Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tomorrow can't come quick enough 14:17 - Oct 16 with 1998429 viewsbatman

Not for us, but for Bury.
i was credit checking a potential customer and decided to nosey onto
BFC's file and was (or maybe not) supprised to see a new CCJ for circa £22k lodged
only Wednesday this week.
looks like they are in need of a bumper crowd tomorrow to settle some bills
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:51 - Mar 22 with 5986 viewsDomDale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:04 - Mar 21 by antmarina

http://www.companieslist.co.uk/00053268-bury-football-club-company-limited-the

Having kept up to date with the Bury soap opera via this fantastic thread. I've just read the attached link and I'm not sure how up to date this page is but it does clearly states "Yes" next to the in Liquidation statement.

Wonder if this means anything?

Mmm not used that site before but the official companies house record has no note of liquidation. Besides if Bury (or any club) were to enter insolvency proceedings this would be posted in The Gazette and you'd think (hope) the football league has keen monitoring of such situations and breaches of their membership rules.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:01 - Mar 22 with 5956 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:51 - Mar 22 by DomDale

Mmm not used that site before but the official companies house record has no note of liquidation. Besides if Bury (or any club) were to enter insolvency proceedings this would be posted in The Gazette and you'd think (hope) the football league has keen monitoring of such situations and breaches of their membership rules.

There's a disclaimer on that site.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:10 - Mar 22 with 5944 viewsbatman

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:51 - Mar 22 by DomDale

It probably refers to when they went into Admin a few years ago.
it appears a very basic site, so it doesn't surprise me people misinterpret the info
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:15 - Mar 22 with 5928 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:10 - Mar 22 by batman

It probably refers to when they went into Admin a few years ago.
it appears a very basic site, so it doesn't surprise me people misinterpret the info

Does it also mention their recent FA Cup final wins?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:59 - Mar 22 with 5758 viewsR11BFC

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 07:36 - Mar 22 by aleanddale

Well I would be gathering as many voices as I could and be sat VERY close to the directors box on a match day...

He would definitely know during the game what I thought of him. If twenty or thirty did the same at least it would get the message across.

I guess the question is what would you prefer?. What you currently have and league 1 football with all the baggage.

Or open transparent communication from your board of directors, a healthy balance sheet and league 2 or even conference football?.

I'm prob a bit too old for lairy protests! But i take your point and surprised it hasnt happened tbh, although i sit in the opposite stand, so maybe it has to one degree or another?

I am proud to say i declined a kind invite from the previous FB Board rep to sit in the Directors seats - a silent protest if you like! There again, i did eat a pie at Southend!!! If by any chance they havent been paid...i'd send them a fiver though.

With regard to your preference question:

The second answer...without even having to think.

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:20 - Mar 22 with 5695 viewsaleanddale

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 11:59 - Mar 22 by R11BFC

I'm prob a bit too old for lairy protests! But i take your point and surprised it hasnt happened tbh, although i sit in the opposite stand, so maybe it has to one degree or another?

I am proud to say i declined a kind invite from the previous FB Board rep to sit in the Directors seats - a silent protest if you like! There again, i did eat a pie at Southend!!! If by any chance they havent been paid...i'd send them a fiver though.

Well that's refreshing R11 and more of your fans should ask themselves the same question.

Maybe you can ask them the same question on Beardyboard.

Seriously 30 like minded fans sat close to the directors box on a match day giving Day Grief is probably what it would take to burst the delusional bubble.

good luck - you seriously need shot of him IMHO.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:12 - Mar 23 with 5453 viewsdingdangblue

A new plan of action: From their message board.

Hi

I am a lifelong Bury supporter who has in recent weeks become more and more concerned with the goings on off the field at my football club. Stewart Day who is of course a regular guest on your show, may appear all suave and professional since taking over at Bury but since that happened and particularly in the last 12 months us Bury fans have been treated with little more than scorn by the Bury board. They promised us a great working relationship when they took over, this has not happened, they promised us regular fans forums when they took over, these have not happened, they promised us that the club would be ran well and professionally well which part of professional includes owing fellow clubs money or regular appearances in court? Fans regularly email the club offering advice, asking questions, asking to assist the club, asking to support the club financially. Every time these questions are ignored. There are numerous other things that I could list.

The reason I am telling you all of this is because I think it would be a great idea to allow us Bury fans to engage with our chairman live on air. Whether this is by emailed questions, taking a phone in or having some guests on with Stewart. If he has nothing to hide he will be able to answer our questions and provide proof that the club is not being ran into the ground.
As a sports show I hope that you understand the dilemma of us football supporters and hope that you can help us get the answers we want.
None of the malice in my email is directed at you, it comes from sheer frustration at the plight our football club could well be in yet again.

Yours

Barry

I'm not sure Day has even been back on since they questioned him about HMRC winding up order/administrative error.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2016 9:14]

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:19 - Mar 23 with 5394 viewsR11BFC

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:12 - Mar 23 by dingdangblue

A new plan of action: From their message board.

Hi

I am a lifelong Bury supporter who has in recent weeks become more and more concerned with the goings on off the field at my football club. Stewart Day who is of course a regular guest on your show, may appear all suave and professional since taking over at Bury but since that happened and particularly in the last 12 months us Bury fans have been treated with little more than scorn by the Bury board. They promised us a great working relationship when they took over, this has not happened, they promised us regular fans forums when they took over, these have not happened, they promised us that the club would be ran well and professionally well which part of professional includes owing fellow clubs money or regular appearances in court? Fans regularly email the club offering advice, asking questions, asking to assist the club, asking to support the club financially. Every time these questions are ignored. There are numerous other things that I could list.

The reason I am telling you all of this is because I think it would be a great idea to allow us Bury fans to engage with our chairman live on air. Whether this is by emailed questions, taking a phone in or having some guests on with Stewart. If he has nothing to hide he will be able to answer our questions and provide proof that the club is not being ran into the ground.
As a sports show I hope that you understand the dilemma of us football supporters and hope that you can help us get the answers we want.
None of the malice in my email is directed at you, it comes from sheer frustration at the plight our football club could well be in yet again.

Yours

Barry

I'm not sure Day has even been back on since they questioned him about HMRC winding up order/administrative error.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2016 9:14]

I feel like i'm talking to you twice! But it's a good point you raise re has Day been back on (and i dont know the answer)...but here's my email to Talk Sport a couple of days after the particular interview you mention:

Great to hear Andy/Jason challenge Mr Day re the Winding Up Petition against Bury FC by HMRC...albeit the challenge relatively petered out.

They/your radio company may also like to know there was another Winding Up Petition late last year by HMRC, albeit it was paid off before being formally published in the Gazette.

In addition, there have been 15 County Court Judgements against the football club, totalling circa £265K over the last 18 months or so. 11 of which have been over the last 9 months totalling circa £218K

Would they like to challenge him on those as well?

Thanks.

Andy

P.S. Re Mr Day's assertion that Barnsley had sold 2800 tickets - they had sold 1336. Phone Barnsley FC if you don't believe me.

For God loved the world so much, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him, may not die, but have eternal life. John 3:16

Login to get fewer ads

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:21 - Mar 23 with 5384 viewsdingdangblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:19 - Mar 23 by R11BFC

I feel like i'm talking to you twice! But it's a good point you raise re has Day been back on (and i dont know the answer)...but here's my email to Talk Sport a couple of days after the particular interview you mention:

Great to hear Andy/Jason challenge Mr Day re the Winding Up Petition against Bury FC by HMRC...albeit the challenge relatively petered out.

They/your radio company may also like to know there was another Winding Up Petition late last year by HMRC, albeit it was paid off before being formally published in the Gazette.

In addition, there have been 15 County Court Judgements against the football club, totalling circa £265K over the last 18 months or so. 11 of which have been over the last 9 months totalling circa £218K

Thanks.

Andy

P.S. Re Mr Day's assertion that Barnsley had sold 2800 tickets - they had sold 1336. Phone Barnsley FC if you don't believe me.

No I pointed that out straight away on here.
He certainly talks the talk - like most conmen.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 12:18 - Mar 23 with 5277 viewsaleanddale

There is a fast growing realisation that Mr Day is not all that he is cracked up to be.

Talks the talk... Then goes quiet when the real questions are asked.

Comes across as a right arrogant fooker too.

Him and that Glen Thomas are a good fit.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:10 - Mar 23 with 5078 viewsnordenblue

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 10:19 - Mar 23 by R11BFC

Thanks.

Andy

Credit to you,you've stood your corner well on your forum and it does finally appear the penny is eventually dropping with many others on there,not the usual "enjoy the ride" dreamers.

A rich investors doesn't/wouldn't need to borrow money at horrendous interest rates,it's blatantly obvious hes a chancer and nowhere near as afluent as he'd like to make everyone believe.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:14 - Mar 23 with 5068 viewsmoth5368

And now, against all my principles, I actually feel sympathy for a bury fan. Thanks a lot R11BFC.....
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:14 - Mar 23 with 5065 viewspioneer

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:10 - Mar 23 by nordenblue

Credit to you,you've stood your corner well on your forum and it does finally appear the penny is eventually dropping with many others on there,not the usual "enjoy the ride" dreamers.

A rich investors doesn't/wouldn't need to borrow money at horrendous interest rates,it's blatantly obvious hes a chancer and nowhere near as afluent as he'd like to make everyone believe.

Bit like Tommy Cannon then. Wasn't it under his 'leadership' that we had to sell the ground in the first place? And look how long it has taken us to get it back.
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:27 - Mar 23 with 5046 viewsBartRowou

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:14 - Mar 23 by pioneer

Bit like Tommy Cannon then. Wasn't it under his 'leadership' that we had to sell the ground in the first place? And look how long it has taken us to get it back.

Cannon tried to put a charge on the ground in the winter of 1987 but was thwarted by fans at an AGM (some of these Bury fans could do with having a look at the Observer write-up of what happened; it could inspire them to do similar). There was some legalese quoted by someone that night that stopped him getting away with it.

Hornets moved in the season after and we used the money they'd made from selling to Morrisons to build the Main Stand. We were stuck with them after that until last week when the natural order was resumed.

We can't blame Cannon for Hornets.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:08 - Mar 23 with 5001 viewspioneer

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:27 - Mar 23 by BartRowou

Cannon tried to put a charge on the ground in the winter of 1987 but was thwarted by fans at an AGM (some of these Bury fans could do with having a look at the Observer write-up of what happened; it could inspire them to do similar). There was some legalese quoted by someone that night that stopped him getting away with it.

Hornets moved in the season after and we used the money they'd made from selling to Morrisons to build the Main Stand. We were stuck with them after that until last week when the natural order was resumed.

We can't blame Cannon for Hornets.

Thanks for the clarification. So who was in charge when we sold, or lost ownership, of the ground or were bailed out by Hornets Morrisons money and the Council?
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:50 - Mar 23 with 4952 viewsR11BFC

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:10 - Mar 23 by nordenblue

Cheers mate.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:51 - Mar 23 with 4947 viewsR11BFC

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 20:14 - Mar 23 by moth5368

And now, against all my principles, I actually feel sympathy for a bury fan. Thanks a lot R11BFC.....

You see...good always comes out of bad.

Well at least for me!!!

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:00 - Mar 23 with 4927 viewsBartRowou

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 21:08 - Mar 23 by pioneer

Thanks for the clarification. So who was in charge when we sold, or lost ownership, of the ground or were bailed out by Hornets Morrisons money and the Council?

I'm not 100% sure on that one. I think Messrs Dunphy and Kilpatrick were on the board by then but I remember Jim Marsh being the figure-head for a time.

Re your previous post. I found the article below which I wrote for the VOS a few years ago. It gives a bit more info about the Cannon fiasco.

Words didn’t come easy for FR David in 1982 but they positively flowed for L Barlow in 1987 when reporting on the financial collapse facing the football club. SOCCER CASH CRASH screamed the headline in the local paper with alliteration and rhyme and everything. You knew it was important because we’d actually made it on the front page of the Ob, relegating CHIP PAN FIRE IN SHAWCLOUGH to page 3.

It was Saturday 21st November and the leaden skies above mirrored the monochromic misery that met Rochdale fans’ eyes as they munched on their Pop Tarts and gazed down on the morning news that the club was £250,000 in debt, lacking in a chairman, “effectively insolvent” and, due to publishing deadlines, bottom of the league.

One particular page goes into all the gory financial details and looks like something out of the Times circa 1888 full as it was of words, words and words. The odd picture punctuates the gloom but these are not images of heroic tackles, breath-taking saves and wonder goals that you’d trace over and stick in your Rochdale folder; these are images of men aged by years of re-election and leaky main stand roofs, every crease and line on their faces carved deep by the worries of running a Fourth Division football club.

Things came to a head at an EGM held at Spotland on Wednesday 18th November and for anyone who has taken an interest in Bury’s recent revolution, it makes intriguing reading.

Taking their lead from Dale fan and solicitor Peter Riley, supporters wanted a clause put in the articles of association to prevent the Rochdale board selling, transferring, charging or otherwise disposing of the ground without the approval of shareholders. The key word in all this is “charge” as Mr Riley explained: “Someone who holds a charge does it to advance money and expects to be repaid with interest. If they are not repaid they could take possession of the ground and enforce its sale to get their money.”

The directors under chairman/comedian/double-glazing advocate Tommy Cannon wanted the word “charge” removed so the ground could be put up as security on a bank loan to pay off PAYE debts but the supporters at the EGM saw through this funny business and didn’t back down, fearing that this could eventually lead to the sale of Spotland and either a nomadic existence for the football club or no existence at all.

All but two of the board took their ball in at this vote of no confidence and resigned, leading to an emergency committee being set up by future chairman David Kilpatrick who many years later would regenerate into Chris Dunphy (also part of the committee). “If we leave it as it stands with only two directors, there is no future for the club whatsoever. A bridge must be formed,” was Mr Kilpatrick’s rallying cry.

“It’s always darkest before the dawn” (Fuller). “We shall never surrender” (Churchill). “It’s a funny old game” (Greaves). How to put into words the shock and astonishment felt by Rochdale fans two days later that after all we’d been through that week, we went and won a game? For Eddie Gray’s beleaguered troops, with one victory in 18 matches, trudged down to Cambridge United on the Friday night following the EGM and returned with three points, beating the hosts 2-1.

Some strange things happened that night: we won with first choice centre-halves Bramhall and Smart on the bench; the much-maligned Peter Hampton scored a 30 yard screamer and Cambridge manager Chris Turner reckoned that the Dale players “looked like scoring every time they attacked in the second half.”

If you weren’t at the game in those days, you’d struggle to know what was going on: football-related technology was pretty limited. Usually you’d rely on Teletext with all its chunky charm, waiting for page 1/5 to come round again as page 2/5 was invariably the one you started on. Unfortunately the big telly in our house was otherwise in use that night, presumably for some sub-standard ITV comedy starring Nicholas Lyndhurst. Texting hadn’t been invented (mobile phones were the size of a small chair) and any computer-related activity for me centred on trying to get the Acorn Electron to work and the crushing disappointment when it did. No Twitter goal alerts for us in 1987.

Salvation was at hand in the form of the ever loyal Radio Manchester whose Chinese Community programme filled its cultural brief while popping down to Cambridge every fifteen minutes to update Dale fans on our unlikely victory. I learned a lot that night about redevelopments for Chinatown and links between Manchester and Hong Kong but perhaps the greatest lesson of all was that despite being dealt an almost fatal blow during the week, Rochdale AFC was very much still alive.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:11 - Mar 23 with 4894 viewsrobbowood

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:00 - Mar 23 by BartRowou

I'm not 100% sure on that one. I think Messrs Dunphy and Kilpatrick were on the board by then but I remember Jim Marsh being the figure-head for a time.

Re your previous post. I found the article below which I wrote for the VOS a few years ago. It gives a bit more info about the Cannon fiasco.

Words didn’t come easy for FR David in 1982 but they positively flowed for L Barlow in 1987 when reporting on the financial collapse facing the football club. SOCCER CASH CRASH screamed the headline in the local paper with alliteration and rhyme and everything. You knew it was important because we’d actually made it on the front page of the Ob, relegating CHIP PAN FIRE IN SHAWCLOUGH to page 3.

It was Saturday 21st November and the leaden skies above mirrored the monochromic misery that met Rochdale fans’ eyes as they munched on their Pop Tarts and gazed down on the morning news that the club was £250,000 in debt, lacking in a chairman, “effectively insolvent” and, due to publishing deadlines, bottom of the league.

One particular page goes into all the gory financial details and looks like something out of the Times circa 1888 full as it was of words, words and words. The odd picture punctuates the gloom but these are not images of heroic tackles, breath-taking saves and wonder goals that you’d trace over and stick in your Rochdale folder; these are images of men aged by years of re-election and leaky main stand roofs, every crease and line on their faces carved deep by the worries of running a Fourth Division football club.

Things came to a head at an EGM held at Spotland on Wednesday 18th November and for anyone who has taken an interest in Bury’s recent revolution, it makes intriguing reading.

Taking their lead from Dale fan and solicitor Peter Riley, supporters wanted a clause put in the articles of association to prevent the Rochdale board selling, transferring, charging or otherwise disposing of the ground without the approval of shareholders. The key word in all this is “charge” as Mr Riley explained: “Someone who holds a charge does it to advance money and expects to be repaid with interest. If they are not repaid they could take possession of the ground and enforce its sale to get their money.”

The directors under chairman/comedian/double-glazing advocate Tommy Cannon wanted the word “charge” removed so the ground could be put up as security on a bank loan to pay off PAYE debts but the supporters at the EGM saw through this funny business and didn’t back down, fearing that this could eventually lead to the sale of Spotland and either a nomadic existence for the football club or no existence at all.

All but two of the board took their ball in at this vote of no confidence and resigned, leading to an emergency committee being set up by future chairman David Kilpatrick who many years later would regenerate into Chris Dunphy (also part of the committee). “If we leave it as it stands with only two directors, there is no future for the club whatsoever. A bridge must be formed,” was Mr Kilpatrick’s rallying cry.

“It’s always darkest before the dawn” (Fuller). “We shall never surrender” (Churchill). “It’s a funny old game” (Greaves). How to put into words the shock and astonishment felt by Rochdale fans two days later that after all we’d been through that week, we went and won a game? For Eddie Gray’s beleaguered troops, with one victory in 18 matches, trudged down to Cambridge United on the Friday night following the EGM and returned with three points, beating the hosts 2-1.

Some strange things happened that night: we won with first choice centre-halves Bramhall and Smart on the bench; the much-maligned Peter Hampton scored a 30 yard screamer and Cambridge manager Chris Turner reckoned that the Dale players “looked like scoring every time they attacked in the second half.”

If you weren’t at the game in those days, you’d struggle to know what was going on: football-related technology was pretty limited. Usually you’d rely on Teletext with all its chunky charm, waiting for page 1/5 to come round again as page 2/5 was invariably the one you started on. Unfortunately the big telly in our house was otherwise in use that night, presumably for some sub-standard ITV comedy starring Nicholas Lyndhurst. Texting hadn’t been invented (mobile phones were the size of a small chair) and any computer-related activity for me centred on trying to get the Acorn Electron to work and the crushing disappointment when it did. No Twitter goal alerts for us in 1987.

Salvation was at hand in the form of the ever loyal Radio Manchester whose Chinese Community programme filled its cultural brief while popping down to Cambridge every fifteen minutes to update Dale fans on our unlikely victory. I learned a lot that night about redevelopments for Chinatown and links between Manchester and Hong Kong but perhaps the greatest lesson of all was that despite being dealt an almost fatal blow during the week, Rochdale AFC was very much still alive.

Brilliant!!!!!!!
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:31 - Mar 23 with 4861 viewsdale_spotland

Fantastic, thanks for posting that!

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:44 - Mar 23 with 4827 viewsTVOS1907

You don't get a repeat publication fee, you know.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2016 23:30]

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 23:23 - Mar 23 with 4756 viewsbatman

tomorrow can't come quick enough on 22:44 - Mar 23 by TVOS1907

You don't get a repeat publication fee, you know.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2016 23:30]

Anecdotally I was informed John Faulkes was Chairman and it was he that brought
Dave Kilpatrick to the table to help save the club.
As I say, this was relayed to me so not 100% sure to its accuracy
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:13 - Mar 24 with 4585 viewsaleanddale

Beardyman just turned in his grave! RIP hairy one.

His namesake board finally waking up!!! My god it's taken some time!!

Classic though from young Ryan ( day has padlocked his blinkers!! )

Shaker Ryan posted - it's posters like you who might make Mr Day leave and we would have no club at all.

My god will some shaker go and put their arm around him FFS!!!

Nothing surer there will be no club if he fookin stays!!!
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 08:17 - Mar 24 with 4574 viewsaleanddale

Oh the post from Mr Sitter ( FB spokesperson ) last night is comedy gold!!

To quote R11 - He is "shocked and stunned" by its content.

Talk about alienating yourself and FB. TBF he gets shot down in flames by plenty on there.

Decending into chaos if they don't challenge the milky bar kid after all this hoo ha then they never will.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2016 9:01]
tomorrow can't come quick enough on 09:52 - Mar 24 with 4494 viewsD_BFC

The Beardy Board is a prime example of how if Bury FC go to the wall then that's it. There'll be no AFC Bury style phoenix club. The oversized egos (on both sides), infighting and arrogance will see to that. I just honestly can't see the fanbase being able to pull together if and when the proverbial hits, especially under Forever Bury's "guidance".

The whole messy affair is slowly killing the club from all angles.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024