Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now 11:20 - Feb 12 with 12541 viewsMyFinalHeaven

for having turned down Ronald Koeman last year:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/26554276
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 5:42]

Come on you Swans.

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 06:50 - Nov 25 with 1309 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 02:36 - Nov 25 by jackedup

To be fair, many on here were saying that Swansea should avoid hiring anyone who was a legendary player.

I wonder if any legendary players will consider coming to manage us in the future given what happened to Laudrup

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 07:05 - Nov 25 with 1301 viewsjack247

Can people not see the parallels between the end of Laudrups reign and where we are now?
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 07:10 - Nov 25 with 1299 viewsjack247

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 06:50 - Nov 25 by Brynmill_Jack

I wonder if any legendary players will consider coming to manage us in the future given what happened to Laudrup

While we are in the Premier League, we won't have any difficulty attracting legendary ex-players who are new to management or have only managed in lesser leagues. Koeman wanting to come here in the aftermath of Laudrups sacking is a good example. Whether the board want to go down that route is another question.
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 07:13 - Nov 25 with 1286 viewsDr_Winston

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 02:36 - Nov 25 by jackedup

To be fair, many on here were saying that Swansea should avoid hiring anyone who was a legendary player.

Plenty of people saying that we would avoid hiring anyone who was a legendary player.

Given what happened to the last two, it's obvious Huwbert has a problem dealing with reputations.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 09:51 - Nov 25 with 1209 viewsBloodyhills

Hindsight and all that...

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 17:00 - Jan 15 with 1441 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Hang yourself in shame Jenkins. Bury your fvcking pitiful self.

Seriously.

Since Jenkins has turned Koeman down, he has gone to Southampton, where in 2 seasons he made them into a model club and lead them to a 7th and then a 6th placed finish in the league, all while playing wonderful attack minded, possession based football. He accomplished this despite losing his best players every summer (Shaw, Schneiderlin, Lallana, Lovren, Chambers, Lambert, Clyne, etc.) and always selling more than he was buying. And even though he had to operate on a relatively small budget, he was still able to sign the likes of van Sadio Mane, Pelle, Forster, van Dijk, Wanyama, Cedric Soares, Romeu, Austin, Tadic, and Bertrand, many of whom were bought for bargain prices, and three of whom have since been sold for big profits (Mane, Pelle, and Wanyama).

Now he is in charge of a stellar Everton side that is sitting comfortably in 7th and just smashed a full strength Man City 4-0.

I have absolutely no doubt that if Jenkins had just used his common sense and appointed Koeman, we would be where Saints or Everton are now. Instead, he bafflingly chose to appoint the experienceless Garry fvcking Monk, the man who destroyed the invaluable passing identity of ours that Martinez, Rodgers, and Laudrup had worked so hard to build before ultimately leaving us as a pathetic trainwreck of a side in danger of being relegated. We have yet to recover from what Monk did to us, and with things the way they currently are, there's zero chance our once beloved and renowned passing game will ever be recovered.

But forget our once cherished identity. Now we're on the verge of no longer even being in the Premier League.

After Laudrup was sacked, the most perfect candidate to take over our club, to take us to greater heights, and not just maintain but even improve our already existing passing game presented himself to us. Never forget that lads. We had the perfect replacement for Laudrup, and miraculously, we didn't even have to look for him. Instead, he came to us, begging for a job. And what did we do? We fvcking turned him down.

Never ever forget what Jenkins did here. If this isn't a cautionary tale, I don't know what is. You'll never find a crazier "could have had everything but let it all slip away" story than this.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 17:07]

Come on you Swans.

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 17:04 - Jan 15 with 1422 viewsperchrockjack

He need not kick himself.

Plenty of us would gladly do it for him

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 17:08 - Jan 15 with 1400 viewsBorojack

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 17:04 - Jan 15 by perchrockjack

He need not kick himself.

Plenty of us would gladly do it for him

Yes must break his heart whilst counting the millions.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Login to get fewer ads

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 17:09 - Jan 15 with 1388 viewsperchrockjack

He would actually save some face if he apologised before walking away Now

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 17:20 - Jan 15 with 1370 viewsMyFinalHeaven

It's funny. I made this thread back in 12 February 2015, when Southampton were merely sitting comfortably in the top 10. If I thought Jenkins should kick himself then for having turned Koeman down, then I think he should jump off a building now, as the club and Koeman would go on to finish at freaking 7th that season. They then finished 6th the following season, and now Koeman is at Everton, again having signed great players for great prices, and again on the verge of finishing in the top 7.

The idiocy of Jenkins seriously knows no bounds. He has no business acumen whatsoever, and he isn't fit to run around a circle, much less run a professional football club. It was nothing more than a complete fluke that he got into the position where he is in now. If you want to look for evidence of us, look no further than what happened in his personal life as a failed businessman. Back in 2010 his building supplies company Casey's went bust not long after he had taken it over. It had incurred huge losses in each of its last 4 years in business, all of which were under his ownership. By the time his company ceased trading it owed creditors over half a million quid. With the catastrophic way his business went under, it's very safe to say that if it weren't for this club, he'd be all but destitute and jobless.

You'd think that Jenkins, a guy who has his life to owe to Swansea City, and who had already had his future thoroughly and financially secured thanks to the exorbitant salaries and frequent dividend payments he received from this club, would at least return the favor and work his hardest at securing the future for the club. It was the absolute least he could do. But instead, he does precisely the opposite and sells us down the fvcking river to a bunch of charlatans.

Amazing. Absolutely amazing. And to think he got an OBE.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 17:35]

Come on you Swans.

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 18:20 - Jan 15 with 1300 viewsLandore_Jack

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 17:20 - Jan 15 by MyFinalHeaven

It's funny. I made this thread back in 12 February 2015, when Southampton were merely sitting comfortably in the top 10. If I thought Jenkins should kick himself then for having turned Koeman down, then I think he should jump off a building now, as the club and Koeman would go on to finish at freaking 7th that season. They then finished 6th the following season, and now Koeman is at Everton, again having signed great players for great prices, and again on the verge of finishing in the top 7.

The idiocy of Jenkins seriously knows no bounds. He has no business acumen whatsoever, and he isn't fit to run around a circle, much less run a professional football club. It was nothing more than a complete fluke that he got into the position where he is in now. If you want to look for evidence of us, look no further than what happened in his personal life as a failed businessman. Back in 2010 his building supplies company Casey's went bust not long after he had taken it over. It had incurred huge losses in each of its last 4 years in business, all of which were under his ownership. By the time his company ceased trading it owed creditors over half a million quid. With the catastrophic way his business went under, it's very safe to say that if it weren't for this club, he'd be all but destitute and jobless.

You'd think that Jenkins, a guy who has his life to owe to Swansea City, and who had already had his future thoroughly and financially secured thanks to the exorbitant salaries and frequent dividend payments he received from this club, would at least return the favor and work his hardest at securing the future for the club. It was the absolute least he could do. But instead, he does precisely the opposite and sells us down the fvcking river to a bunch of charlatans.

He rightfully got an OBE (Other Buggers Efforts).

#backtojack

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 18:22 - Jan 15 with 1296 viewsmonmouth

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 17:20 - Jan 15 by MyFinalHeaven

Can't disagree with a single solitary word of that.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 18:32 - Jan 15 with 1280 viewsAussieSwan

Another black mark against Jenkins' name. Becoming more and more of a villain by the day

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 18:34 - Jan 15 with 1273 viewsmajorraglan

Lots of really good posts here which are put in to perspective by our current predicament.

Koeman is a good manager and did very well at Southampton and he is doing well at Everton.

Southampton is now a very well run club, they have an excellent academy and a very, very good scouting network which is reflected by the quality of players they sign and their ability to continuously improve. Once upon a time I thought Swansea may follow their lead, unfortunately i don't think that's going to happen in the near future...
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 19:30 - Jan 15 with 1208 viewsnantywatcher

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 18:34 - Jan 15 by majorraglan

Lots of really good posts here which are put in to perspective by our current predicament.

Koeman is a good manager and did very well at Southampton and he is doing well at Everton.

Southampton is now a very well run club, they have an excellent academy and a very, very good scouting network which is reflected by the quality of players they sign and their ability to continuously improve. Once upon a time I thought Swansea may follow their lead, unfortunately i don't think that's going to happen in the near future...

Less than a month ago Everton Fan Forums were going mental and demanding he should be sacked because he was ruining the club. Football fans eh!
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 05:47 - Jan 16 with 1123 viewsMyFinalHeaven

It's worth noting that Jenkins didn't just turn down Koeman. He didn't even have the decency to give him a response back. And his agent said he was contacting us "everyday."

"Feyenoord boss Ronald Koeman is interested in managing Swansea City according to his agent, Guido Albers.

However, a senior source at Swansea says the Premier League club are not interested in speaking to Koeman.

He said he sent an email to chairman Huw Jenkins and vice-chairman Leigh Dineen regarding Koeman, but has had no response.

'If they are really interested come back to me,' said Albers.

'But I can't call them everyday. Since the time he announced he is leaving Feyenoord already 25 teams have called me.'"

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/26554276

This is Huw Jenkins ladies and gentleman, and this is his ego. The piece of shit literally thought he was too good to give a legend and one of the all time greats Ronald Koeman even a "no thanks" or "sorry but we're not interested."

Jesus Christ.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2017 5:48]

Come on you Swans.

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 06:43 - Jan 16 with 1097 viewsDr_Winston

He had no interest in talking to Koeman because he'd decided that he'd had enough with big name bosses who would not put up with his contributions. The fact that he thought Monk would be more manageable despite his track record of shit stirring makes it even worse.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 09:01 - Jan 16 with 1028 viewscostalotta

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 17:00 - Jan 15 by MyFinalHeaven

Hang yourself in shame Jenkins. Bury your fvcking pitiful self.

Seriously.

Since Jenkins has turned Koeman down, he has gone to Southampton, where in 2 seasons he made them into a model club and lead them to a 7th and then a 6th placed finish in the league, all while playing wonderful attack minded, possession based football. He accomplished this despite losing his best players every summer (Shaw, Schneiderlin, Lallana, Lovren, Chambers, Lambert, Clyne, etc.) and always selling more than he was buying. And even though he had to operate on a relatively small budget, he was still able to sign the likes of van Sadio Mane, Pelle, Forster, van Dijk, Wanyama, Cedric Soares, Romeu, Austin, Tadic, and Bertrand, many of whom were bought for bargain prices, and three of whom have since been sold for big profits (Mane, Pelle, and Wanyama).

Now he is in charge of a stellar Everton side that is sitting comfortably in 7th and just smashed a full strength Man City 4-0.

I have absolutely no doubt that if Jenkins had just used his common sense and appointed Koeman, we would be where Saints or Everton are now. Instead, he bafflingly chose to appoint the experienceless Garry fvcking Monk, the man who destroyed the invaluable passing identity of ours that Martinez, Rodgers, and Laudrup had worked so hard to build before ultimately leaving us as a pathetic trainwreck of a side in danger of being relegated. We have yet to recover from what Monk did to us, and with things the way they currently are, there's zero chance our once beloved and renowned passing game will ever be recovered.

But forget our once cherished identity. Now we're on the verge of no longer even being in the Premier League.

After Laudrup was sacked, the most perfect candidate to take over our club, to take us to greater heights, and not just maintain but even improve our already existing passing game presented himself to us. Never forget that lads. We had the perfect replacement for Laudrup, and miraculously, we didn't even have to look for him. Instead, he came to us, begging for a job. And what did we do? We fvcking turned him down.

Never ever forget what Jenkins did here. If this isn't a cautionary tale, I don't know what is. You'll never find a crazier "could have had everything but let it all slip away" story than this.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2017 17:07]

Monk should never have been appointed in the first place and many of us called it out at the time. By that I mean when ML was fired as well as the summer that followed. The thing is what some are not taking into consideration is not so much the lose of identity under Monk but many are ignoring the very things that are happening now. The "I know better" attitude that HJ has. I have been told from two different sources (I will not reveal) close to the club that Monk was not supported by HJ. They were seen arguing in the corridors of the Liberty. Monk had presented to HJ the recommended ins and outs and this was totally ignored by the 'I know better' one.

I was no Monk supporter for sure. That is documented on this site but I do have some sympathy for him. It was not him who removed the identity of the club... it was Jenkins by forgetting who he (himself) was, what his role should be and his constant interfering. Of course Monk was cheap and HJ knew he could control him but what he didn't anticipate is himself making mistakes. He did, many of them in the transfer windows past and present.

Monk wanted the best for the club and no one can deny that. He also wanted, like previous managers to add his bit to the Swansea identity, like Martinez (possession football), Sousa (defending and strong tactics), Brendan (more possession with a bit more precision) and ML with him playing a bit more narrow and perhaps utilising the counter to greater effect. He (monk) tried but was not supported where it matters by HJ.

In the summmer of 2015 Monk had very good idea of he seen the squad and how to move forward, guess what, HJ thought his idea was better but who paid the price? Monk of course and that is because HJ has been allowed to get away with it but simply put he's lucked out! He should be put out.

I am not in anyway saying monk should have NOT been fired. I'll stick to the he should not have been given the job but to say he alone lost us our identity is ridiculous. If anything HJ is 99% responsible for this and to cover it up by appointing and firing successive managers whilst saying we need to our identity back is bordering fraud. If he really wanted to get our identity back he would employ the best man to do that and let them lead from the front and not be stabbed in the back.

This will not happen while HJ is still allowed to f ck things up from the inside. Our fans, enmasse need to wake up and smell the coffee!
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 09:35 - Jan 16 with 993 viewswaynekerr55

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:25 - Feb 12 by Concerned_Parent

I don't think HJ has made many major mistakes as our chairman, but he really screwed up on that one. When a legend like Koeman, with his experience, accomplishments, and power to attract players comes calling telling you he wants to manage your club, I haven't clue in the world how you could possibly say no.

Hasn't made many major mistakes?

Colluding behind the Trust's back
Sending a letter from his solicitor asking to annul the SHA
Emnes
Ngog
Not replacing Ash and Ayew
Thinking he's Brian Clough
Appointing a dog sh*t recruitment team

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 09:47 - Jan 16 with 973 viewsperchrockjack

We re going over old ground to assuage this pain we re feeling.

It is not ,IMO ,the yanks fault we re where we are, nor any particular manager.

Purely down to players ,whom we bought and sold.

It's that simple.

What is sickening is the fans and public seemingly don't have the balls to rip into him

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 09:47 - Jan 16 with 975 viewsConcerned_Parent

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 09:35 - Jan 16 by waynekerr55

Hasn't made many major mistakes?

Colluding behind the Trust's back
Sending a letter from his solicitor asking to annul the SHA
Emnes
Ngog
Not replacing Ash and Ayew
Thinking he's Brian Clough
Appointing a dog sh*t recruitment team

i made that post 2 years ago mate. this was well before most of what you listed happened

but yes, i agree about the other stuff. he definitely needs to be held accountable for appointing a pathetic joke of a recruitment team and signing emnes and ngog, something that was in complete defiance of laudrup's wishes
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 09:49 - Jan 16 with 973 viewsBloodyhills

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 11:25 - Feb 12 by Concerned_Parent

I don't think HJ has made many major mistakes as our chairman, but he really screwed up on that one. When a legend like Koeman, with his experience, accomplishments, and power to attract players comes calling telling you he wants to manage your club, I haven't clue in the world how you could possibly say no.

He may not have made major mistakes but but we are still suffering death by a thousand cuts.

It's all a but grim really :(

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 09:56 - Jan 16 with 967 viewsConcerned_Parent

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 09:47 - Jan 16 by perchrockjack

We re going over old ground to assuage this pain we re feeling.

It is not ,IMO ,the yanks fault we re where we are, nor any particular manager.

Purely down to players ,whom we bought and sold.

It's that simple.

What is sickening is the fans and public seemingly don't have the balls to rip into him

the yanks are to blame just as much as jenkins. they kept him on and let him remain as chairman despite the fact that he has been running this club into the ground for over 2 years now, and they continue to support him.

then of course, there's the issue that they have yet to invest anything into this club. had they done so we might actually have a squad that isn't the shower of shit we have now

jenkins has no doubt been the architect of our downfall, but the responsibility ultimately falls on the owners. they can get rid of jenkins at any time, but they instead are choosing to let him continue destroying this club
Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 10:21 - Jan 16 with 939 viewsperchrockjack

That s a good riposte and frankly, you re correct.

I believe they should have removed him by now.

They might well do but it will be too late

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 12:28 - Jan 16 with 914 viewsOldjack

Jenkins must be kicking himself right now on 12:40 - Feb 12 by skippyjack

People slate Laudrup.. he's one of our greatest managers ever..

We knocked Liverpool and Chelsea out of the Cup
Beat Arsenal away
Won us a trophy
Signed Bony, Michu
Beat Valencia in Europe

Laudrup was hardly the disaster you all make out.

But after the cup win we were sleep walking towards relegation , he seemed far to laid back for my liking ps i don't think he liked Bony and i'm sure Bony was a Huw signing

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024