Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread 21:30 - May 12 with 18421 viewsjackharris

Venue: Liberty Stadium, Swansea (Post Code for Sat Navs: SA1 2FA)
Date: Sunday 15th May 2016
Match Times: Kick Off 3pm, Turnstiles open 1.30pm, halftime (approx) 3.46pm, second half kick off 4.02pm, Match Complete by approximately 4.52pm
[Post edited 15 May 2016 1:28]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 17:47 - May 15 with 2104 viewsDr_Winston

Fer had an odd game. Some sublime stuff but a lot of nonsense too.

Cork was the pick of the three.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 17:49 - May 15 with 2098 viewsTreforys_Jack

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 17:36 - May 15 by jasper_T

What? He was garbage, wasted possession time and time again.

Cork was everywhere, our best player by far.

Fer played very well, nice to have a bit of height in the midfield .
The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 17:59 - May 15 with 2016 viewsLeonisGod

Irrespective of who was best, that relatively defensive 3 left us short of options going forward. Today showed how important Siggy is to us.
The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 18:01 - May 15 with 2009 viewsDavillin

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 17:05 - May 15 by A_Fans_Dad

I think Fer gave the ball away more today, his passing was a bit off.

He gives the ball away too often. (1) He does not have the quickness of brain, eye, or foot to play on a Swansea team. (2) He either thinks he's a dribbler or see #1, above, and he too frequently tries to dribble through half of the other team.

I wouldn't keep him. We can find better.
[Post edited 15 May 2016 18:12]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 18:01 - May 15 with 2008 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 17:59 - May 15 by LeonisGod

Irrespective of who was best, that relatively defensive 3 left us short of options going forward. Today showed how important Siggy is to us.

Or Ki.
The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 18:06 - May 15 with 1975 viewsjasper_T

Barrow was completely useless when he came on, too. No wonder Guidolin's so reluctant to make subs.
The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 18:11 - May 15 with 1950 viewsPacemaker

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 17:47 - May 15 by Dr_Winston

Fer had an odd game. Some sublime stuff but a lot of nonsense too.

Cork was the pick of the three.

Despite it being the final game of the season, I didn't think Fer looked fit, he had that JJS habit of blowing up after 50 mins or so. I do think there is a good player there but he looks like an impact player more than a starter.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 18:11 - May 15 with 1947 viewsDavillin

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 16:38 - May 15 by Cooperman

Ayew is spending far too much time in the position of holding midfielder.

Indiscipline all season long. And while he's there, he wants the ball so he can do a solo dribbling run up the middle and more often than not gives it away. [In the one game where he stuck to his last, he scored two.]

Like another player, he has neither the quickness of mind, nor eye, nor foot, to be effective on a Swansea team.

He was not worth this season's £70k per week. I can't imagine what he'll get next season.

He does have an endearing smile.
[Post edited 15 May 2016 18:14]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 18:15 - May 15 with 1910 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 18:11 - May 15 by Davillin

Indiscipline all season long. And while he's there, he wants the ball so he can do a solo dribbling run up the middle and more often than not gives it away. [In the one game where he stuck to his last, he scored two.]

Like another player, he has neither the quickness of mind, nor eye, nor foot, to be effective on a Swansea team.

He was not worth this season's £70k per week. I can't imagine what he'll get next season.

He does have an endearing smile.
[Post edited 15 May 2016 18:14]

He was dropping deep because it was usually the only way he was going to see any of the ball. We moved it too slowly at times and often wayward. A consequence of playing three naturally deeper lying midfielders.

If Siggy'd been there then Ayew wouldn't have felt the need to drop deep.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 18:21 - May 15 with 1864 viewslifelong

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 18:15 - May 15 by Dr_Winston

He was dropping deep because it was usually the only way he was going to see any of the ball. We moved it too slowly at times and often wayward. A consequence of playing three naturally deeper lying midfielders.

Some of Ayew's antics are annoying, a very good player but goes down like a sack of spuds after the slightest contact.
The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 18:35 - May 15 with 1777 viewsCooperman

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 18:15 - May 15 by Dr_Winston

Fair points.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 18:42 - May 15 with 1741 viewsEdmundo

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 18:01 - May 15 by jasper_T

Or Ki.

It was about the most patched up Swans side all season.......and we held a pretty much 'full strength' Man City side without to much bother👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 19:10 - May 15 with 1654 viewsjacabertawe

Fer back to the Championship, where his overall standard of play belongs. We need far more deftness of touch and intelligence in midfield in his stead.
Ayew is infuriating. Too indisciplined. And too expensive.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 19:21 - May 15 with 1606 viewsOldjack

Boys ffs have a word with yourselves mum ,look at the bigger picture

JOB DONE !
THE END

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 19:23 - May 15 with 1597 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 19:10 - May 15 by jacabertawe

Fer back to the Championship, where his overall standard of play belongs. We need far more deftness of touch and intelligence in midfield in his stead.
Ayew is infuriating. Too indisciplined. And too expensive.

It is odd how we see things differently. I though Letoy was top notch as I said so to three people I sure a lift home with. I was met with silence. I thought he put in a great shift possibly only miss passing once or twice..

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 19:24 - May 15 with 1596 viewsmonmouth

I thought we played well, with more indications of some very pleasing patterns of play. A bit lackadaisical from us, almost certainly because of the nature of the game, but overall encouraging. A few judicious tweaks and we could be quite formidable proposition next year.

When anyone is evaluating today remember that a champions league semi finalist really meant business out there, we had key players missing, had nothing but pride to play for and conceded an early goal. If you're going to whine about that I'd suggest maybe Swansea isn't really a good fit for you.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 19:34 - May 15 with 1525 viewsbluenile

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 17:36 - May 15 by jasper_T

What? He was garbage, wasted possession time and time again.

Cork was everywhere, our best player by far.

Were you actually at the game?? ffs!

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 19:52 - May 15 with 1466 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 19:23 - May 15 by Private_Partz

It is odd how we see things differently. I though Letoy was top notch as I said so to three people I sure a lift home with. I was met with silence. I thought he put in a great shift possibly only miss passing once or twice..

Official stats say he misplaced 14 passes.

Exactly the same as Jack Cork.
The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 20:01 - May 15 with 1440 viewsPozuelosSideys

Fer was our best player in the first half by some distance. But as mentioned on here, blew up after about 50 minutes. leon was miles off the pace too

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 20:35 - May 15 with 1355 viewsbonymine

The Official Swansea City Versus Manchester City Match Day Thread on 20:01 - May 15 by PozuelosSideys

Fer was our best player in the first half by some distance. But as mentioned on here, blew up after about 50 minutes. leon was miles off the pace too

Leon took a great yellow card for the team otherwise City would have had a very dangerous counter attack.

Leon! Leon!

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024