Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
very worried 23:19 - Jan 12 with 8296 viewsdoubled

Is this the poorest qpr side ever please debate
very worried on 13:10 - Jan 13 with 1467 viewsDorse

very worried on 12:57 - Jan 13 by paulparker

Bar the odd Season with Warnock and the Olly days we have been woeful since we got relegated in 96, how many bad away days have we had, how many last minute goals have we let in, how many cup exits have we had, bad signings , poor managerial appointments , its been a continuous mess the last 20 years and mostly it originates with the owners we have and the decisions they make
TF thought he could make us a brand in Asia, he thought the training ground and new stadium would be a formality , he thought Appointing Hughes would see us in the top 10 in front of 35k fans, he tried to ride the gravy train of the Prem thinking we would be ok , even when we went down he still threw money and gambled on us getting up,
now the club is in limbo and at a crossroads we have the right manager & DOF
the problem we have is can TF accept us being in the championship for 3 or 4 seasons
the answer is no, he needs the limelight of the Prem , he needs OOC , that's why we are plodding around going from mediocre to bad, the club doesn't know what it wants anymore and that filters through to the fans, did anyone really believe tony when he said we were going to do things different ? I think he needs to sell the club
as its going to take another 4 transfer windows I believe to be where we want to be and I don't think TF has the patience for that

You'd have thought he might have been suspicious when messers Cash, Tango and Paladini all started laughing at once when he signed the deal.

And high-fived each other.
And took photos of him on their phones.
And created hashtag 'Sucker'.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2016 13:14]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

very worried on 13:19 - Jan 13 with 1440 viewsAntti_Heinola

very worried on 12:39 - Jan 13 by TheBlob

When does patience become doomed and silent resignation?We played an extremely poor Blackburn side last night and I see no grounds for rejoicing.
Rotherham who have come into a bit of form will be more of a litmus test.
In terms of morale this present team feels not far short of the Sibley Years - Brian Williams et al.

Who said anything about rejoicing?
I don't think morale seems that bad. Apart from the opening day and the Fulham debacle, no one has beaten us by more than a goal. That's a very, very low bar, I know, but it also shows we're competing. A bit of confidence, a bit of spark can do wonders, although obviously, assuming we don't get sucked in down below, this season is a write off and I'm worried about the rest of the month: Rotherham in form as you say, Wolves in form and then Forest away, which is always a nailed on defeat. Would be nice to find at least one win in there somewhere. Thought we played really well v Brighton and the late goal at Bristol seemed to knock us for 6. Maybe Austin's imminent return might just spur us on a bit.

Bare bones.

very worried on 13:27 - Jan 13 with 1406 viewsTheBlob

Too many promises,too many false dawns.I also seem to remember someone who urged me to gaze benevolently on JET as he was bound to come good.The morale gets constantly beaten down by all this,almost the sporting version of the politicians' "jam yesterday and jam tomorrow but never jam today"

Poll: So how was the season for you?

very worried on 13:50 - Jan 13 with 1370 viewsHayesender

very worried on 13:00 - Jan 13 by YorkRanger

To answer the original post here is the team that lost 5-0 at Wimbledon

Miklosko, Rose, Ready, Wardley, Plummer, Darlington, Peacock, Kulcsar, Perry, Kiwomya, Crouch. Subs: Harper, Baraclough, Morrow, Ngonge, Connolly.

So with one or two exceptions I think we can dismiss the notion that we are currently watching the worst QPR side ever

All bar Crouch, that team has gotta be one of the worst to ever wear our shirt in living memory

Poll: Shamima Beghum

very worried on 14:06 - Jan 13 with 1349 viewsMaggsinho

very worried on 13:00 - Jan 13 by YorkRanger

To answer the original post here is the team that lost 5-0 at Wimbledon

Miklosko, Rose, Ready, Wardley, Plummer, Darlington, Peacock, Kulcsar, Perry, Kiwomya, Crouch. Subs: Harper, Baraclough, Morrow, Ngonge, Connolly.

So with one or two exceptions I think we can dismiss the notion that we are currently watching the worst QPR side ever

What a terrible day that was, Selhurst Park, a 5-0 drubbing and Who Let The Dogs Out played at ear splitting volume every time they scored.

Awful.
very worried on 14:37 - Jan 13 with 1312 viewsAntti_Heinola

very worried on 13:27 - Jan 13 by TheBlob

Too many promises,too many false dawns.I also seem to remember someone who urged me to gaze benevolently on JET as he was bound to come good.The morale gets constantly beaten down by all this,almost the sporting version of the politicians' "jam yesterday and jam tomorrow but never jam today"

i think you just need to lighten up a bit, Blob. We're in the Championship, it's a bit tough. Let's not roll over and start sucking our thumbs in an orgy of sorrow and self pity just yet, eh?

Bare bones.

very worried on 14:38 - Jan 13 with 1310 viewsMonahoop

very worried on 12:39 - Jan 13 by TheBlob

When does patience become doomed and silent resignation?We played an extremely poor Blackburn side last night and I see no grounds for rejoicing.
Rotherham who have come into a bit of form will be more of a litmus test.
In terms of morale this present team feels not far short of the Sibley Years - Brian Williams et al.

Ah yes, the Sibley years. I remember them. Frank was a popular though not spectacular player at the club, but as a manager he didn't cut it. Too nice. But in his defence, he did have some of the remnants of the Jago/Sexton squads to deal with, which were old, tired and well found out by the opposition. Not nice to watch really. But things got worse later under Docherty, who in my opinion never took anything seriously at the R's and should never have been allowed back after his disastrous first stint at the club in '68, giggling, bumbling, Man Utd Jock fool that he was!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

very worried on 14:40 - Jan 13 with 1297 viewsAntti_Heinola

very worried on 14:06 - Jan 13 by Maggsinho

What a terrible day that was, Selhurst Park, a 5-0 drubbing and Who Let The Dogs Out played at ear splitting volume every time they scored.

Awful.

Awful.
Took my then gf, who was not caucasian. At 4-0, some bloke (no racists at QPR, as we all know) went:
'Not being funny, right, but there's three blokes out there who are really sh!t and they're all black'

Now indeed, poor Jermaine Darlington did have 19 new assholes ripped for him that day by their scintillating winger (Gareth... something? Whatever happened to him?), but that was the final straw for me - as if the whiteys in our side were playing fairly well! Unbelievable.

Think it was probably the only game I left a bit early from.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

very worried on 16:10 - Jan 13 with 1248 viewsTheBlob

very worried on 14:37 - Jan 13 by Antti_Heinola

i think you just need to lighten up a bit, Blob. We're in the Championship, it's a bit tough. Let's not roll over and start sucking our thumbs in an orgy of sorrow and self pity just yet, eh?

Better than sucking a load of dicks on vague promises and dubious abilities.

very worried on 16:14 - Jan 13 with 1245 viewsNorthernr

Obviously not. Please stop posting this nonsense after every match we don't win.

This post has been edited by an administrator
very worried on 16:16 - Jan 13 with 1235 viewsTheBlob

very worried on 16:14 - Jan 13 by Northernr

Obviously not. Please stop posting this nonsense after every match we don't win.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I haven't been posting that much - why pick on me?

very worried on 16:20 - Jan 13 with 1225 viewsNorthernr

very worried on 16:16 - Jan 13 by TheBlob

I haven't been posting that much - why pick on me?

Referring to the OP. He starts a thread like this after every fcking match.
very worried on 16:24 - Jan 13 with 1210 viewsTheBlob

very worried on 16:20 - Jan 13 by Northernr

Referring to the OP. He starts a thread like this after every fcking match.

You are forgiven

very worried on 16:24 - Jan 13 with 1208 viewswhittocksRs

Come on, 2012-13 is still fresh in f*cking memory. Calm down.
very worried on 16:28 - Jan 13 with 1200 viewsTheBlob

very worried on 16:24 - Jan 13 by whittocksRs

Come on, 2012-13 is still fresh in f*cking memory. Calm down.

Sorry.I got a flu virus,haven't eaten solids for three weeks and I'm feeling spikier than a porcupine that's got loose in a toothpick factory.

very worried on 16:30 - Jan 13 with 1197 viewssevenhoop

very worried on 13:10 - Jan 13 by Dorse

You'd have thought he might have been suspicious when messers Cash, Tango and Paladini all started laughing at once when he signed the deal.

And high-fived each other.
And took photos of him on their phones.
And created hashtag 'Sucker'.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2016 13:14]

'I think he needs to sell the club '

be careful what you wish for
very worried on 17:02 - Jan 13 with 1165 viewsloftus77

very worried on 14:38 - Jan 13 by Monahoop

Ah yes, the Sibley years. I remember them. Frank was a popular though not spectacular player at the club, but as a manager he didn't cut it. Too nice. But in his defence, he did have some of the remnants of the Jago/Sexton squads to deal with, which were old, tired and well found out by the opposition. Not nice to watch really. But things got worse later under Docherty, who in my opinion never took anything seriously at the R's and should never have been allowed back after his disastrous first stint at the club in '68, giggling, bumbling, Man Utd Jock fool that he was!

Thought we actually played some great stuff under The Doc in 1979-80. Burnley 7-0, Charlton 4-0, Fulham 3-0, West Ham 3-0 etc. Allen and Goddard in their prime as a lethal partnership. Could easily have gone straight back up, except it was top 3 only. Goddard going to West Ham was a huge blow, I guess.
very worried on 20:11 - Jan 13 with 1072 viewsderbyhoop

Anybody remember a team with a strike force (sic!) of Brett Angell and Richard Pacquette trundling their way around various third tier grounds.

And that's ignoring the teams we turned out around the time we went to and left White City. Mid table mediocrity in the 3rd Division.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

very worried on 20:17 - Jan 13 with 1061 viewsNortholt_Rs

very worried on 17:02 - Jan 13 by loftus77

Thought we actually played some great stuff under The Doc in 1979-80. Burnley 7-0, Charlton 4-0, Fulham 3-0, West Ham 3-0 etc. Allen and Goddard in their prime as a lethal partnership. Could easily have gone straight back up, except it was top 3 only. Goddard going to West Ham was a huge blow, I guess.

It was - for him and us.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

very worried on 01:41 - Jan 14 with 1005 viewsIngham

Yeah, I agree with the Blob (who is probably still wishing he HADN'T remembered poor Brian Williams). I'd say the 'endless false dawns' - and especially the need to 'believe' in anyone and everyone who merely turns up at LR - have proved profoundly demoralising.

It is that jam tomorrow business that is the most poisonous. We get it wrong. Never mind, we've learned from that. Wrong again. Get behind the boys. Wrong again. Don't be negative. Wrong again. This time, you'll see. Wrong again. And by that time, when Manager after Manager, and Chairman after Chairman, and Squad after Squad has let everyone down, we reach the ultimate nadir of blame by asking ourselves 'What is the matter with our supporters?'

How have they managed to work us into that state? Where the more they get things wrong, the more WE are to blame.

Less critical supporters condemn their critical counterparts on the basis that they they expect too much. But still claim to be more optimistic themselves, even though they presumably expect far less.

Optimism is only of value when it based on realism, and it can only be based on realism when we REALLY ARE good. Otherwise, it is nonsense. Just as pessimism would be if we really were brilliant.

False optimism - as I think the Blob has made clear - is progressively more and more demoralising.

And the assumption that we must entertain falsely optimistic beliefs about the Club's potential merely because we've persuaded ourselves that the only alternative is an unwarranted pessimism just doesn't make sense.

The equivalent of false optimism when we are poor might be said to be false pessimism when we are good. And the absurdity of the latter clearly points up the equal absurdity of the former. False optimism is not positive at all, any more than it is an enhanced form of realism - it isn't realistic either.

Realism, not pessimism, and certainly not more 'optimism', is the true alternative to false optimism. And the beauty of realism is that, unlike blanket optimism, it enables us to recognise when we have a basis for REAL optimism.

Which will not be achieved by pretending we are not getting worse, but by finding out how we can get better.

That may not be easy, but it won't happen at all until we see that the truly positive thing is to see our shortcomings for what they are, and FIND OUT whether there is anything we can do about them.

Rather than doing what we've been doing for decades, simply ASSUMING that the more persistently we get it wrong, the more certain it is that we're about to get it right.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2016 1:43]
very worried on 01:58 - Jan 14 with 990 viewsisawqpratwcity

very worried on 01:41 - Jan 14 by Ingham

Yeah, I agree with the Blob (who is probably still wishing he HADN'T remembered poor Brian Williams). I'd say the 'endless false dawns' - and especially the need to 'believe' in anyone and everyone who merely turns up at LR - have proved profoundly demoralising.

It is that jam tomorrow business that is the most poisonous. We get it wrong. Never mind, we've learned from that. Wrong again. Get behind the boys. Wrong again. Don't be negative. Wrong again. This time, you'll see. Wrong again. And by that time, when Manager after Manager, and Chairman after Chairman, and Squad after Squad has let everyone down, we reach the ultimate nadir of blame by asking ourselves 'What is the matter with our supporters?'

How have they managed to work us into that state? Where the more they get things wrong, the more WE are to blame.

Less critical supporters condemn their critical counterparts on the basis that they they expect too much. But still claim to be more optimistic themselves, even though they presumably expect far less.

Optimism is only of value when it based on realism, and it can only be based on realism when we REALLY ARE good. Otherwise, it is nonsense. Just as pessimism would be if we really were brilliant.

False optimism - as I think the Blob has made clear - is progressively more and more demoralising.

And the assumption that we must entertain falsely optimistic beliefs about the Club's potential merely because we've persuaded ourselves that the only alternative is an unwarranted pessimism just doesn't make sense.

The equivalent of false optimism when we are poor might be said to be false pessimism when we are good. And the absurdity of the latter clearly points up the equal absurdity of the former. False optimism is not positive at all, any more than it is an enhanced form of realism - it isn't realistic either.

Realism, not pessimism, and certainly not more 'optimism', is the true alternative to false optimism. And the beauty of realism is that, unlike blanket optimism, it enables us to recognise when we have a basis for REAL optimism.

Which will not be achieved by pretending we are not getting worse, but by finding out how we can get better.

That may not be easy, but it won't happen at all until we see that the truly positive thing is to see our shortcomings for what they are, and FIND OUT whether there is anything we can do about them.

Rather than doing what we've been doing for decades, simply ASSUMING that the more persistently we get it wrong, the more certain it is that we're about to get it right.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2016 1:43]

Ingham, this sort of thread does not require a post the size of a Saturn V Owner's Manual. Agree that we are shit, but yes, we've been worse, sling a couple of f*cks the OP's way and move on.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024