Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The long road from Austin to Washington - Signing 22:55 - Jan 20 with 2376 viewsNorthernr

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/41773/the-long-road
The long road from Austin to Washington - Signing on 23:06 - Jan 20 with 2358 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Perfect. Agree with every word.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The long road from Austin to Washington - Signing on 00:38 - Jan 21 with 2261 viewsBoston

I'm looking forward to see him play...even if form suggests it'll take a few games before he hits the back of the net.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The long road from Austin to Washington - Signing on 01:28 - Jan 21 with 2226 viewstorontolifelongfan

great article Clive,hope it all works well for the kid,welcome to the nut house
The long road from Austin to Washington - Signing on 09:01 - Jan 21 with 2047 viewsjamois

Anybody else here confused on the fee? The club keep quoting 2.5m. Yet then I hear Newport are receiving about 1m, from multiple sources. Did Newport really have a 40% sell-on clause on this lad??! On a BBC article pointed out by QPR85, it says the sell-on clause is 20%, which would put the fee at nearer 5m. Anybody got any insight on this?

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

The long road from Austin to Washington - Signing on 09:39 - Jan 21 with 2001 viewsnadera78

The long road from Austin to Washington - Signing on 09:01 - Jan 21 by jamois

Anybody else here confused on the fee? The club keep quoting 2.5m. Yet then I hear Newport are receiving about 1m, from multiple sources. Did Newport really have a 40% sell-on clause on this lad??! On a BBC article pointed out by QPR85, it says the sell-on clause is 20%, which would put the fee at nearer 5m. Anybody got any insight on this?

I think that originates with a tweet from the Peterborough chairman, and it's more that Newport received £500,000 up front and then a similar amount from a sell-on clause.
The long road from Austin to Washington - Signing on 10:28 - Jan 21 with 1949 viewsjamois

The long road from Austin to Washington - Signing on 09:39 - Jan 21 by nadera78

I think that originates with a tweet from the Peterborough chairman, and it's more that Newport received £500,000 up front and then a similar amount from a sell-on clause.

It seems the sell-on was definitely 20%. I don't understand the 500k up front thing though, excuse me for being thick but what does that mean? If they are receiving 1m in total just from the deal with us then the fact is they are getting 40% of the total amount. Which means Posh only make 500k more than Newport on the deal.

The long road from Austin to Washington - Signing on 10:29 - Jan 21 with 1946 viewsNorthernr

The long road from Austin to Washington - Signing on 10:28 - Jan 21 by jamois

It seems the sell-on was definitely 20%. I don't understand the 500k up front thing though, excuse me for being thick but what does that mean? If they are receiving 1m in total just from the deal with us then the fact is they are getting 40% of the total amount. Which means Posh only make 500k more than Newport on the deal.

He means the original transfer fee Peterborough paid to Newport a couple of years ago. That would make it up to a million with a 20% sell on fee from a £2.5m transfer this time.
The long road from Austin to Washington - Signing on 10:33 - Jan 21 with 1941 viewsjamois

The long road from Austin to Washington - Signing on 10:29 - Jan 21 by Northernr

He means the original transfer fee Peterborough paid to Newport a couple of years ago. That would make it up to a million with a 20% sell on fee from a £2.5m transfer this time.

Ok, got it, 500k up front from the previous deal. So it's been slightly mis-reported in the press as they keep saying 1m from the deal with QPR when it's not, it's just 500k plus the 500k they already had a few years ago.

Login to get fewer ads

The long road from Austin to Washington - Signing on 10:37 - Jan 21 with 1930 viewsNorthernr

The long road from Austin to Washington - Signing on 10:33 - Jan 21 by jamois

Ok, got it, 500k up front from the previous deal. So it's been slightly mis-reported in the press as they keep saying 1m from the deal with QPR when it's not, it's just 500k plus the 500k they already had a few years ago.

I suspect the press have simply taken that from the Peterborough chairman Tweet where he said they've made nearly seven figures through dealing with Peterborough on a player, which is how it should be. Didn't say all seven figures were from the sell on.
The long road from Austin to Washington - Signing on 10:44 - Jan 21 with 1910 viewsjamois

The long road from Austin to Washington - Signing on 10:37 - Jan 21 by Northernr

I suspect the press have simply taken that from the Peterborough chairman Tweet where he said they've made nearly seven figures through dealing with Peterborough on a player, which is how it should be. Didn't say all seven figures were from the sell on.

Indeed Norf sir thank you for the clarification. My confusion came from two separate reports on BBC with these quotes:

"Newport County are set to be nearly £1m better off thanks to the transfer of Conor Washington from Peterborough United to Queens Park Rangers."
AND
"Newport will receive nearly £1m from a 20% sell-on clause for the striker Edinburgh brought to County for £5000."

The long road from Austin to Washington - Signing on 11:05 - Jan 21 with 1879 viewsfrancisbowles

A grasp for accurate detail is not usually top of the agenda for the popular media!
It's one of the major reasons we all come on here.

To those that fear we may have overpaid, I would say we paid as much or a little more than anyone else offered, so basically the market rate!
The long road from Austin to Washington - Signing on 14:10 - Jan 21 with 1694 viewsQPRDave

Personally I haven't and won't get overly excited or expectant of Washington.
Good point about a fee for Bamford. Better to bring in another perm player
The long road from Austin to Washington - Signing on 06:28 - Jan 22 with 1342 viewsMrSheen

Has the club promised not to take Burton's players as a condition of getting Jimmy? You'd think he'd think we'll of them given what they'd achieved. As they play in front of 3,000 people and most are probably on League 2 contracts still I doubt they earn more than £600 a week on average. Most managers like to get some old faces in (eg Kenny, Hill and Derry for Warnock). Why not Jimmy?
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024