Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans 20 Million - Better than Dawson?? 18:32 - Jan 5 with 3445 viewsmidlandsdale

Jonny Evans is obviously in the news for a move this month, but having watched the last few games is he really any better than Craig Dawson? Thought I would list the attributes required to be a top defender and throw it out there to see what you all think.

Tackling - No difference
Heading - Dawson is better
Positional Play- Dawson is better but marginal
Pace - Probably Evans but not by much
Attacking Threat - Definitely Dawson
Leadership Qualities - Same probably maybe just Evans on experience
Flexibility - Dawson as he can play in any position

Given that why are clubs not looking at Dawson as he would be much cheaper and Evans in my somewhat Dale tinted glasses has more time and ability overall
Evans 20 Million - Better than Dawson?? on 19:43 - Jan 5 with 3335 viewsAllBlueDale

Sorry but Evans is a far better player in all aspects.
Reading of the game and quality on the ball.
The fact the last 3,4 maybe even 5 West Brom managers have had Dawson at RB suggests they don't fancy him as a centre half in the Premier League.

In fairness Evans has played as a left back and a midfielder so he can win on 'fleixibility too'

May work for Dawson, if Evans goes, as he can get some game in the centre of defence.
Evans 20 Million - Better than Dawson?? on 20:35 - Jan 5 with 3266 viewsmingthemerciless

Dawson's too slow on the turn to be a top class centre half. By the time he's got into his stride the striker has got a yard on him. At top level that's all it takes.
Evans 20 Million - Better than Dawson?? on 09:16 - Jan 6 with 2996 viewsTipperaryDale

Dawson's going to get better with age in my eyes. His game always relied on being in the right place at the right time, never physical attributes.
Evans 20 Million - Better than Dawson?? on 12:26 - Jan 7 with 2679 viewsboromat

For me Evans is the better footballer, Dawson the better defender.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Evans 20 Million - Better than Dawson?? on 12:35 - Jan 7 with 2662 viewsSaxonDale

In Ferguson's last season at Utd Evans looked as comfortable as anyone playing cb for Man Utd, certainly better than the majority who have played their since.I think injuries and poor management lead to him going to West Brom. In the current market 20 million for a defender who played over 30 games in Urd's last title winning season is decent value.
Evans 20 Million - Better than Dawson?? on 21:12 - Jan 7 with 2496 viewsJimmyRustler

Evans 20 Million - Better than Dawson?? on 19:43 - Jan 5 by AllBlueDale

Sorry but Evans is a far better player in all aspects.
Reading of the game and quality on the ball.
The fact the last 3,4 maybe even 5 West Brom managers have had Dawson at RB suggests they don't fancy him as a centre half in the Premier League.

In fairness Evans has played as a left back and a midfielder so he can win on 'fleixibility too'

May work for Dawson, if Evans goes, as he can get some game in the centre of defence.

I would argue that pace is more of a requirement at FB than CB. I personally think that the respective managers didn't wanna disrupt a solid CB partnership between Olsson and McCauley
Evans 20 Million - Better than Dawson?? on 23:31 - Jan 7 with 2397 viewssweetcorn

Please take the rose tinted glasses off, dawson is good, but evans is a quite a way superior, much better at reading the game and quite composed on the ball for a CB, the latter of those two probably being the reason pep is interested..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Evans 20 Million - Better than Dawson?? on 07:43 - Jan 8 with 2314 viewsEllDale

How old is Evans now? Or is that not a factor?
Login to get fewer ads

Evans 20 Million - Better than Dawson?? on 08:11 - Jan 8 with 2303 viewsDaleFan7

Evans 20 Million - Better than Dawson?? on 07:43 - Jan 8 by EllDale

How old is Evans now? Or is that not a factor?

He's just turned 30. Dawson is 28 in May, not really that much difference.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024