Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Former England internationals at Spotland 16:27 - Oct 20 with 10554 viewsColDale

Obviously with Joe Cole coming tonight, was trying to think of others who in the latter years of their career had ended up playing at Spotland but couldn't think of many.

All I could muster was Frank Worthington and Alvin Martin.

Any others?
Former England internationals at Spotland on 14:56 - Oct 21 with 2057 viewsD_Alien

Former England internationals at Spotland on 09:27 - Oct 21 by BigKindo

I think you will find that with the exception of Le Tissier and Shearer all the rest were already full England Internationals which I think is relevant.

Were they on their way down the leagues towards the end of their careers?

This whole thread only came about due to Joe Cole starting for Coventry last night, otherwise it'd just be a mundane "internationals who've played at Spotland" which we've had several times before.

No worries though, people can post what they like.

[Post edited 21 Oct 2015 14:59]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Former England internationals at Spotland on 15:13 - Oct 21 with 2030 viewsDaleiLama

Former England internationals at Spotland on 14:56 - Oct 21 by D_Alien

Were they on their way down the leagues towards the end of their careers?

This whole thread only came about due to Joe Cole starting for Coventry last night, otherwise it'd just be a mundane "internationals who've played at Spotland" which we've had several times before.

No worries though, people can post what they like.

[Post edited 21 Oct 2015 14:59]

Chuckle. I had a brief "Lord of the Flies" vision as you tried to direct traffic before you retired gracefully.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Former England internationals at Spotland on 15:36 - Oct 21 with 2006 viewsD_Alien

Former England internationals at Spotland on 15:13 - Oct 21 by DaleiLama

Chuckle. I had a brief "Lord of the Flies" vision as you tried to direct traffic before you retired gracefully.

Absolutely no intention of retiring gracefully

And always preferred "The Spire" but that's because I'm not into young rascals

Former England internationals at Spotland on 17:08 - Oct 21 with 1938 viewsdavidab2202

George Eastham Snr seemingly played a couple of games for us in 48/49 season,but no doubt someone(a clever sh*t) will probably come on to tell me both games were away games !!!!
Former England internationals at Spotland on 17:10 - Oct 21 with 1936 viewspioneer

Johnny Haynes, in one of his last games for Fulham April/May 1970 after the game had been postponed earlier in the season.
Former England internationals at Spotland on 17:21 - Oct 21 with 1927 viewsD_Alien

Former England internationals at Spotland on 17:10 - Oct 21 by pioneer

Johnny Haynes, in one of his last games for Fulham April/May 1970 after the game had been postponed earlier in the season.

Mentioned Johnny in post no.2 on the thread. Saw him score one of the best goals ever seen at Spotland, which was expunged from the records in the abandoned game you refer to

Former England internationals at Spotland on 18:31 - Oct 21 with 1882 viewsHealeyDale

I remember Martin Peters playing for Norwich City against us in the 70's. Not just ex-England but a World Cup winner
Former England internationals at Spotland on 18:38 - Oct 21 with 1871 views1907

David Dunn
Login to get fewer ads

Former England internationals at Spotland on 19:32 - Oct 21 with 1827 viewsmingthemerciless

Former England internationals at Spotland on 17:21 - Oct 21 by D_Alien

Mentioned Johnny in post no.2 on the thread. Saw him score one of the best goals ever seen at Spotland, which was expunged from the records in the abandoned game you refer to

Yeah I remember that one as well. Cracking shot into the Church Inn end goal. The thing I remember most about that game is a group of Fulham fans stood in front of me in the Sandy lLane end just chatting amongst themselves , some with their backs to the play, and paying no attention to the game. No segregation then. They had to ask me who had scored when Haynes fired in the piledriver !
Former England internationals at Spotland on 22:42 - Oct 21 with 1749 viewsD_Alien

Former England internationals at Spotland on 19:32 - Oct 21 by mingthemerciless

Yeah I remember that one as well. Cracking shot into the Church Inn end goal. The thing I remember most about that game is a group of Fulham fans stood in front of me in the Sandy lLane end just chatting amongst themselves , some with their backs to the play, and paying no attention to the game. No segregation then. They had to ask me who had scored when Haynes fired in the piledriver !

I was in the Sandy and an old bloke near to me was literally in tears.

"I've seen a Johnny Haynes goal"

I think he died happy.

Former England internationals at Spotland on 11:17 - Oct 22 with 1691 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Roy Bentley (Chelsea & England) when we played them in the FA Cup at Spotland 1951 (2-3 defeat)
Former England internationals at Spotland on 17:18 - Oct 22 with 1615 viewszxcvbnm

Did Tony Cottee play whilst at Barnet?

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Former England internationals at Spotland on 17:25 - Oct 22 with 1610 viewsSuddenLad

Former England internationals at Spotland on 17:18 - Oct 22 by zxcvbnm

Did Tony Cottee play whilst at Barnet?

Stood on the sidelines from what I recall.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Former England internationals at Spotland on 17:33 - Oct 22 with 1609 viewszxcvbnm

Dave Beasant is the other one who came to mind

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Former England internationals at Spotland on 21:11 - Oct 22 with 1553 viewsYadHoDale

Mike Summerbee?

Played 80 odd games for Stockport in the late 70's in D4 - a reasonable chamce that one was at Spotland??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024