Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jim McNulty 19:51 - Jan 21 with 5798 viewsdale2012

Is it a coincidence that whenever Jim McNulty plays in the back four we seem to ship in goals. I thought he was all over the place again today. Keane was a big loss.
Jim McNulty on 19:52 - Jan 21 with 5310 viewssandy_dale

He's been in the back four all season you absolute turnip
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 12:42]
Jim McNulty on 19:53 - Jan 21 with 5299 viewsjudd

Where was he playing when we won all those games at home before today?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Jim McNulty on 19:55 - Jan 21 with 5281 viewsdale2012

Jim McNulty on 19:52 - Jan 21 by sandy_dale

He's been in the back four all season you absolute turnip
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 12:42]

Do you think he played well today?
Jim McNulty on 19:57 - Jan 21 with 5262 viewsjudd

Jim McNulty on 19:55 - Jan 21 by dale2012

No. No one did except Rafferty in my opinion but Jim did not cost us the game..

Poll: What is it to be then?

Jim McNulty on 19:59 - Jan 21 with 5249 viewsdale2012

Jim McNulty on 19:57 - Jan 21 by judd

No. No one did except Rafferty in my opinion but Jim did not cost us the game..

I agree not many could hold their head high. I felt he was at fault for the second and third goals. Keane was a big loss,
Jim McNulty on 19:59 - Jan 21 with 5244 viewssandy_dale

Jim McNulty on 19:55 - Jan 21 by dale2012

No he didn't. But your post talks about every game he's been involved in. Which is the majority. So stop talking absolute kack.
Jim McNulty on 19:59 - Jan 21 with 5241 viewsSaxonDale

*Wasn't there today disclaimer*

Whilst McNulty may have missed Keane today (didn't we all?) I can't believe how much he has improved this season. At the start of the season at left back he was a liability, since coming central he's been fantastic and the much better option than Canavan. Going forward there'll probably be a few positions which Hilly will be a bit concerned about due to numerous reasons, central defence definitely won't be one of them.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2017 20:16]
Jim McNulty on 20:14 - Jan 21 with 5170 viewskirbys

Jim McNulty on 19:59 - Jan 21 by SaxonDale

*Wasn't there today disclaimer*

Whilst McNulty may have missed Keane today (didn't we all?) I can't believe how much he has improved this season. At the start of the season at left back he was a liability, since coming central he's been fantastic and the much better option than Canavan. Going forward there'll probably be a few positions which Hilly will be a bit concerned about due to numerous reasons, central defence definitely won't be one of them.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2017 20:16]

I don't agree that Oxford beat us in our ability to defend in central defence. We were muscled out in midfield as our much smaller players were pulled, pushed, kicked and held without any referee protecton.

One player to come out with credit was jim Mc's partner Harrison McGahey. He did hold his own and today did a decent job in replacing KK.
Login to get fewer ads

Jim McNulty on 23:23 - Jan 21 with 4883 viewspnc4eva1

Today we were beaten fair and square by a team that had done their homework. We were slow at the back so they hit us with pace and balls over the top or down the channels. Their midfield consists red of 5 who worked as a team to close our play makers down. Camps got the ball and was immediately surrounded by two or three players.

When this was combined with plates who weren't match fit or were coming back from injury we had problems. Also we then had players who had individually poor games. It's one of them days. Get over it. We're going well, we're financially secure, we have good youth coming through and we have the most successful manager in our history. We're 5 points from safety and its January

So what we lost. Yes. I'm gutted after travelling a fair distance. Am I concerned. No

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Jim McNulty on 00:00 - Jan 22 with 4802 viewsD_Alien

Jim McNulty on 23:23 - Jan 21 by pnc4eva1

Today we were beaten fair and square by a team that had done their homework. We were slow at the back so they hit us with pace and balls over the top or down the channels. Their midfield consists red of 5 who worked as a team to close our play makers down. Camps got the ball and was immediately surrounded by two or three players.

When this was combined with plates who weren't match fit or were coming back from injury we had problems. Also we then had players who had individually poor games. It's one of them days. Get over it. We're going well, we're financially secure, we have good youth coming through and we have the most successful manager in our history. We're 5 points from safety and its January

So what we lost. Yes. I'm gutted after travelling a fair distance. Am I concerned. No

Agree with much of that

It's a good call about plates too - we're having bad luck with crockery

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Jim McNulty on 00:45 - Jan 22 with 4734 viewsRosun

Jim McNulty on 23:23 - Jan 21 by pnc4eva1

Blob on PNC.
Camps was trying to play Keane's role but his natural game is to attack rather than protect the defence from a midfield position. No criticism as Keane has a 10 year older footballing head on his shoulders ( he's also a league 2 player who can't make it into his own team .... Cheers Col!)
I got concerned when I saw Oxford's warm ups... Very disciplined. Appleton has them well drilled. Same at half time and their routine immediately before kick off and the second half. Annoying, as we are usually on the front foot for things like this.
Anybody know the golden gamble number?
Thanks.
Jim McNulty on 11:11 - Jan 24 with 4319 viewssweetcorn

Jim McNulty on 00:45 - Jan 22 by Rosun

Blob on PNC.
Camps was trying to play Keane's role but his natural game is to attack rather than protect the defence from a midfield position. No criticism as Keane has a 10 year older footballing head on his shoulders ( he's also a league 2 player who can't make it into his own team .... Cheers Col!)
I got concerned when I saw Oxford's warm ups... Very disciplined. Appleton has them well drilled. Same at half time and their routine immediately before kick off and the second half. Annoying, as we are usually on the front foot for things like this.
Anybody know the golden gamble number?
Thanks.

Keanes role in the side has been as a centre half, not a defensive midfielder, so im not sure camps was covering his role..

Camps has played holding midfield for quite a long spell in the side now.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Jim McNulty on 12:07 - Jan 24 with 4219 viewsDaleiLama

Jim seems to have his head screwed on right and wants to do his best, so I hesitate to "pile on". As others have pointed out at length, it was a total (well almost) team melt down last Saturday and the post mortem has been completed, but just one aspect of Jim's game I would love to see improve - his confidence on the ball. As the first half wore on, I struggled to remember him playing a forward ball and so started to watch out for it. He had two free kicks in our half where he was the last man and had to play a long ball up field, then actually followed up just before HT with the first forward ball from open play I remembered all game. He (or the team) didn't last too long in the second half, but I would love to see him stop relying on the back pass to Logan every time and play more forward balls. It's probably pretty low on KH's list of things that need fixing from that game though.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Jim McNulty on 12:17 - Jan 24 with 4189 viewsstigmundo77

If we genuinely want to remain in and around the play offs we need two centre backs in on loan and one that can cover left back and central defence

As it stands McGahey , Mcnulty and Canavan dont seem to be able to play in the same teams so they need people to play alongside,

I'm preying keane is the fix here
Jim McNulty on 12:18 - Jan 24 with 4185 viewsD_Alien

Jim McNulty on 12:07 - Jan 24 by DaleiLama

Jim seems to have his head screwed on right and wants to do his best, so I hesitate to "pile on". As others have pointed out at length, it was a total (well almost) team melt down last Saturday and the post mortem has been completed, but just one aspect of Jim's game I would love to see improve - his confidence on the ball. As the first half wore on, I struggled to remember him playing a forward ball and so started to watch out for it. He had two free kicks in our half where he was the last man and had to play a long ball up field, then actually followed up just before HT with the first forward ball from open play I remembered all game. He (or the team) didn't last too long in the second half, but I would love to see him stop relying on the back pass to Logan every time and play more forward balls. It's probably pretty low on KH's list of things that need fixing from that game though.

Maybe Hilly's seen enough of Big Jim's long balls (oooer) and told him to pass back?

On which subject, with the pitch not playing true now, I hope Hilly's instructing Logan to take a touch first, when possible (not of Big Jim's shorter balls!) before launching it - he's in the habit of hitting it first time regardless

Jim McNulty on 12:46 - Jan 24 with 4085 viewsShun

Depending on McNulty's fitness after limping off against Oxford, it may be another makeshift defence on Saturday. At least Keane is back!
Jim McNulty on 12:47 - Jan 24 with 4078 viewsD_Alien

Jim McNulty on 12:17 - Jan 24 by stigmundo77

If we genuinely want to remain in and around the play offs we need two centre backs in on loan and one that can cover left back and central defence

As it stands McGahey , Mcnulty and Canavan dont seem to be able to play in the same teams so they need people to play alongside,

A run of 10 consecutive home wins has just come to an end, some with Keane, some without

No need for panic measures
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 12:49]

Jim McNulty on 15:49 - Jan 24 with 3887 viewsstigmundo77

I wish I had your faith but Big Jim , and Canavan have mistakes in them every game sadly - if we really want to give this a push we need better quality at the back. I dont think a loan signing or two would do us any harm. We are definitely missing Bunney though
Jim McNulty on 17:03 - Jan 24 with 3809 viewsD_Alien

Jim McNulty on 15:49 - Jan 24 by stigmundo77

I wish I had your faith but Big Jim , and Canavan have mistakes in them every game sadly - if we really want to give this a push we need better quality at the back. I dont think a loan signing or two would do us any harm. We are definitely missing Bunney though

I think it's important for our current squad to believe that the manager has faith in them. Unless we're further crippled by injuries, bringing in a loan CB to replace McNulty or Canavan might easily send ripples of unease through the rest of the squad - similar to when he brought Pereira in to replace Lillis last season when Lillis had done little wrong.

I agree about Bunney, and posted a few days ago (before we had news on Tanser) that we needed a left-sided defender as cover for both LB & CB. That might still happen but as cover only - the lads we have coming back from illness/injury need to be given a chance to regain full match fitness. If anyone comes in they'd need to be better than current options and 'proven'. Youngsters from a higher league just goes against the grain, and there are very, very few Keith Keanes around in the lower leagues.

[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 17:10]

Jim McNulty on 17:10 - Jan 24 with 3795 viewsstigmundo77

100% spot on D-Alien , great summary and exactly how I feel, the only players that are worth bringing in are ones that are better quality than the ones we have now,

Time to step up for the existing players really and show they can play better together
Jim McNulty on 17:20 - Jan 24 with 3769 viewsdingdangblue

Jim McNulty on 12:17 - Jan 24 by stigmundo77

So you want to ditch the players who got us into the play off position after 1 freak result?

#teamRochdale

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Jim McNulty on 17:40 - Jan 24 with 3724 viewsMarpleAlty

You talk about higher-league loanees going 'against the grain', but for every Pereira you might just get a Heaton - can't rule anything out.

If a LB that can cover CB is the priority, Borthwick-Jackson isn't getting in the Wolves squad and United are considering recalling him. If I was KH I'd be asking United to recall him and send him up to Spotland for a couple of months. But since when did Hilly ever do the expected?

I'd say it's an interesting week ahead, but I think you can take loanees for a bit longer so who knows...
Jim McNulty on 00:38 - Jan 25 with 3498 viewssweetcorn

Jim McNulty on 17:40 - Jan 24 by MarpleAlty

You talk about higher-league loanees going 'against the grain', but for every Pereira you might just get a Heaton - can't rule anything out.

If a LB that can cover CB is the priority, Borthwick-Jackson isn't getting in the Wolves squad and United are considering recalling him. If I was KH I'd be asking United to recall him and send him up to Spotland for a couple of months. But since when did Hilly ever do the expected?

I'd say it's an interesting week ahead, but I think you can take loanees for a bit longer so who knows...

You can't seriously think we'd have any chance of signing Borthwick-jackon, he was putting in good performances in the premier league last season.. if he was available, there would be numerous championship sides interested.

Dont do drugs kids.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Jim McNulty on 17:22 - Jan 25 with 3248 viewsstigmundo77

Seems i got my wish with the loan signing Sweetcorn

if you really believe big Jim and Canavan are the right bar for a serious play off push I worry. i'm all for team Rochdale but im a realist too
Jim McNulty on 17:31 - Jan 25 with 3233 views442Dale

Jim McNulty on 17:22 - Jan 25 by stigmundo77

Seems i got my wish with the loan signing Sweetcorn

if you really believe big Jim and Canavan are the right bar for a serious play off push I worry. i'm all for team Rochdale but im a realist too

McNulty has been playing well during our excellent run and we are in the play-off places. Canavan hasn't and is on the bench.

There was a separate issue at LB which has now been addressed.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024