Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Vaughan 16:02 - Aug 24 with 4956 viewsPDIDDY

Signs for Bury from Brum, any good?

Gissa job

James Vaughan on 16:04 - Aug 24 with 3778 viewsAtThePeake

#CompetitiveBottomFourBudget

Tangled up in blue.

James Vaughan on 16:13 - Aug 24 with 3732 viewsdingdangblue

Norwich paid £2.5 million for him 5 years ago. I remember him scoring for fun for Huddersfield then he got a bad injury and hasn't really been the same. I'm sure Flicker will make him a special human being again with the right dna and synergy.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

James Vaughan on 16:25 - Aug 24 with 3693 viewsroccydaleian

James Vaughan on 16:04 - Aug 24 by AtThePeake

#CompetitiveBottomFourBudget

That wage should help sort out the multi million pounds losses.
James Vaughan on 16:34 - Aug 24 with 3656 viewsPDIDDY

James Vaughan on 16:25 - Aug 24 by roccydaleian

That wage should help sort out the multi million pounds losses.

Think Pope will leave and brown will partner the new lad

Gissa job

James Vaughan on 17:19 - Aug 24 with 3555 viewsmacro

James Vaughan on 16:34 - Aug 24 by PDIDDY

Think Pope will leave and brown will partner the new lad

No goals in 16 months and a huge Salary
James Vaughan on 18:18 - Aug 24 with 3421 views1907

James Vaughan on 17:19 - Aug 24 by macro

No goals in 16 months and a huge Salary

A very impressive statement. Hugely talented goal scorer. Bad injury record and even worse attitude/disciplinary record
James Vaughan on 23:07 - Aug 24 with 3041 viewsTVOS1907

Another one who has joined bury despite interest from Championship clubs. Right...

"I had a good chat with the Chairman and manager for a couple of hours, listened to what they had to say and wanted to be part of the project they've got going on here."

This translates as:

"I had a good chat with the Chairman and manager for a couple of minutes, told them how much I wanted and they remarkably agreed to pay it for the next two years."
[Post edited 24 Aug 2016 23:33]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

James Vaughan on 23:14 - Aug 24 with 3031 viewsD_Alien

James Vaughan on 23:07 - Aug 24 by TVOS1907

Another one who has joined bury despite interest from Championship clubs. Right...

"I had a good chat with the Chairman and manager for a couple of hours, listened to what they had to say and wanted to be part of the project they've got going on here."

This translates as:

"I had a good chat with the Chairman and manager for a couple of minutes, told them how much I wanted and they remarkably agreed to pay it for the next two years."
[Post edited 24 Aug 2016 23:33]

#thejamesvaughanproject

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

James Vaughan on 11:32 - Aug 25 with 2761 viewsaleanddale

Wow another huge salary...

Obviously playing well below his natural level if he has gone to giggle....

For the project??? Ha ha ha ha ha

Giggle lane will be revalued at £10 million before the season is out!!!

2.5 million loss every year for the foreseeable with this type of transfer activity.
James Vaughan on 11:52 - Aug 25 with 2720 viewsdingdangblue

James Vaughan on 11:32 - Aug 25 by aleanddale

Wow another huge salary...

Obviously playing well below his natural level if he has gone to giggle....

For the project??? Ha ha ha ha ha

Giggle lane will be revalued at £10 million before the season is out!!!

2.5 million loss every year for the foreseeable with this type of transfer activity.

They'll be praying he stays fit, scores 20 goals, keeps them up, then sell him next year. Thing is they got lucky with Clarke - will lightening strike twice? Its a risky plan - Vaughan wont be on less than 5k per week.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

James Vaughan on 12:21 - Aug 25 with 2653 views100notout

James Vaughan on 11:52 - Aug 25 by dingdangblue

They'll be praying he stays fit, scores 20 goals, keeps them up, then sell him next year. Thing is they got lucky with Clarke - will lightening strike twice? Its a risky plan - Vaughan wont be on less than 5k per week.

Why a min £5k per week?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

James Vaughan on 12:43 - Aug 25 with 2598 viewsAtThePeake

James Vaughan on 12:21 - Aug 25 by 100notout

Why a min £5k per week?

You'd imagine that if Championship clubs were after him (and they reportedly were) they'd be able to offer 5k at the very least, meaning Bury would have to have offered more to get him.

Tangled up in blue.

James Vaughan on 13:47 - Aug 25 with 2499 viewsmacro

Vaughan’s career has been on a downward spiral, I take with a pinch of salt the Championship comments.

I’d want to know why he’s been binned by Birmingham City after only signing in July
James Vaughan on 13:56 - Aug 25 with 2480 views100notout

James Vaughan on 12:43 - Aug 25 by AtThePeake

You'd imagine that if Championship clubs were after him (and they reportedly were) they'd be able to offer 5k at the very least, meaning Bury would have to have offered more to get him.

agent talk

James Vaughan on 14:35 - Aug 25 with 2438 viewsSaxonDale

If they get Vaughan playing at his best then they've got the best striker in the League. I know that he's been injury prone for the least few seasons and it'll be interesting to see if that's taken something out of his game but without his injury problems he'd probably be playing in the Premiership. Blues fans who are friends of mine said he wasn't short on quality during his time there, things just never really fell for him and he couldn't be promised first team football.

I suppose there are two ways of looking at this. The mercenary part of me thinks Vaughan has gone for a decent pay day and a two year deal, which given his recent injury record will not have been offered at many/any other clubs. On the other hand he could simply be a 28 year old, in the supposed prime of his career after regular first team football.
James Vaughan on 15:00 - Aug 25 with 2393 viewsdingdangblue

James Vaughan on 12:21 - Aug 25 by 100notout

Why a min £5k per week?

Why not?

James Vaughan on 16:12 - Aug 25 with 2340 viewsAtThePeake

For what it's worth re: Championship comments, he was very heavily linked with Burton Albion to the point where some sources had said that he had signed on Twitter.

Admittedly they won't have been offering huge wages but they do have the TV money and Bury will have had to offer more than what they were offering to get him.

He won't be cheap. Was reportedly earning 15k a week whilst at Huddersfield a year or two ago.

Tangled up in blue.

James Vaughan on 16:37 - Aug 25 with 2304 views100notout

James Vaughan on 15:00 - Aug 25 by dingdangblue

Why not?

It just seems that you have plucked an extortionate figure out of the air?

They've been down that road in the past and started to cut their cloth over the summer - not even the chur would be that stupid to pay such amounts again - Burton wouldn't have been offering anything like that amount

James Vaughan on 17:02 - Aug 25 with 2273 viewsaleanddale

James Vaughan on 16:37 - Aug 25 by 100notout

They've been down that road in the past and started to cut their cloth over the summer - not even the chur would be that stupid to pay such amounts again - Burton wouldn't have been offering anything like that amount

Your penultimate line has my sides hurting I laughed that much!!

Walter Mitty will make the same mistakes over and over if he thinks it courts him favour!!
James Vaughan on 20:22 - Aug 25 with 2135 viewsTVOS1907

And this time next year they'll be doing it all over again.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

James Vaughan on 20:45 - Aug 25 with 2102 viewsdingdangblue

'Burton wouldn't have been offering anything like that amount'

And thats why he's gone to bury.

James Vaughan on 21:21 - Aug 25 with 2056 viewsSkiptonDale

James Vaughan on 18:18 - Aug 24 by 1907

A very impressive statement. Hugely talented goal scorer. Bad injury record and even worse attitude/disciplinary record

I've a scouse mate who went to school with him and she says he was a right prick then.
James Vaughan on 07:57 - Aug 26 with 1890 viewsceme_ender

James Vaughan on 21:21 - Aug 25 by SkiptonDale

I've a scouse mate who went to school with him and she says he was a right prick then.

Weve let go a serious amount of goals season, lowe , nardiello, Leon Clarke and Danny rose, its been pretty clear first four games it will be up front we will struggle this season. Rest of squad is pretty solid. Vaughan looks a good signing on paper. He wont be on 5k a week, just another figure you lot like to pluck from thin air, he was earning five k a week on here within an hour of signing. He'll be on a similar wage to Conrad Logan. To the point of him being a prick at school? Leon Clarke has been a prick all of his life but it doesnt stop him scoring a lot of goals. Hopefully Vaughan can get us a similar amount and make sure we remain clear
James Vaughan on 08:35 - Aug 26 with 1839 viewsnordenblue

James Vaughan on 07:57 - Aug 26 by ceme_ender

Weve let go a serious amount of goals season, lowe , nardiello, Leon Clarke and Danny rose, its been pretty clear first four games it will be up front we will struggle this season. Rest of squad is pretty solid. Vaughan looks a good signing on paper. He wont be on 5k a week, just another figure you lot like to pluck from thin air, he was earning five k a week on here within an hour of signing. He'll be on a similar wage to Conrad Logan. To the point of him being a prick at school? Leon Clarke has been a prick all of his life but it doesnt stop him scoring a lot of goals. Hopefully Vaughan can get us a similar amount and make sure we remain clear

Is this like when Chris Eagles was playing for "expenses" only,and Clarke who wasn't on that much even Sheffield Utd couldn't afford his existing wage?
Keep that head of yours firmly in the sand #specialhumanbeings@#enjoytheride
James Vaughan on 08:48 - Aug 26 with 1820 views442Dale

James Vaughan on 07:57 - Aug 26 by ceme_ender

In the last set of accounts, what losses did Bury declare? Also, please post the amount detailed that was spent on wages, presuming that was shown. If not, why wasn't it?

We're happy to believe your players aren't on whatever money, should you illustrate some evidence to back up your opinion.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024