Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Clencha' Interview on BBC radio 5 today....Re 'Drake' 17:06 - Mar 3 with 3248 viewsDiscodroids

'CLENCHA' (real name 'Derek') gives his thought on the ruthless rap assasin 'Drake' (real name aubery)this morning.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02l673s
"he rapped up the ladies nice". #literally

the state of modern day rap/hip hop.jesus h christ.

makes you long for the days of tupac talking about fuc king biggie's wife.

A Number One.

'Clencha' Interview on BBC radio 5 today....Re 'Drake' on 17:18 - Mar 3 with 3229 viewspaulparker

Modern Rap/ Hip Hop is sh*te

Big Daddy Kane, ATCQ, De La Soul, Jungle Brothers, Jurassic 5, Derek B , Eric B & Rakeem, NWA, Public Enemy, Young MC , Silver Bullet, early snoop Dogg , Dmob,
Wu Tung clan
that's what was good

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

'Clencha' Interview on BBC radio 5 today....Re 'Drake' on 17:21 - Mar 3 with 3221 viewsballbag

Is Clencha a prison term?

"Ooh you lucky bastard, you got yourself a clencher there."

'Clencha' Interview on BBC radio 5 today....Re 'Drake' on 18:27 - Mar 3 with 3163 viewsFredManRave

'Clencha' Interview on BBC radio 5 today....Re 'Drake' on 17:18 - Mar 3 by paulparker

Big Daddy Kane, ATCQ, De La Soul, Jungle Brothers, Jurassic 5, Derek B , Eric B & Rakeem, NWA, Public Enemy, Young MC , Silver Bullet, early snoop Dogg , Dmob,
Wu Tung clan
that's what was good

Not forgetting Cypress Hill and John Barnes.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

'Clencha' Interview on BBC radio 5 today....Re 'Drake' on 19:12 - Mar 3 with 3114 viewsPunteR

'Clencha' Interview on BBC radio 5 today....Re 'Drake' on 18:27 - Mar 3 by FredManRave

Not forgetting Cypress Hill and John Barnes.

Plus Ice T, Ice Cube and Vanilla Ice..

I do like a bit dizzy Rascal though.Root Manuva is Quality.
Not a massive fan of rap these days though especially the American stuff.
Loved old Run DMC, Beastie Boys, PE,NWA. Pharsyde, Wu Tan,Dr Dre,Cypruss Hill etc etc

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

'Clencha' Interview on BBC radio 5 today....Re 'Drake' on 20:03 - Mar 3 with 3074 viewsLblock

'Clencha' Interview on BBC radio 5 today....Re 'Drake' on 17:18 - Mar 3 by paulparker

Wu Tung clan
that's what was good

Parker you've named every single decent one I would've done

I'd add King Bee and Heavy D and the Boyz but only for one track wonders

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

'Clencha' Interview on BBC radio 5 today....Re 'Drake' on 20:05 - Mar 3 with 3070 viewsdannyblue

Loved EPMD too
'Clencha' Interview on BBC radio 5 today....Re 'Drake' on 20:14 - Mar 3 with 3050 viewsDeptfordR

love Ice-t in his Bodycount phase.

Kkk bitch particular favorite :-D

Not to forget LL cool J too! Mama said knock you out was a classic!
'Clencha' Interview on BBC radio 5 today....Re 'Drake' on 08:27 - Mar 4 with 2902 viewsDiscodroids

'If you riff, I'ma flip like Nadia Comaneci'

A Number One.

Login to get fewer ads

'Clencha' Interview on BBC radio 5 today....Re 'Drake' on 09:12 - Mar 4 with 2884 viewspaulparker

'Clencha' Interview on BBC radio 5 today....Re 'Drake' on 20:03 - Mar 3 by Lblock

Parker you've named every single decent one I would've done

I'd add King Bee and Heavy D and the Boyz but only for one track wonders

Heavy D and the Boyz always reminds me of Parkers in Greenford or the Palais
throw in PM Dawn with set adrift and I could be back in 91
BTW if your talking one hit wonders LBlock how about Dj mark the 45 king ,the 900 number ??

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

'Clencha' Interview on BBC radio 5 today....Re 'Drake' on 13:17 - Mar 4 with 2839 viewsDorse

I would throw in the 'Westside Connection'. Rather spiffing in actual fact old boy. Side project from Ice Cube, Mack 10 and some other geezer who I can't remember. I'll probably get a cap busted in my ass for failing to give props to the man.

Westsi-eeeeeeede!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

'Clencha' Interview on BBC radio 5 today....Re 'Drake' on 15:46 - Mar 4 with 2802 viewswillis1980

Many big names forgotten here

Dj Premier
Peter Rock
Diamond D
Nas

Closer to home:
Mertons very own Slick Rick
London Posse
Demon Boys
Hijack
I could go on and on

Not all new hip hop is utter garbage like Drake etc.

Joey Badass
Action Bronson
Statik Selektah
Sean P
Run the Jewels

all make great hip hop with a vintage feel, 50 cent, jay z etc took the culture down a terrible route that has caused everlasting damage. Which is why twonks like Drake are celebrated rather than wordsmiths like Ghostface Killah
'Clencha' Interview on BBC radio 5 today....Re 'Drake' on 15:51 - Mar 4 with 2795 viewsCiderwithRsie

Christ, I can understand even less of this than the FFP thread.

Is there some sort of Google Translate that can change this into something I can understand e.g. "ruthless rap artist" = "popular beat combo"?
'Clencha' Interview on BBC radio 5 today....Re 'Drake' on 16:48 - Mar 4 with 2771 viewsFDC

'Clencha' Interview on BBC radio 5 today....Re 'Drake' on 15:51 - Mar 4 by CiderwithRsie

Christ, I can understand even less of this than the FFP thread.

Is there some sort of Google Translate that can change this into something I can understand e.g. "ruthless rap artist" = "popular beat combo"?

Give me UK hip hop circa Low Life Records over US any day of any week

Jehst & Task Force feat. Braintax - Cosmic Gypsies:
'Clencha' Interview on BBC radio 5 today....Re 'Drake' on 19:37 - Mar 4 with 2710 viewsPunteR

Itchytriggafinganiggaz

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024