Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else excited about being in the championship? 19:56 - Dec 18 with 7061 viewsel_pancho

Anyone else also actually looking forward to being in the championship next season?

- we'll actually have a chance of competing at the top of the league and winning something

- can actually get a ticket for a match

- better banter and atmospheres

- visiting new grounds

- derby matches

I've accepted relegation now!!

Poll: As things currently stand are Huw Jenkins et al more disliked than Tony Petty?

Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 20:38 - Dec 18 with 1711 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I may have to return to Wales

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 20:43 - Dec 18 with 1695 viewsWingstandwood

Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 20:37 - Dec 18 by perchrockjack

Wonderful chance to grow our club and create more local jobs.

Excited .

Not me

If the club gets relegated I can see a lot of jobs going at the club. I reckon even someone like Lee Trundle and his job may become superfluous to requirement. But there again he does rather seem to have become a PR mouthpiece/subterfuge pusher on behalf of the dirty-doer's.

The local area? I can remember Blackburn Council being absolutely horrified at the prospect for both the local economy and the loss of status/prestige/publicity the Premier League title and association brought to an area.

Argus!

Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 20:44 - Dec 18 with 1684 viewsRevJames

...and we still won't be able to defend from set pieces
Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 20:46 - Dec 18 with 1670 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

strive to be the best, its the prem for me

however a club our size is on borrowed time in this money fueled league

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 20:50 - Dec 18 with 1648 viewsAl_Bundy

We have been punching above our weight for a while now..

Our level is in the Championship in terms of infrastructure , wages and support.

We will find our level soon enough.
Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 20:53 - Dec 18 with 1639 viewsplasjack

Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 20:43 - Dec 18 by Wingstandwood

If the club gets relegated I can see a lot of jobs going at the club. I reckon even someone like Lee Trundle and his job may become superfluous to requirement. But there again he does rather seem to have become a PR mouthpiece/subterfuge pusher on behalf of the dirty-doer's.

The local area? I can remember Blackburn Council being absolutely horrified at the prospect for both the local economy and the loss of status/prestige/publicity the Premier League title and association brought to an area.

Totally agree with you, what Swansea will lose by not being in the P/L is not just money which is important obviously, but worldwide exposure which we will not get if relegated.
But the drawback was we were bought out by our new owners for that very reason.
Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 20:53 - Dec 18 with 1638 viewsunion_jack

I've never known such an absolutely cr@p thread.

Who in their right mind wants to see us go down?

OP says we can compete at the top (which we won't by the way) but what's the point if you don't want to be promoted. To the PL. Which you don't want to be in.

My head hurts!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 20:58 - Dec 18 with 1620 viewsjackjackjackjack

In the 2014/15 season we had £85m from TV, and £19m from match day and commercial income, and the wage bill was £83m. (Guardian article is the source)

I wonder what players, and resources (Fairwood etc), we could afford on a total turnover of £20m?

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 21:01 - Dec 18 with 1604 viewsAnotherJohn

It was very hard to stomach what happened last time we got relegated from the top division. Many thought we would be able to stabilize, but that didn't happen. We went down then because of an awful injury list and lack of money to strengthen in the summer before (our only signing was Dean Saunders as a junior pro). The crying shame this time is that our problems are self-inflicted. We had time to adjust to the PL, we had good money from sales, but we failed to re-invest - all because Huw and company thought they knew it all and saw a route to riches.
Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 21:11 - Dec 18 with 1578 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 21:01 - Dec 18 by AnotherJohn

It was very hard to stomach what happened last time we got relegated from the top division. Many thought we would be able to stabilize, but that didn't happen. We went down then because of an awful injury list and lack of money to strengthen in the summer before (our only signing was Dean Saunders as a junior pro). The crying shame this time is that our problems are self-inflicted. We had time to adjust to the PL, we had good money from sales, but we failed to re-invest - all because Huw and company thought they knew it all and saw a route to riches.

indeed theres that

and they wouldnt go into debt

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 21:16 - Dec 18 with 1562 viewsShonky

There are a few consolations about going back down, but there's no excitement attached to this. I've been trying to work out just what we have to lose now, as in WE.
I mean financially 'the club' gains nothing by staying up. Its not like money is being invested in the team. We have had some new infrastructure so that's something to feel positive about but in terms of playing assets its hard to know where we stand.
So down we go , like Brewsters Millions when he goes out with the clothes he wore when he came in.Down we go with Britton Rangel Taylor et al.

Its just a ride...

Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 21:16 - Dec 18 with 1562 viewsClinton

Up in London this week. Popped into see Fulham vs Derby on Saturday. Friendly Fulham fans, about 3000 noisy travelling Derby fans where I stood with friends, great game. Decent beers in Putney beforehand.
All the good points in the OP ring true.
Don't want to go down, but if it happens so be it.
The only worry is that Fulham played fabulous and if we went up there at the moment, I reckon we'd struggle, and they aren't even in the top six. If that game is anything to go by, the standard in that league is better than when we were last there. Fulhams right back Fredericks looked better than either of ours. A very well taken goal by Derby's Tom Ince of all people showed great quality. Lots to admire from a football fans point of view.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 21:26]

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 21:26 - Dec 18 with 1536 viewsQuakerJack

Loads of local Northern away games for me to go to...

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 21:27 - Dec 18 with 1535 viewsFlashberryjack

Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 20:32 - Dec 18 by jackjackjackjack

It seems like we're both wrong, it's three years.

"From the 2016-17 season relegated clubs will receive 55% of the equal share of broadcast revenue paid to Premier League clubs in the first year after relegation, 45% the following year and 20% in year three."

Seeing as the vast majority of our money comes from TV it's going to be a big hit if we don't get up in the first 2 years. We're not going to be like Newcastle who can hang onto the likes of Shelvey, Rafa and their wages.

I bet the Americans know exactly how much the parachute payments are, and know how to legally get their hands on it.

Why else would they buy us and not invest a single penny ??????

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 21:27 - Dec 18 with 1520 viewsLoyal

Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 21:27 - Dec 18 by Flashberryjack

I bet the Americans know exactly how much the parachute payments are, and know how to legally get their hands on it.

Why else would they buy us and not invest a single penny ??????

We will know in six weeks time for sure.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 21:57 - Dec 18 with 1419 viewsFlashberryjack

Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 21:27 - Dec 18 by Loyal

We will know in six weeks time for sure.

Some of us have the sense to to realize when someone is trying to bum us ............some won't until they feel the pain.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 22:14 - Dec 18 with 1393 viewsjackjackjackjack

Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 21:16 - Dec 18 by Clinton

Up in London this week. Popped into see Fulham vs Derby on Saturday. Friendly Fulham fans, about 3000 noisy travelling Derby fans where I stood with friends, great game. Decent beers in Putney beforehand.
All the good points in the OP ring true.
Don't want to go down, but if it happens so be it.
The only worry is that Fulham played fabulous and if we went up there at the moment, I reckon we'd struggle, and they aren't even in the top six. If that game is anything to go by, the standard in that league is better than when we were last there. Fulhams right back Fredericks looked better than either of ours. A very well taken goal by Derby's Tom Ince of all people showed great quality. Lots to admire from a football fans point of view.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 21:26]

The trouble is Fulham are losing £30m a year. What kind of state will Swansea be in 5 years if we try to compete with the likes of Fulham?

Source for Fulham's losses: http://www.standard.co.uk/business/fulham-fc-cuts-losses-after-player-sales-a322

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 22:15 - Dec 18 with 1389 viewsPrivate_Partz

Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 20:43 - Dec 18 by Wingstandwood

Yeh you are right. It is much worse than just dropping down a league. I am not looking forward to it at all and I have no confidence in the current set up launching a promotion bid either . In fact I can see us dropping further with these clueless useless fools in charge.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 22:17 - Dec 18 with 1376 viewsIeuanIvett98

The championship is just as, if not more competitive than the PL. There are pros to relegation but we won't be competing to win anything as it is.

Poll: Would you sacrifice Premier League status to be in the right hands?

Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 22:21 - Dec 18 with 1360 viewsShonky

Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 22:17 - Dec 18 by IeuanIvett98

The championship is just as, if not more competitive than the PL. There are pros to relegation but we won't be competing to win anything as it is.

I suspect it will be a Norwich/Soton/Wigan scenario. Straight through Championship to League 1. Bounce from there. As long as we dont follow Blackpool or Pompey.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 22:21]

Its just a ride...

Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 23:13 - Dec 18 with 1283 viewsSwanseajill

The stadium rules will be relaxed if we are in the championship, I'll be able to walk past the press in the west stand after full time whistle goes...just one of the rules to stop me attacking one of them.😔
Maybe Tim will be able to hang his flag in the west too.

Or, less phone messages from outside our area, from people who are interested in Swansea's results.

Nah, I would rather stay where we are. C'mon you bunch of fairies, pull your fingers out and fight..on the pitch...for the fans.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 23:18]
Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 23:30 - Dec 18 with 1253 viewsWhiterockin

Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 20:16 - Dec 18 by shandyjack

Nope, spent too many years watching us in the duldrems to look forward to us going back there

TBH The Championship is not the doldrums, 10-15 years ago I would have bitten your arm off for the The Championship with the chance of a cup run and promotion. We have forgotten where we have come from and our roots.
Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 23:41 - Dec 18 with 1248 viewsMurph75

F00king hell we're only 3 points from safety with half a season to go! We've only lost 1 out of the last 4 at home and that was against Man Utd.

I'm just hoping he's not found that winning formula away
Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 04:50 - Dec 19 with 1175 viewsphact0rri

Not looking forward to the lack of Television coverage.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 08:40 - Dec 19 with 1121 viewsjack247

Anyone else excited about being in the championship? on 23:41 - Dec 18 by Murph75

F00king hell we're only 3 points from safety with half a season to go! We've only lost 1 out of the last 4 at home and that was against Man Utd.

I'm just hoping he's not found that winning formula away

We are a long way from dead and buried, it's just the way we look like going under Bob. This situation is far from irretrievable under a competent top level manager
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024