Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chesterfield away 11:34 - Mar 24 with 4284 viewsBendy

Begrudgingly I will start this as I noticed something which went under the radar which didn't really deserve its own thread and so I thought I would shoehorn it in here, yet no-one had already started talking about the game tomorrow!

Anyway, anyone else actually notice that Steve Eyre joined Chesterfield as a coach at the end of last month? I only saw when I stumbled on his comments on the Chesterfield website's match preview, and they still seem as bland an unincisive as ever!

Chesterfield coach, Steve Eyre is expecting a tough game at the Proact, but says that it’s one the squad are relishing. “It’ll be a really competitive game, but we’re looking forward to it and we’ve had a good week’s preparation.” He said.

“We know that they’ve had a game in the week, both the manager and I went to watch, and having seen them a lot this season they play a very committed, fast and front foot style of football. They have a good manager, a talisman player in Ian Henderson and they have goals throughout the team. We expect them to come at us as they try to win every game they play.”

I mean, fancy that - we are a team who actually try to win games according to Steve! Perhaps he thinks Chesterfield's tactics are that they don't try to win games, in which case they are having a very successful season
Chesterfield away on 11:43 - Mar 24 with 4264 viewsSuddenLad

That's the same script he trots out every time he comments on Dale games for Matey FM.

There was a gaggle of managers at Spotland on Tuesday. Uwe Rosler, Chris Wilder, Graham Alexander, Michael O'Neill all sat in the directors' box. Didn't see Steve Eyre, but he was far from alone.......

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Chesterfield away on 11:59 - Mar 24 with 4219 viewsShun

Chesterfield away on 11:43 - Mar 24 by SuddenLad

That's the same script he trots out every time he comments on Dale games for Matey FM.

There was a gaggle of managers at Spotland on Tuesday. Uwe Rosler, Chris Wilder, Graham Alexander, Michael O'Neill all sat in the directors' box. Didn't see Steve Eyre, but he was far from alone.......

I wonder what they were all there for? Scouting out players, perchance?
Chesterfield away on 12:02 - Mar 24 with 4210 viewsFrog

Chesterfield away on 11:59 - Mar 24 by Shun

The pies.
Chesterfield away on 12:05 - Mar 24 with 4195 viewsSuddenLad

Probably weighing-up possible play-off opponents, though in the case of O'Neill, scouting for Irish talent......

Chesterfield away on 12:10 - Mar 24 with 4184 viewsBendy

Chesterfield away on 11:43 - Mar 24 by SuddenLad

O'Neill seems a semi-strange one. I know it's easy and quick enough to commute from Belfast to Manchester and so we were probably the only suitable fixture he could get to. Aside from Camps, and obviously Lund, do we have any other Northern Irish eligible players?

I know Millwall have Shane Ferguson who had been in the other N Ire squads this season, although he was benched. Presumably he would have been the main intent of the visit, either that or Michael is becoming a closet Dale fan with his more regular visits
Chesterfield away on 12:16 - Mar 24 with 4153 viewsSuddenLad

Chesterfield away on 12:10 - Mar 24 by Bendy

O'Neill seems a semi-strange one. I know it's easy and quick enough to commute from Belfast to Manchester and so we were probably the only suitable fixture he could get to. Aside from Camps, and obviously Lund, do we have any other Northern Irish eligible players?

I know Millwall have Shane Ferguson who had been in the other N Ire squads this season, although he was benched. Presumably he would have been the main intent of the visit, either that or Michael is becoming a closet Dale fan with his more regular visits

You can add Gary Bowyer to that list as well. I forgot to mention him. Blackpool boss.

Chesterfield away on 12:22 - Mar 24 with 4114 viewsTVOS1907

Fleetwood (Rosler), Sheffield United (Wilder) and Scunthorpe (Alexander) all play Millwall in the next three weeks.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Chesterfield away on 15:05 - Mar 24 with 3853 viewsVivaDonaldo

Mc Call was there too having a good chat with Simon Ramsden.
Login to get fewer ads

Chesterfield away on 18:59 - Mar 24 with 3618 viewsD_Dale

"Derbyshire Times" preview (mostly culled from the MEN):

http://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/chesterfield-fc/preview-injury-c
[Post edited 25 Mar 2017 11:23]
Chesterfield away on 10:03 - Mar 25 with 3334 viewsaleanddale

Good luck to the Dale today!

Prior commitments so unable to get to the game. To have any chance of 6th I recon we would need 24 more points.

8 wins from 9 must be 7 from 8 by 5pm IMO.

Up the Dale!

Chesterfield away on 10:44 - Mar 25 with 3262 viewsfitzochris

Chesterfield away on 18:59 - Mar 24 by D_Dale

"Derbyshire Times" preview (mostly culled from the MEN):

http://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/chesterfield-fc/preview-injury-c
[Post edited 25 Mar 2017 11:23]

That is one of the laziest football previews I've ever read. Do journalists not have phones anymore? The fact it's by-lined is jaw dropping.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Chesterfield away on 12:56 - Mar 25 with 3080 viewsShun

Just a warning for anyone looking at Chesterfield's lowly position, we've lost away to 3 of the bottom 4 already this season without scoring a goal. We play the 4th today!
Chesterfield away on 13:44 - Mar 25 with 2999 viewsDaleiLama

Chesterfield away on 12:56 - Mar 25 by Shun

Just a warning for anyone looking at Chesterfield's lowly position, we've lost away to 3 of the bottom 4 already this season without scoring a goal. We play the 4th today!

F.vck off Shun

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Chesterfield away on 13:53 - Mar 25 with 2975 viewsShun

No f.uck offs today. The sunshine is glorious, the sky's as brilliant as the deepest lapis lazuli, the birdsong is gracing us, children are playing on the streets, I can even smell BBQs. What a time to be alive!
Chesterfield away on 14:09 - Mar 25 with 2939 viewsDaleiLama

Chesterfield away on 13:53 - Mar 25 by Shun

No f.uck offs today. The sunshine is glorious, the sky's as brilliant as the deepest lapis lazuli, the birdsong is gracing us, children are playing on the streets, I can even smell BBQs. What a time to be alive!

Bang on. Just finished lunch at Red Lion, Litton. Be there in 1/2 an hour traffic permitting. Up the Dale

Chesterfield away on 15:29 - Mar 25 with 2822 viewsD_Alien

Chesterfield away on 14:09 - Mar 25 by DaleiLama

Bang on. Just finished lunch at Red Lion, Litton. Be there in 1/2 an hour traffic permitting. Up the Dale

Fabulous pub in a beautiful spot, had lunch there about 4 years ago

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Chesterfield away on 15:54 - Mar 25 with 2777 viewsNigeriamark

Chesterfield away on 12:56 - Mar 25 by Shun

Looks like we will end that run ( Famous last words )
Chesterfield away on 15:57 - Mar 25 with 2755 viewsDaleiLama

Chesterfield away on 15:29 - Mar 25 by D_Alien

Fabulous pub in a beautiful spot, had lunch there about 4 years ago

Osset Yorkshire blond was excellent. 15 mons late but saw all 3 goals

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024