Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is bury pay on the day yet? 12:15 - Mar 9 with 13570 viewsdingdangblue

They've sold 500 tickets. The majority of them guessing that like EVERY other away ticket game this season it will be pay on the day. The stand holds 3500? Surely anyone with a slight bit of intelligence would have looked at past away figures and known there will be over 1000 empty seats. Is there really any need for bury fans being all ticket beforehand?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Is bury pay on the day yet? on 12:18 - Mar 9 with 6296 viewsD_BFC

I suspect it'll be the lowest Bury turnout for a number of years (ignoring JPT fixtures). Totally unnecessary for it to be all ticket.
Is bury pay on the day yet? on 12:21 - Mar 9 with 6283 viewslurker

We should keep it ticketed. The bury crowd counters would be highly embarrassed with such a low crowd.

Any buckets trying to sneak in to the home end on the day could be flushed out at the turnstiles using a simple finance related conundrum presented to each patron upon entry

Sorted!
Is bury pay on the day yet? on 12:53 - Mar 9 with 6192 viewsaleanddale

Is bury pay on the day yet? on 12:18 - Mar 9 by D_BFC

I suspect it'll be the lowest Bury turnout for a number of years (ignoring JPT fixtures). Totally unnecessary for it to be all ticket.

Don't say that..

Stef and Colin bell will be up in arms your away support is the finest in league1 ( cough ).

Less than 1000 gigglers I recon on Saturday. Remember them calling our away support when we took way more than that to giggle earlier this season.
Is bury pay on the day yet? on 13:01 - Mar 9 with 6164 viewsBarryStrange

Is bury pay on the day yet? on 12:53 - Mar 9 by aleanddale

Don't say that..

Stef and Colin bell will be up in arms your away support is the finest in league1 ( cough ).

Less than 1000 gigglers I recon on Saturday. Remember them calling our away support when we took way more than that to giggle earlier this season.

Had you lost 10 out of 11 away games prior to it?

Amazingly, that is having just the teensiest effect on whether fans can face watching us away from Gigg at the moment.

The said at the start this will be the worst Bury turnout at Rochdale for some years is likely spot on for a number of reasons. Would imagine over 1000 but nowhere near 2000.
Is bury pay on the day yet? on 13:21 - Mar 9 with 6103 viewsmoth5368

Is bury pay on the day yet? on 13:01 - Mar 9 by BarryStrange

Amazingly, that is having just the teensiest effect on whether fans can face watching us away from Gigg at the moment.

The said at the start this will be the worst Bury turnout at Rochdale for some years is likely spot on for a number of reasons. Would imagine over 1000 but nowhere near 2000.

But didn't you win an FA Cup in 1903?
Is bury pay on the day yet? on 13:39 - Mar 9 with 6037 viewsaleanddale

Is bury pay on the day yet? on 13:01 - Mar 9 by BarryStrange

More reason to come Barry where better to grab an away win!!

I will laugh so hard if Dale at bury end up a higher away turnout than what you muster on sat.

And I want you to fill the stand we need the money!!!!!

The away stand only a quarter full will look pretty pathetic.
Is bury pay on the day yet? on 13:43 - Mar 9 with 6017 viewsSandyman

If bury are coming here on that run of away form, they must be a shoe-in to return on the 468 with three points given our recent "beat a good team / lose to a struggling team" trend.
Is bury pay on the day yet? on 14:43 - Mar 9 with 5902 viewsLuke8686

how many fans can we muster up on Saturday? I'm making the trip for my first home game of the season and I suspect a few others will too.

Anything below 3000 will be pretty woeful given recent home form
Login to get fewer ads

Is bury pay on the day yet? on 15:06 - Mar 9 with 5838 views100notout

Is bury pay on the day yet? on 14:43 - Mar 9 by Luke8686

how many fans can we muster up on Saturday? I'm making the trip for my first home game of the season and I suspect a few others will too.

Anything below 3000 will be pretty woeful given recent home form

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Is bury pay on the day yet? on 15:20 - Mar 9 with 5780 viewsYorkshire_Dale

As stated on seperate thread, these Derbies don't attract any passion these days and so are unattractive to fans who see both teams with nothing to play for this weekend.

Personally, really looking forward to it and dragging at least 3 floaters along too.
Is bury pay on the day yet? on 15:27 - Mar 9 with 5759 viewsTalkingSutty

Is bury pay on the day yet? on 15:20 - Mar 9 by Yorkshire_Dale

As stated on seperate thread, these Derbies don't attract any passion these days and so are unattractive to fans who see both teams with nothing to play for this weekend.

Personally, really looking forward to it and dragging at least 3 floaters along too.

Quite a few of them have been televised also which makes it even more cringeworthy. Great opportunities to showcase what people are missing and everytime we put in a dismal display.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2016 15:28]
Is bury pay on the day yet? on 15:33 - Mar 9 with 5733 viewsrobbowood

Is bury pay on the day yet? on 13:43 - Mar 9 by Sandyman

If bury are coming here on that run of away form, they must be a shoe-in to return on the 468 with three points given our recent "beat a good team / lose to a struggling team" trend.

They have lost their last three away games 0-3, 0-6, 0-3 (nil scored, 12 conceded) which takes some doing

I suspect we must have had a run of three games worse than this at this sometime in our history

Being the kind hearted club that we are, we will surely take pity and let them score
Is bury pay on the day yet? on 15:34 - Mar 9 with 5725 viewsdingdangblue

Is bury pay on the day yet? on 15:20 - Mar 9 by Yorkshire_Dale

0 goals in 3 games against Flitcroft for Hilly's team doesn't wet the appetite. Just hope he can get over his 'best mate' hang ups and send his team out to really have a go - doubt it though.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Is bury pay on the day yet? on 16:02 - Mar 9 with 5683 views_dezzy

I am in contact with PDIDDY. He isn't coming on Saturday, and has also stated loads more he knows aren't coming. Says form and cant be bothered with Rochdale is the cause,

His prediction was 1400 ish,

but if they have only sold 500 the only way they would get to that is if we change it to pay on the day .

KHBA

Is bury pay on the day yet? on 16:16 - Mar 9 with 5645 viewsTalkingSutty

Is bury pay on the day yet? on 16:02 - Mar 9 by _dezzy

I am in contact with PDIDDY. He isn't coming on Saturday, and has also stated loads more he knows aren't coming. Says form and cant be bothered with Rochdale is the cause,

but if they have only sold 500 the only way they would get to that is if we change it to pay on the day .

It's a bit of a poor excuse that. You don't just pick and choose because your team isn't very good away from home. I can understand fans staying away for financial reasons but form can come and go, you would miss half of the season if you adopted that attitude. When the teams playing poorly that's when they need the support. The Clubs play down the game anyway, so that will be reflected in the crowd.
Is bury pay on the day yet? on 16:22 - Mar 9 with 5611 views100notout

probably because he can't get any comp tickets.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Is bury pay on the day yet? on 17:23 - Mar 9 with 5479 viewsDomDale

Is bury pay on the day yet? on 16:16 - Mar 9 by TalkingSutty

It's a bit of a poor excuse that. You don't just pick and choose because your team isn't very good away from home. I can understand fans staying away for financial reasons but form can come and go, you would miss half of the season if you adopted that attitude. When the teams playing poorly that's when they need the support. The Clubs play down the game anyway, so that will be reflected in the crowd.

It is but it happens. We took what was it over 2700 to Gigg a few years ago, and only 1500 this season. Fairly big drop.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Is bury pay on the day yet? on 18:32 - Mar 9 with 5333 viewsdingdangblue

Is bury pay on the day yet? on 17:23 - Mar 9 by DomDale

It is but it happens. We took what was it over 2700 to Gigg a few years ago, and only 1500 this season. Fairly big drop.

That 2700 needs to be counted as a 1 off. Was it Centenary season and our final away game? We were playing great stuff and heading for our 1st play offs in years.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2016 19:56]

Is bury pay on the day yet? on 18:35 - Mar 9 with 5329 views442Dale

Is bury pay on the day yet? on 18:32 - Mar 9 by dingdangblue

That 2700 needs to be counted as a 1 off. Was it Centenary season and our final away game? We were playing great stuff and heading for our 1st play offs in years.

There was an outside chance of the top three still too.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Is bury pay on the day yet? on 19:15 - Mar 9 with 5233 viewsleonardrafc

The same man who said our away following was pathetic earlier on this season. Now Bury are in the same boat suddenly it's different and the excuses start flowing.

I wish their recent attendances and form would add abit of humility to their lives, but it won't. Get Saturday out of the way, get to 50 points and hopefully they'll just pester Bolton next season.
Is bury pay on the day yet? on 19:37 - Mar 9 with 5199 viewsrochedale

I am assuming that the title of this thread is aimed at away fans, as I was fairly certain it was pay on the gate for us Dale fans? Please correct me if I am wrong...

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Is bury pay on the day yet? on 19:50 - Mar 9 with 5163 viewsTVOS1907

Is bury pay on the day yet? on 19:37 - Mar 9 by rochedale

I am assuming that the title of this thread is aimed at away fans, as I was fairly certain it was pay on the gate for us Dale fans? Please correct me if I am wrong...

You're not.

It was changed to pay on the day for home fans a few weeks ago, but is still all-ticket for visitors.

I would expect that to change between now and Saturday, just like it did for various other all-ticket games this season.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2016 19:50]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Is bury pay on the day yet? on 19:55 - Mar 9 with 5143 viewsdingdangblue

Is bury pay on the day yet? on 19:37 - Mar 9 by rochedale

Yes you assume correctly. Thats why I only mentioned bury and the away end.

Is bury pay on the day yet? on 00:09 - Mar 10 with 4904 viewsNerazzurri

It was but we also took around about 2,800 the following year as well so 2 years running we took that many and we have taken 2,000 for 2 televised night matches too, although we were doing very well in the league in all those seasons.

Forza Nerazzurri

Is bury pay on the day yet? on 09:52 - Mar 10 with 4709 viewsParkinsGimp

Still a good day out wasnt it, had a few old boys out with me that day as well. Just for a bit of nostalgia , but couldnt find the Cosmos Cafe :-)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024