Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
burys youth policy 23:11 - Jul 5 with 4099 viewsjoecooke

Gotta give our neighbours some credit over the past couple of years with regard to making money on youth players.

Not sure on the amounts muted but they have sold kids to Aston Villa,Everton and most recently Southampton.

There does seem to be a fashion for throwing a young kid in the first team,mostly on the bench or in a nothing game but it does seem to get column inches and subsequently a flurry of activity by premiership clubs vying for signatures and a few quid in the pot.

Not sure i agree with it, but it does seem to work.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

burys youth policy on 12:29 - Jul 6 with 3830 viewsPDIDDY

Selling for good money big add ons/sell ons. Thing is we have had that many lately you couldn't give them all pro contract as the first team squad would be far too young, we have miller and camps in that squad , both rumoured to getting plenty of attention . Stewart day take a bow

Gissa job

burys youth policy on 13:20 - Jul 6 with 3726 viewsburymeinexile

They are being sold much too early and nowhere their 'potential' market value (with the possible exception of Jacob Bedeau, but even that deal is questionable) because of the ridiculous way the club is being run financially. I wrote a blogpost on the Will Ferry case and compared what's happening at Bury unfavourably with Rochdale.

https://burymeinexile.com/2017/07/04/ferry-across-the-solent-but-at-what-cost-to

I thought it was a balanced piece but it did not go down well with other fans...
burys youth policy on 15:14 - Jul 6 with 3584 viewsaleanddale

Desperate times calling for desperate measures.

4 years of a 2.5 million deficit every year.

Currently close on 10 million quid converted into shares underpinned by a decripid giggle lane.

Friendlies in a shiny new stadium by this time next year!! Ha ha ha...

Final throw of the milky bar kids dice for his championship dream.

Tosser!! Of the highest order.

Give me national league playing to means over his championship model every day of the fookin week.

As we are please!

Zero envy we are better run in every way on and off the field.
burys youth policy on 15:34 - Jul 6 with 3555 viewsscarrow

burys youth policy on 12:29 - Jul 6 by PDIDDY

Selling for good money big add ons/sell ons. Thing is we have had that many lately you couldn't give them all pro contract as the first team squad would be far too young, we have miller and camps in that squad , both rumoured to getting plenty of attention . Stewart day take a bow

You can never win anything with kids...

Poll: Final position

burys youth policy on 16:09 - Jul 6 with 3501 viewsPDIDDY

burys youth policy on 15:34 - Jul 6 by scarrow

You can never win anything with kids...

These kids are 16

Gissa job

burys youth policy on 16:55 - Jul 6 with 3429 viewsColDale

Forgive my ignorance, but I thought due to the FPPP or whatever its called, all fees were set fees for players without a professional contract which I thought was everyone under 17, almost to the extent where you were guaranteed to be ripped off until they signed that first professional deal on the 17th birthday.
burys youth policy on 17:05 - Jul 6 with 3406 viewsboromat

burys youth policy on 16:55 - Jul 6 by ColDale

Forgive my ignorance, but I thought due to the FPPP or whatever its called, all fees were set fees for players without a professional contract which I thought was everyone under 17, almost to the extent where you were guaranteed to be ripped off until they signed that first professional deal on the 17th birthday.

I thought that was the case as well. For example I'm guessing we got nothing for Conor Ronan maybe DDB can confirm that.

I see it as a bigger positive that players commit to Hilly and RAFC and trust them to develop them as players. Alot of the players go to big clubs young and you never see them again. Plus if they turn good you get a few seasons of success out of them and then sell them for much more than you would have got when they were 17.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

burys youth policy on 17:20 - Jul 6 with 3389 viewsscarrow

burys youth policy on 16:09 - Jul 6 by PDIDDY

These kids are 16

Give a couple of years and they could have been a nucleus of a seriously good squad instead sold to service debts and beckford's contract.

Login to get fewer ads

burys youth policy on 17:58 - Jul 6 with 3331 viewsnordenblue

burys youth policy on 17:20 - Jul 6 by scarrow

Give a couple of years and they could have been a nucleus of a seriously good squad instead sold to service debts and beckford's contract.

Just Beckfords....everyone else plays for expenses...
burys youth policy on 18:41 - Jul 6 with 3265 viewsPDIDDY

Bury let ferry train with Chelsea last season but bury refused Chelsea's offer and sold him to saints, that tells me different

Gissa job

burys youth policy on 18:44 - Jul 6 with 3265 views442Dale

burys youth policy on 18:41 - Jul 6 by PDIDDY

Bury let ferry train with Chelsea last season but bury refused Chelsea's offer and sold him to saints, that tells me different

Have you got a link to this information?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

burys youth policy on 19:26 - Jul 6 with 3172 viewsscarrow

burys youth policy on 18:41 - Jul 6 by PDIDDY

With Day turning down shirt sponsors and announcing, shirts will be sponsor free at the mo, how much do you think he wants for the sponsorship? It's either greed or the offers truly were derisory.

burys youth policy on 20:12 - Jul 6 with 3097 viewsTVOS1907

burys youth policy on 18:44 - Jul 6 by 442Dale

Have you got a link to this information?

Probably told by Day.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

burys youth policy on 20:14 - Jul 6 with 3090 viewsTVOS1907

burys youth policy on 19:26 - Jul 6 by scarrow

With Day turning down shirt sponsors and announcing, shirts will be sponsor free at the mo, how much do you think he wants for the sponsorship? It's either greed or the offers truly were derisory.

Sounds like more garbage from them.

And what does "our evaluation has not been met" mean?

burys youth policy on 20:21 - Jul 6 with 3059 viewsPDIDDY

burys youth policy on 20:12 - Jul 6 by TVOS1907

Probably told by Day.

What would you know?

Gissa job

burys youth policy on 20:25 - Jul 6 with 3044 viewsTVOS1907

burys youth policy on 20:21 - Jul 6 by PDIDDY

What would you know?

Absolutely nothing, but neither would I believe things people wanted me to believe.

burys youth policy on 20:50 - Jul 6 with 2971 viewsroccydaleian

burys youth policy on 20:14 - Jul 6 by TVOS1907

Can you be sponsored by C.C.J. ?
burys youth policy on 06:39 - Jul 7 with 2722 viewsrkershaw

burys youth policy on 20:50 - Jul 6 by roccydaleian

Can you be sponsored by C.C.J. ?

Ever heard of the sayings....."if it's not broken then don't fix it" "quality over quantity"!?!?
burys youth policy on 09:04 - Jul 7 with 2617 viewsfitzochris

burys youth policy on 20:14 - Jul 6 by TVOS1907

He probably thinks mixed metaphors is a brand of crisps.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

burys youth policy on 10:58 - Jul 7 with 2531 viewsdingdangblue

burys youth policy on 17:05 - Jul 6 by boromat

I thought that was the case as well. For example I'm guessing we got nothing for Conor Ronan maybe DDB can confirm that.

I see it as a bigger positive that players commit to Hilly and RAFC and trust them to develop them as players. Alot of the players go to big clubs young and you never see them again. Plus if they turn good you get a few seasons of success out of them and then sell them for much more than you would have got when they were 17.

Wolves paid £100,000 for Connor at 16. I'm sure the 'new rules' regarding set fees weren't totally in place back then? And I think Dale were still Academy 4 status at the time - I'm not sure how it will affect future add ons but I'm sure there will be more to come should he fulfill his huge potential.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024