be like another is ridiculous,

both ml and sousa contributed to our slick passing style nice little one touches are now a thing of the past

what we did with ML was low and weazely, shaking a mans hand and then sacking him by email, its bad show. gutless behaviour considering what we achieved under his management.

so can we now never have a high profile manager again?
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 18:30 - Feb 12 with 2038 viewsKilkennyjack

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:29 - Feb 12 by Jackanapes

I wonder what Monk would have been able to do with £40m brought in from two youth players developed in our top tier academy.

Good point - fernandez, montero, lukasz, ki, and siggy were all good summer signings.

Beware of the Risen People

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 19:39 - Feb 12 with 1991 viewswhiterock

To be fair, Garry could do with Wilf right now but the sale was out of his hands and a sensible club decision, that said he would have had to do without him anyway since Jan 1st. But would have been an asset with Man U up next. We, as a club have a habit of upsetting the big boys when they least expect it.
Swansea 2-0 United
Leon setting the tempo and a brace from Oliveira
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 19:40 - Feb 12 with 1980 viewsNeath_Jack

There's going to be carnage on this thread when the Spratt logs on.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 19:43 - Feb 12 with 1976 viewsmonmouth

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 19:39 - Feb 12 by whiterock

To be fair, Garry could do with Wilf right now but the sale was out of his hands and a sensible club decision, that said he would have had to do without him anyway since Jan 1st. But would have been an asset with Man U up next. We, as a club have a habit of upsetting the big boys when they least expect it.
Swansea 2-0 United
Leon setting the tempo and a brace from Oliveira

I'm not sure that we'll see Leon much again. Monk has said twice now that he is fit and fine but not even on the bench ahead of Fulton. I'm surprised there hasn't been more anguished gnashing of teeth to be honest.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 07:20 - Feb 13 with 1875 viewsJethroJack

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 12:07 - Feb 12 by MyFinalHeaven

...that was 100% Koeman's pick. Koeman was his manager when he played at Feyenoord and one of the first players he signed once he joined the Saints.

Have you seen Pelle play lately?
He's been crap...especially against us!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024