Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adam johnson 15:32 - Mar 3 with 11701 views1949er

The law of the land says he is guilty.the gutter press typically bring down the character of anyone acheiving any success.they describe the girl as a child. I live near a secondary school, on their way home these (girls) have their skirts up their arse loads of make up on ,and too many buttons undone on their blouses.Johnson has done wrong, how many men in the same situation would be tempted?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Adam johnson on 15:39 - Mar 3 with 5201 viewsRotherhamDale

Please be a wind up...

Possession with progression.

Adam johnson on 15:43 - Mar 3 with 5186 viewsSuddenLad

There are no excuses for what he did, as he knew exactly how old she was when he set out to engage her in sexual activity.

The more relevant question would be, would she have shown the same level of 'interest' had Johnson been (for example) an insurance clerk rather than a high profile £60,000 per week International footballer.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Adam johnson on 16:04 - Mar 3 with 5129 viewsTalkingSutty

Adam johnson on 15:43 - Mar 3 by SuddenLad

There are no excuses for what he did, as he knew exactly how old she was when he set out to engage her in sexual activity.

The more relevant question would be, would she have shown the same level of 'interest' had Johnson been (for example) an insurance clerk rather than a high profile £60,000 per week International footballer.

Sorry, I don't like this thread. All red blooded men take a interest in females,it's a natural thing to do but being attracted to underage kids is dangerous.

No,it's not normal and eyeing up young girls/school kids isnt good. If you want to go down that road be prepared to go to prison. Only a tiny minority would be tempted to have a sexual encounter with a underage girl. Mature ladies are the way forward, they can put some grub on the table as well.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2016 16:09]
Adam johnson on 16:08 - Mar 3 with 5110 viewsSuddenLad

Adam johnson on 16:04 - Mar 3 by TalkingSutty

Sorry, I don't like this thread. All red blooded men take a interest in females,it's a natural thing to do but being attracted to underage kids is dangerous.

No,it's not normal and eyeing up young girls/school kids isnt good. If you want to go down that road be prepared to go to prison. Only a tiny minority would be tempted to have a sexual encounter with a underage girl. Mature ladies are the way forward, they can put some grub on the table as well.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2016 16:09]

Exactly.

And resist the temptation or pay the price. Encouraging them makes it worse.

Adam johnson on 16:19 - Mar 3 with 5083 viewsTalkingSutty

Adam johnson on 16:08 - Mar 3 by SuddenLad

Exactly.

The parents of the young girls need to take some responsibility also. Allowing them to wear some of the clothes they do and the amount of makeup means they grow up quicker than they should. Not easy to police, I know that.

I have a few nieces who when younger would dress up and pass for mid twenties, stunning girls, but when you spoke to them it was obvious they were still children and immature in their outlook/ opinions. They might look like young woman but it's pretty obvious that they aren't and need protecting. Looks can be deceiving.
Adam johnson on 16:23 - Mar 3 with 5066 viewsdingdangblue

They found he had googled "age of consent" - he knew it was wrong and is a bigger idiot thinking he could get away with it without her telling anyone.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Adam johnson on 16:25 - Mar 3 with 5062 viewsDaleiLama

Adam johnson on 16:08 - Mar 3 by SuddenLad

Exactly.

I haven't studied all the details of this case so it's really wrong to comment, but I saw half of the story on the news last night and did wonder (and I could be way off beam) if there was an element of honeytrap about it when she was standing in front of a microphone in front of the cameras instead of keeping her head down and out of the spotlight (which surely most traumatised people would do)?

Regardless of that, however, she told him she was 15. So only one verdict = guilty. I suspect he'll enjoy his showers in HMP less than S AFC, but he deserves everything he gets.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Adam johnson on 16:33 - Mar 3 with 5024 viewsD_Alien

What Adam Johnson got up to was despicable, and he'll spend the rest of his life in shame.

Of more concern should be the fact that since the law on Forced Marriages was passed in 2007, there have been a mere handful of prosecutions. Meanwhile, every year literally hundreds of British nationals aged younger than 16 are tricked into travelling abroad to be wed to blokes they've never met and sometimes aged in their 50s or 60s. This, so that the "husband" can gain a visa to come and live in the UK.

The police and their teachers know who they are, but rarely does anyone try to intervene, and even more rarely are the parents of these children prosecuted.

Why isn't there outrage about this?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Adam johnson on 16:37 - Mar 3 with 5002 viewsTalkingSutty

Adam johnson on 16:25 - Mar 3 by DaleiLama

I haven't studied all the details of this case so it's really wrong to comment, but I saw half of the story on the news last night and did wonder (and I could be way off beam) if there was an element of honeytrap about it when she was standing in front of a microphone in front of the cameras instead of keeping her head down and out of the spotlight (which surely most traumatised people would do)?

Regardless of that, however, she told him she was 15. So only one verdict = guilty. I suspect he'll enjoy his showers in HMP less than S AFC, but he deserves everything he gets.

Correct, brains of a pot dog. Money is the route of all evil and some people have so much money that they can have anything, They then look for other things to give them a thrill such as drugs or high class hookers or in this case use their wealth to influence underage girls. They think they are above the law and untouchable. The circumstances surrounding Ched Evans case is another example of somebody with money treating woman like pieces of meat.
Adam johnson on 16:42 - Mar 3 with 4976 viewsTalkingSutty

Adam johnson on 16:33 - Mar 3 by D_Alien

What Adam Johnson got up to was despicable, and he'll spend the rest of his life in shame.

Of more concern should be the fact that since the law on Forced Marriages was passed in 2007, there have been a mere handful of prosecutions. Meanwhile, every year literally hundreds of British nationals aged younger than 16 are tricked into travelling abroad to be wed to blokes they've never met and sometimes aged in their 50s or 60s. This, so that the "husband" can gain a visa to come and live in the UK.

The police and their teachers know who they are, but rarely does anyone try to intervene, and even more rarely are the parents of these children prosecuted.

Great post and one that should be brought into the public spotlight. It's a massive problem that seems to be kept quiet and swept under the carpet. A massive can of worms that one. It's not just the police and teachers who are aware, it goes right down the line through Social Services, Government etc. There doesn't seem to be an appetite to act, straight up child abuse/ grooming.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2016 16:42]
Adam johnson on 16:52 - Mar 3 with 4942 viewsroccydaleian

Adam johnson on 16:42 - Mar 3 by TalkingSutty

Great post and one that should be brought into the public spotlight. It's a massive problem that seems to be kept quiet and swept under the carpet. A massive can of worms that one. It's not just the police and teachers who are aware, it goes right down the line through Social Services, Government etc. There doesn't seem to be an appetite to act, straight up child abuse/ grooming.

Correct and we all know why. Thanks to the fooking PC brigade anyone/body/dept who tries to highlight these problems are shit scared to do anything, for the fear of being branded racists.
Adam johnson on 16:54 - Mar 3 with 4936 viewsSuddenLad

Adam johnson on 16:42 - Mar 3 by TalkingSutty

As you will surely know TS, many see the 'arranged/forced marriage' as a cultural obligation and from that point of view it is immediately beset by many other problems.

I know that there are may agencies involved in trying to 'educate' the elder members of the respective communities that this type of 'marriage' has no recognition in British law.

Unfortunately, the 'victims' are often duped into travelling to a variety of countries where they fall prey to such ceremonies and are unfortunately out of reach of the British judicial system.

It is virtually impossible to prove that the 'victims' were effectively kidnapped for the purposes of these 'marriages' taking place when to all intents and purposes, they travelled voluntarily and of their own free will.

Unless they return here to the UK and instigate a proper investigation it's a dead end.

At the moment there are dozens of cases of people travelling abroad during school holidays and never returning. A massive problem I agree, but agencies in the UK have very limited powers to do anything about it, once they have gone abroad.

Adam johnson on 17:06 - Mar 3 with 4909 viewsD_Alien

Adam johnson on 16:54 - Mar 3 by SuddenLad

As you will surely know TS, many see the 'arranged/forced marriage' as a cultural obligation and from that point of view it is immediately beset by many other problems.

I know that there are may agencies involved in trying to 'educate' the elder members of the respective communities that this type of 'marriage' has no recognition in British law.

Unfortunately, the 'victims' are often duped into travelling to a variety of countries where they fall prey to such ceremonies and are unfortunately out of reach of the British judicial system.

It is virtually impossible to prove that the 'victims' were effectively kidnapped for the purposes of these 'marriages' taking place when to all intents and purposes, they travelled voluntarily and of their own free will.

Unless they return here to the UK and instigate a proper investigation it's a dead end.

At the moment there are dozens of cases of people travelling abroad during school holidays and never returning. A massive problem I agree, but agencies in the UK have very limited powers to do anything about it, once they have gone abroad.

Whilst what you say is correct, there's the issue of massive underreporting.

Schools are now asked (but not required by law, as I understand) to inform the authorities if the children don't return to their classroom after school holidays. They've needed to be asked, because in most cases they've simply turned a blind eye.

The latest "method" is to wed children via Skype. I kid you not (no pun intended).

There's also a huge difference between an arranged marriage and a forced marriage, and the two should never be conflated.

Adam johnson on 17:16 - Mar 3 with 4872 viewsSuddenLad

Adam johnson on 17:06 - Mar 3 by D_Alien

Whilst what you say is correct, there's the issue of massive underreporting.

Schools are now asked (but not required by law, as I understand) to inform the authorities if the children don't return to their classroom after school holidays. They've needed to be asked, because in most cases they've simply turned a blind eye.

The latest "method" is to wed children via Skype. I kid you not (no pun intended).

There's also a huge difference between an arranged marriage and a forced marriage, and the two should never be conflated.

I agree entirely with your last sentence and I wasn't trying to conflate the two, but when an investigation commences, the allegations being made about 'forced' (illegal) marriage rapidly results in the response that the marriage was 'arranged' (therefore legal).

Until the 'bride' is available to be interviewed, there is no way of substantiating either version, but the likelihood is that she will not see these shores again.

It is a huge problem and as you rightly point out, it is massively under-reported. Sadly, without the full co-opersation of all those involved it is virtually impossible to establish the true facts or even the whereabouts of the individuals concerned.

Adam johnson on 17:16 - Mar 3 with 4870 viewsTalkingSutty

Adam johnson on 16:54 - Mar 3 by SuddenLad

Like I said, 'A massive can of worms' and not something that is easy to sort out. A massive cultural change would start the ball rolling but that's not going to happen. Multi international agencies would also have to been involved and I don't see that happening neither.

Putting the problem on the doorstep of the police and even more so School Teachers is failing to see the bigger picture, as you rightly point out. I feel really sorry for the kids involved, it's a terrible situation for them.
Adam johnson on 17:23 - Mar 3 with 4851 viewsD_Alien

Adam johnson on 17:16 - Mar 3 by TalkingSutty

Like I said, 'A massive can of worms' and not something that is easy to sort out. A massive cultural change would start the ball rolling but that's not going to happen. Multi international agencies would also have to been involved and I don't see that happening neither.

Putting the problem on the doorstep of the police and even more so School Teachers is failing to see the bigger picture, as you rightly point out. I feel really sorry for the kids involved, it's a terrible situation for them.

It's not a case of "putting the problem on the doorstep of ... School Teachers", though.

It's simply a case of asking them to identify (or more correctly, asking the school to identify, through their registration system), which children have been removed without due notice.

Once that happens, there's a government unit been set up to investigate, and the authorities in the country to which the child has been taken are usually co-operative.

It's all very well us trying to find reasons why we shouldn't act - meanwhile, under-age girls are being raped in the name of cultural niceties. It's cowardice, both on the part of the families involved, but on our part too.

[Post edited 3 Mar 2016 17:27]

Adam johnson on 17:33 - Mar 3 with 4812 viewsdingdangblue

There is................I am outraged.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Adam johnson on 17:37 - Mar 3 with 4800 viewsSuddenLad

Adam johnson on 17:23 - Mar 3 by D_Alien

It's not a case of "putting the problem on the doorstep of ... School Teachers", though.

It's simply a case of asking them to identify (or more correctly, asking the school to identify, through their registration system), which children have been removed without due notice.

Once that happens, there's a government unit been set up to investigate, and the authorities in the country to which the child has been taken are usually co-operative.

It's all very well us trying to find reasons why we shouldn't act - meanwhile, under-age girls are being raped in the name of cultural niceties. It's cowardice, both on the part of the families involved, but on our part too.

I'm pretty sure that the system you quote is in place and the names of absentees are forwarded for further enquiries.

That's where the problems start, not through a lack of will to investigate but more to do with the International nature of the circumstances and lack of British legal powers to deal with the crimes once the victims are out of our jurisdiction.

Diplomatic intervention takes months, even years, by which time the system becomes flooded with other cases of a similar nature. The issue of child custody and snatching children from lawful custody is another issue that causes major legal and diplomatic issues once the youngsters are overseas. Initial court hearings and applications have to be made in the countries where the victims are located and in many (most) cases those courts do not recognise that any offence has taken place.

In reality, only advanced notice of such unlawful actions can be dealt with effectively and for that to happen, the 'victim' has to be aware of what is to take place, which is rarely, if ever, the case.

Adam johnson on 17:39 - Mar 3 with 4797 viewssandylaner1

brain dead
Adam johnson on 17:43 - Mar 3 with 4786 viewsTalkingSutty

Adam johnson on 17:23 - Mar 3 by D_Alien

Understand what you are saying and there is definitely a case of turning a blind eye I think. I wouldn't know about agencies in other countries being Co- Operative.

To be honest it's not something I have had any dealings in but the amount of Asian children/ teenagers who travel abroad to visit family every year must be in the hundreds of thousands,which must make following up every enquiry a massive job.

Public awareness of the problem would be a great start because it's one that's not widely reported in the media by way of help lines etc. Have you ever seen any publicity/ posters around airport departure lounges, I haven't.

It's tragic, these are British kids and in this day and age it shouldn't be happening. When child abuse is a hot topic this should be at the top of the agenda.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2016 17:50]
Adam johnson on 17:47 - Mar 3 with 4777 viewsNigeriamark

You can tag onto your argument Female Genital Mutilation, something equally despicable, under-reported and classed as cultural. Parents are sending their kids overseas for this

People who have seen my posts know I am pro immigration and as long as it is controlled I don't care from what country or what religion immigrants are as long as they are contributing to the host country. Where there is a clash between UK law and a cultural or religious norm then UK law wins every time for me.. If you do not want to follow UK law then don't come, or expect to be jailed. These are not issues to pussyfoot around with as they destroy young lives
Adam johnson on 17:51 - Mar 3 with 4765 viewsTalkingSutty

Adam johnson on 17:47 - Mar 3 by Nigeriamark

You can tag onto your argument Female Genital Mutilation, something equally despicable, under-reported and classed as cultural. Parents are sending their kids overseas for this

People who have seen my posts know I am pro immigration and as long as it is controlled I don't care from what country or what religion immigrants are as long as they are contributing to the host country. Where there is a clash between UK law and a cultural or religious norm then UK law wins every time for me.. If you do not want to follow UK law then don't come, or expect to be jailed. These are not issues to pussyfoot around with as they destroy young lives

Well said.
Adam johnson on 18:08 - Mar 3 with 4723 viewsLuke8686

The biggest travesty is he'll be out in two years and immediately given the door back into professional football by Oldham/notts county
Adam johnson on 18:11 - Mar 3 with 4713 viewsD_Alien

I'm going to stick my neck out here (no?!) and ask why the OP was given as Abuse Reported.

Who has been abused, on this messageboard? The OP stated the wrongdoing, and then posed what I would regard as a perfectly legitimate question: how many men would be tempted in the same situation?

That's NOT saying you or I would be, but unquestionably there would be a lot of men who would, as our criminal justice system reveals every day. So I ask again, who, exactly, is being abused on here?

Edit: that's also why I've thumbs-downed the immediate post afterwards.

[Post edited 3 Mar 2016 18:14]

Adam johnson on 18:16 - Mar 3 with 4689 viewsTalkingSutty

Adam johnson on 18:11 - Mar 3 by D_Alien

I'm going to stick my neck out here (no?!) and ask why the OP was given as Abuse Reported.

Who has been abused, on this messageboard? The OP stated the wrongdoing, and then posed what I would regard as a perfectly legitimate question: how many men would be tempted in the same situation?

That's NOT saying you or I would be, but unquestionably there would be a lot of men who would, as our criminal justice system reveals every day. So I ask again, who, exactly, is being abused on here?

Edit: that's also why I've thumbs-downed the immediate post afterwards.

[Post edited 3 Mar 2016 18:14]

Somebody as taken offence, if that's the case they are well within their rights to report it as abuse. I don't think it's the best of threads to start but it didn't offend me enough to report it.

It's not up to anybody to have a go at posters for taking offence at something, we all have different thresholds.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024