Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint 08:45 - Jun 16 with 3466 viewsmakaveli1882

Who do we want out of this bunch, I would not mind losing to Wimbledon or forest green away or even Crawley

South non-seeds

19. AFC Wimbledon; 20. Barnet; 21. Cambridge United; 22. Cheltenham Town; 23. Colchester United; 24. Crawley Town; 25. Exeter City; 26. Forest Green Rovers; 27. Gillingham; 28. Luton Town; 29. Newport County; 30. Northampton Town; 31. Plymouth Argyle; 32. Portsmouth; 33. Stevenage; 34. Swindon Town; 35. Wycombe Wanderers; 36. Yeovil Town.

The first round will take place during the week commencing Monday, August 7.
League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 08:52 - Jun 16 with 3450 viewstoboboly

Would take AFC/Cambridge/Cheltenham/Gillingham/Forest Green/Wycombe away.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 08:57 - Jun 16 with 3433 viewsKonk

The FA Cup draw on the fuc king One fuc king show, and now the League cup draw from some fizzy pop factory in Thailand. Modern football is bonkers.

Rather than just having the draw in Thailand, why not play all the games at the National stadium in Bangkok? Possibly as some sort of 40-header exhibition week of football. Steven Gerrard could appear as a sub for one team in each of the games, with Michael Owen coming on for the last five minutes for the other sides. Mega. Imagine the marketing opportunities. Crawley could probably shift 500,000 shirts if this happened.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 10:04 - Jun 16 with 3343 viewssmegma

League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 08:57 - Jun 16 by Konk

The FA Cup draw on the fuc king One fuc king show, and now the League cup draw from some fizzy pop factory in Thailand. Modern football is bonkers.

Rather than just having the draw in Thailand, why not play all the games at the National stadium in Bangkok? Possibly as some sort of 40-header exhibition week of football. Steven Gerrard could appear as a sub for one team in each of the games, with Michael Owen coming on for the last five minutes for the other sides. Mega. Imagine the marketing opportunities. Crawley could probably shift 500,000 shirts if this happened.

And John Terry can get subbed on the 26th minute to a ticker tape reception. He can then stand at the side of the pitch in full kit w@nker mode ready to celebrate the final whistle.

Yes, football has eaten itself. Don't be surprised to see loads of Thai football fans at the draw in premier league kits, snide ones of course, looking puzzled and thinking 'who the feck are Forest Green Rovers?'
League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 12:21 - Jun 16 with 3187 viewsmakaveli1882

League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 08:57 - Jun 16 by Konk

To be fair Konk, I wouldn't mind a away game in Bangkok
League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 12:22 - Jun 16 with 3185 viewsmakaveli1882

Wycombe's ground half a mile from me but would not want to go out to them or Luton
League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 13:02 - Jun 16 with 3128 viewsRBlock

League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 12:22 - Jun 16 by makaveli1882

Wycombe's ground half a mile from me but would not want to go out to them or Luton

Wouldn't mind Wycombe personally. Why the aversion? Definitely not Luton. One of my lot was hoping for it, but I have no desire to sit in a flat roof pub in a concrete hole while EDL organise their next rally in the corner.

I'm just desperate for Forest Green Rovers away really. Take a half day and swan around Stroud visiting their little village pubs all day. Count me in.

Edit: They've even got a Crown and Sceptre up there!
[Post edited 16 Jun 2017 13:05]
League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 13:12 - Jun 16 with 3086 viewseasthertsr

Cobblers at home!
League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 13:12 - Jun 16 with 3086 viewsaston_hoop

Home to Northampton

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 13:13 - Jun 16 with 3075 viewsdaveB

at least it's not away to them
League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 13:14 - Jun 16 with 3071 viewsmakaveli1882

League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 13:02 - Jun 16 by RBlock

Wouldn't mind Wycombe personally. Why the aversion? Definitely not Luton. One of my lot was hoping for it, but I have no desire to sit in a flat roof pub in a concrete hole while EDL organise their next rally in the corner.

I'm just desperate for Forest Green Rovers away really. Take a half day and swan around Stroud visiting their little village pubs all day. Count me in.

Edit: They've even got a Crown and Sceptre up there!
[Post edited 16 Jun 2017 13:05]

Nothing against them humiliation when we have lost in the past thats all.
League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 13:15 - Jun 16 with 3068 viewsmakaveli1882

League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 13:12 - Jun 16 by aston_hoop

Home to Northampton

dont we have them in a friendly ? or was that last year

massive crowd for this one!!
League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 13:31 - Jun 16 with 2988 viewsNorthernr

Don't be too hasty, Charlton came out twice so might have to re do the draw.
We'll almost certainly draw Northampton or Swindon again in the re-run. We're destined to just play those two, orient and rochdale in this for the rest of fcking time.
League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 13:34 - Jun 16 with 2968 viewsTheChef

League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 13:31 - Jun 16 by Northernr

Don't be too hasty, Charlton came out twice so might have to re do the draw.
We'll almost certainly draw Northampton or Swindon again in the re-run. We're destined to just play those two, orient and rochdale in this for the rest of fcking time.

Piss up.

Brewery.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 13:43 - Jun 16 with 2935 viewsHamtuneR

I watched on Facebook. Oxford came out as home, but the caption replaced them with Charlton, who had already been drawn. I'm sure MK Dons were drawn away at Forest Green, but the caption shows them home to Yeovil and Forest Green away to Wolves!
Very amateurish attempt. The presentation was cringe inducing.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2017 13:46]
League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 13:47 - Jun 16 with 2915 viewsmakaveli1882

Well, that was an absolute farce of a draw. The draw for the first round of the League Cup has taken place in Bangkok, Thailand with a live stream on their Facebook page.

That was the plan, but the feed had no sound, stalled on other people's computers and an error with the graphics caused confusion.

Charlton Athletic appeared twice on the graphic, firstly playing Exeter away and then Cheltenham at home. The correct match is Exeter v Charlton.

There was another problem with the graphic as it said AFC Wimbledon were playing Swindon, a draw that is not possible because both sides are unseeded. AFC Wimbledon are actually at home to Brentford with Norwich City at home to Swindon.

So here is the full League Cup first round draw.

South section

Birmingham v Crawley, Exeter v Charlton, QPR v Northampton, Newport v Southend, Bristol City v Plymouth, Cardiff v Portsmouth, Millwall v Stevenage, Oxford United v Cheltenham, AFC Wimbledon v Brentford, Norwich v Swindon, Bristol Rovers v Cambridge, Peterborough v Barnet, Wycombe v Fulham, Colchester v Aston Villa, Wolves v Yeovil, Reading v Gillingham, Forest Green v MK Dons, Luton v Ipswich.

North section

Coventry v Blackburn, Nottingham Forest v Shrewsbury, Bradford v Doncaster, Mansfield v Rochdale, Grimsby v Derby, Barnsley v Morecambe, Crewe v Bolton, Oldham v Burton, Wigan v Blackpool, Bury v Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday v Chesterfield, Accrington v Preston, Fleetwood v Carlisle, Sheffield United v Walsall, Scunthorpe v Notts County, Rotherham v Lincoln, Leeds v Port Vale.
League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 13:51 - Jun 16 with 2896 viewsNorthernr

League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 13:43 - Jun 16 by HamtuneR

I watched on Facebook. Oxford came out as home, but the caption replaced them with Charlton, who had already been drawn. I'm sure MK Dons were drawn away at Forest Green, but the caption shows them home to Yeovil and Forest Green away to Wolves!
Very amateurish attempt. The presentation was cringe inducing.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2017 13:46]

They held the League Cup draw in Bangkok and broadcast it on Facebook and it went wrong.

Well knock me down with a fcking feather. Whoever could have foreseen this?
League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 13:53 - Jun 16 with 2890 viewstoboboly

League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 13:51 - Jun 16 by Northernr

They held the League Cup draw in Bangkok and broadcast it on Facebook and it went wrong.

Well knock me down with a fcking feather. Whoever could have foreseen this?

Bodes well for a game 39!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 14:07 - Jun 16 with 2845 viewsDannytheR

1-1, scuffed and undeserved equaliser for us with 10 minutes left.

1-0 defeat in the replay. (Joel Lynch falls over, open goal).

Northampton to go out to Reading in the next round.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2017 14:10]
League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 14:12 - Jun 16 with 2827 viewsNorthernr

League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 14:07 - Jun 16 by DannytheR

1-1, scuffed and undeserved equaliser for us with 10 minutes left.

1-0 defeat in the replay. (Joel Lynch falls over, open goal).

Northampton to go out to Reading in the next round.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2017 14:10]

Sadly not a replay, just goes on and on all night until one team can't be arsd any more - see our game with Swindon last season.
League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 14:18 - Jun 16 with 2811 viewsDannytheR

League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 14:12 - Jun 16 by Northernr

Sadly not a replay, just goes on and on all night until one team can't be arsd any more - see our game with Swindon last season.

Phew. Small mercies eh?

Make that 1-1 (scuffed and undeserved equaliser etc), followed by farcial penalty shoot out in which Smithies saves all their penalties in what proves to be his last game for the club, but we also miss all of ours.

Winner to go out to Reading in the next round.
League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 15:56 - Jun 16 with 2689 viewskensalriser

A five on Rangers to be knocked out, I think.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 16:01 - Jun 16 with 2670 viewsbosh67

Why is it always Northampton?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 17:17 - Jun 16 with 2573 viewsTacticalR

League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 14:18 - Jun 16 by DannytheR

Phew. Small mercies eh?

Make that 1-1 (scuffed and undeserved equaliser etc), followed by farcial penalty shoot out in which Smithies saves all their penalties in what proves to be his last game for the club, but we also miss all of ours.

Winner to go out to Reading in the next round.

To win the cup we only have to draw every game and let Smithies do the penalty saves

This will also allow us to build up a tremendous ladyboy following to fill our new stadium.

Air hostess clique

League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 17:57 - Jun 16 with 2527 viewsHooped_Pullie

League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 16:01 - Jun 16 by bosh67

Why is it always Northampton?

Seemed familiar to me too, but apparently we haven't played them at home in this competition since we won 3-2 in 2006.

Goals that night from Lee Cook, Kevin Gallen and the late Ray Jones.

Doesn't seem like eleven years, not at all.
League cup draw live from Thailand on facepaint on 11:08 - Jun 17 with 2219 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Remember that season where we played Burnley 17 times and they had that fat Danish fella in goal.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024