Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 2041808 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:45 - Dec 8 with 5642 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:36 - Dec 8 by kel

I suspect James’ post was a bit tongue in cheek to be fair.

Ever so slightly.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:09 - Dec 10 with 5069 viewsSandyman

My informant says there is a new business plan at giggle lane. It's a new approach to bringing league football back to the people of bury, as promised. Apparently, they are selling the thousands of loyal fans who attend games that don't happen at the famous old club they haven't saved.

Only in bury..
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:14 - Dec 10 with 5064 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:09 - Dec 10 by Sandyman

My informant says there is a new business plan at giggle lane. It's a new approach to bringing league football back to the people of bury, as promised. Apparently, they are selling the thousands of loyal fans who attend games that don't happen at the famous old club they haven't saved.

Only in bury..

They must be pining for what they're missing

[Post edited 21 Dec 2022 12:16]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:25 - Dec 10 with 5046 viewsSandyman

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:14 - Dec 10 by D_Alien

They must be pining for what they're missing

[Post edited 21 Dec 2022 12:16]

Fir comment.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 00:08 - Dec 11 with 5002 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:25 - Dec 10 by Sandyman

Fir comment.

I've always said Gigg Lane needed sprucing up.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 06:40 - Dec 21 with 4197 viewskel

This week down at the comedy club…

https://www.buryfcss.co.uk/bfcss-statement-20-12-22/
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:34 - Dec 21 with 4031 viewsblackdogblue

so that “Bury FC” can commence playing at Gigg Lane from the start of the 2023/24 season

Bury FC 🤷‍♂️ wtf

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:43 - Dec 21 with 4024 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:34 - Dec 21 by blackdogblue

so that “Bury FC” can commence playing at Gigg Lane from the start of the 2023/24 season

Bury FC 🤷‍♂️ wtf

I believe the word is 'Diluted'

Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:05 - Dec 21 with 4001 viewsfourfourtwo

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 06:40 - Dec 21 by kel

This week down at the comedy club…

https://www.buryfcss.co.uk/bfcss-statement-20-12-22/

At least they’re doing the right thing and going for the vote again. To anybody with half a brain a yes vote is the only true viable solution.

I hate Bury and the majority of their fans with a passion but this whole no club thing has gone on long enough now.

I sincerely hope the knuckle heads don’t get their way this time & they manage to merge and start playing football again.

Give me Bury & Oldham over flaming Harrogate, FGR, Salford etc any day of the week.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:22 - Dec 21 with 3953 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:05 - Dec 21 by fourfourtwo

At least they’re doing the right thing and going for the vote again. To anybody with half a brain a yes vote is the only true viable solution.

I hate Bury and the majority of their fans with a passion but this whole no club thing has gone on long enough now.

I sincerely hope the knuckle heads don’t get their way this time & they manage to merge and start playing football again.

Give me Bury & Oldham over flaming Harrogate, FGR, Salford etc any day of the week.

BFCSS would have to first be honest and open about their mistakes and what they want going forward. This would mean admitting it’s not a merge as there is no football club at Gigg Lane, only a ground that needs a team to make it viable in the long term.

Bury has a club that’s being run quite well by all accounts, whether AFC choose to play at Gigg Lane should be up to them now and only if it doesn’t actually create further financial issues in the future.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:47 - Dec 21 with 3865 viewsEllDale

Surely the question should be asked if a phoenix club in tier six or seven can afford to maintain a stadium like Gigg Lane to meet safety requirements?
Darlo for example have found it necessary to downsize.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:37 - Dec 21 with 3709 viewsjudd

Can't see why they won't pick married men.

Poll: What is it to be then?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:59 - Dec 21 with 3677 viewsfourfourtwo

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:47 - Dec 21 by EllDale

Surely the question should be asked if a phoenix club in tier six or seven can afford to maintain a stadium like Gigg Lane to meet safety requirements?

The stadium Darlo came away from was almost double the size of Gigg Lane was it not?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:24 - Dec 21 with 3622 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:59 - Dec 21 by fourfourtwo

The stadium Darlo came away from was almost double the size of Gigg Lane was it not?

And also a stadium to which Darlo fans would've felt no loyalty. There was something surreal about that playoff tie with Dale in 2008, and the return leg at Spotland just felt like a much more authentic clash between old rivals

I wonder though: would the COA still be intact enough to revive as a footballing venue three years after hosting the last home match of 2020/21 had the Bottomley plan succeeded?

That it didn't, of course, says everything about the difference between the two sets of supporters. But still... something to ponder
[Post edited 21 Dec 2022 14:27]

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 14:27 - Dec 21 with 3612 viewsJames1980

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 13:59 - Dec 21 by fourfourtwo

Just reading about Darlo. I see Feethams was 8500 but that was too small for the footballing behemoth so decided to build a 25000 all seater. I can see the eyebrows of Dale fans being raised at the time.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:07 - Dec 21 with 3463 viewsEllDale

Does anyone have any idea of the sort of attendances that they're attracting whilst playing at Radcliffe?
[Post edited 21 Dec 2022 16:07]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:13 - Dec 21 with 3455 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:07 - Dec 21 by EllDale

Does anyone have any idea of the sort of attendances that they're attracting whilst playing at Radcliffe?
[Post edited 21 Dec 2022 16:07]

1000-1200 ish.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:36 - Dec 21 with 3399 viewsEllDale

So they could probably expect around 2000 on average if they go back to their "spiritual home". Presumably the battery throwers and other neanderthals have deserted them these days.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:45 - Dec 21 with 3389 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:36 - Dec 21 by EllDale

So they could probably expect around 2000 on average if they go back to their "spiritual home". Presumably the battery throwers and other neanderthals have deserted them these days.

Those that don’t go are fully aware of their own role in the demise of the previous club. Instead of doing something positive, they continue in their predictable way.

There’s a chance some may still read this thread. They should be asking themselves what have they actually done to ensure Bury has a football club.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:02 - Dec 21 with 3333 viewsTVOS1907

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:45 - Dec 21 by 442Dale

Those that don’t go are fully aware of their own role in the demise of the previous club. Instead of doing something positive, they continue in their predictable way.

There’s a chance some may still read this thread. They should be asking themselves what have they actually done to ensure Bury has a football club.

One of them is going out every weekend getting sozzled, then spending Saturday nights telling Dale fans he know that we will soon be "where we deserve to be".

At least it's likely we'll be watching a team there.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:22 - Dec 21 with 3313 viewsD_Alien

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 16:36 - Dec 21 by EllDale

"Spiritual home"

Was he referring to the Cemmy End? Can't think what else he meant

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:26 - Dec 21 with 3208 viewsturnthescrew

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:47 - Dec 21 by EllDale

The last estimate I saw, from earlier this year, (accompanied by photos of the crumbling, dilapidated stadium), said that a sum approaching £2 million would be needed to get the ground to sufficient standards for it to be granted a safety certificate.

That will take some serious fund raising/sponsorship efforts.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:42 - Dec 21 with 3190 views442Dale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 18:26 - Dec 21 by turnthescrew

The last estimate I saw, from earlier this year, (accompanied by photos of the crumbling, dilapidated stadium), said that a sum approaching £2 million would be needed to get the ground to sufficient standards for it to be granted a safety certificate.

That will take some serious fund raising/sponsorship efforts.

They have a safety certificate for games and have had a legends match with 2000 odd there (something like that)

The bigger issue would’ve the ongoing costs, especially as they are no nearer getting a 3G pitch which would make the whole facility of more use to the community 24/7. Games on the pitch stopped recently, it was becoming a bit of a state being played on constantly.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 19:39 - Dec 21 with 3132 viewsAlan_ADale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:02 - Dec 21 by TVOS1907

One of them is going out every weekend getting sozzled, then spending Saturday nights telling Dale fans he know that we will soon be "where we deserve to be".

too stoned to realise bury fc is where it deserves to be. in administration and almost dead whatever some empty heads pretend.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:13 - Dec 21 with 2953 viewsRob2

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 17:02 - Dec 21 by TVOS1907

If your referring to me yes I get sozzled every weekend but 'spending Saturday nights telling dale fans where they deserve to be' I'm not sure what u mean their maybe your not talking about me then? I did surface the other day when you were at bradford away as I couldn't resist pointing out next time will be park avenue but can't remember a time before that?? you say it's every Saturday night?? Maybe you are talking about someone else or just talking out your arse..

Do you remember when you were sending me snidy comments on Facebook leading upto Burys expulsion in 2019? Which I always laughed off.. you even commented 'id get used to watching other sports if I was you' when I tagged myself in at a cricket world cup game at oId Trafford in 2019 when other comments on the pics were non football related and family kind off stuff.
When I saw you in Sowerby the other week I asked you about it you said ' I don't remember what I say onlline'

But anyway for the record yeah I do think you and others on here are getting what's been coming to you for a long time now, reading up on the board sounds like your all mostly resigned to it anyway but I will continue to remind you tvos for your past online activity untill you fall out the arse of the national league which is looking quite soon.

'this famous old club'
[Post edited 21 Dec 2022 22:33]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024