Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forward from Linfield 09:03 - Aug 18 with 14087 viewsaston_hoop

We have made an offer for Linfield forward Paul Smyth apparently. 19 years old. Anyone know anything about him?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Forward from Linfield on 14:16 - Aug 29 with 2050 viewsspencer

Forward from Linfield on 09:56 - Aug 29 by Northernr

QPR should play this ultra, ultra low key. The temptation will be to try and hold him up to the baying morons on Twitter and shout "look see we are signing players, we are scouting, this guy's great" but it just adds pressure. Treat it like the Chair signing, which none of us really knew had even happened.

No chance, if he isn't the next George Best after 25 minutes, sell him. Look at poor old Ryan Manning. Football fans
Forward from Linfield on 15:01 - Aug 29 with 1975 viewsrsonist

They seem to be taking Norf's advice given the move was pubished on the official site this morning but (unless I'm blind) isn't on the front page or linked on the club twitter.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-complete-deal-for-northern-ireland-youn

“I’ve always had a soft spot for QPR — back in the Austin and Zamora days especially."
Forward from Linfield on 15:12 - Aug 29 with 1945 viewsvegasranger

Forward from Linfield on 14:16 - Aug 29 by spencer

No chance, if he isn't the next George Best after 25 minutes, sell him. Look at poor old Ryan Manning. Football fans

I think the fans have been very fair to Manning. It wasn't just Reading that were interested in Smyth. Earlier this year Everton and Sunderland were expected to sign him.
Forward from Linfield on 16:10 - Aug 29 with 1825 viewsToast_R

A Smith a Smyth and a Smithies...
Forward from Linfield on 16:14 - Aug 29 with 1812 viewsCiderwithRsie

Forward from Linfield on 13:26 - Aug 29 by kensalriser

Fingers crossed he doesn't come up against Bradley Johnson when we play Derby then, as that'll be a red.

At least he won't be playing in front of Perch for a bit
Forward from Linfield on 16:38 - Aug 29 with 1753 viewsSuperJohnny

Forward from Linfield on 14:05 - Aug 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Thanks for that Andy.

What's his character like - is he popular with fans and other players, good professional, hard trainer etc.?

He's adored at Windsor Park, small in height but has a big heart and a big set of balls. He's not easily bullied and as previously mentioned picks up the odd yellow for not being afraid to stand up for himself.

It should also be noted that he traveled to France with the Northern Ireland squad to last seasons European Championships to take part in the training, so he's highly thought of at that level.

I'm sad to see him go, but delighted he's got a chance at full time football in England.
Forward from Linfield on 16:46 - Aug 29 with 1729 viewsNorthernr

Usual signing piece from the front page...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/46426
Forward from Linfield on 17:05 - Aug 29 with 1677 viewsAndyLinfieldFC

Forward from Linfield on 14:05 - Aug 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Thanks for that Andy.

What's his character like - is he popular with fans and other players, good professional, hard trainer etc.?

He was only with our first team for just over a year. And every time he got the ball, you were just waiting for him to do something exciting. A definite fan favourite, who is a hard worker, and if you listen/read any of his interviews, he is extremely humble off the pitch.

I obviously can't speak for what he is like in training, but he had the chance to go over with Northern Ireland to the Euro's last year and be a part of their "training squad". From what I have heard/read, he impressed Michael O'Neill from what he saw. I really hope this move works out for him and the next time I see him play 'live' is in a Northern Ireland shirt!
[Post edited 29 Aug 2017 17:07]
Login to get fewer ads

Forward from Linfield on 17:24 - Aug 29 with 1619 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Does anyone know if he has a cheese preference?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Forward from Linfield on 21:14 - Aug 29 with 1422 viewsdistortR

Forward from Linfield on 17:24 - Aug 29 by PlanetHonneywood

Does anyone know if he has a cheese preference?

blue cheese.
Forward from Linfield on 21:32 - Aug 29 with 1379 viewsichbinnaughty

Fantastic - absolutely cannot wait to start booing.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024