Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Turkey army group announces takeover on TV 22:38 - Jul 15 with 7448 viewsbosh67

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36809083

This year is completely mental.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 22:52 - Jul 15 with 4637 viewsenfieldargh

and so it begins. Blue touch paper lit. Turkish Army I expect to come down hard on Muslim extremists

Could be a bit like the assassination of Franz Joseph.

Just need Trump to get into the White House

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 22:59 - Jul 15 with 4600 viewsHonkytonks

Blown their chances of joining the EU
Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 23:09 - Jul 15 with 4573 viewsjohncharles

Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 22:59 - Jul 15 by Honkytonks

Blown their chances of joining the EU

To put it mildly

Strong and stable my arse.

Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 23:13 - Jul 15 with 4553 viewskensalriser

Regime is saying it's the work of Gulenists, a movement founded by the Turkish cleric Gulen, a former ally of Erdogan and currently in exile in the US.

So looks like one set of right wing Islamist reactionaries against another. Wonderful.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 23:25 - Jul 15 with 4516 viewsloftboy

That's their tourist industry fúcked for the time being

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 23:35 - Jul 15 with 4487 viewsHitch

Boris is on his way to offer advice
Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 23:54 - Jul 15 with 4444 viewsBoston

I hope the inevitable fleeing refugees include some top notch kebab chefs.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 00:20 - Jul 16 with 4411 viewsJigsore

Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 23:13 - Jul 15 by kensalriser

Regime is saying it's the work of Gulenists, a movement founded by the Turkish cleric Gulen, a former ally of Erdogan and currently in exile in the US.

So looks like one set of right wing Islamist reactionaries against another. Wonderful.

iirc one of the aims of the Turkish Military is in fact to adhere to the guidelines of a secular nation as according to the original aims of Ataturk

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Login to get fewer ads

Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 02:04 - Jul 16 with 4318 viewsBoston

Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 00:20 - Jul 16 by Jigsore

iirc one of the aims of the Turkish Military is in fact to adhere to the guidelines of a secular nation as according to the original aims of Ataturk

Difficult to take sides with this one, Regime is a problem, yet we really don't need a democratically elected government overthrown by a faction of the army. Unfortunately for the ideologically blinkered, this leader is popular outside of the cocktail party circuit.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 06:23 - Jul 16 with 4223 viewsvegasranger

Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 02:04 - Jul 16 by Boston

Difficult to take sides with this one, Regime is a problem, yet we really don't need a democratically elected government overthrown by a faction of the army. Unfortunately for the ideologically blinkered, this leader is popular outside of the cocktail party circuit.

What a shame it's falling apart. Now the President can get back to taking powers and making Turkey undemocratic and away from their secular roots.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2016 6:43]
Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 06:58 - Jul 16 with 4199 viewssuttonranger

I'm out here in olu Deniz at the moment
- who wants my season ticket
All very concerning
Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 07:53 - Jul 16 with 4129 viewsDiscodroids

Just watching the news on this , What a pisspoor Coup d'etat.It was like something from that Woody Allen Film 'Bananas' .

who was the tactical generalissimo in charge, Chris Ramsey or Frankie Abbott ?

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 09:12 - Jul 16 with 4027 viewsBrightonhoop

Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 06:58 - Jul 16 by suttonranger

All very concerning

Get home safely Sutton. Can you get out by ferry to Greece? Maybe wiser to sit still for a day or two until it calms down a bit.
Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 10:27 - Jul 16 with 3922 viewssuttonranger

Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 09:12 - Jul 16 by Brightonhoop

Get home safely Sutton. Can you get out by ferry to Greece? Maybe wiser to sit still for a day or two until it calms down a bit.

Cheers BRIGHTON, should be hopefully ok from here ? Leave on weds
Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 10:36 - Jul 16 with 3909 viewsted_hendrix

Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 10:27 - Jul 16 by suttonranger

Cheers BRIGHTON, should be hopefully ok from here ? Leave on weds

Noticed about an hour ago that BA had cancelled flights but Easyjet were still flying in and out of Turkey.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 12:08 - Jul 16 with 3812 viewskensalriser

Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 02:04 - Jul 16 by Boston

Not sure what cocktails have to do with it. Erdogan's a grade A authoritarian who's renounced Turkey's secular constitution, sponsored Islamists fighting Assad and has a taste for repression, confrontation with the Kurds and ending the freedom of the press. Of course he has a popularity base, he's made sure that the socially and religiously conservative demographic in the East is on side but in the process he's created a deeply divided nation.

Military coups rarely end well, however.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 12:17 - Jul 16 with 3793 viewswarrenfox4

I'm in kos at present
We went for dinner last night and the restaurant we went to overlooks turkey (probably as far away as the isle of white from Portsmouth....maybe little further)
There was lots of activity with military and coastguard ships yesterday evening from about 7:00pm local time
The owner said it looked too busy out there .....by the time we arrived back at the hotel it had kicked off

My son was going to bodrum with his mates but decided against it due to the trouble out there so he came away with us
He has been texting them but messages are not going through

3 lads on there first boys holiday....bet they are shitting it

When they eventually get the messages we are going to see if they want to get over to us and we can take it from there

Worlds gone mad all
Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 12:26 - Jul 16 with 3770 viewssuttonranger

Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 12:17 - Jul 16 by warrenfox4

I'm in kos at present
We went for dinner last night and the restaurant we went to overlooks turkey (probably as far away as the isle of white from Portsmouth....maybe little further)
There was lots of activity with military and coastguard ships yesterday evening from about 7:00pm local time
The owner said it looked too busy out there .....by the time we arrived back at the hotel it had kicked off

My son was going to bodrum with his mates but decided against it due to the trouble out there so he came away with us
He has been texting them but messages are not going through

3 lads on there first boys holiday....bet they are shitting it

When they eventually get the messages we are going to see if they want to get over to us and we can take it from there

Worlds gone mad all

Truly mad
The 3 lads will be ok, my daughter was leaving turkey yesterday night when it kicked off, I was worried about her so I guess the lads parents will be. See what happens tonight ?
I had several boys holidays in kardamena, absolutely loved it at the time, feel sorry for the locals with their own invasion
Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 12:39 - Jul 16 with 3751 viewswarrenfox4

Lol Sutton

I've been coming here for around 15 years and have made a fair few friends in bars and restaurants in that time
I went there with a bar owner to collect some bits from his uncle (funny, everyone is related here🤔)
I couldn't believe my eyes....
They must have left there manors at gatwick.....why drink Cans of beer when ice cold beers were on tap
I'm no snob but flipping heck...... They were mental

My kind of holiday when I was 18 I suppose lolololol
Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 14:01 - Jul 16 with 3665 viewsLythamR

Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 12:39 - Jul 16 by warrenfox4

Lol Sutton

I've been coming here for around 15 years and have made a fair few friends in bars and restaurants in that time
I went there with a bar owner to collect some bits from his uncle (funny, everyone is related here🤔)
I couldn't believe my eyes....
They must have left there manors at gatwick.....why drink Cans of beer when ice cold beers were on tap
I'm no snob but flipping heck...... They were mental

My kind of holiday when I was 18 I suppose lolololol

Just about the mickey mousiest Coup of all time

I wouldnt put it past Erdogan to have manufactured this to strengthen his own position. it will certainly have a significant impact on the Turkish tourism sector that has already been massively struggling
Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 14:38 - Jul 16 with 3630 viewsBakes

Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 06:58 - Jul 16 by suttonranger

All very concerning

Another one in Olu Deniz!

Would never had know anything was going on until I got back to my room and had a few missed calls and texts from family asking if I was safe.

Feels no different here, everyone's pretty chilled out about the whole thing, rep told us to carry on as normal.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 15:21 - Jul 16 with 3598 viewssuttonranger

Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 14:38 - Jul 16 by Bakes

Another one in Olu Deniz!

Would never had know anything was going on until I got back to my room and had a few missed calls and texts from family asking if I was safe.

Feels no different here, everyone's pretty chilled out about the whole thing, rep told us to carry on as normal.

THE sun is still shining & The Efes flowing, wouldnt have a clue any thing is happening
Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 16:55 - Jul 16 with 3529 viewswrinklyhoop

Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 14:01 - Jul 16 by LythamR

Just about the mickey mousiest Coup of all time

I wouldnt put it past Erdogan to have manufactured this to strengthen his own position. it will certainly have a significant impact on the Turkish tourism sector that has already been massively struggling

You beat me to it! That should strengthen his position nicely.
Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 17:02 - Jul 16 with 3517 viewskingshill

Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 15:21 - Jul 16 by suttonranger

THE sun is still shining & The Efes flowing, wouldnt have a clue any thing is happening

Great to hear, I fly out to Olu Deniz next Saturday.

Stay safe all
Turkey army group announces takeover on TV on 17:07 - Jul 16 with 3509 viewsBakes

Efes. Now what a drop that is. Translates into Angels piss apparently.

The sky is blue.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024