Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now 11:20 - Feb 12 with 12544 viewsMyFinalHeaven

for having turned down Ronald Koeman last year:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/26554276
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 5:42]

Come on you Swans.

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 12:44 - Jan 16 with 713 viewsperchrockjack

Laudrup was touted as a manager of a big club after he left us.

He seemed to drift towards Arab money

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 12:57 - Jan 16 with 705 viewsmonmouth

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 12:28 - Jan 16 by Oldjack

But after the cup win we were sleep walking towards relegation , he seemed far to laid back for my liking ps i don't think he liked Bony and i'm sure Bony was a Huw signing

I don't know that we were OJ. I agreed that his time had come, but I think we had more than enough quality to survive and would have. Who knows what might have happened if he (or probably more accurately, Tutu) had been allowed their way and there had been no poison from the Monk cabal. His entire history says he would have still flunked out, but it's water under the bridge and we'll never know. The big mistake is clearly with hindsight (some had foresight - not me - but all will say they did) was not appointing Koeman.

Still Laudrup is our most successful manager by outcome, no one can take that away, and I doubt any manager will ever win us another trophy, or get us into Europe, never mind a win in Valencia, even though ever is a long time.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 14:33 - Jan 16 with 654 viewsConcerned_Parent

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 12:28 - Jan 16 by Oldjack

But after the cup win we were sleep walking towards relegation , he seemed far to laid back for my liking ps i don't think he liked Bony and i'm sure Bony was a Huw signing

not at all. not only was Huw Jenkins completely opposed to signing Bony, but he was so fed up with the transfer that he actually expressed his displeasure about it PUBLICALLY at one of our fans' forums. the nob thought that paying such a fee for a quality player was reckless and irresponsible, and he said that "we should be finding players who are suitable to us and who arrive for figures that are easier to sleep with":

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2013/09/13/4259885/swansea-ch

it's absolutely hilarious and painfully ironic how after saying all this crap about how we shouldn't be spending this sort of money on one player, Jenkins turns around and signs this useless sack of shit who's about to turn 30 on God knows how much per week with an £8m signing on fee. incredible.

like nearly every other transfer in Laudrup's reign, the Bony transfer was all down to him and Tutumlu. god only knows where we'd be right now had the two of them not signed him and Michu for us.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 14:36]
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 14:54 - Jan 16 with 635 viewsBloodyhills

'kicking himself' ?

He needs to get to the back of the very long line for this.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024