Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Former England internationals at Spotland 16:27 - Oct 20 with 10555 viewsColDale

Obviously with Joe Cole coming tonight, was trying to think of others who in the latter years of their career had ended up playing at Spotland but couldn't think of many.

All I could muster was Frank Worthington and Alvin Martin.

Any others?
Former England internationals at Spotland on 18:54 - Oct 20 with 2386 viewsdingdangblue

Mick Harford

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Former England internationals at Spotland on 19:07 - Oct 20 with 2365 viewsDevonDale

Joe Hart - that 4-3 game always makes me smile.
Former England internationals at Spotland on 19:14 - Oct 20 with 2348 viewselectricblue

Gary Neville.
Paul Scholes.
David Beckam.
Unsure about Phil Neville.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Former England internationals at Spotland on 22:29 - Oct 20 with 2212 viewsBigKindo

Former England internationals at Spotland on 16:40 - Oct 20 by SuddenLad

Never played for full England team or I would have listed him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Burgin
[Post edited 20 Oct 2015 16:41]

The title doesn't state Full Internationals
Former England internationals at Spotland on 22:36 - Oct 20 with 2199 viewsBigKindo

In a pre-season friendly against Everton circa 1970 Alan Ball and Brian Labone played. Phil Neville played in the pre-season friendly against Everton. Inthe first leg of the League Cup semi final England captain Ronnie Clayton and winger Bryan Douglas played. Le Tissier and Shearer played for Southampton in a league cup match.
Former England internationals at Spotland on 22:40 - Oct 20 with 2178 viewsD_Alien

Former England internationals at Spotland on 22:36 - Oct 20 by BigKindo

In a pre-season friendly against Everton circa 1970 Alan Ball and Brian Labone played. Phil Neville played in the pre-season friendly against Everton. Inthe first leg of the League Cup semi final England captain Ronnie Clayton and winger Bryan Douglas played. Le Tissier and Shearer played for Southampton in a league cup match.

Yes, obviously, but the point of this thread isn't to name every player who's pulled on an England shirt and set foot on the Spotland turf, but to name those who've played here whilst coming towards the end of their careers.

More than half the responses are irrelevant.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Former England internationals at Spotland on 23:02 - Oct 20 with 2110 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Former England internationals at Spotland on 22:40 - Oct 20 by D_Alien

Yes, obviously, but the point of this thread isn't to name every player who's pulled on an England shirt and set foot on the Spotland turf, but to name those who've played here whilst coming towards the end of their careers.

At last.
Former England internationals at Spotland on 09:27 - Oct 21 with 2014 viewsBigKindo

Former England internationals at Spotland on 22:40 - Oct 20 by D_Alien

I think you will find that with the exception of Le Tissier and Shearer all the rest were already full England Internationals which I think is relevant.
Login to get fewer ads

Former England internationals at Spotland on 09:36 - Oct 21 with 2003 viewsYadHoDale

Did Garry Birtles get a cap? Certainly played at Spotland for Grimsby later in his career
Former England internationals at Spotland on 09:40 - Oct 21 with 1994 viewsdingdangblue

He didn't play at Spotland (I dont think) - but he cleared snow off the pitch when Coleman was here - Franny Jeffers.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Former England internationals at Spotland on 10:53 - Oct 21 with 1949 viewsBigKindo

Former England internationals at Spotland on 09:36 - Oct 21 by YadHoDale

Did Garry Birtles get a cap? Certainly played at Spotland for Grimsby later in his career

He got three caps in 1980.
Former England internationals at Spotland on 11:00 - Oct 21 with 1935 viewsBigKindo

Mike Doyle, who played for Dale in the early 1980's, had 5 full caps.
Former England internationals at Spotland on 11:41 - Oct 21 with 1904 viewsMeanwood

Sven-Göran Eriksson will have England international caps, Notts County
Former England internationals at Spotland on 11:52 - Oct 21 with 1896 viewsDale1940

Jack Haines played for Rochdale in the 50s
Former England internationals at Spotland on 12:13 - Oct 21 with 1874 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Paul Cooper was Stallone's body double in Escape to Victory - true.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Former England internationals at Spotland on 12:19 - Oct 21 with 1739 views442Dale

Former England internationals at Spotland on 12:13 - Oct 21 by BigDaveMyCock

Paul Cooper was Stallone's body double in Escape to Victory - true.

Got to admire Stallone opting for a blue keeper's shirt. Tremendous.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Former England internationals at Spotland on 12:21 - Oct 21 with 1736 viewsrod_leach

Former England internationals at Spotland on 12:19 - Oct 21 by 442Dale

Got to admire Stallone opting for a blue keeper's shirt. Tremendous.

Not England but Jan Molby for Swansea.
Former England internationals at Spotland on 13:23 - Oct 21 with 1687 viewsfollon

I am not sure, but I seem to Remember Martin Peters playing for Norwich around 1976, FA Cup game?
Former England internationals at Spotland on 13:31 - Oct 21 with 1675 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Probably going to require TVOS here. Did Peter Davenport show up at Spotland when at Mac or County? Kevin Davies for Preston last season? Crouch for Stoke last season?

Former England internationals at Spotland on 13:46 - Oct 21 with 1655 viewsMeanwood

Former England internationals at Spotland on 12:21 - Oct 21 by rod_leach

Not England but Jan Molby for Swansea.

Did he also appear at Spotland with Kidderminster Harriers? seem to remember he scored from a free kick into the sandy?
Former England internationals at Spotland on 13:48 - Oct 21 with 1653 viewsSuddenLad

Former England internationals at Spotland on 13:31 - Oct 21 by BigDaveMyCock

Probably going to require TVOS here. Did Peter Davenport show up at Spotland when at Mac or County? Kevin Davies for Preston last season? Crouch for Stoke last season?

I think Crouch was on the bench for Stoke, in the FA Cup match. Kevin Davies played for Bolton is a pre-season friendly at Spotland, before his England cap.

Can't remember Davenport appearing for anyone at Spotland, but that's not to say he didn't. Just my memory !!

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Former England internationals at Spotland on 13:48 - Oct 21 with 1652 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Paul Ince Wolves League Cup scored a good goal I recall.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2015 14:28]

Former England internationals at Spotland on 13:53 - Oct 21 with 1642 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Former England internationals at Spotland on 13:48 - Oct 21 by SuddenLad

I think Crouch was on the bench for Stoke, in the FA Cup match. Kevin Davies played for Bolton is a pre-season friendly at Spotland, before his England cap.

Can't remember Davenport appearing for anyone at Spotland, but that's not to say he didn't. Just my memory !!

Davies came on as sub when we beat Preston 3-0 last season. I think you're right about Crouch though. How's about Keith Curle when player/manager of Mansfield?

Sorry just seen that Dezzy already called Davies.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2015 14:30]

Former England internationals at Spotland on 14:00 - Oct 21 with 1629 viewsSuddenLad

Former England internationals at Spotland on 13:53 - Oct 21 by BigDaveMyCock

Davies came on as sub when we beat Preston 3-0 last season. I think you're right about Crouch though. How's about Keith Curle when player/manager of Mansfield?

Sorry just seen that Dezzy already called Davies.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2015 14:30]

I recall seeing Crouch in the 'warm-up' but he never got on to play. Davies' was obviously an instantly forgettable performance,

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Former England internationals at Spotland on 14:21 - Oct 21 with 1608 viewsdingdangblue

2 random ones:
Ryan Wilson (Giggs) England Schoolboys and he did his Soccer School TV show from Spotland.
David Bentley (not on the pitch but sat in the Pearl St).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024