Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread 21:50 - Feb 1 with 45470 viewsPhil_S

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 08:32 - Feb 2 with 3122 viewsWhiterockin

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 07:32 - Feb 2 by JFSwan

Go for it or grind it out ?

_________Fabianski__________
Rangel Fernandez Williams Taylor
__________Leon___________
___Cork__________ Ki______
__________Glyfi___________
_____Ayew____ Routledge____

Keep unchanged for now, back to back wins no need for drastic change.
Obviously would be nice to see the new striker have a go at some point & if we need a plan B, id like to see barrow and Montero on the pitch together as wingers.

This.
West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 08:36 - Feb 2 with 3120 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

What do we do about Ayew

It's centre forward or bench for me

We don't function with him out wide

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 10:10 - Feb 2 with 3027 viewsCooperman

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 08:36 - Feb 2 by oh_tommy_tommy

What do we do about Ayew

I agree, and now is not the time to pick players simply because they have an astronomical weekly wage.

If he functions up top then play him there. In fairness to him he's played reasonably well up top so I'd keep Al on the bench for a 25 min cameo / look see.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 10:19 - Feb 2 with 3006 viewsyescomeon

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 08:36 - Feb 2 by oh_tommy_tommy

What do we do about Ayew

If we were going to give Guidolin's 352 a go I'd play him as the very attacking wing back on the left. He covers a lot of ground, gets back to defend which he would need to do in that position but the primary role would be attack, acting as a Raumdeuter, which I think is probably his best position.

Upthecity!

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 10:25 - Feb 2 with 2989 viewsJFSwan

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 10:19 - Feb 2 by yescomeon

If we were going to give Guidolin's 352 a go I'd play him as the very attacking wing back on the left. He covers a lot of ground, gets back to defend which he would need to do in that position but the primary role would be attack, acting as a Raumdeuter, which I think is probably his best position.

I agree he can cover a lot of ground but Ayew has proven he cannot retain any width.
He naturally drifts inside and id rather him running at defenses than tracking backwards acting as a fullback.
West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 10:27 - Feb 2 with 2985 viewsWhiterockin

Looks like we will stay with our normal formation.

"I have some other ideas (how to play) but this is a moment when I can't change too many things."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35406756
West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 10:29 - Feb 2 with 2980 viewssherpajacob

Massive opportunity tonight
Norwich v spurs
Sunderland v man city
Palace v cherries
Everton v Newcastle

Our last weekend of action went perfectly for us.
It's not impossible for another set of perfect results.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 10:32 - Feb 2 with 2969 viewsjasonbromham

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 04:29 - Feb 2 by nyc_swans

hoping for:

Rangel - Ash - Fede - Tayls
Ki - Leon
Ayew - Siggy - Montero
Gomis

bring on the new guy for Gomis with 20 mins left, maybe withdraw a winger for Cork if it's tight, maybe see what Barrow can do if Ayew runs out of steam.

Gomis?

I would go for

Fabianski
Naughton Amat Williams Taylor
Cork Britton
Barrow Sigurdsson Ayew
Paloschi

What I think the team will be is the following:

Fabianski
Cork Leon Ki
Sigurdsson Ayew
Paloschi

Subs: Nordfeldt, Amat, Naughton, Routledge, Barrow, Montero, Gomis.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2016 10:33]
Login to get fewer ads

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 10:34 - Feb 2 with 2962 viewstrampie

Yip

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 10:39 - Feb 2 with 2949 viewsyescomeon

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 10:25 - Feb 2 by JFSwan

I agree he can cover a lot of ground but Ayew has proven he cannot retain any width.
He naturally drifts inside and id rather him running at defenses than tracking backwards acting as a fullback.

I don't know whether he is told to but he seems to track back anyway. I feel he would be most effective starting wide then drifting in to attack space in the box. I was under the impression that the left side player in Guidolin's system was more of a winger than a full back, hence the suggestion. But as the post below suggests it looks like we are sticking with the formation we are used to seeing.

Upthecity!

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 10:43 - Feb 2 with 2944 viewstrampie

Big game for the Swans tonight, WBA being home will be marginal favourites.

If WBA win they will have a 6 point lead over us with 14 games to go so they should just about finish above us [although not guaranteed], if its a draw there is a reasonable chance we can make up the 3 points to catch them between now and the end of the season, if we win we will go above WBA and I would be hopeful of us staying above them come the end of the season, so it does not decide anybody's fate but it is quite a big game.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 10:53 - Feb 2 with 2935 viewsmonmouth

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 10:43 - Feb 2 by trampie

Big game for the Swans tonight, WBA being home will be marginal favourites.

If WBA win they will have a 6 point lead over us with 14 games to go so they should just about finish above us [although not guaranteed], if its a draw there is a reasonable chance we can make up the 3 points to catch them between now and the end of the season, if we win we will go above WBA and I would be hopeful of us staying above them come the end of the season, so it does not decide anybody's fate but it is quite a big game.

I think it's huge, and I'm not one for over-reacting to individual games. Mainly because it would kick them right in the balls to lose at home to us, and I don't think they have the tools to repair themselves easily.

Be very disappointed if we don't give it a real shot tonight. Last year still rankles. They were garbage then too and we just supinely allowed them to walk over us.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 11:00 - Feb 2 with 2917 viewsmarchamjack

Didn't realise until reading here that if we win we go above them! This is a very big game that we've got every chance of winning. Couple of Baggies fans I do work with have had it with Pulis, both the 'style' of play and now the results and reckon tonight the crowd will turn on the team if things go badly for them. Good. They think we'll definitely get a draw and wouldn't be at all surprised to see us win. They think always one team gets pulled into the relegation fight and this year its them...

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 11:08 - Feb 2 with 2905 viewsJACKARSE

This is a big game for Guidolin and the Swans. He has had some time to work with the squad and this will be his stamp on tactics. I'm really interested to see how he fares against Pulis. WBA are no mugs, they have only lost 1 in the last 6 at home and we have only won 1 in the last 6 away. Really interested to see how he sets up and changes tactics during the game.... a win would be epic but I'll settle with a point.
West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 11:17 - Feb 2 with 2876 viewstomdickharry

Same team that started at Everton,fancy us to make it 3 wins in a row 2-1.
West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 11:17 - Feb 2 with 2575 viewsmarchamjack

got nil nil all over tonight...

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 11:24 - Feb 2 with 2557 viewsCooperman

One of the things that I'm looking forward to most is seeing the impact that Al has had on Gomis. They've had the best part of a week together now so there must be some enhancement. I'm just not sure we'll see it tonight.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 11:24 - Feb 2 with 2557 viewslancasterswan

Nobody's much mentioned Berahino. I heard yesterday on the radio at lunchtime that Pulis had said Berahino was going nowhere in the Window and so it transpired. In addition, Pulis backed it up with "...he's in our squad for Tuesday against Swansea."

For me I might not even have Gomis on the bench tonight. We need to score in the first 20 when we are often strong, but have failed to do that most of this season. If we score, then it will open up their play, but we will have to watch Berahino (if he's on) like a hawk. If they score first we could spend 80 minutes trying to batter the door down and that's not really Baf's game, that's where a lot of the offsides have come from.

Just my ramblings.
West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 11:26 - Feb 2 with 2553 viewsJACKARSE

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 11:17 - Feb 2 by marchamjack

That will do me ..... 15 clean sheets till the end of the season and that's at least 15 points !
West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 11:49 - Feb 2 with 2503 viewslancasterswan

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 11:17 - Feb 2 by marchamjack

I'd take the point but I don't think my nerves could stand it
West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 12:22 - Feb 2 with 2436 viewsPrivate_Partz

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 11:26 - Feb 2 by JACKARSE

That will do me ..... 15 clean sheets till the end of the season and that's at least 15 points !

If we keep a superior goal difference then 35 may just do it. Aim for 40 however which is not a massive task on current form. Each win will remove a massive amount of pressure. I know 'no sh!t Sherlock' :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 13:21 - Feb 2 with 2300 viewsnantywatcher

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 10:32 - Feb 2 by jasonbromham

Gomis?

I would go for

Fabianski
Naughton Amat Williams Taylor
Cork Britton
Barrow Sigurdsson Ayew
Paloschi

What I think the team will be is the following:

Fabianski
Cork Leon Ki
Sigurdsson Ayew
Paloschi

Subs: Nordfeldt, Amat, Naughton, Routledge, Barrow, Montero, Gomis.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2016 10:33]

I find it absolutely stunning that there are people on this site who don't rate Fernandez. What planet are you all on?
West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 13:28 - Feb 2 with 2279 viewsvetchonian

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 13:21 - Feb 2 by nantywatcher

I find it absolutely stunning that there are people on this site who don't rate Fernandez. What planet are you all on?

whilst an international Fernandez can be a liability at times. Not always comfortable with the ball at his feet resulting in stray passes sometimes goes missing in action when defending losing his opponent.
But still a good player but has had a few wobbles this year

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 13:32 - Feb 2 with 2267 viewsWhiterockin

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 13:21 - Feb 2 by nantywatcher

Planet Swans.
West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 13:32 - Feb 2 with 2265 viewskarnataka

West Brom v Swansea City - Official Match Thread on 01:14 - Feb 2 by Griffting

Didn't these draw at home to Villa in their last prem match? We should be capable of a draw at least at that rate..

They only drew 2-2 with Peterborough just a few days ago. WBA are not a good side at the moment. Their 'style' for want of a better description, hasn't been good all season and now their recent results have been at bit iffy too. On current form, I'd say we'd be the more confident going into this one. We went at Everton early last time out and it took them a long time to get any sort of momentum going. Suggest we do the same tonight and WBA might not be good enough to be able to get into top gear.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024