Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Game off 11:22 - Dec 26 with 9933 viewsNR_Dale

According to Twitter feed, waterlogged pitch
Game off on 11:53 - Dec 26 with 7583 viewsThe_DJ

Not as waterlogged as the Town Centre.
Roche flowing into businesses.

Glad the club let us know early as travelling would have been a nightmare.

Thanks Leighanne.
Game off on 11:57 - Dec 26 with 7569 viewsjustanillusion

Power cut affecting Spotland, Bamford,Norden.....presume football ground affected
Game off on 12:15 - Dec 26 with 7508 viewsroccydaleian

Game off on 11:57 - Dec 26 by justanillusion

Power cut affecting Spotland, Bamford,Norden.....presume football ground affected

Yep.
Game off on 12:25 - Dec 26 with 7433 viewsroccydaleian

Fookin hell..
Game off on 12:31 - Dec 26 with 7401 viewsTalkingSutty

Game off on 12:25 - Dec 26 by roccydaleian

Fookin hell..

Littleboroughs a disaster area at the moment with no way in or out and hundreds evacuated out of their homes. Got a couple of spare bedrooms free and am unaffected by the floods due to being a bit higher up. if anybody needs some help or knows of anybody,let me know ( Not on Facebook so can't offer help there).
Game off on 12:33 - Dec 26 with 7381 viewsD_Alien

Game off on 12:25 - Dec 26 by roccydaleian

Fookin hell..

First time in living memory.

Anyone got any spare wood for an ark?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Game off on 12:44 - Dec 26 with 7310 viewsfirgrovedale51

Game off on 12:33 - Dec 26 by D_Alien

First time in living memory.

Anyone got any spare wood for an ark?

One guy was worried about his fish he had lots of Koi carp so he decided to save them not just ornamental carp but all types so he built a boat in the bottom he put the Kois on level2 he put common carpon level 3 he put mirror carp and on the top level he put crucian carp.
It was a multi storey carp ark
Game off on 13:47 - Dec 26 with 7073 viewsroccydaleian

Login to get fewer ads

Game off on 14:19 - Dec 26 with 6926 viewsD_Alien

Wonder if the re-opening of the Roch in the town centre means this is more likely to happen? Sure, there's been enough rain to cause problems in any circumstances but I wouldn't say any more rain than I've seen several times over the decades; but it's the first time I can remember the centre of town under water. The nearest we've come in my memory is the Rochdale College car park flooding in 1974 or early 75. I was a student there and looked out over it from several floors up.

Game off on 14:29 - Dec 26 with 6866 views442Dale

The power is gradually coming back on, this in the last ten mins:
http://www.enwl.co.uk/news-and-press/latest-news/2015/12/26/26-12-15-power-resto

26/12/15: Power restored to 17,500 in Rochdale (14:20 update)

Electricity North West has restored power to 17,500 properties in Rochdale following severe flooding at the area's main substation.

Engineers are working to restore power to the remaining 2,500 properties that remain off supply.

30,000 properties are usually supplied with electricity from the main substation in Rochdale. Engineers from Electricity North West shifted 10,000 properties from the substation an hour before the flooding hit to secure supplies.

The remaining 20,000 properties were affected by a power cut at 10am, engineers restored power to 10,000 by 12.15pm and another 7,500 by 2pm.

Engineers from Electricity North West remain on site and are working in difficult conditions to repair damage caused by heavy rain and subsequent floods across Greater Manchester and Lancashire.

In response to the Met Office weather warning for heavy rain the power operator has been closely monitoring the weather and put in place more than 22,000 sandbags to help protect key substations.

Mark Williamson, operations director for Electricity North West, said: “Our engineers have restored power to the majority of people in Rochdale, mainly by switching them to other supplies, but there is still significant flooding of our equipment which will take some time to fully repair.

"We're still on site and working hard in extremely difficult conditions, where access is also a problem, but we will continue to restore supplies to as many people as we can as quickly as possible.

“We are monitoring all substations affected by flood warnings and have drafted in extra engineers to take all the preventative measures we can."

Flood defences at Rochdale substation were upgraded in 2010 as part of a £468k scheme to protect power supplies against a '1-in-200-year' flood.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Game off on 15:06 - Dec 26 with 6700 viewsmingthemerciless

Game off on 14:19 - Dec 26 by D_Alien

Wonder if the re-opening of the Roch in the town centre means this is more likely to happen? Sure, there's been enough rain to cause problems in any circumstances but I wouldn't say any more rain than I've seen several times over the decades; but it's the first time I can remember the centre of town under water. The nearest we've come in my memory is the Rochdale College car park flooding in 1974 or early 75. I was a student there and looked out over it from several floors up.

I'm sorry but I can't agree. This rainfall is unprecedented in the length of time it's been going on for.
Game off on 15:58 - Dec 26 with 6545 viewsD_Alien

Game off on 15:06 - Dec 26 by mingthemerciless

I'm sorry but I can't agree. This rainfall is unprecedented in the length of time it's been going on for.

Can't agree? For goodness sake man, I simply posed a question.

I've been down to have a look for myself. Chatting to a few others, the verdict was the opening of the Roch might've alleviated even worse damage elsewhere. The water's flowing from well before the opening up and it's at the level of the top of the bridge near the College.

[Post edited 26 Dec 2015 16:01]

Game off on 16:30 - Dec 26 with 6417 viewsscooby

Still no power in Norden. Greenbooth was a fantastic drive up this afternoon and the Res was very high!!
Game off on 19:13 - Dec 26 with 6106 viewsHopwoodblue

According to the latest info we won't be back until about half nine tonight.
I live on Swallow drive in Bamford been off since 10 this morning.
Now playing charades by candle light !

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Game off on 19:46 - Dec 26 with 6016 viewsDalenet

Spotland, Greave, Cutgate all still in darkness so regardless of the pitch the game would never have been on.

Going to love emptying the fridge and freezer tomorrow :(
Game off on 19:47 - Dec 26 with 6015 viewsjustanillusion

Thanks for update Hopwood, like you been without leccy since 10, been told back on @7:30 but that's past and united utilities haven't updated website! Got candles burning, Yankee candles wife informs me , whole house whiffs of sweet smelly scents Strewth!
Game off on 20:01 - Dec 26 with 5983 viewsjustanillusion

For all who are still affected by power cut (Spotland,cutgate, norden etc)i have rang the website for update an automated voice is informing people power will not be re instated until 6 pm tomorrow!
Game off on 20:02 - Dec 26 with 5982 viewsTalkingSutty

Game off on 19:47 - Dec 26 by justanillusion

Thanks for update Hopwood, like you been without leccy since 10, been told back on @7:30 but that's past and united utilities haven't updated website! Got candles burning, Yankee candles wife informs me , whole house whiffs of sweet smelly scents Strewth!

Must have similar wives. Yankee candles all over the bloody house, it's like walking into a Church. The house smells nice but nobody ever visits anyway.

What's the point in having electricity if you get bollocked for turning the lights on
[Post edited 26 Dec 2015 20:08]
Game off on 21:06 - Dec 26 with 5853 viewsTVOS1907

Game off on 20:02 - Dec 26 by TalkingSutty

Must have similar wives. Yankee candles all over the bloody house, it's like walking into a Church. The house smells nice but nobody ever visits anyway.

What's the point in having electricity if you get bollocked for turning the lights on
[Post edited 26 Dec 2015 20:08]

Go to the Red Lion.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Game off on 21:36 - Dec 26 with 5793 viewsTalkingSutty

Game off on 21:06 - Dec 26 by TVOS1907

Go to the Red Lion.

Spoken like a true bachelor
Game off on 21:46 - Dec 26 with 5762 viewsGlenn

Game off on 20:01 - Dec 26 by justanillusion

For all who are still affected by power cut (Spotland,cutgate, norden etc)i have rang the website for update an automated voice is informing people power will not be re instated until 6 pm tomorrow!

Just put my postcode in on their website, and it says power will be back on at 12:00 on Monday! Checked my mate's postcode in Norden and it said the same. Not looking good.
Game off on 21:49 - Dec 26 with 5746 viewsmingthemerciless

My wife is addicted to lighting fancy candles all around the house. That's in spite of the the hot wax spills all over the lounge and the burn rings in the woodwork, furniture etc.

What goes on in their heads ?
Game off on 22:03 - Dec 26 with 5706 viewsTVOS1907

Game off on 21:36 - Dec 26 by TalkingSutty

Spoken like a true bachelor

I'm still playing happy families 😃

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Game off on 06:12 - Dec 27 with 5465 viewsTalkingSutty

Game off on 22:03 - Dec 26 by TVOS1907

I'm still playing happy families 😃

Better than being single. It can get a bit monotonous and it's long hours but much more preferable to growing old on your own i think. I landed on my feet this time around.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2015 6:31]
Game off on 12:07 - Dec 27 with 5245 viewsmingthemerciless

Game off on 15:58 - Dec 26 by D_Alien

Can't agree? For goodness sake man, I simply posed a question.

I've been down to have a look for myself. Chatting to a few others, the verdict was the opening of the Roch might've alleviated even worse damage elsewhere. The water's flowing from well before the opening up and it's at the level of the top of the bridge near the College.

[Post edited 26 Dec 2015 16:01]

When a 200 year old pub gets washed away that should tell you something.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024