Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mackie medical QPR 13:54 - Jun 15 with 43403 viewsWeaverQPR

Is da rumour

@WeavQPR

Mackie medical QPR on 16:06 - Jun 15 with 4677 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mackie medical QPR on 15:48 - Jun 15 by aston_hoop

Good hardworking player who loves the club, exactly the kind of player we need in the squad. Whether its a hardworking performance on the wing or through the middle, or as an impact sub when heads have dropped. Shortlisted for player of the year at Reading last season too so not sure his standards have dropped massively!

I think he left us because we played him on the wing.

I'm happy with this. I'm hoping it's not just for Nostalgic reasons.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2015 16:07]
Mackie medical QPR on 16:11 - Jun 15 with 4622 viewsBromleyHoop

Not the most gifted of players by any stretch but, as we've seen with taarabt, you may be brilliant but if you can't be arsed then you ain't worth diddly squat. I'd take him as a squad player on an appropriate wage for his energy and attitude and knowledge of the club.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Mackie medical QPR on 16:11 - Jun 15 with 4609 viewsdaveB

Mackie medical QPR on 15:41 - Jun 15 by Watford_Ranger

Assuming Austin goes out strike force currently consists of...

Good squad player is Mackie at least.

We've got Jay Emmanuel Thomas as well
Mackie medical QPR on 16:18 - Jun 15 with 4536 viewsHunterhoop

I would have him back in a heartbeat.

All those saying "I'm underwhelmed", "no, from me.", etc. Just what are your expectations for next season??? Promotion? Play offs?

If so, you're deluded.

If your expectations/hopes are
a) we survive
b) we have a team who all give their all
c) who look to play exciting, attacking football
d) who aren't on massive money

...if they are your expectations, Mackie would be a no-brainer. He fits all the above. He is a very useful squad player, if not starter, in the Championship. Yes, he's technically limited, but Christ, who do you expect us to be signing?!! We're not spending the cash like we used to (thanfully) and, in case you've forgotten, we're Queens Park Rangers: a small-medium sized club in W London, whose post-war league position in English football is about 32nd.

Mackie is not, in any way shape or form, below us.

He's exactly the sort of player we could do with having back.
Mackie medical QPR on 16:20 - Jun 15 with 4494 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mackie medical QPR on 16:18 - Jun 15 by Hunterhoop

All those saying "I'm underwhelmed", "no, from me.", etc. Just what are your expectations for next season??? Promotion? Play offs?

If so, you're deluded.

a) we survive

...if they are your expectations, Mackie would be a no-brainer. He fits all the above. He is a very useful squad player, if not starter, in the Championship. Yes, he's technically limited, but Christ, who do you expect us to be signing?!! We're not spending the cash like we used to (thanfully) and, in case you've forgotten, we're Queens Park Rangers: a small-medium sized club in W London, whose post-war league position in English football is about 32nd.

Couldn't agree more with this.
Mackie medical QPR on 16:22 - Jun 15 with 4472 viewsdaveB

Mackie medical QPR on 16:06 - Jun 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

I think he left us because we played him on the wing.

I'm happy with this. I'm hoping it's not just for Nostalgic reasons.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2015 16:07]

He left as Redknapp signed Phillips and told him he wouldn't be a regular so he left for regular football. I still think he should have stayed and fought for his place, he'd have soon been back in the side but the time away probably did him some good and he was one of the few players we've made some money on in recent years
Mackie medical QPR on 16:26 - Jun 15 with 4415 viewsbosh67

Get him back, make him captain. He can lead by example.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mackie medical QPR on 16:26 - Jun 15 with 4414 viewsAntti_Heinola

Mackie medical QPR on 16:22 - Jun 15 by daveB

He left as Redknapp signed Phillips and told him he wouldn't be a regular so he left for regular football. I still think he should have stayed and fought for his place, he'd have soon been back in the side but the time away probably did him some good and he was one of the few players we've made some money on in recent years

I remember when Redknapp was fielding a 40% fit Zamora rather than giving Mackie a go while he was sat on the bench.
The idea jamie f'n mackie wouldn't fight for his place is about as ludicrous as Redknapp's excuse for resigning last Jan. Indeed, Mackie went on to play at two more clubs where he was constantly fighting for his place.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Mackie medical QPR on 16:38 - Jun 15 with 4309 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mackie medical QPR on 16:22 - Jun 15 by daveB

Ah ok. A former team mate of his told me it was because he was played out of position.
Mackie medical QPR on 16:43 - Jun 15 with 4255 viewsessextaxiboy

If so, you're deluded.

a) we survive

My expectations are for a young new squad of " unpolished gems" with something to prove along with the coach. A trickle of U21s coming through and given a chance . Not resigning old ones.

Resigning players is never a good idea IMO . Quickest way to lose the "legend" tag .

As for delusional I would save that for those who think Mackie could play in a central striker roll . With his back to goal he couldnt trap a bag of cement ..
Mackie medical QPR on 16:45 - Jun 15 with 4234 viewsMonahoop

Be glad to have him back. Shame we didn't have more of his hard working sort when were playing in the Premier League than signing loads of over payed, couldn't care less mercinaries. Thumbs up from me.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Mackie medical QPR on 16:47 - Jun 15 with 4213 viewsPhilmyRs

If so, you're deluded.

a) we survive

I agree we should all be happy to have Mackie back. He’s an excellent pro and a better player than people give him credit for. Easily good enough for this division and for us.

However, I don’t agree that expectations should be set so low. If you look at the business we’re doing now, it’s good. We’re buying well. If you do a potential starting 11 for next season — removing Austin but keeping the others — it doesn’t look too bad. Now I don’t think we’ll go up automatically or even via the play-offs, but I think the aim should at least be to threaten the play-offs. Finishing outside would be no disgrace but setting the target of survival even before a ball has been kicked is unacceptable and in effect giving the Manager too much ‘job security’. In my job, if my targets were simply to come in on time, work hard and motivate those around me it would be an easy life I’m telling you. They demand more from me and I try and deliver. If you set expectations low, people don’t push themselves to achieve more.

If all the expectations you've listed are all as one - e.g. if you achieve A) B) and D) but not C) then it's a failure, I can understand a bit more. But I certainly don't want us to approach the season with the view that a hardworking team which stays up is something we should be pleased with.

Top 6 shouldn't be ruled out, although we'll have a better idea once transfer business is finished.
Mackie medical QPR on 16:49 - Jun 15 with 4195 viewsmacclesfieldman

I welcome him back 100%, over a 46 game season in a tight division I'm certain he will earn his shirt. Really hope this is true.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

Mackie medical QPR on 16:50 - Jun 15 with 4182 viewsdaveB

Mackie medical QPR on 16:26 - Jun 15 by Antti_Heinola

I remember when Redknapp was fielding a 40% fit Zamora rather than giving Mackie a go while he was sat on the bench.
The idea jamie f'n mackie wouldn't fight for his place is about as ludicrous as Redknapp's excuse for resigning last Jan. Indeed, Mackie went on to play at two more clubs where he was constantly fighting for his place.

I just think he'd had enough of being on the bench and didn't think he had a chance so left, don't blame him for that at all
Mackie medical QPR on 16:52 - Jun 15 with 4161 viewsloftboy

If so, you're deluded.

a) we survive

Would be a perfect season for me, stick the PL up your arse

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Mackie medical QPR on 16:52 - Jun 15 with 3965 viewsdaveB

Mackie medical QPR on 16:38 - Jun 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

Ah ok. A former team mate of his told me it was because he was played out of position.

am sure that was another factor although I can't honestly remember where he played under Redknapp, have a vague memory of him starting a few games up front but have managed to block most of that season out
Mackie medical QPR on 16:53 - Jun 15 with 3963 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mackie medical QPR on 16:50 - Jun 15 by daveB

I just think he'd had enough of being on the bench and didn't think he had a chance so left, don't blame him for that at all

He may be a disaster, he may not , but let's not shoot him down before he leaves the hanger eh.
Mackie medical QPR on 16:55 - Jun 15 with 3938 viewsPunteR

What's the cockney slang for no brainer.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Mackie medical QPR on 16:58 - Jun 15 with 3913 viewsessextaxiboy

Mackie medical QPR on 16:53 - Jun 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

He may be a disaster, he may not , but let's not shoot him down before he leaves the hanger eh.

If he signs I will be right behind him hoping to be proved wrong . Until he is a Rangers player its all about opinions .
Mackie medical QPR on 16:59 - Jun 15 with 3892 viewsitsbiga

Mackie medical QPR on 16:55 - Jun 15 by PunteR

Ship Container
Think Mackie should get signed Terry?
Yeah mate its a ship son, total ship.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Mackie medical QPR on 17:00 - Jun 15 with 3890 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mackie medical QPR on 16:58 - Jun 15 by essextaxiboy

If he signs I will be right behind him hoping to be proved wrong . Until he is a Rangers player its all about opinions .

Opinions and expectations.
Mackie medical QPR on 17:01 - Jun 15 with 3882 viewsheadhoops

Its a yes from me - never had him as the most technically gifted, however, when its cold, wet, freezing and Rotherham away you know who you want by your side and its not any of the money grabbing stars we have had over the past 3-4 years.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Mackie medical QPR on 17:03 - Jun 15 with 3859 viewsAntti_Heinola

Mackie medical QPR on 16:43 - Jun 15 by essextaxiboy

My expectations are for a young new squad of " unpolished gems" with something to prove along with the coach. A trickle of U21s coming through and given a chance . Not resigning old ones.

Resigning players is never a good idea IMO . Quickest way to lose the "legend" tag .

As for delusional I would save that for those who think Mackie could play in a central striker roll . With his back to goal he couldnt trap a bag of cement ..

Terrible idea to re-sign Kevin Gallen, yes. If Mackie was 32 I'd agree with you. As he's not, I don't.

Bare bones.

Mackie medical QPR on 17:04 - Jun 15 with 3856 viewslondonscottish

Mackie medical QPR on 16:55 - Jun 15 by PunteR

Tea bag strainer.

It's a yes from me.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Mackie medical QPR on 17:13 - Jun 15 with 3765 viewsHunterhoop

Mackie medical QPR on 16:47 - Jun 15 by PhilmyRs

I agree we should all be happy to have Mackie back. He’s an excellent pro and a better player than people give him credit for. Easily good enough for this division and for us.

However, I don’t agree that expectations should be set so low. If you look at the business we’re doing now, it’s good. We’re buying well. If you do a potential starting 11 for next season — removing Austin but keeping the others — it doesn’t look too bad. Now I don’t think we’ll go up automatically or even via the play-offs, but I think the aim should at least be to threaten the play-offs. Finishing outside would be no disgrace but setting the target of survival even before a ball has been kicked is unacceptable and in effect giving the Manager too much ‘job security’. In my job, if my targets were simply to come in on time, work hard and motivate those around me it would be an easy life I’m telling you. They demand more from me and I try and deliver. If you set expectations low, people don’t push themselves to achieve more.

If all the expectations you've listed are all as one - e.g. if you achieve A) B) and D) but not C) then it's a failure, I can understand a bit more. But I certainly don't want us to approach the season with the view that a hardworking team which stays up is something we should be pleased with.

Top 6 shouldn't be ruled out, although we'll have a better idea once transfer business is finished.

Yes, they'll as one. And they're not "objectives"; they're expectations. There is a big difference. One is a target you set the team, one is a reasonable assessment of what is a reasonable outcome you'd be satisfied by.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024