Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Triallists 19:41 - Jul 12 with 18407 viewsdalestats

Theo Robinson and ecclestone confirmed as triallists.

Poll: Remain in the eu

Triallists on 23:15 - Jul 12 with 4261 viewsTalkingSutty

A lot of positive things about tonight's friendly. Firstly, it wasn't your typical friendly knock about, Fylde are a big tough tackling team and they didn't hold back on the challenges. That's not to say they are a dirty team, they got stuck in and looked decent at times.

I was impressed with Dale from the first whistle and one thing that really stood out was the quick tempo of our game and also the movement of players when not in possession. Some of the interplay and one touch stuff in the final third was great to watch, especially during the Second Half.

Cannon played in midfield during the second half and really stood out in that role, but Henderson looked a Class apart with his first touch and movement and a great finish for his goal. He even excelled in a nice piece of defensive work later on in the game.

We played this fixture on the same date last Season and the difference between both displays was chalk and cheese tonight, they looked as fit as butchers dogs and seemed to have an intensity about them.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2016 23:35]
Triallists on 13:17 - Jul 13 with 3685 viewsseasidedale

Agree, mind best entertainment was their tannoy man, also stood near the dugout and Hilly shouts were hilarious, especially when early in second half he shouted Holness and said I have been telling Beechy that you passed to one of our player.
Triallists on 13:42 - Jul 13 with 3619 viewsTalkingSutty

Triallists on 13:17 - Jul 13 by seasidedale

Agree, mind best entertainment was their tannoy man, also stood near the dugout and Hilly shouts were hilarious, especially when early in second half he shouted Holness and said I have been telling Beechy that you passed to one of our player.

Yep,i heard that.Shame for Holness if it is a bad injury. Just shows how precarious life as a lower league footballer can be. Good luck to him.

Hilly worked hard last night,trying to get his message across. He didn't sit down once during the 90 minutes.
Triallists on 14:52 - Jul 13 with 3490 views442Dale

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rochdale-afc-dale-rafc-pre-

Interesting comments about needing 20 outfield players, with it currently at " a great 14 or 15".

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Triallists on 14:56 - Jul 13 with 3475 viewsfitzochris

Triallists on 14:52 - Jul 13 by 442Dale

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rochdale-afc-dale-rafc-pre-

Interesting comments about needing 20 outfield players, with it currently at " a great 14 or 15".

I read that and thought "great", we're still in the market for five players, but further down Hill almost sounds a little pessimistic in our ability to get this required five with his references to trialists at other clubs and where we are in the loan "food chain". It reads like he has been frustrated in that area so far.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Triallists on 15:09 - Jul 13 with 3445 viewsTVOS1907

Triallists on 14:56 - Jul 13 by fitzochris

I read that and thought "great", we're still in the market for five players, but further down Hill almost sounds a little pessimistic in our ability to get this required five with his references to trialists at other clubs and where we are in the loan "food chain". It reads like he has been frustrated in that area so far.

Agreed.

I thought he sounded really deflated in his interview.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Triallists on 15:18 - Jul 13 with 3421 views442Dale

Triallists on 14:56 - Jul 13 by fitzochris

Wonder what the issues are, the savings made within the budget from players leaving presumably mean we have a decent chunk to play with?

Three players of real quality in each area of the pitch should be the aim.

Triallists on 15:35 - Jul 13 with 3376 viewsnordenblue

Triallists on 15:09 - Jul 13 by TVOS1907

Agreed.

I thought he sounded really deflated in his interview.

That's always a good start to a season...
Login to get fewer ads

Triallists on 15:48 - Jul 13 with 3335 viewsroccydaleian

Triallists on 15:18 - Jul 13 by 442Dale

Wonder what the issues are, the savings made within the budget from players leaving presumably mean we have a decent chunk to play with?

Poor season ticket "sales" ??
Triallists on 16:23 - Jul 13 with 3274 viewsTalkingSutty

Triallists on 15:48 - Jul 13 by roccydaleian

Poor season ticket "sales" ??

It sounded as though Season Ticket Sales have been good though. Like 442 alluded too, we have off loaded a lot of wages since the end of last season so there must be a fair bit of scope to bringing people in, that's why I was surprised when Col posted yesterday suggesting we only needed one more player. How many players have we lost since the end of the season?

It's been very noticeable how many Clubs have been hoovering up players over the last couple of weeks, surely we aren't at the end of the food chain and relying on the dregs. Wages saved on Eastham, Lancashire, Holt, Bennet and Alessandra alone should be enough to finance a few proven players. What about season long loans? Plenty of Clubs are boosting their numbers by going down that route.

If we can't attract decent players to the Club having just finished outside the League One play offs it's a poor show. Like TVOS stated, Hill sounded fed up regarding the shape of his squad when being interviewed.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2016 16:25]
Triallists on 16:56 - Jul 13 with 3200 viewsroccydaleian

Triallists on 16:23 - Jul 13 by TalkingSutty

It sounded as though Season Ticket Sales have been good though. Like 442 alluded too, we have off loaded a lot of wages since the end of last season so there must be a fair bit of scope to bringing people in, that's why I was surprised when Col posted yesterday suggesting we only needed one more player. How many players have we lost since the end of the season?

It's been very noticeable how many Clubs have been hoovering up players over the last couple of weeks, surely we aren't at the end of the food chain and relying on the dregs. Wages saved on Eastham, Lancashire, Holt, Bennet and Alessandra alone should be enough to finance a few proven players. What about season long loans? Plenty of Clubs are boosting their numbers by going down that route.

If we can't attract decent players to the Club having just finished outside the League One play offs it's a poor show. Like TVOS stated, Hill sounded fed up regarding the shape of his squad when being interviewed.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2016 16:25]

Have ST "sales" been good though? Nobody knows how many have been sold, or what the breakdown of the sales are. If the take up for the free kids ST's has been good, that's great but no income. If adults (now including 16 years old) sales are down, that might impact on the budget?
Triallists on 17:49 - Jul 13 with 3091 viewsYorkshire_Dale

If the bitterness shown on here, (of the ST debacle) is reflected in the whole Fanbase then sales must be down?

Perhaps we are skint again.

Surely we have SOME loot to develop the squad.
Triallists on 18:36 - Jul 13 with 3014 views442Dale

Triallists on 17:49 - Jul 13 by Yorkshire_Dale

If the bitterness shown on here, (of the ST debacle) is reflected in the whole Fanbase then sales must be down?

Perhaps we are skint again.

Surely we have SOME loot to develop the squad.

I think bitterness is a bit too negative a word. Most of those who did express concerns and voiced opinion did so with the best interests of the club at heart and much of the constructive criticism could have been taken on board for future decisions around pricing.

Triallists on 18:43 - Jul 13 with 2993 views442Dale

Back to last night, only just remembered while talking to a fellow fan that Vincenti started at right back in the second half. Interesting tactic, maybe to see if he can cover there? We'd have a bloody tall back four if it's used again in the future.

Triallists on 19:00 - Jul 13 with 2943 viewsnordenblue

Triallists on 18:43 - Jul 13 by 442Dale

Back to last night, only just remembered while talking to a fellow fan that Vincenti started at right back in the second half. Interesting tactic, maybe to see if he can cover there? We'd have a bloody tall back four if it's used again in the future.

I'm sure Hilly did that pretty recently with another wide player to teach him about ball retention and not just to attack when in possession,maybe that's the thinking?
It could have been Bunney perhaps?
Triallists on 19:07 - Jul 13 with 2600 viewsColDale

Triallists on 15:18 - Jul 13 by 442Dale

On the assumption of an equal budget to last season, some wages will be taken by wage increases for existing players, but so far I'd say the wages of Lancashire, Rose and Bennett would have been of equal to the wages being paid out to Canavan, McGahey and Rathbone.

Which leaves the wages of Alessandra, Eastham, Reuben, TK and Syers (I reckon Holt's wages was extras found in the pot rather than remaining cash in the budget). At least two of those would have been proper first team starter wages, so i think its entirely feasible to expect at least two or three decent signings before the end of August.

In a Summer where so many potential jobs for Hilly becoming available, I doubt the board would tempt fate by reducing the existing budget.
Triallists on 22:34 - Jul 13 with 2395 viewsrochdaleriddler

if we are rated so highly in developing players, we should have clubs eager to sent their talent to us on loan

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Triallists on 22:43 - Jul 13 with 2372 viewsAtThePeake

Triallists on 19:07 - Jul 13 by ColDale

On the assumption of an equal budget to last season, some wages will be taken by wage increases for existing players, but so far I'd say the wages of Lancashire, Rose and Bennett would have been of equal to the wages being paid out to Canavan, McGahey and Rathbone.

Which leaves the wages of Alessandra, Eastham, Reuben, TK and Syers (I reckon Holt's wages was extras found in the pot rather than remaining cash in the budget). At least two of those would have been proper first team starter wages, so i think its entirely feasible to expect at least two or three decent signings before the end of August.

In a Summer where so many potential jobs for Hilly becoming available, I doubt the board would tempt fate by reducing the existing budget.

It's worth noting that Alessandra wasn't with us for the final few months of the season and the rest (Eastham aside and I fully expect us to sign another centre back), were hardly first team regulars in the final few months of the season.

I think Hilly might be more keen to use the likes of Tanser and Hooper more often in the matchday 16. It's all well and good saying there's money in the budget to spend but if we don't need to, then why bother; what's the point in replacing Reuben for example? As far as I remember, he didn't even make the bench from around February onwards, so why pay someone to sit in the stands?

Tangled up in blue.

Triallists on 22:57 - Jul 13 with 2347 viewsTalkingSutty

Triallists on 22:43 - Jul 13 by AtThePeake

It's worth noting that Alessandra wasn't with us for the final few months of the season and the rest (Eastham aside and I fully expect us to sign another centre back), were hardly first team regulars in the final few months of the season.

I think Hilly might be more keen to use the likes of Tanser and Hooper more often in the matchday 16. It's all well and good saying there's money in the budget to spend but if we don't need to, then why bother; what's the point in replacing Reuben for example? As far as I remember, he didn't even make the bench from around February onwards, so why pay someone to sit in the stands?

You have to replace players and keep up the squad numbers otherwise you aren't progressing. What happens when we pick up injuries and suspensions?

First team players also need competition for their places so every player we release should be replaced by somebody who will be a better option. Otherwise whats the point in showing players like Rose and TK the door.

You named a couple of the younger players but at this stage there's nothing to suggest they are good enough to hold down a first team place. At the moment our squad is a lot weaker than the one that finished last season, thats not even an argument, it's pretty obvious.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2016 22:59]
Triallists on 23:16 - Jul 13 with 2304 viewsAtThePeake

Triallists on 22:57 - Jul 13 by TalkingSutty

You have to replace players and keep up the squad numbers otherwise you aren't progressing. What happens when we pick up injuries and suspensions?

First team players also need competition for their places so every player we release should be replaced by somebody who will be a better option. Otherwise whats the point in showing players like Rose and TK the door.

You named a couple of the younger players but at this stage there's nothing to suggest they are good enough to hold down a first team place. At the moment our squad is a lot weaker than the one that finished last season, thats not even an argument, it's pretty obvious.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2016 22:59]

When was the last time TK actually featured in the starting XI? Again, around February if I remember correctly. I've seen enough from Tanser to argue that we're better off having him in and around the first team squad as back up to McNulty and we're better off giving a young player like him chance to develop rather than having TK ahead of him in the pecking order.

I've hardly seen any of Hooper or Rathbone but I think giving those two players more of a chance to develop (and Cannon, whose natural position is CM I believe) will be Hilly's priority over keeping a 32(?) year old Rose on for another season. He's said before we might not always pick the best available XI because he likes to give players the chance to develop and grow.

I think the squad we have right now is a little bit weaker than it was when we ended last season, but not by too much. We've only lost one player who I would have had in my starting XI towards the end of last season. If we allow the likes of Tanser, Hooper, Cannon etc more game time, then these players may well end the season stronger than our current perception of them is now.

Tangled up in blue.

Triallists on 23:27 - Jul 13 with 2290 viewsYouTubeDale

It was very unusual to see Keith in a downer mood, especially at the start of the season. I am guessing that he was pissed off with the injury to Holness and did Vincenti pick up an injury also?

Reading between the lines I don't think he is bowled over with the trialists. Perhaps also, the players didn't put his training into practice. Although I accept people at the game said we played really well.

I don't know. But something has riled him. Or am I reading too much into his body language?

As regards finance, we have money in the bank if we need to push the boat out, but Keith will want to keep a tight ship and not splash the cash.

At the back of my mind, I am thinking he could be on his way out of the club, but the other side of my brain says that is complete nonsense.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2016 23:29]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Triallists on 23:34 - Jul 13 with 2274 viewsTalkingSutty

Triallists on 23:16 - Jul 13 by AtThePeake

When was the last time TK actually featured in the starting XI? Again, around February if I remember correctly. I've seen enough from Tanser to argue that we're better off having him in and around the first team squad as back up to McNulty and we're better off giving a young player like him chance to develop rather than having TK ahead of him in the pecking order.

I've hardly seen any of Hooper or Rathbone but I think giving those two players more of a chance to develop (and Cannon, whose natural position is CM I believe) will be Hilly's priority over keeping a 32(?) year old Rose on for another season. He's said before we might not always pick the best available XI because he likes to give players the chance to develop and grow.

I think the squad we have right now is a little bit weaker than it was when we ended last season, but not by too much. We've only lost one player who I would have had in my starting XI towards the end of last season. If we allow the likes of Tanser, Hooper, Cannon etc more game time, then these players may well end the season stronger than our current perception of them is now.

You could well be right but Hilly didn't seem to put much faith in them last season. Cannons proved himself i think but the jurys still very much out on Tanser and Hooper at this level.

It's not really a case of 'allowing' them game time, this is a tough league and we need players who have forced their way into the starting eleven. If Hill thinks Tanser and Hooper are suddenly good enough then we have to trust his judgement. If they are in the starting eleven because we are short of options then thats another matter.

By the time the opening game comes around i expect us to have at least another 3 or maybe 4 players in place and this discussion will be redundant.
Triallists on 23:42 - Jul 13 with 2254 viewsTalkingSutty

Triallists on 23:27 - Jul 13 by YouTubeDale

It was very unusual to see Keith in a downer mood, especially at the start of the season. I am guessing that he was pissed off with the injury to Holness and did Vincenti pick up an injury also?

Reading between the lines I don't think he is bowled over with the trialists. Perhaps also, the players didn't put his training into practice. Although I accept people at the game said we played really well.

I don't know. But something has riled him. Or am I reading too much into his body language?

As regards finance, we have money in the bank if we need to push the boat out, but Keith will want to keep a tight ship and not splash the cash.

At the back of my mind, I am thinking he could be on his way out of the club, but the other side of my brain says that is complete nonsense.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2016 23:29]

Maybe he"s getting a bit weary of it all, keep juggling the balls. Sometimes the motivator needs motivating, it's not a good sign with the new season around the corner. One good quality signing will lighten his mood.
Triallists on 00:17 - Jul 14 with 2212 viewsD_Alien

Triallists on 23:42 - Jul 13 by TalkingSutty

Maybe he"s getting a bit weary of it all, keep juggling the balls. Sometimes the motivator needs motivating, it's not a good sign with the new season around the corner. One good quality signing will lighten his mood.

Aren't we all just getting a bit weary of hearing that Hilly's having a hard time?

I've no idea if he is or not. It could be for family reasons, which is fair enough, but if it's about the outcome of our first friendly games he can always check his salary.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Triallists on 06:29 - Jul 14 with 2115 viewsTalkingSutty

Triallists on 00:17 - Jul 14 by D_Alien

Aren't we all just getting a bit weary of hearing that Hilly's having a hard time?

I've no idea if he is or not. It could be for family reasons, which is fair enough, but if it's about the outcome of our first friendly games he can always check his salary.

Fair point, it's not a bad gigg to be fair. I think it's the realisation that we still need plenty of work to shape the squad. Personally, I don't see any of the younger fringe players as being ready for the rigours of league one. They could have been phased in at the back end of last season if that was the case.

We have a decent starting eleven as it stands ( ignoring trialists) but that's about it. We also have a few injuries at present, Bunny, the Centre Half from Sheff Utd , Vincenti., obviously Holness,but I'm not sure if he would have been signed up anyway.

The fact we took Holness to Tenerife with us felt like a big backward step in the progress of the squad and if that's the level that Hills being forced to look at then it's no wonder he's p****d off. I would have rather seen BBM playing at Centre Half.....there I've said it now. I hope he quickly regains fitness and finds himself a Club at National League level, his cameo just prior to his injury confirmed what I already know, he was very slow and left his attacker for a free header on goal from the first corner he faced. His inclusion reminds me a bit of the film 'The Champ', with Hilly ( TJ) pushing him on to restore him to former glories ( wake up Champ), but it was always doomed to fail. Pass me a Hanky!

I was amazed no other Club came knocking for Hills services during the close season maybe that's affected his mood. In a recent interview he made a comment about wanting to go as high as he could with his managerial career and having ambition. It seems establishing Rochdale as a League One Club isn't sexy enough in the eyes of other Clubs on the look out for new managers so unless there is a real hunger throughout the Club to aim for the stars he could be here for the rest of his career, sorry about that Keith but it's looking like a life sentence
[Post edited 14 Jul 2016 7:01]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024