Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
talk sport and Les 13:54 - Dec 28 with 34304 viewsmacclesfieldman

talk sport discussing QPR this morning and wanted to talk to LF but Les said he was too poorly with a flu to take a telephone call. Bless.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

talk sport and Les on 11:00 - Dec 30 with 2097 viewsNeil_SI

talk sport and Les on 10:39 - Dec 30 by 2Thomas2Bowles

You optimism on making any sort of profit (selling a valuable asset) from those players is I fear that you have been drinking to much port over the hoildays, fuddles your sence of reality.

I do love a good port. :)

Let's wait and see then. I think you're more frustrated and concerned (rightly so) by what is simply bad form. Form comes and goes, for both individuals and teams. Those in football aren't fooled by this, they can see through it and will know if somebody adds value or not.

There are also levels to selling players. The club went through a long period of literally not being able to sell anybody at all, partly because the players did not have any potential or resale value attached to them, and anybody who might have were overpaid, and therefore unattractive.

We have made strides in these areas. We managed to sell Leroy Fer and Matt Phillips for money and make a small loss overall on the pair of them, whereas previously we were only able to allow players to run down their contracts and leave on a free.

Even better, and the more telling sign, is we sold Cole Kpekawa to Barnsley earlier this summer.

Can you remember the last time we sold a youth player or youngster for decent money? It's not always about the high hitters, it's about revenue streams from all levels, which proves you are a club that can develop players that are worth investing in. The time we invest in our squad needs to produce value, whether it's here at the club and in the first-team, or by moving them on if they no longer have a place here. Manchester United and Arsenal have mastered this over the years, producing a steady stream of professional grade players that other clubs end up purchasing and there are plenty of other clubs around the divisions who also have reputations for doing the same.

We need to become one of those clubs too, and we don't always have to make a massive profit to be defined as a success in this area. If you become a good, reputable club, it filters through everything and becomes a more attractive club to play for in the first place.

On the topic of mistakes, Ferdinand allowed Steve Gallen to leave, which could be argued was a mistake. Gallen worked under horrible constraints throughout the years, but he managed to instil discipline and professionalism in many kids that have started to blossom and come through. He did that with very little resources and support, so in effect, proved his "skills". You wonder what he might have achieved with more backing and it's a pity we'll never know. But in football, people like Gallen may well end up back here in the future.

Having said that, despite all the hostility towards Chris Ramsey, he is proven in that area and one of the most highly thought of coaches in the country when it comes to the development of younger players, so lets hope he can take the next batch of kids and some of the current ones to the next level. I've no doubt his input will also help those players, and while I am not ready to rant and rave about any of the kids coming through at the moment, I am pleasantly surprised by some of them and how well they've coped to date.

If we continue along this path, we'll have players who have resale value across the divisions, and that's an important stepping stone for us and restablishing ourselves as a club that can function properly from top to bottom.
talk sport and Les on 11:00 - Dec 30 with 2094 viewspaulparker

talk sport and Les on 09:23 - Dec 30 by Neil_SI

I just don't care what division we're in anymore mate. I don't find it that important, it's not the be all and end all for me when it comes to football or QPR anymore (and I've changed dramatically over the years when it used to be all about results for me).

Some people will say relegation is a disaster, but if it meant Fernandes sold up and left (not that it would happen, who would be stupid enough to buy?), that would be like winning the Champions League to me. Nice guy and all, but he's always been the real problem and the person responsible.

I'm not sure what your last comment means, but to spell it out and make it clear for you. I'm a fan of Warnock, Ramsey, Ferdinand and Holloway, all for different reasons.

Gosh that sounds like I'm a fan and a supporter. What must I be thinking? Let me balance that out and meet MB protocol by saying I was neither here or there about JFH, and not a fan, at all, of Fernandes.

On pitch performances and results were always going to be tricky for anybody in this transitional phase. It's a bad spell at the moment, obviously, and unfortunately that's the most important thing for most rather than the bigger picture and overall health and foundation of the club.

Maybe some day I'll care solely about performances and results, but until those foundations are back in place, and Fernandes goes (and we get someone much better in) it really doesn't matter.

I think Ferdinand's doing a very reasonable job in the circumstances. He's made mistakes, sure, but they need to be judged properly along with the good things he's done over a longer period of time. I get why some think he isn't doing a good job, but I hold a different view.

Clear?

you may not care what league we are in but this current group of bottlers wouldn't be a cracking little team in fact this group wouldn't be even mid table in league 1 , relegation would almost certainly see us start again with even more signings from our DOF ,
What I will agree with you on is that fernades has been an utter disarster here and still continues to be , the day he clears off cannot come quick enough for QPR , I still cannot work out how we haven't been on the pitch protesting against this clown, even briatore didn't make as much of a mess of it than TF has

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

talk sport and Les on 11:20 - Dec 30 with 2045 viewsdaveB

talk sport and Les on 10:37 - Dec 30 by PinnerPaul

Don't expect anyone to believe me, but Warnock would have stayed but for Les.

To be fair it wasn't Les himself he had a problem with, it was the DOF role - like many "old school" managers, Harry included, he didn't see the point of it.

Comes from an excellent source I have known for many years, but can't reveal who that is, so don't expect anyone to lend much credence to it, but its true nonetheless.

which is hilarious as he spent two years saying clubs needed a director of football as a go between to help the manager out and that was the role he wanted
talk sport and Les on 11:23 - Dec 30 with 2034 viewsdaveB

talk sport and Les on 10:47 - Dec 30 by PinnerPaul

Agree, must be SOMETHING wrong with the "system" as we haven't exactly signed many "gems" using this method.

How many gems did we sign before we used this method, Austin, Phillips and err ummm
talk sport and Les on 11:23 - Dec 30 with 2032 viewsNeil_SI

talk sport and Les on 11:00 - Dec 30 by paulparker

you may not care what league we are in but this current group of bottlers wouldn't be a cracking little team in fact this group wouldn't be even mid table in league 1 , relegation would almost certainly see us start again with even more signings from our DOF ,
What I will agree with you on is that fernades has been an utter disarster here and still continues to be , the day he clears off cannot come quick enough for QPR , I still cannot work out how we haven't been on the pitch protesting against this clown, even briatore didn't make as much of a mess of it than TF has

Yeah I think this is where we agree, but also where we differ.

For me, in any company, everything comes from top-down. If the person (or people) at the top doesn't set the right attitude, direction, tone and environment, then it will filter right the way through from top to bottom eventually.

That's kinda why I'm not so fussed about anything else, and that's materialised over a period of years, where I had hope initially that those beneath Fernandes would be able to sort it out for him, but I just don't think that will really happen and I don't think Fernandes is capable of learning lessons, as he's tried to claim in the past.

But I am thankful that Ferdinand is there and trying for the right reasons. I think he, and hopefully Lee Hoos, can stabilise and rationalise many areas of the club that need it. It's been a play thing for too long for rich owners, and they don't know any better as they inherited a badly damaged club from Paladini's era as it was. You hope they can educate upwards, if they can't, well, we'll just go through another cycle of staff and players and pick on the next ones, I guess.

If they can put some foundations in place, maybe, just maybe, we'd become attractive to someone else willing to buy Fernandes and co out.
talk sport and Les on 11:26 - Dec 30 with 2019 viewsPunteR

talk sport and Les on 11:20 - Dec 30 by daveB

which is hilarious as he spent two years saying clubs needed a director of football as a go between to help the manager out and that was the role he wanted

Yeh that's what I thought too. Didn't he want Malcy McKay to take over as manager and for Warnock to move upstairs?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

talk sport and Les on 11:35 - Dec 30 with 1989 viewsDannytheR

talk sport and Les on 11:26 - Dec 30 by PunteR

Yeh that's what I thought too. Didn't he want Malcy McKay to take over as manager and for Warnock to move upstairs?

Yep.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leeds-boss-neil-warnoc

"But Warnock went even further, revealing that he wanted Mackay to actually succeed him at Loftus Road.

“I would like to have kept QPR up and got him the job,” said the managerial veteran. “I told the board he was the next best thing since sliced bread.""
talk sport and Les on 11:44 - Dec 30 with 1966 viewsqprewan

talk sport and Les on 01:27 - Dec 30 by PunteR

Ive been thinking about qprewans post. There maybe an element of truth in there somewhere.. but what is his post achieving?
I agree on everything he says on this thread
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/141589/so-whos-up-
I just dont get the regurgitating of an issue that serves no purpose other than to disrupt the rebuilding process which qprewan happily agreed to go along with in the first place.
We havnt been on a downwards spiral since Ferdinand rocked up but its since Fernandes turned up. I honestly cant understand why its so hard for people to understand that.
I'm also amazed at how so many fans dont want Ferdinand working for QPR ,a QPR legend ,who spent the best part of his career here and has always had good things to say about the club but would take the word of the Cardiff Manager who was here 2 years and is the master bullshitter over Ferdinand who is visibly doing what most fans wanted while working under a useless chairman.
Its not working now, of course its not working now because the goalposts keep getting moved by the owners.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 1:31]

Hey I still stand by that piece but there is nothing in there that means that I can't be critical of Les Ferdinand as well. As it happens I don't mind dropping down to League 1. My point yesterday was raised because many on here were in my view praising Les Ferdinand wrongly. I am not the only one; yes I would have taken NW back last year wouldn't a lot of us on here? I think the players we have brought in have been dreadful so I give Les no kudos for that at all...no fighters no passion...JFH almost stopped me coming to football at all so no kudos for that either. .Les also did his best to keep CR. Of course most of the problems at the club are not down to him at all...but I still don't see any evidence of him doing a great job since he's been there.
Login to get fewer ads

talk sport and Les on 11:53 - Dec 30 with 1941 views2Thomas2Bowles

I as many would have, thought of LF as a great player and not just for us.

But I don't buy in to this, he is doing it for the love of QPR with a vision of the good old days.

The days of clubs like Burnley and Crewe doing it are long gone and it's swimming against the tide

Clubs like Chelscum buy up any real young talent that's about and suffocates it.

The only place that works now days is in none league and so far that sums up LF level as a DOF

Sure spending money like Hughes did is also not the answer, you need some middle ground and we don't have that, we just have a bunch of hopefuls, has beens or never were.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

talk sport and Les on 12:00 - Dec 30 with 1910 viewsdaveB

talk sport and Les on 11:53 - Dec 30 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I as many would have, thought of LF as a great player and not just for us.

But I don't buy in to this, he is doing it for the love of QPR with a vision of the good old days.

The days of clubs like Burnley and Crewe doing it are long gone and it's swimming against the tide

Clubs like Chelscum buy up any real young talent that's about and suffocates it.

The only place that works now days is in none league and so far that sums up LF level as a DOF

Sure spending money like Hughes did is also not the answer, you need some middle ground and we don't have that, we just have a bunch of hopefuls, has beens or never were.

Then what should we do? Throw money at it again and hope for the best.

Burnley have shown this is the right model for a club our size, Bournemouth have done it pretty well, they have spent a lot been has been on younger players with sell on value who see Bournenmouth as a career opportunity rather than a place to top up the pension. They have spent more as they went up through the levels, we could easily do the same.

Chelsea may well snap up all the best 12-16 year olds but we need to be in a position to snap them up at 17/18 when they want first team football
talk sport and Les on 12:01 - Dec 30 with 1968 viewsLongsufferingR

talk sport and Les on 11:44 - Dec 30 by qprewan

Hey I still stand by that piece but there is nothing in there that means that I can't be critical of Les Ferdinand as well. As it happens I don't mind dropping down to League 1. My point yesterday was raised because many on here were in my view praising Les Ferdinand wrongly. I am not the only one; yes I would have taken NW back last year wouldn't a lot of us on here? I think the players we have brought in have been dreadful so I give Les no kudos for that at all...no fighters no passion...JFH almost stopped me coming to football at all so no kudos for that either. .Les also did his best to keep CR. Of course most of the problems at the club are not down to him at all...but I still don't see any evidence of him doing a great job since he's been there.

This is all fine, and very different from how you put your point across earlier. You don't rate the job he is doing, others do. That's fine, but to blame LF's ego and to take the word of NW blindly when he was spinning a story to suit his agenda is what wound people up.
talk sport and Les on 12:02 - Dec 30 with 1959 viewsDejR_vu

talk sport and Les on 10:34 - Dec 30 by daveB

I’d agree Hoos is doing a good job as well but won’t be long before he is a target, season ticket prices come out soon which should end his popularity.

I think if you judge Ferdinand on league position when he took over and now then of course he’s a disaster but as I’ve said before this was coming whether he came in or not, I don’t think sticking with Redknapp back in 2015 would have kept us up and seen us prosper, we were heading this way. I personally still don’t think we’ll go down this season but we need to buck our ideas up quickly.

For me the things Ferdinand deserves credit for are creating that pathway from the academy to the first team, that has not existed at QPR since Waddock left in 2006 when if a kid was good enough he'd get a chance. We'd have signed at least 6 more players last summer under the previous regime to be back up rather than use youth players as back up. Now we have youth team players comg into the team, they are being loaned out with a purpose to gain experience so they can either come back and play for us or be moved on and become professional footballers. Quite a few are doing well now and you have to give some of the credit for that to Steve Gallen who brought through a lot of these kids but none of them would have got anywhere near the team before Ferdinand came in and encouraged managers to look within for players and said no to the continuation of short term fixes which were creating this long term problem.

He's increased the money put into the academy on scouting players as well as coaching which was needed, it needs a hell of a lot more to even catch up with Brentford but it's been a step in the right direction.

Also think he deserves credit for changing the type of players we sign, we've gone away from big names and big money to signing younger players with potential so the plan is basically what QPR used to be, buy from lower leagues, develop them so they do well for us then sell at a profit. It’s what we did as far back as Rodney Marsh and Stan Bowles and later with Ferdinand, Sinton, Parker, Seaman etc. I don’t for a second think any of the current lot are on the same planet as those players but the idea of trying to do it this way rather than sign a 30 year old on a 4 year contract and replace him within 6 months was never going to be sustainable and has been the way at QPR for a decade.

Clearly not every signing has worked and both good and bad I don’t think every signing is solely down to Ferdinand so just as daft to give him credit for Smithies as it is to slate him for Perch. He’s set out the type of players the club will sign in terms of age and price but ultimately the players who sign are down to the manager.

It’s a very difficult model to make successful these days due to bosman so successes in recent years like Smithies and Chery won’t be sold for as much as you’d want due to them coming to the end of their contracts but it’s the only way a club our size can survive and prosper so we get into a position where we can keep players for longer and when we sell them they go for big money which can be reinvested.

Looking at this squad I don’t think it’s a relegation one and with some clever signings in January it’s a squad that could really improve and learn from these bad times but of course if we go down then Ferdinand and whoever the manager is would probably have to go. To get relegated having spent decent money is unacceptable. I’d just hope the changes Ferdinand has made would be continued if he left rather than us going back to the madhouse of throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks.

'He's increased the money put into the academy on scouting players as well as coaching which was needed, it needs a hell of a lot more to even catch up with Brentford but it's been a step in the right direction.'

Brentford don't have an academy
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 12:02]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

talk sport and Les on 12:02 - Dec 30 with 1958 viewsrsonist

talk sport and Les on 10:47 - Dec 30 by DannytheR

It's social media reality. If a fact doesn't fit how you see the situation, you just pretend it doesn't exist.

On the one hand, nothing the club does or says is to be trusted.

On the other, Neil Warnock (or an elderly lesbian PE teacher who looks a bit like him) told a starry-eyed bloke in a Brighton hotel that Les Ferdinand bullied him out of the club and is "the puppet master" of QPR. So that's a proven FACT.

Having had a look through the thread, I've been lucky enough to finally discover some other facts that were impeding my understanding of the last few years at QPR. Now, thank God, I realise that:

Les Ferdinand signs all the players, except the good ones.
Nobody knows who signs those ones, but it's probably Lee Hoos. Or Neil Warnock, during the four games he came back for, when we played like Holland circa 74 and won every game 6-0.
Les Ferdinand chooses to work with a massively restricted playing budget, and has repeatedly refused the bottomless pit of cash Harry Redknapp and Mark Hughes were given, because it doesn't suit his agenda. He also personally fabricated the existence of Financial Fair Play, getting Chris Ramsey to buy the ring binders at the big Rymans on King Street. (He keeps his agenda in one too).
Les Ferdinand picks the team, especially when we lose, and Chris Ramsey helps him do it, personally insisting that we pick Karl Henry apart from when we don't, which only happens when Les Ferdinand is off watching Tottenham.
JFH, now that we think of it, was only a poor manager because of the terrible players Les Ferdinand made us sign. (Remember: not the good ones). Unless he was a sh*t manager specifically appointed by Les Ferdinand to further his agenda (see above).
Neil Warnock signing Joey Barton and Shaun Wright Phillips was a golden age for QPR and we've been going downhill ever since. But he only signed them because of Flavio Briatore anyway. If he'd just had a little bit of backing that summer he had deals in place for Gareth Bale, Luis Suarez and Pele.
Harry Redknapp and Mark Hughes were good managers doing their best under difficult circumstances, or were never really here in the first place, but either way Les Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey took a young, hungry and successful team doing brilliantly in the Premiership, relegated it, and made a string of unkind comments about Clint Hill's hairdo in the changing room afterwards that made him feel unwelcome at the club.
Charlie Austin was desperate to go to Leicester and earn the club a £12m transfer fee until Les Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey stopped him, unless he wanted to loyally see out the final year of his contract and win us another promotion, in which case Les Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey made him tell them he now wanted a transfer to Southampton in January with only six months left on his contract.
Despite Tony Fernandes having a clear and well-established habit of making football decisions to curry favour with the fans, using their social media communication with him to decide on everything from the courting of Paul Clement to the hiring of Ian Holloway, the fans have nothing to do with anything bad that happens at the club. We're all brilliant, apart from the wnkers who support Les Ferdinand, who are probably secretly all Tottenham fans only here for the glory.
Neil Warnock has had a season ticket at Rangers since 1958, tells the fans of every club he manages that his one true love in football is QPR, and doesn't really look like an elderly lesbian PE teacher.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 10:49]

Now this is the post of the year. Tremendous.
talk sport and Les on 12:05 - Dec 30 with 1949 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

talk sport and Les on 11:00 - Dec 30 by paulparker

Why does it make you so angry PP? Or anyone for that matter?

I care about QPR too but I really don't get to the point you and others do on here. I've bit a few times when I shouldn't have, but that is after some prolonged digging out or being called a paedophile sympathiser. And each time i've realised what a t wat i've been.

I've seen Neil, Clive, DaveB, and a few others at loads of away games (i'm like a LFW stalker) but they never seem to get as ruffled as some of those reading the match thread in front of their laptop from the comfort of their armchair. DaveB writes great stuff for AKUTRs (I presume thats him) and Clive obviously spends untold time on this site, the podcast, and AKUTRs occasionally.

I'm no superfan. I have season ticket and get to around 5 to 10 away games a season. I used to get to 90% of away games but now i'm not single and have changed my job I cant commit to 40 odd games a season like I did in my 20s. Call me a fair weather if you like.

Everyone has a right to criticise, wether your a 50 game a season man or based in New Zealand, but jesus some of the stuff I read on here from people who've only watched a handful of sky games or a dodgy stream you'd think that a QPR loss takes food out of their kid's mouthes.

As Neil said, who really gives a shit what division we are in. I support QPR because we're not Chelsea. When a loss hurts more than a win it's time to support a big club and joint ranks of new scarf w ankers that film half the match on their iPads. QPR are treating the fans properly for once, unlike not so long ago. That was the last time I got as angry as you and others are now. Ironically this was the only second and third time in my lifetime that we was relatively 'successful'.

Anyway, I know you don't give a shit what I think and have probably stopped reading, but if I were you i'd try and enjoy it and remember how things used to be when you went to QPR for the craic and not the performance or result. If you're waiting for a major trophy or respect from your mates in regards to QPR then I pity you.

Anyway have a nice NY. I'm doing a semi flounce as I could have written 100 best selling novels in the time I spend on here. My missus tells me i'm wasting my time. I tell her to piss off because i'm busy posting about Goats. I'll be giving it a rest for a while for more productive 2017 and to relieve the pain that comes with reading the poisonous knee jerk reactions of fans who don't even attend. For the record, that isn't a dig at all people who can't or don't go. I love reading the bile free opinions from the majority of you.

Apologies to Clive who'll now have to heat his swimming pool some other way now i've reduced the traffic by 50%.

Baz.
talk sport and Les on 12:13 - Dec 30 with 1927 views2Thomas2Bowles

talk sport and Les on 12:00 - Dec 30 by daveB

Then what should we do? Throw money at it again and hope for the best.

Burnley have shown this is the right model for a club our size, Bournemouth have done it pretty well, they have spent a lot been has been on younger players with sell on value who see Bournenmouth as a career opportunity rather than a place to top up the pension. They have spent more as they went up through the levels, we could easily do the same.

Chelsea may well snap up all the best 12-16 year olds but we need to be in a position to snap them up at 17/18 when they want first team football

As I said it's a mix

If it's worked for Burnley and Bournemouth how come someone like LF, being as good as some on here are saying can't do it.

Do you remember years ago when Charlton were doing so well and everyone was saying that's the model we should looking to be, well we are heading their way now.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 12:14]

talk sport and Les on 12:14 - Dec 30 with 1925 viewsDannytheR

It's funny, the one thing I genuinely don't see for all the foot stamping about Ferdinand is actually any sense of what's supposed to improve when he's gone.

Seriously. People want Holloway making all the football decisions, answering only to Fernandes? Holloway, who let's be honest, looks like he's teetering on the brink already, and whose decisions after just 7 games have baffled and increasingly alarmed even people who were delighted to see him come back?

Or do people just want Warnock again, so it's like 2011 forever, only this time with no Adel and no transfer budget. What, the Neil Warnock I see being quoted on the BBC Cardiff page right this second?

"Club 'must buy players' or risk the drop - Warnock." ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38460745)

What a fking shocker.

There's no money anymore. We fkd it. Fernandes fkd it. That's the single hard, unpleasant fact in the background of everything going on now at the club which some people seem to have a problem grasping. With or without a DOF, whoever the manager is, there is no more cash raining from the heavens for fees and wages, and six years after Fernandes took over we still have the same non-league training facilities with which to dazzle prospective signings.

But no, get rid of Ferdinand (and his mate Ramsey of course), and somehow with the right man in charge, reporting only to our usually absentee, easily distracted owners, we'll have a team of passionate (i.e. screaming, shouting, badge-kissing) leaders, assembled on a budget of nothing and headed back to some more brilliant days out in the Premiership. Ace.

I *genuinely* don't understand. Enlighten me. Seriously. Who or what is the plan, lads?
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 12:16]
talk sport and Les on 12:15 - Dec 30 with 1915 viewsDorse

talk sport and Les on 12:14 - Dec 30 by DannytheR

It's funny, the one thing I genuinely don't see for all the foot stamping about Ferdinand is actually any sense of what's supposed to improve when he's gone.

Seriously. People want Holloway making all the football decisions, answering only to Fernandes? Holloway, who let's be honest, looks like he's teetering on the brink already, and whose decisions after just 7 games have baffled and increasingly alarmed even people who were delighted to see him come back?

Or do people just want Warnock again, so it's like 2011 forever, only this time with no Adel and no transfer budget. What, the Neil Warnock I see being quoted on the BBC Cardiff page right this second?

"Club 'must buy players' or risk the drop - Warnock." ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38460745)

What a fking shocker.

There's no money anymore. We fkd it. Fernandes fkd it. That's the single hard, unpleasant fact in the background of everything going on now at the club which some people seem to have a problem grasping. With or without a DOF, whoever the manager is, there is no more cash raining from the heavens for fees and wages, and six years after Fernandes took over we still have the same non-league training facilities with which to dazzle prospective signings.

But no, get rid of Ferdinand (and his mate Ramsey of course), and somehow with the right man in charge, reporting only to our usually absentee, easily distracted owners, we'll have a team of passionate (i.e. screaming, shouting, badge-kissing) leaders, assembled on a budget of nothing and headed back to some more brilliant days out in the Premiership. Ace.

I *genuinely* don't understand. Enlighten me. Seriously. Who or what is the plan, lads?
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 12:16]

Don't tell him, Pike!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

talk sport and Les on 12:17 - Dec 30 with 1906 views2Thomas2Bowles

Well if the club ever was sold the first ones any new owner would show the door is LF and CR
So Dave and Neil, what's it to be.
TF and you keep those two or new owners.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 12:21]

talk sport and Les on 12:20 - Dec 30 with 1894 viewsClive_Anderson

Don't really understand the hate for Warnock on here. It seems obvious that they could have got him to stay last time by twisting his arm, but the management seemed to have other ideas and didn't want a "short term measure".

I remember saying I bet he's still in management longer than Hasslebaink is at the club, but got shot down on here with talk of five year plans etc. As if any manager is at a club for five years these days.

Also don't understand why people think he couldn't have done a job here, he did very well at Rotherham with even less money/resources last season. It just seems people desperate to prove a point about something, although I've no idea what that point could possibly be.
talk sport and Les on 12:30 - Dec 30 with 1845 viewsNeil_SI

talk sport and Les on 12:17 - Dec 30 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Well if the club ever was sold the first ones any new owner would show the door is LF and CR
So Dave and Neil, what's it to be.
TF and you keep those two or new owners.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 12:21]

I've spoken about sacrifices that need to be made in the past. I'd take new owners all day long above anything else, without question.

There's no guarantee it would be any better, because there appears to be a lack of competent owners in football overall, or any with pockets big enough to salvage a mess like ours, and let's face it, you'd have to be pretty brainless to invest in football in the main. Even more so if it's us.

I would love to see local, QPR supporting owners again, in the mould of Bill Power and co. I think we'd really benefit from that, and having an owner around and fully 100% focused on the job at hand.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 12:32]
talk sport and Les on 12:31 - Dec 30 with 1843 viewsPinnerPaul

talk sport and Les on 11:20 - Dec 30 by daveB

As I said Dave, expect most to take my post and ignore it, but that is what I was told by someone I've known for a long time with no axe to grind either way - they are a long time friend of NW, but don't support the Rs.

I'm pretty ambivalent towards Les - not exactly pulled up many trees, but agree with you in so much as laying the blame for all our ills at his door is a nonsense.

As for NW, would be be where we are with him in charge - probably not.

Would we be in the top 6 - probably not and as Clive as pointed out, the few games he was in sole charge we played more negatively than we ever did under JFH, whose sacking, IMHO, is looking a bigger mistake as each day passes.
talk sport and Les on 12:33 - Dec 30 with 1834 viewsPinnerPaul

talk sport and Les on 11:23 - Dec 30 by daveB

How many gems did we sign before we used this method, Austin, Phillips and err ummm

Agree and at least with this system, they are cheaper duds, rather than the ridiculously expensive duds under the the "Do you want Mark/Harry" system.
talk sport and Les on 12:33 - Dec 30 with 1830 viewsdaveB

talk sport and Les on 12:13 - Dec 30 by 2Thomas2Bowles

As I said it's a mix

If it's worked for Burnley and Bournemouth how come someone like LF, being as good as some on here are saying can't do it.

Do you remember years ago when Charlton were doing so well and everyone was saying that's the model we should looking to be, well we are heading their way now.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 12:14]

It didn't happen for Burnley and Bournemouth over night, took them years to get it right. Same with Southampton, they were an even bigger shambles than us 7 years ago.

I'd agree we need a mix and I don't think we've got that balance right yet which is why January is so important.

I'm not even saying Ferdinand is brilliant at his job as he's not, I just think he's better than what went before him (not hard admittedly) and I support what he is trying to do and would like to give it time to work. If he goes I would hope he would be replaced and the club would continue with this philosophy.
talk sport and Les on 12:37 - Dec 30 with 1813 views2Thomas2Bowles

talk sport and Les on 12:30 - Dec 30 by Neil_SI

I've spoken about sacrifices that need to be made in the past. I'd take new owners all day long above anything else, without question.

There's no guarantee it would be any better, because there appears to be a lack of competent owners in football overall, or any with pockets big enough to salvage a mess like ours, and let's face it, you'd have to be pretty brainless to invest in football in the main. Even more so if it's us.

I would love to see local, QPR supporting owners again, in the mould of Bill Power and co. I think we'd really benefit from that, and having an owner around and fully 100% focused on the job at hand.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 12:32]

What what
Bill Power and Paladini with guns in the boardroom again

You old romantic

talk sport and Les on 12:39 - Dec 30 with 1809 viewsNeil_SI

talk sport and Les on 12:37 - Dec 30 by 2Thomas2Bowles

What what
Bill Power and Paladini with guns in the boardroom again

You old romantic

Oh God, not Paladini. :P