Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pubs for Brentford 09:09 - Apr 19 with 3633 viewsterryb

My apologies if I have missed this in another thread, but any advise please for an old cask bitter drinker before the game at Brentford?

I admit to not having been to Griffin Park since 1976 so I have no idea of what's available.

Cheers

Pubs for Brentford on 10:06 - Apr 19 with 3585 viewsqueensparker

The Lord Nelson hidden away behind the Toyota garage on the A4 is a nice little place and might be a bit more relaxed than the pubs right next to the ground.

There's no shortage of choice, Brentford's pubs seem to be reversing the London trend and clinging on (the benefits of being in Middlesex I suppose)
Pubs for Brentford on 11:10 - Apr 19 with 3508 views18StoneOfHoop

Pubs for Brentford on 10:06 - Apr 19 by queensparker

The Lord Nelson hidden away behind the Toyota garage on the A4 is a nice little place and might be a bit more relaxed than the pubs right next to the ground.

There's no shortage of choice, Brentford's pubs seem to be reversing the London trend and clinging on (the benefits of being in Middlesex I suppose)

Good shout,sparker. Was in The Lord Nelson prior to Chris Ramsey's last game and mixed clientele, plenty of space and therefore quick service.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Pubs for Brentford on 11:23 - Apr 19 with 3485 viewsqprxtc

It's completely impossible to go to Brentford and leave sober. Impossible.
Pubs for Brentford on 11:26 - Apr 19 with 3482 viewsfrancisbowles

Pubs for Brentford on 10:06 - Apr 19 by queensparker

Did a rece 'round Brentford after the game for parking etc as I haven't been there for years. The Royal Oak has closed and is up for sale. The home end used to be know as the Royal Oak but that is now the away end. I have booked a table for four in the Globe under the M4, just because they are reasonably close to our end.
Pubs for Brentford on 11:31 - Apr 19 with 3468 viewsLblock

Pubs for Brentford on 11:26 - Apr 19 by francisbowles

Did a rece 'round Brentford after the game for parking etc as I haven't been there for years. The Royal Oak has closed and is up for sale. The home end used to be know as the Royal Oak but that is now the away end. I have booked a table for four in the Globe under the M4, just because they are reasonably close to our end.

The Globe is a Home Fans only pub usually so be careful on colours there (from a getting in persepctive - not scarey locals!!!!)

No end of battle cruisers in walking distance.

All depends what you're after....?

Circa 20 of us have our eyes on a destination.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Pubs for Brentford on 11:38 - Apr 19 with 3448 viewsMick_S

Pubs for Brentford on 11:10 - Apr 19 by 18StoneOfHoop

Good shout,sparker. Was in The Lord Nelson prior to Chris Ramsey's last game and mixed clientele, plenty of space and therefore quick service.

Decent pub - very friendly mix of home/away fans; you can drink on the street without being hassled or moved in/on.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Pubs for Brentford on 11:53 - Apr 19 with 3421 viewsjohncharles

The Magpie and Crown have a good range of real ales and draught cider. Good pub but beware, on match days it's full of old and bitter Brentford supporters whinging and moaning about QPR. Nothing too scary but unpleasant. Shame because it really is a good pub.
The Beehive is cool with away supporters and does a great pint of ESB.

Strong and stable my arse.

Pubs for Brentford on 12:57 - Apr 19 with 3351 viewssmegma

One Over The Ait by Kew Bridge was ok last year with both sets of fans. I also went in the Greyhound over the bridge on the left was also decent if a bit pricey.
Login to get fewer ads

Pubs for Brentford on 13:08 - Apr 19 with 3329 views18StoneOfHoop

Pubs for Brentford on 11:53 - Apr 19 by johncharles

The Magpie and Crown have a good range of real ales and draught cider. Good pub but beware, on match days it's full of old and bitter Brentford supporters whinging and moaning about QPR. Nothing too scary but unpleasant. Shame because it really is a good pub.
The Beehive is cool with away supporters and does a great pint of ESB.

That's where I'll be with a wrapped up copy of The S*n at hand as a convenient Millwall brick if it all kicks off with the moaning sixty-something buzzers... if they want it,I'll give it them! <..as they say in Wealdstone ;) >

[not really]

..great reasonably priced real ales...arrrgghh The next Gout Attack awaits!
[Post edited 20 Apr 2017 9:49]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Pubs for Brentford on 15:13 - Apr 19 with 3209 viewsWalnut

Anyone ever drink near Vauxhall station pre Brentford away? Recommendations?
Pubs for Brentford on 15:56 - Apr 19 with 3165 viewsBlackandGoldR

Pubs for Brentford on 15:13 - Apr 19 by Walnut

Not going to Brentford but having been to the oval many times there are a few pubs by Vauxhall. Depends what you are looking for. I always go to the black dog across the green, lots on offer ale and lager wise but a bit pricey. The Rose around the corner is another option although a bit pretentious.The beehive towards the oval is a pretty standard pub, don't usually go in there because its always heaving but should be quiet on Saturday as Surrey are away. There's a tiny one on the road behind there too but the name escapes me.
The Globe in Brentford (Fullers pub) is always a winner for me if you aren't wearing colours with some nice girls behind the bar, unfortunately they are wearing home shirts (is there a pub near HQ that does this?)
Pubs for Brentford on 15:58 - Apr 19 with 3159 viewsterryb

Cheers everyone, thank you for the responses.

I will consult with my fellow travellers & make our choice!

If only our team will make the trip worthwhile!
Pubs for Brentford on 22:49 - Apr 19 with 2947 viewsBoston

Pubs for Brentford on 13:08 - Apr 19 by 18StoneOfHoop

That's where I'll be with a wrapped up copy of The S*n at hand as a convenient Millwall brick if it all kicks off with the moaning sixty-something buzzers... if they want it,I'll give it them! <..as they say in Wealdstone ;) >

[not really]

..great reasonably priced real ales...arrrgghh The next Gout Attack awaits!
[Post edited 20 Apr 2017 9:49]

I'm sure they'll be folding up their pension books.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Pubs for Brentford on 01:10 - Apr 20 with 2892 viewsFredManRave

Pubs for Brentford on 11:23 - Apr 19 by qprxtc

It's completely impossible to go to Brentford and leave sober. Impossible.

Do you live in Brentford?!

[Post edited 20 Apr 2017 1:29]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Pubs for Brentford on 09:28 - Apr 20 with 2782 viewsBlackCrowe

The last time i went to Brentford (Bircham last minute winner), the New Inn seemed to be Away Fans - is that still not the case? Where's Switching Code when you need him?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Pubs for Brentford on 10:27 - Apr 20 with 2735 viewsswitchingcode

Pubs for Brentford on 09:28 - Apr 20 by BlackCrowe

The last time i went to Brentford (Bircham last minute winner), the New Inn seemed to be Away Fans - is that still not the case? Where's Switching Code when you need him?

the new inn princess royal and Griffin accept away fans i.e. The 3 pubs around the ground.Shame it's not reciprocated at other clubs when we travel away
Pubs for Brentford on 10:33 - Apr 20 with 2728 viewsqprxtc

Pubs for Brentford on 01:10 - Apr 20 by FredManRave

Do you live in Brentford?!

[Post edited 20 Apr 2017 1:29]

If I lived there Fred, I may not live again.
Pubs for Brentford on 10:40 - Apr 20 with 2717 viewsqprxtc

I think I read somewhere once that Brentford has the highest concentration of pubs than anywhere in the country. Even though they've lost a few the ones that remain are all pretty much worth a go. I even quite like the Princess Royal.. Which is a bit of a tip.

The Brewery Tap is probably my favourite. Never been on match day but it's a quaint old place with some proper drinkers when I've been in there.
Pubs for Brentford on 12:27 - Apr 20 with 2644 viewsBlackCrowe

Pubs for Brentford on 10:27 - Apr 20 by switchingcode

the new inn princess royal and Griffin accept away fans i.e. The 3 pubs around the ground.Shame it's not reciprocated at other clubs when we travel away

thank SC

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Pubs for Brentford on 12:42 - Apr 20 with 2623 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Stop it, pleeeeease!

Ye're making me very jealous!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Pubs for Brentford on 12:45 - Apr 20 with 2612 viewsjohncharles

Pubs for Brentford on 15:13 - Apr 19 by Walnut

I used to work around there. My advice would be - go into the station and catch a train to somewhere else.

Strong and stable my arse.

Pubs for Brentford on 13:07 - Apr 20 with 2573 viewsswitchingcode

Pubs for Brentford on 10:40 - Apr 20 by qprxtc

I think I read somewhere once that Brentford has the highest concentration of pubs than anywhere in the country. Even though they've lost a few the ones that remain are all pretty much worth a go. I even quite like the Princess Royal.. Which is a bit of a tip.

The Brewery Tap is probably my favourite. Never been on match day but it's a quaint old place with some proper drinkers when I've been in there.

Personally don't like either and would do the brewery tap but the new inn is handy for the away end or the Griffin which is the best pub in brentford other than match days.Hope you enjoy the pubs more than the game
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024