Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At What Point..... 23:29 - Feb 23 with 20545 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Do you think our club will stop hating its fans?

I cant think of many other clubs that would have given the manager so little stick after such a garbage league campaign.

The sacked in the morning rant.

Cant be arsed opening late or Saturday to allow fans to buy tickets.

Most expensive coach prices in the town to go to Wembley.

The new club catch phrase 'Don't come back'.

This isn't a moan, I am genuinely interest in the current marketing strategy of the club?

Is home fan revenue so insignificant now that its to much trouble to bother?

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

At What Point..... on 00:05 - Feb 24 with 12319 viewsBendy

Believe it or not businesses have a duty of care (both morally and legally) to their staff. Have you thought about those who work in the ticket office. They are entitled to a day off, and down time is something they’ve not had for the past couple of weeks. One thing about this club is it is actually run by people. That’s why it isn’t always perfect. It’s not a well oiled corporate machine, but that’s what is good about it.

Like I said those who work in the offices have done an amazing job and I’d hate to think about how much they’ve done. The lead up to the Millwall game and that led straight into a short turn around for the Spurs game where they were open all week. Last week was also full and stressful as the game approached and with it being a Sunday they didn’t even have the luxury of that day off. Then it’s been another busy week. I think they deserve and need a rest.

It’s not a case of can’t be arsed. It’s a case of they can’t do everything.
At What Point..... on 00:23 - Feb 24 with 12294 viewsboroblue

None of the recent moans about the way the club is run have really bothered me that much until it came to this issue about the inability to buy tickets tomorrow.

I am not buying this not having a day off rubbish - if it is true, and I very much doubt it, why didn't they have Thursday off and work on what will be the busiest day which is Saturday instead? We have had season tickets for 30-odd years but will now have to join the scrum on Sunday because we work 9-5 during the week like 80% of the population.

Come to think of it, why didn't the office staff take Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off this week knowing that we were heading for a replay? after Sunday's game?

Give them the next 2 weeks off cos no-one will be wanting to buy any once these are all sold (unless we do pull off the impossible).

Get agency staff in to sell the tickets on Saturday? I am absolutely not dissing the office staff but I can't seeing it being a skilled job to sell a ticket.

This is by far their worst decision, at least the others have some kind of reasoning behind them!
At What Point..... on 00:27 - Feb 24 with 12284 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

At What Point..... on 00:05 - Feb 24 by Bendy

Believe it or not businesses have a duty of care (both morally and legally) to their staff. Have you thought about those who work in the ticket office. They are entitled to a day off, and down time is something they’ve not had for the past couple of weeks. One thing about this club is it is actually run by people. That’s why it isn’t always perfect. It’s not a well oiled corporate machine, but that’s what is good about it.

Like I said those who work in the offices have done an amazing job and I’d hate to think about how much they’ve done. The lead up to the Millwall game and that led straight into a short turn around for the Spurs game where they were open all week. Last week was also full and stressful as the game approached and with it being a Sunday they didn’t even have the luxury of that day off. Then it’s been another busy week. I think they deserve and need a rest.

It’s not a case of can’t be arsed. It’s a case of they can’t do everything.

Agreed, the staff have been fab,

However.......

How many weeks, months years when we barely sell a ticket over the counter?

I can think of maybe 4 home crowds over 8000 in 30 years and two trips to Wembley.

The 'lead up to the Millwall game' where there was under 3000 fans?

None of this was having a go at the office staff, more the decision makers! A shift slide, a bit of overtime or small bonus is often appreciated by staff at such times.

When we're in L2 with crowds of 1600 next season, perhaps a duty of care to the clubs customers could be looked into during the quiet times!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

At What Point..... on 00:59 - Feb 24 with 12252 viewsjudd

At What Point..... on 00:27 - Feb 24 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Agreed, the staff have been fab,

However.......

How many weeks, months years when we barely sell a ticket over the counter?

I can think of maybe 4 home crowds over 8000 in 30 years and two trips to Wembley.

The 'lead up to the Millwall game' where there was under 3000 fans?

None of this was having a go at the office staff, more the decision makers! A shift slide, a bit of overtime or small bonus is often appreciated by staff at such times.

When we're in L2 with crowds of 1600 next season, perhaps a duty of care to the clubs customers could be looked into during the quiet times!

Office and shop staff are ace. Always have been.

There has been a significant change in attitude by the club toward fans over the past 3 years.

This has had to come from higher up.

This has had to come from the injection of change around that time.

The free season ticket with a cost of £10 .

The season ticket at a higher price that had not been increased. .

The absolute taking of fans as mugs.

Have we now got a marketing consultant engaged focused on gold bond?

Something is loose and potentially running amok. It needs reigning in.

Up the Dale.

Poll: What is it to be then?

At What Point..... on 01:23 - Feb 24 with 12238 viewsD_Alien

This debate should be turned on it's head

Without us, the customers, Rochdale FC would cease to exist

If no-one turned up, the chairman, board of directors, manager, players and backroom staff would have no reason to continue working at the COA. The ground would fall into disrepair since there'd be no-one to repair it for. The games would be played to empty home stands, the only noise coming from visiting supporters and a tannoy that needs attention from the H&S people, controlled by a madman

Everyone employed or connected to the club would have to just give up, move on, retire

We, the fans - WE are the raison d'être of Rochdale FC. I wrote to a director following one of his outbursts and politely pointed this out to him; without reply, since there is none

Keith Hill has a career because we continue to turn up, just as we always have - so far. To tell us to stay away is to put himself down, since he wouldn't have a career without us. His management style - fantastic for Dale - would almost certainly falter where he wasn't allowed such freedom, just as it did at Barnsley

We moan about how the club treats us, but carry on as fans because we have lives to lead and Dale is our sporting outlet. It's a dangerous game the club are playing, though. Keep treating us like that and eventually people will drift away, since it's 2018 not 1958

And then, Rochdale FC would be no more

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

At What Point..... on 07:44 - Feb 24 with 12049 viewsregjenkins

At What Point..... on 01:23 - Feb 24 by D_Alien

This debate should be turned on it's head

Without us, the customers, Rochdale FC would cease to exist

If no-one turned up, the chairman, board of directors, manager, players and backroom staff would have no reason to continue working at the COA. The ground would fall into disrepair since there'd be no-one to repair it for. The games would be played to empty home stands, the only noise coming from visiting supporters and a tannoy that needs attention from the H&S people, controlled by a madman

Everyone employed or connected to the club would have to just give up, move on, retire

We, the fans - WE are the raison d'être of Rochdale FC. I wrote to a director following one of his outbursts and politely pointed this out to him; without reply, since there is none

Keith Hill has a career because we continue to turn up, just as we always have - so far. To tell us to stay away is to put himself down, since he wouldn't have a career without us. His management style - fantastic for Dale - would almost certainly falter where he wasn't allowed such freedom, just as it did at Barnsley

We moan about how the club treats us, but carry on as fans because we have lives to lead and Dale is our sporting outlet. It's a dangerous game the club are playing, though. Keep treating us like that and eventually people will drift away, since it's 2018 not 1958

And then, Rochdale FC would be no more

I certainly couldn't disagree with anything in that post.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

At What Point..... on 09:36 - Feb 24 with 11782 viewsBarrowdale

4 of us wont renew next year if that pr1ck wont turn the shite tannoy down or off. We want to chat to each other at half time, discuss the game, orher scores not have heads blasted. We have emailed the club but they dont seem interested. My 80yr old mum has already stopped as it gives her headache. All because of one self important manc bell end TURN IT DOWN
At What Point..... on 09:49 - Feb 24 with 11728 viewsCamdenDale

Lots of emotion around and this forum here for all to vent all they feel. Hurrah for that.

I feel all this stuff too. It is proper annoying when things like ticket office opening hours mean you can't get a ticket for Wembley, the online ticketing feels like your on Netscape in dial-up years and KH scores embarrassing own goals re the support.

But let's just back off here. D'A says no club, no careers for some without the fans and fair play. But it seems we're a hard faced lot. Small football clubs need all the help they can get and back to Fred R and beyond it's goodwill that keeps it going. Football at our level is just not a viable business as such and to expect everything to run as if it was a plc (and don't get me started on the proper massive f***-ups in this world - your income tax has been paying for the chancers who ran RBS for the last ten years - rant over), is just unrealistic. This whole thing is voluntary and in a way an anachronism. You wouldn't invent Rochdale AFC.

Be easy. Some have saved this club out of their own pocket and yet every so and so with a cut price ST wants his pound of flesh. KH has doubled our promotion history on his own. Yes hold to account but we're all human and frankly these past 10/12 years are as good as its gonna get.
Login to get fewer ads

At What Point..... on 09:58 - Feb 24 with 11689 viewsCamdenDale

It's just a game. ;)
At What Point..... on 10:01 - Feb 24 with 11678 viewsR17ALE

At What Point..... on 09:49 - Feb 24 by CamdenDale

Lots of emotion around and this forum here for all to vent all they feel. Hurrah for that.

I feel all this stuff too. It is proper annoying when things like ticket office opening hours mean you can't get a ticket for Wembley, the online ticketing feels like your on Netscape in dial-up years and KH scores embarrassing own goals re the support.

But let's just back off here. D'A says no club, no careers for some without the fans and fair play. But it seems we're a hard faced lot. Small football clubs need all the help they can get and back to Fred R and beyond it's goodwill that keeps it going. Football at our level is just not a viable business as such and to expect everything to run as if it was a plc (and don't get me started on the proper massive f***-ups in this world - your income tax has been paying for the chancers who ran RBS for the last ten years - rant over), is just unrealistic. This whole thing is voluntary and in a way an anachronism. You wouldn't invent Rochdale AFC.

Be easy. Some have saved this club out of their own pocket and yet every so and so with a cut price ST wants his pound of flesh. KH has doubled our promotion history on his own. Yes hold to account but we're all human and frankly these past 10/12 years are as good as its gonna get.

I thought that ten years ago about the prior ten years.

And ten years previously, I thought the same too about the preceding ten years.

In fact the club has been on an upward curve since I first walked in 35 years ago!

I've got a cheap ST, but I don't want a pound of flesh.

However, I would like the tannoy turned down significantly.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

At What Point..... on 10:09 - Feb 24 with 11641 viewsCamdenDale

At What Point..... on 10:01 - Feb 24 by R17ALE

I thought that ten years ago about the prior ten years.

And ten years previously, I thought the same too about the preceding ten years.

In fact the club has been on an upward curve since I first walked in 35 years ago!

I've got a cheap ST, but I don't want a pound of flesh.

However, I would like the tannoy turned down significantly.

The freakin tannoy is as properly annoying as the berk shouting into the business end of it. And I like the Roses.

Now, everyone smile, derby of sorts today and Wembley on Wednesday. Up the Dale!!
At What Point..... on 10:15 - Feb 24 with 11627 views442Dale

It’s simply a case of taking on board customers’ valid issues and having a desire to make things better or dismissing them as negativity.

Nobody is doubting things can’t ever be perfect and people do their best. But there has to be an acceptance that some things need to improve.

On the subject of the tannoy, posted above, I’ve contacted the Trust to ask them to follow up with the club on the agreement that directors would go around the ground at a home game to check the sound levels. Will update with their response when received.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

At What Point..... on 10:17 - Feb 24 with 11608 viewsCamdenDale

At What Point..... on 10:15 - Feb 24 by 442Dale

It’s simply a case of taking on board customers’ valid issues and having a desire to make things better or dismissing them as negativity.

Nobody is doubting things can’t ever be perfect and people do their best. But there has to be an acceptance that some things need to improve.

On the subject of the tannoy, posted above, I’ve contacted the Trust to ask them to follow up with the club on the agreement that directors would go around the ground at a home game to check the sound levels. Will update with their response when received.

Yes, yes and yes 442. That is the spirit!!
At What Point..... on 10:22 - Feb 24 with 11577 viewsSuddenLad

At What Point..... on 10:09 - Feb 24 by CamdenDale

The freakin tannoy is as properly annoying as the berk shouting into the business end of it. And I like the Roses.

Now, everyone smile, derby of sorts today and Wembley on Wednesday. Up the Dale!!

Being advertised as a rehearsal for the FA Cup final......... 😉

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

At What Point..... on 10:25 - Feb 24 with 11563 viewsCamdenDale

Just one thing 442. We are not customers at our football club - we are supporters. Customers go to City, Chelsea and Tesco.
At What Point..... on 10:34 - Feb 24 with 11523 views442Dale

At What Point..... on 10:25 - Feb 24 by CamdenDale

Just one thing 442. We are not customers at our football club - we are supporters. Customers go to City, Chelsea and Tesco.

Yeah, totally agree. But had to give them one concession in the modern age where money, and custom, appears to be king.

At What Point..... on 10:43 - Feb 24 with 11484 viewsDaleiLama

At What Point..... on 10:25 - Feb 24 by CamdenDale

I fundamentally disagree with this contention. Lack of customer focus is the reason our gates have dwindled to where we are now. It hasn't been a football problem. If fans had been treated like customers they wouldn't be so disaffected now. The ST fiasco this year showed how difficult it will be to attract them back too.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

At What Point..... on 10:48 - Feb 24 with 11472 viewsD_Alien

At What Point..... on 09:49 - Feb 24 by CamdenDale

All equally true!

I just feel we're at a dangerous moment, having just witnessed the kind of display and result many of us have waited a lifetime for. Will fans feel it won't get better than that? We can survive relegation and return stronger, but not if the club continue with it's current attitude. 442 has it right, it's about being responsive, not dismissive

When I wrote to the director, I started by thanking him for the work and financial support he put into the club, before asking what was the purpose of Rochdale FC, which exists for no other reason than to provide entertainment for its customers. The office staff have been brilliant but the office functions now need to be geared towards the possibility of success

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

At What Point..... on 10:57 - Feb 24 with 11426 viewslurker

At What Point..... on 09:36 - Feb 24 by Barrowdale

4 of us wont renew next year if that pr1ck wont turn the shite tannoy down or off. We want to chat to each other at half time, discuss the game, orher scores not have heads blasted. We have emailed the club but they dont seem interested. My 80yr old mum has already stopped as it gives her headache. All because of one self important manc bell end TURN IT DOWN

Honestly the post of the year so far!
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 10:58]
At What Point..... on 11:10 - Feb 24 with 11367 viewsCamdenDale

At What Point..... on 10:43 - Feb 24 by DaleiLama

I fundamentally disagree with this contention. Lack of customer focus is the reason our gates have dwindled to where we are now. It hasn't been a football problem. If fans had been treated like customers they wouldn't be so disaffected now. The ST fiasco this year showed how difficult it will be to attract them back too.

Well, I respect that view, but differ, I suppose you could say fundamentally. Gates at the club are and will remain more or less the same and have done since the inception of the club. No branding, marketing or customer focus will ever change that.

Humans are not economic units, inevitably swayed by bells and whistles to anticipate marginal enjoyment from any given activity, much as it seems we are.
At What Point..... on 11:12 - Feb 24 with 11351 viewsCamdenDale

At What Point..... on 10:57 - Feb 24 by lurker

Honestly the post of the year so far!
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 10:58]

Yes! Post of the decade!!
At What Point..... on 11:18 - Feb 24 with 11312 viewssouthealingdale

Started watching in 1979.

Loved the way I could walk around the ground back then. Loved going to the different kiosks for pie and peas. Loved leaning over the wall or standing on the hill. Loved the paper programmes and team sheets as you walked in.

The innocence has gone but isn't that the same for all of the 92.

Football has changed over those 40 years and not all of it for the better.

I still think about Martinez, Wann, Esser, Wellings. I can still conjure up the smell of the place in 1979.

Walking up to the ground; giddy with excitement. Didn't matter who we were playing.

All of my mates were utd or city or burnley or leeds.

Rochdale were my club. Everyone always asks who are your second team - I always reply I haven't got one.

I lost my heart to the place the first moment I arrived.

I left Rochdale in 1993.

The club is the one thing that keeps me coming back. Not as often as I'd like but it still draws me back.

Sunday at home v Tottenham was for me the moment my club mattered to everyone not just me.

My 10 year old son, went into school in London on Monday and for the first time he could tell them the Dale score with none of his friends replying "who are rochdale" "who is your second team".

Have never seen him happier.

They are his team now too and will always be.

The custodians of the club - those that kept it going in the dark times - those who recently have improved it have my thanks.

It is a magnificent club and we should rejoice.

@upthedale on Twitter

At What Point..... on 11:27 - Feb 24 with 11274 views56years

Our club is not perfect but if you live outside the Rochdale AFC 'goldfish bowl' and put our club in context with many others we don't know how lucky we are, and at the risk of receiving the usual invective from some, you haven't got a clue!
Do you ever talk to other club's supporters? Do they say how great their club and manager is? Get real and stop moaning!
At What Point..... on 11:31 - Feb 24 with 11253 views442Dale

At What Point..... on 11:27 - Feb 24 by 56years

Our club is not perfect but if you live outside the Rochdale AFC 'goldfish bowl' and put our club in context with many others we don't know how lucky we are, and at the risk of receiving the usual invective from some, you haven't got a clue!
Do you ever talk to other club's supporters? Do they say how great their club and manager is? Get real and stop moaning!

Read the posts in this thread and the general theme isn’t moaning, it’s a collective desire to make things better than what they are. Not unrealistic, not unreasonable, simply sensible people wanting a sensible improvement.

At What Point..... on 11:36 - Feb 24 with 11220 viewsjudd

At What Point..... on 11:31 - Feb 24 by 442Dale

Read the posts in this thread and the general theme isn’t moaning, it’s a collective desire to make things better than what they are. Not unrealistic, not unreasonable, simply sensible people wanting a sensible improvement.

Not really interested in other clubs as they aren't the one I support.

With regards ticket sales today, I wonder why they could not be sold in the club shop his morning? They are pre-printed.

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024