Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO TVOS 09:23 - Aug 10 with 31878 viewswalkley_owl

Morning fella,

Hope you've had a decent summer, good win on Saturday too, any idea what the away figure was?

cheers
FAO TVOS on 19:06 - Aug 17 with 4516 viewsD_Alien

FAO TVOS on 15:38 - Aug 17 by 1mark1

Do all home crowds of all clubs not include ST holders? Or does it vary with each club?

I suspect it varies, but it shouldn't

The number of bodies passing through the turnstiles should be the sole criterion for crowd counting. It's not referred to as the "attendance figure" for nothing, as opposed to something like "the number of people who've handed some money over at some stage"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

FAO TVOS on 19:14 - Aug 17 with 4474 viewsDaleiLama

FAO TVOS on 18:51 - Aug 17 by AtThePeake

For what it's worth, I've decided to go to less games this year due to the price. But the jump has coincided with me no longer being eligible for the U22's priced ticket, which is unfortunate timing but fair.

This started with the Coventry game last week (I'm aware that it was reduced price but with good reason for an unattractive game in the usually poorly-attended first round of that competition), as I felt that I couldn't justify paying £15 for the price given that I'm trying to move out and perhaps fund a trip to France for the Euros next year.

I have to work some Saturdays and as a result, a season ticket is not a viable option. But then most weekends, nor is paying £22 for a third tier match. It's infuriating to know that I can get a ticket as an Under 23 at Bolton for £16 for example. Not that I'm going to go and watch Bolton instead cause I can get on for £6 cheaper, it's just knowing that I could watch a higher level of football for a smaller price is a little annoying.

I love football and I love Rochdale but sometimes you have to prioritise. Paying £22 to watch every home game I can get to is not something I can really afford if I want to do other things so I'm going to have to pick and choose which games I attend this season.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2015 18:55]

I'd be flabbergasted if you are the only one!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

FAO TVOS on 19:15 - Aug 17 with 4466 viewsDomDale

FAO TVOS on 19:06 - Aug 17 by D_Alien

The number of bodies passing through the turnstiles should be the sole criterion for crowd counting. It's not referred to as the "attendance figure" for nothing, as opposed to something like "the number of people who've handed some money over at some stage"

Surely there's a health and safety standard applied to this sort of thing. Say for example a ground went up in flames on a Saturday and the emergency services were only able to head count 3000 people getting out and not 7000, what then?

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

FAO TVOS on 19:19 - Aug 17 with 4451 viewsDaleiLama

FAO TVOS on 19:15 - Aug 17 by DomDale

Surely there's a health and safety standard applied to this sort of thing. Say for example a ground went up in flames on a Saturday and the emergency services were only able to head count 3000 people getting out and not 7000, what then?

Expect it also affects policing and stewarding costs. In a ludicrous extreme case, if 7k season tickets were sold but only 1 person turned up every week, he/she wouldn't need quite the same army of supervision. Unless it was a Millwall fan.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2015 19:19]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

FAO TVOS on 19:27 - Aug 17 with 4414 views1mark1

I agree. What do the Dale do? I would guess we count the crowd as attendees, but do we?

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

FAO TVOS on 19:29 - Aug 17 with 4407 viewsAtThePeake

Arsenal have done this for years. There was a Champions League game qualifying game at the Emirates a few years ago that was included in the price of a season ticket and the attendance was given as a near sell-out when there was clearly at least 10,000 empty seats.

Tangled up in blue.

FAO TVOS on 19:40 - Aug 17 with 4374 views1mark1

FAO TVOS on 18:51 - Aug 17 by AtThePeake

For what it's worth, I've decided to go to less games this year due to the price. But the jump has coincided with me no longer being eligible for the U22's priced ticket, which is unfortunate timing but fair.

This started with the Coventry game last week (I'm aware that it was reduced price but with good reason for an unattractive game in the usually poorly-attended first round of that competition), as I felt that I couldn't justify paying £15 for the price given that I'm trying to move out and perhaps fund a trip to France for the Euros next year.

I have to work some Saturdays and as a result, a season ticket is not a viable option. But then most weekends, nor is paying £22 for a third tier match. It's infuriating to know that I can get a ticket as an Under 23 at Bolton for £16 for example. Not that I'm going to go and watch Bolton instead cause I can get on for £6 cheaper, it's just knowing that I could watch a higher level of football for a smaller price is a little annoying.

I love football and I love Rochdale but sometimes you have to prioritise. Paying £22 to watch every home game I can get to is not something I can really afford if I want to do other things so I'm going to have to pick and choose which games I attend this season.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2015 18:55]

When this town's economy finally grows and full time permanent decent paid jobs increase, and it's workers start getting paid better than the current levels of pay and they have the spare money to watch the Dale, then the attendances will grow. Until then people will have to get to as many as they can while balancing with other more important expenses they might have like sending their kids to school with new uniforms, paying ever increasing food bills, ever increasing rents, etc .

Really unfortunate, but these are the truths of the matter , and I feel sorry for the team and management, coaches etc, when the product of their endeavors isn't getting the support it deserves. The board and commercial dept have to ask themselves, if their decisions regarding ticket and season ticket pricing are the the right ones. If they end up with more revenue by their costings without less support to the team, then yes they have done the right thing.

FAO TVOS on 20:04 - Aug 17 with 4323 viewsAtThePeake

FAO TVOS on 19:40 - Aug 17 by 1mark1

When this town's economy finally grows and full time permanent decent paid jobs increase, and it's workers start getting paid better than the current levels of pay and they have the spare money to watch the Dale, then the attendances will grow. Until then people will have to get to as many as they can while balancing with other more important expenses they might have like sending their kids to school with new uniforms, paying ever increasing food bills, ever increasing rents, etc .

Really unfortunate, but these are the truths of the matter , and I feel sorry for the team and management, coaches etc, when the product of their endeavors isn't getting the support it deserves. The board and commercial dept have to ask themselves, if their decisions regarding ticket and season ticket pricing are the the right ones. If they end up with more revenue by their costings without less support to the team, then yes they have done the right thing.

Agreed, and although it may mean me not seeing Dale as much as I would like to this year, I understand that the price increase would be in the best interests of the club. That's the harsh reality of it unfortunately.

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

FAO TVOS on 20:14 - Aug 17 with 4295 viewsBobbyjoe

FAO TVOS on 19:40 - Aug 17 by 1mark1

Don't think so. Many can afford to, but choose not to. Out of interest, how many priced-out contributors to this thread would have bought a season-ticket if they had been £150?
FAO TVOS on 20:25 - Aug 17 with 4268 viewsAtThePeake

FAO TVOS on 20:14 - Aug 17 by Bobbyjoe

Don't think so. Many can afford to, but choose not to. Out of interest, how many priced-out contributors to this thread would have bought a season-ticket if they had been £150?

Me, without a doubt.

Tangled up in blue.

FAO TVOS on 20:40 - Aug 17 with 4241 views1mark1

FAO TVOS on 20:14 - Aug 17 by Bobbyjoe

And how do you know? I know people who don't go to as many games as they would like to due to financial reasons. How many different people watch the Dale over a season? If everyone of them watched 20 games a season then perhaps we would have 4500 every game, maybe more, if they could afford it. Saying all of this, even if it was only £15 a game max, it might NOT mean enough extra fans turning up, to make it financially viable, though it would mean better vocal support for the team.

Another reason why others can't go, is because some have to work 50/60 hours a week to earn a decent living, meaning they are too knackered, or have to spend family time etc.

Many of those would probably love to pay £150 for a season ticket, if available over installments, especially. Be great to see 6000 season tickets sold.

If I could buy a season ticket for £15 a month over ten installments, by DD then I would do. Dale should invest in technology for season tickets to be on a swipe card, for use at turnstiles, which if a person failed to keep up with payments would mean the card did not work.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2015 20:44]

FAO TVOS on 21:37 - Aug 17 with 4165 viewsBobbyjoe

FAO TVOS on 20:40 - Aug 17 by 1mark1

And how do you know? I know people who don't go to as many games as they would like to due to financial reasons. How many different people watch the Dale over a season? If everyone of them watched 20 games a season then perhaps we would have 4500 every game, maybe more, if they could afford it. Saying all of this, even if it was only £15 a game max, it might NOT mean enough extra fans turning up, to make it financially viable, though it would mean better vocal support for the team.

Another reason why others can't go, is because some have to work 50/60 hours a week to earn a decent living, meaning they are too knackered, or have to spend family time etc.

Many of those would probably love to pay £150 for a season ticket, if available over installments, especially. Be great to see 6000 season tickets sold.

If I could buy a season ticket for £15 a month over ten installments, by DD then I would do. Dale should invest in technology for season tickets to be on a swipe card, for use at turnstiles, which if a person failed to keep up with payments would mean the card did not work.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2015 20:44]

I don't, nor does anyone else, not least RAFC. That's why we're all reduced to guessing!
FAO TVOS on 23:18 - Aug 17 with 4066 viewsD_Alien

FAO TVOS on 21:37 - Aug 17 by Bobbyjoe

I don't, nor does anyone else, not least RAFC. That's why we're all reduced to guessing!

But the cost of watching Dale has remained constant for some time before this years increase. You seem to be making the case that a reduction - maybe a significant reduction - in prices at the turnstile would somehow "compel" more people to turn up; or at least you seem to be suggesting that it's worth trying.

I don't doubt the Dale board have looked at this angle, and have reached the conclusion - for the time being at least - that the club can't afford to take that risk; that a significant reduction in match prices would only lead to a significant reduction in income which might upset the applecart - because the club couldn't suddenly hike the prices back to current levels once fans had tasted a much lower entry fee. That would be disastrous in business terms. If you were Chris Dunphy, would you be prepared to take that risk with the club?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

FAO TVOS on 23:34 - Aug 17 with 4043 viewsBobbyjoe

FAO TVOS on 23:18 - Aug 17 by D_Alien

But the cost of watching Dale has remained constant for some time before this years increase. You seem to be making the case that a reduction - maybe a significant reduction - in prices at the turnstile would somehow "compel" more people to turn up; or at least you seem to be suggesting that it's worth trying.

I don't doubt the Dale board have looked at this angle, and have reached the conclusion - for the time being at least - that the club can't afford to take that risk; that a significant reduction in match prices would only lead to a significant reduction in income which might upset the applecart - because the club couldn't suddenly hike the prices back to current levels once fans had tasted a much lower entry fee. That would be disastrous in business terms. If you were Chris Dunphy, would you be prepared to take that risk with the club?

I'm not suggesting a reduction in matchday prices. I'm suggesting that 2000-3000 fans need putting on to a cheap season-ticket, which you keep selling for £150 even after the season has started (rather like the sybil!).
FAO TVOS on 23:43 - Aug 17 with 4029 viewsTVOS1907

FAO TVOS on 23:34 - Aug 17 by Bobbyjoe

I'm not suggesting a reduction in matchday prices. I'm suggesting that 2000-3000 fans need putting on to a cheap season-ticket, which you keep selling for £150 even after the season has started (rather like the sybil!).

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

FAO TVOS on 00:22 - Aug 18 with 3990 viewsdingdangblue

FAO TVOS on 19:29 - Aug 17 by AtThePeake

Arsenal have done this for years. There was a Champions League game qualifying game at the Emirates a few years ago that was included in the price of a season ticket and the attendance was given as a near sell-out when there was clearly at least 10,000 empty seats.

Man Utd did it/do it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2308323/Manchester-United-poli

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

FAO TVOS on 07:55 - Sep 16 with 3710 viewswalkley_owl

Morning once again

Just a quick question but you don't happen to have the Dale following at Burton do you?

They're notoriously difficult to get info off, and if anyone on here went does their programme show the Coventry figure?

Cheers
FAO TVOS on 10:16 - Sep 16 with 3645 viewsTVOS1907

FAO TVOS on 07:55 - Sep 16 by walkley_owl

Morning once again

Just a quick question but you don't happen to have the Dale following at Burton do you?

They're notoriously difficult to get info off, and if anyone on here went does their programme show the Coventry figure?

Cheers

283 Dale fans.

Their programme didn't list away followings.

FAO TVOS on 13:23 - Sep 16 with 3570 viewsRosun

I bet that is just the amount stood on the terraces behind the net.
You could add a few hundred onto that figure as sales for the seated stand wont be counted as away as there is no segregation.
I'd have said 500+
FAO TVOS on 14:21 - Sep 16 with 3531 viewsLuke8686

It does seem a bit low but i doubt we took much more than 300. We only had one block of the seated stand and the terrace stand did seem a bit sparse. Not a great following really but not surprising given that it was our second away game on the trot and our attrocious record against Burton.
FAO TVOS on 15:12 - Sep 16 with 3510 viewsTVOS1907

FAO TVOS on 13:23 - Sep 16 by Rosun

I bet that is just the amount stood on the terraces behind the net.
You could add a few hundred onto that figure as sales for the seated stand wont be counted as away as there is no segregation.
I'd have said 500+

283 is the total figure.

FAO TVOS on 08:56 - Sep 20 with 3346 viewswalkley_owl

Morning fella, another fine win yesterday.

How many Scunny at Sunny Spotland?

Cheers
FAO TVOS on 12:55 - Sep 20 with 3288 viewsTVOS1907

FAO TVOS on 08:56 - Sep 20 by walkley_owl

Morning fella, another fine win yesterday.

How many Scunny at Sunny Spotland?

Cheers

FAO TVOS on 10:18 - Sep 30 with 3155 viewswalkley_owl

another cracking result, any idea on the Shrewsbury number last night?
FAO TVOS on 19:40 - Sep 30 with 3089 viewsTVOS1907

FAO TVOS on 10:18 - Sep 30 by walkley_owl

another cracking result, any idea on the Shrewsbury number last night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024