Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swearing ban to be flipped off 13:42 - Dec 19 with 8649 viewsKenBoon

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/dec/19/rochdale-borough-council-ditch-p

Story: Police tell council what should have been f**king obvious to begin with.
Swearing ban to be flipped off on 23:00 - Dec 19 with 2224 viewsmingthemerciless

I walk through town lots of times. The beggars that I come across in town are all Brits as far as can see. Like the woman today stood at the top of Yorkshire St near the entrance to the Exchange shopping centre with a paper cup in her hand harassing passers by.
Swearing ban to be flipped off on 00:00 - Dec 20 with 2189 viewsKenBoon

Swearing ban to be flipped off on 23:00 - Dec 19 by mingthemerciless

I walk through town lots of times. The beggars that I come across in town are all Brits as far as can see. Like the woman today stood at the top of Yorkshire St near the entrance to the Exchange shopping centre with a paper cup in her hand harassing passers by.

How'd you solve that though? You cannot shoo them out to Castleton. I'm staying out of politics because they're mostly a bunch of self-serving cockroaches, but I refuse to believe that being a beggar or homeless is a lifestyle choice. It's deplorable that homelessness is an issue in Great Britain. Public Space Protection Orders alone achieve nothing.
Swearing ban to be flipped off on 00:28 - Dec 20 with 2177 viewsrochdale_ranger

Swearing ban to be flipped off on 00:00 - Dec 20 by KenBoon

How'd you solve that though? You cannot shoo them out to Castleton. I'm staying out of politics because they're mostly a bunch of self-serving cockroaches, but I refuse to believe that being a beggar or homeless is a lifestyle choice. It's deplorable that homelessness is an issue in Great Britain. Public Space Protection Orders alone achieve nothing.

BBC radio Manchester was interviewing a homeless guy in Rochdale this afternoon and the general gist of what he was saying was that he’d lived in a flat before and he wasn’t suited to it as he couldn’t get into the routine of work and paying bills so he made the choice to be homeless. These people have flaked out of society and want other people to pick up their tab. Now in my opinion wrongly the police have always had a laissez faire attitude when it comes to policing the estates. From Newbold, to town flats and deeplish they all sit right on the doorstep of the town centre. Basically the town is one big council estate until you get up to whitworth, norden, littleborough and Castleton. As Nordenblue as pointed Rochdale is taking on people from third world regressive nations and cultures while it still has problems of its own it can’t deal with. I’ve fully come to terms with the fact that Rochdale is and will always be a dump, that’s why I moved away. Who do you blame? I think it’s sixty percent the council moving trash in. Forty percent de-industrialisation and ten percent people thinking the government giving them a handout rather then doing for themselves is to blame.
Swearing ban to be flipped off on 01:04 - Dec 20 with 2172 viewsD_Alien

Swearing ban to be flipped off on 00:28 - Dec 20 by rochdale_ranger

BBC radio Manchester was interviewing a homeless guy in Rochdale this afternoon and the general gist of what he was saying was that he’d lived in a flat before and he wasn’t suited to it as he couldn’t get into the routine of work and paying bills so he made the choice to be homeless. These people have flaked out of society and want other people to pick up their tab. Now in my opinion wrongly the police have always had a laissez faire attitude when it comes to policing the estates. From Newbold, to town flats and deeplish they all sit right on the doorstep of the town centre. Basically the town is one big council estate until you get up to whitworth, norden, littleborough and Castleton. As Nordenblue as pointed Rochdale is taking on people from third world regressive nations and cultures while it still has problems of its own it can’t deal with. I’ve fully come to terms with the fact that Rochdale is and will always be a dump, that’s why I moved away. Who do you blame? I think it’s sixty percent the council moving trash in. Forty percent de-industrialisation and ten percent people thinking the government giving them a handout rather then doing for themselves is to blame.

Someone's bound to agree with that 110%

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Swearing ban to be flipped off on 07:58 - Dec 20 with 2124 viewsEllDale

The reason that estates like Falinge and Freehold are close to the town centre is because they were built on slum clearance areas in the 1960's. The areas were already deprived.
The difference is that people in the crap properties with shared outside toilets didn't congregate in the town's public areas through the day.
No-one has more sympathy for homeless people than myself because there are frequently a lot of sad stories behind their predicament.
However I do remember years ago a man begging in the town centre who was taken up to Lonsdale House by a bus inspector.
Does the state let such people down these days?
Swearing ban to be flipped off on 08:37 - Dec 20 with 2106 viewsmingthemerciless

Swearing ban to be flipped off on 00:28 - Dec 20 by rochdale_ranger

The people I see begging in town aren't from the third world, they're all from this country.

I'm sympathetic to people who are down on their luck. None of us are immune, it only takes a calamity in your life for any of us to be homeless. I've been lucky so far.

Having said that any chances of regenerating the town centre when the main thoroughfare in town is the regular haunt of several beggars is next to nil. People just don't like being harassed by wild eyed people asking you for your small change.

On another tack, what happened to the by law regarding drinking in town centre public open spaces ? I'm seeing people walking around, obviously the worst for wear, with super strength lager cans in their hands almost every time I visit the centre.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2017 8:56]
Swearing ban to be flipped off on 08:57 - Dec 20 with 2090 viewsrochdale_ranger

Swearing ban to be flipped off on 08:37 - Dec 20 by mingthemerciless

The people I see begging in town aren't from the third world, they're all from this country.

I'm sympathetic to people who are down on their luck. None of us are immune, it only takes a calamity in your life for any of us to be homeless. I've been lucky so far.

Having said that any chances of regenerating the town centre when the main thoroughfare in town is the regular haunt of several beggars is next to nil. People just don't like being harassed by wild eyed people asking you for your small change.

On another tack, what happened to the by law regarding drinking in town centre public open spaces ? I'm seeing people walking around, obviously the worst for wear, with super strength lager cans in their hands almost every time I visit the centre.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2017 8:56]

Agree with most of that. I’ve had times when I’ve been out of work and had to sign on, three times to be precise. Going into that job centre was a real eye opener. People were stood outside the place drinking cans of special brew before they used to go in and sign on. The trouble is a lot of the time people blame government. It doesn’t matter which party is in charge there will always be people who flake out and turn to drink and drugs. to be honest I imagine it to be a lot easier then getting up every day at half five and doing a shift. It’s their kids I feel sorry for.
Swearing ban to be flipped off on 12:28 - Dec 21 with 1931 viewsmingthemerciless

I wasn't in town for long yesterday but I did notice that none of the usual homeless/beggars were on the streets. Then I saw two clips on national evening TV regarding the swearing ban/begging issues. I wonder if those two things are related ? In one of the clips I saw they were talking about Rochdale but the film clips being played were obviously filmed somewhere else.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024