Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin to Newcastle 19:58 - Jun 11 with 8698 viewsJamie

Chaz wants to play for Schteeve, Newcastle value him at £10m say their locals:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-mov
Austin to Newcastle on 20:00 - Jun 11 with 4866 viewsWatford_Ranger

Then they value him wrongly. 15 is fair taking into account only having a year left on his contract.
Austin to Newcastle on 20:05 - Jun 11 with 4825 viewskomradkirk

10 million,i wouldnt even speak to them for that
Austin to Newcastle on 20:19 - Jun 11 with 4723 viewsbarbicanranger

Even if it is $10m hopefully Tony will see that this model works - I believe we bought him for $4m, so that's a $6m profit - I'm sure that more than covers his wages since he's been here so there you go. It works.

Sorry for dollars - im in US with no pound sign.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2015 20:20]
Austin to Newcastle on 20:22 - Jun 11 with 4709 viewsQPR_John

May well happen but the author of that article has no more inside info than anybody else. The implication put on the picture is that Austin was looking longingly at Newcastle while playing for us just to justify the text
Austin to Newcastle on 20:24 - Jun 11 with 4704 viewsQPR_John

Austin to Newcastle on 20:19 - Jun 11 by barbicanranger

Even if it is $10m hopefully Tony will see that this model works - I believe we bought him for $4m, so that's a $6m profit - I'm sure that more than covers his wages since he's been here so there you go. It works.

And the cost trying to replace him. Surely we want more than to break even.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2015 20:25]
Austin to Newcastle on 20:41 - Jun 11 with 4621 viewsoddball

15m minimum.cough up or fcuk off.
Austin to Newcastle on 20:44 - Jun 11 with 4600 viewsClive_Anderson

He's worth more than that for just one more season to try and get back up.

So they can fack off.
Austin to Newcastle on 20:44 - Jun 11 with 4605 viewsdaveB

the comments are good with fans saying how they should nick Hoilett and Caulker off us as well. Just goes to show a lot of fans have no idea about how well or badly other teams players are doing.

I still think Southampton would be a great move for Austin especially with his family down there and him getting married soon, but Steve Black and Mclaren will be a big pull for him
Login to get fewer ads

Austin to Newcastle on 20:58 - Jun 11 with 4526 viewsQPR_Jim

Austin to Newcastle on 20:24 - Jun 11 by QPR_John

And the cost trying to replace him. Surely we want more than to break even.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2015 20:25]

Tbh at 10m we have still done better than break even, his goals were what got us into the playoffs. We should still go for 15m, I think that's more representative of the market value but either way he's been a good piece of business and something for TF to look to replicate.
Austin to Newcastle on 21:07 - Jun 11 with 4492 viewsdaveB

got to hope Southampton and west ham try for him as well to help drive the price up
Austin to Newcastle on 21:29 - Jun 11 with 4391 viewsfrancisbowles

If the rumours are true and almost every top division side is interested, then we must take advantage and start an auction with a reserve in excess of 12 million
Austin to Newcastle on 21:32 - Jun 11 with 4376 viewsBasingstokeR

If we've said £15m officially then we should stick to that.

£10m is less than Ross McCormack transferring between clubs in the Championship, not a player close to an England cap with 18 goals in the Premier League.
Austin to Newcastle on 21:42 - Jun 11 with 4330 viewsDorse

Austin to Newcastle on 21:29 - Jun 11 by francisbowles

If the rumours are true and almost every top division side is interested, then we must take advantage and start an auction with a reserve in excess of 12 million

It's like Patrick Agyemang all over again...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Austin to Newcastle on 21:46 - Jun 11 with 4308 viewsRed_Ranger

Firstly £10.0m doesn't seem a lot for a striker of his quality bearing in mind how much we would receive if we went up next season.
Maybe we are not realistically considering going up next season.

Secondly, can anyone explain why he wouldn't be better off staying for another season with us and then take s super salary when he can transfer without a fee? Apart from his agent wanting a cut of the fee, why wouldn't he hang around and go for a free?
Austin to Newcastle on 22:17 - Jun 11 with 4173 viewsbarbicanranger

Austin to Newcastle on 20:58 - Jun 11 by QPR_Jim

Tbh at 10m we have still done better than break even, his goals were what got us into the playoffs. We should still go for 15m, I think that's more representative of the market value but either way he's been a good piece of business and something for TF to look to replicate.

That was my point - probably shouldn't have added the salary comment in there - but it was a way of showing that if you buy sensibly you can effectively have a player for nothing and still sell at a marginal profit overall (compared to some of the other deals Fernandes has done where we have had to pay players to leave). Assuming you'd have to pay a player's salary regardless then we have made 6m on Austin if he sells for 10m and that's the sort of business a club like us should be doing. And I think Austin became known to the wider football world via Qpr so it's a tick in that box as well.
Austin to Newcastle on 22:18 - Jun 11 with 4168 viewsizlingtonhoop

Look. Nothing to do with the thread - I'd say
15 million minimum - and it sounds a bit clever dick - but computers and phones in America have copy and paste functions too...
Austin to Newcastle on 22:26 - Jun 11 with 4141 viewsconnell10

i reckon chaz is worth 20 million with 20% coming to us of any transfer in the future if he is sold on.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Austin to Newcastle on 22:37 - Jun 11 with 4100 viewsdaveB

Austin to Newcastle on 21:46 - Jun 11 by Red_Ranger

Firstly £10.0m doesn't seem a lot for a striker of his quality bearing in mind how much we would receive if we went up next season.
Maybe we are not realistically considering going up next season.

Secondly, can anyone explain why he wouldn't be better off staying for another season with us and then take s super salary when he can transfer without a fee? Apart from his agent wanting a cut of the fee, why wouldn't he hang around and go for a free?

He has to move on for his own sake, he would be a complete idiot to want to stay and go back to the championship. Lots of talk from the club and us fans about wanting to go back to the old QPR well this is what we used to be, buy cheap make them a better player then sell on and start again. Keeping Austin would show we've learnt bugger all and all this talk is just hot air
Austin to Newcastle on 22:43 - Jun 11 with 4075 viewsSpiritofGregory

Newcastle valued Andy Carroll at £35m yet value Charlie at £10m???
Austin to Newcastle on 22:55 - Jun 11 with 4037 viewsSpiritofGregory

When we sell Charlie we are severely weakening the team we have to use the money from his sale to buy two strikers and other players therefore it's important that we get at least £17m for him.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2015 22:55]
Austin to Newcastle on 23:03 - Jun 11 with 4002 viewsSpiritofGregory

Austin to Newcastle on 20:44 - Jun 11 by daveB

the comments are good with fans saying how they should nick Hoilett and Caulker off us as well. Just goes to show a lot of fans have no idea about how well or badly other teams players are doing.

I still think Southampton would be a great move for Austin especially with his family down there and him getting married soon, but Steve Black and Mclaren will be a big pull for him

Don't feel Newcastle is such a pull probably the best out of a mediocre bunch. He must be looking at Ings thinking you jammy git... Saying that I hear that Chelsea might be interested, if that's the case, he'll drive there quicker than you can say Loic Remy.
Austin to Newcastle on 23:03 - Jun 11 with 3999 viewsdaveB

Austin to Newcastle on 22:43 - Jun 11 by SpiritofGregory

Newcastle valued Andy Carroll at £35m yet value Charlie at £10m???

Carrol had 5 years on his contract and Liverpool were desperate and had just sod a player for 50 million. If we get 15 million for Austin we've done well
Austin to Newcastle on 23:14 - Jun 11 with 3947 viewsSpiritofGregory

Austin to Newcastle on 23:03 - Jun 11 by daveB

Carrol had 5 years on his contract and Liverpool were desperate and had just sod a player for 50 million. If we get 15 million for Austin we've done well

This week Tottenham offered £12m for Danny Ings who has 3 weeks left on his contract. Premier League clubs have just received huge amounts of money from the new Sky deal.

Unfortunately we have a reputation for being a soft touch and pathetic negotiators, it's high time we shrugged off that reputation.
Austin to Newcastle on 23:15 - Jun 11 with 3945 viewsSydneyRs

Holding down alt and typing 0163 creates a pound sign. This discovery changed my life.
Austin to Newcastle on 23:18 - Jun 11 with 3938 viewsSpiritofGregory

The club need to put pressure on Charlie's agent. Demand X amount and give a time limit. Make him earn his money.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024