Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? 10:49 - Mar 22 with 16712 viewsmexmike

As per the title, what happend to team Rochdale, ive never felt more detached from the club as I do right now, in 25 years of following the dale.

Its hard to put my finger on what it is, maybe due to work I cant get to every game now but there still seems to be a growing gap between the already tiny fan base and the club itself.

I see the things they are doing, like this £65 gala dinner (cancelled after fan outrage) Wembley coaches more expensive than all the other coach companies (reduced after 're-negotiating' to name just a few.
I watch Hills post match interviews and after terrible defeats and performances he almost seems to be grinning about it.

Like I say, maybe its just me but I do personally think the club and the fans are growing further apart, something a club like ours cant afford to do!
Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 20:27 - Mar 22 with 2617 viewsSuddenLad

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 20:09 - Mar 22 by rochdale_ranger

Don’t like it go and watch city/Utd? Word for word what one of the older supporters said to the younger lot who were complaining about our shit performance at Bradford away. I thought our aim was to become an established league one side. The last day or two has confirmed it’s also the fans of this club who are tinpot as well as some of our directors and our manager who sees no shame in us going down.

Where is the shame in relegation ? I can understand lots of emotions, bitter disappointment and the like, but not shame.

It happens to plenty of clubs every year. Clubs and managers re-group and go again.

Anyway, we are a long way from it yet.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 20:27 - Mar 22 with 2613 views442Dale

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 20:20 - Mar 22 by rochdale_ranger

The ones who don’t think we belong in league 1 and see no shame in us going back to the basement division. And the ones who pretend they were on a noble crusade to bring the club back to the working classes by getting the Gala night cancelled when the reality is they didn’t want to spend a few quid on a night out.Ive been told that isn’t the reason and to go to the trust desk next Saturday to have a chat.

I was one of those fans who objected to the idea of the Gala night incorporating the awards, am I tinpot?

As I've posted previously, it was nothing to do with "working classes".

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 20:31 - Mar 22 with 2597 viewsTVOS1907

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 20:25 - Mar 22 by rochdale_ranger

Out of interest is anyone going to attend the normal awards night if we get relegated and after all the bad feeling after galagate? Imagine it will be a right ball, wouldn’t be a shit atmosphere at all.

No, I probably won't be going, but I wasn't going to the Town Hall either and cost has absolutely nothing to do with it, so what's your point?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 20:33 - Mar 22 with 2583 viewsjudd

I objected to the gala diner because my son could not go and because of the way the awards were assumed to belong to the club. Also the anniversaries and Wembley gubbins.

I will be going with my son if the awards are held as usual.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 21:04 - Mar 22 with 2510 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 20:27 - Mar 22 by SuddenLad

Where is the shame in relegation ? I can understand lots of emotions, bitter disappointment and the like, but not shame.

It happens to plenty of clubs every year. Clubs and managers re-group and go again.

Anyway, we are a long way from it yet.

The real shame is that in January 2017 we were in 4th place and received a £2 million plus windfall.

Without busting the bank we could have had a real go at the playoffs and taken the club to a level never reached before.

What happened was that the powers that be cacked themselves and we will soon be the tin pot L2 team that they are comfortable with!

I would also be interested to hear off any genuine Hartlepool fan whether they think that they are in the mire now because Russ Green left or because he was there in the first place?

Lets hope we don't find out by history repeating itself!
[Post edited 22 Mar 2018 21:06]

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 21:13 - Mar 22 with 2480 viewsD_Alien

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 21:04 - Mar 22 by SteTsGoldenBoot

The real shame is that in January 2017 we were in 4th place and received a £2 million plus windfall.

Without busting the bank we could have had a real go at the playoffs and taken the club to a level never reached before.

What happened was that the powers that be cacked themselves and we will soon be the tin pot L2 team that they are comfortable with!

I would also be interested to hear off any genuine Hartlepool fan whether they think that they are in the mire now because Russ Green left or because he was there in the first place?

Great initial point, not so sure about the second

Just over 12 months ago we really did look primed for something special, which just goes to show that such chances have to be grabbed when they arise, not knowing what might be around the corner

It'd be wrong to think that a CEO had such an effect on on-field performance though, surely? The ST initiative there really did take off, and they still get gates which are possibly averaging higher than ourselves off the back of it

[Post edited 22 Mar 2018 21:17]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 21:22 - Mar 22 with 2454 viewsrochdale_ranger

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 20:19 - Mar 22 by TVOS1907

Why do you keep having a go at other fans?

'Tinpot' and 'tight wads' are two descriptions you've used this week, both of which are inaccurate, unfair and show a complete disregard for others' personal circumstances and opinions.

What makes you so special that you can keep referring to others in such a way?

When people are acting like Herbert’s and threatening kids for calling the team out on a shite performance I’ll call it out. If you want to take personal offence that’s your look out offence is taken it’s not given. There is enough threads and posts calling the kids with the drum scrotes and chavs etc where are you when all that’s been posted. It’s only because your obviously in one of the perceived groups that I’m calling out that your questioning me.
Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 21:43 - Mar 22 with 2414 viewskel

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 19:24 - Mar 22 by dingdangblue

Maybe start going watching City? There recruiting last summer was pretty good. Heaven forbid Hill can't uncover a Hogan/Dawson on a free every fooking year.

It’s their not there...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/220403/3101222/carrying-ca
Login to get fewer ads

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 21:50 - Mar 22 with 2386 viewsTVOS1907

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 21:22 - Mar 22 by rochdale_ranger

When people are acting like Herbert’s and threatening kids for calling the team out on a shite performance I’ll call it out. If you want to take personal offence that’s your look out offence is taken it’s not given. There is enough threads and posts calling the kids with the drum scrotes and chavs etc where are you when all that’s been posted. It’s only because your obviously in one of the perceived groups that I’m calling out that your questioning me.

I'm not personally offended, nor am I in any perceived group.

I'm questioning you because I think your tone towards other Dale fans and what they can/can't afford is out of order and uncalled for.

Why are you bringing up the drum? That was done to death in November, coincidentally around the same time you appeared on here.

I'll say the same as I said then - the drum, in my opinion, is very annoying and adds nothing to matchday.

That's nothing personal against the Dale drum or its drummer; I'd say the same about all sorts of manufactured atmospheres, from drums to trumpets to OTT tannoymen who forget we haven't turned up to listen to them!

I'm also struggling to understand why you have brought up what happened at Bradford in reply to me. I was there, but sat nowhere near where these incidents and threats are alleged to have happened.

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 21:51 - Mar 22 with 2381 viewsTVOS1907

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 21:04 - Mar 22 by SteTsGoldenBoot

I think Hartlepool's demise has more to do with poor managerial appointments, especially Dave Jones in January 2017, than anything else.

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 22:06 - Mar 22 with 2345 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 21:13 - Mar 22 by D_Alien

Great initial point, not so sure about the second

Just over 12 months ago we really did look primed for something special, which just goes to show that such chances have to be grabbed when they arise, not knowing what might be around the corner

It'd be wrong to think that a CEO had such an effect on on-field performance though, surely? The ST initiative there really did take off, and they still get gates which are possibly averaging higher than ourselves off the back of it

[Post edited 22 Mar 2018 21:17]

The RG point was more to do with the off field disasters, although I think the sanctioning of the managers five year contract plus contracts that will see a number of players to the end of their league careers has taken the hunger out of the team. The last three home games have proved that.

Its as though the chairman has decided to take a back seat and so has everyone else!

When the fans stop being angry and just cant be arsed is when the club has real problems.

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 22:23 - Mar 22 with 2303 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 21:51 - Mar 22 by TVOS1907

I think Hartlepool's demise has more to do with poor managerial appointments, especially Dave Jones in January 2017, than anything else.

Dave Jones 18 game spell scaled up over a full season would have yielded 41 points.

A total that we may struggle to beat this season.

Hopefully this season is just a blip, the club gets its mojo back very soon and RG is the man for the job.

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 22:30 - Mar 22 with 2290 viewsrochdale_ranger

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 21:50 - Mar 22 by TVOS1907

I'm not personally offended, nor am I in any perceived group.

I'm questioning you because I think your tone towards other Dale fans and what they can/can't afford is out of order and uncalled for.

Why are you bringing up the drum? That was done to death in November, coincidentally around the same time you appeared on here.

I'll say the same as I said then - the drum, in my opinion, is very annoying and adds nothing to matchday.

That's nothing personal against the Dale drum or its drummer; I'd say the same about all sorts of manufactured atmospheres, from drums to trumpets to OTT tannoymen who forget we haven't turned up to listen to them!

I'm also struggling to understand why you have brought up what happened at Bradford in reply to me. I was there, but sat nowhere near where these incidents and threats are alleged to have happened.

I think sixty five quid isn’t an unreasonable amount for a gala dinner with a guest speaker. SOME people used that as an reason that the event should have been called off. I think that’s pretty weak. Especially when people start bringing abstract notions like class into it “sixty five quid prices the working class out of it” incidentally in my experience people that bang in about how working class they are are usually painfully dull middle class people. I once watched two poncey students in a bar on Oxford road get into a fight over who was more “working class”

I’m bringing the drum into it because it illustrates that other supporters are fair game for being personally slagged of and sneered at on here and nothing really gets said in their defence. Words like chav and scrote etc I think that’s out of order. And what does when I started posting on here have to do with anything?
Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 22:35 - Mar 22 with 2284 viewsrochdale_ranger

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 22:06 - Mar 22 by SteTsGoldenBoot

The RG point was more to do with the off field disasters, although I think the sanctioning of the managers five year contract plus contracts that will see a number of players to the end of their league careers has taken the hunger out of the team. The last three home games have proved that.

Its as though the chairman has decided to take a back seat and so has everyone else!

When the fans stop being angry and just cant be arsed is when the club has real problems.

I’m getting that way to be honest. Thinking of not renewing next year. Hill telling fans not to bother turning up was a big one for me. If we get relegated I would be disappointed but I could muster enough to probably renew my season ticket but it’s the attitude of the management which is disappointing at the moment.
Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 23:00 - Mar 22 with 2226 viewsTVOS1907

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 22:30 - Mar 22 by rochdale_ranger

I think sixty five quid isn’t an unreasonable amount for a gala dinner with a guest speaker. SOME people used that as an reason that the event should have been called off. I think that’s pretty weak. Especially when people start bringing abstract notions like class into it “sixty five quid prices the working class out of it” incidentally in my experience people that bang in about how working class they are are usually painfully dull middle class people. I once watched two poncey students in a bar on Oxford road get into a fight over who was more “working class”

I’m bringing the drum into it because it illustrates that other supporters are fair game for being personally slagged of and sneered at on here and nothing really gets said in their defence. Words like chav and scrote etc I think that’s out of order. And what does when I started posting on here have to do with anything?

You just don’t get it, do you?

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 23:02 - Mar 22 with 2218 viewsTVOS1907

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 22:23 - Mar 22 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Dave Jones 18 game spell scaled up over a full season would have yielded 41 points.

A total that we may struggle to beat this season.

Hopefully this season is just a blip, the club gets its mojo back very soon and RG is the man for the job.

Aye!

We’ll still be there, though, Ste, as our record’s never been called into question.

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 23:02 - Mar 22 with 2220 viewsdingdangblue

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 22:35 - Mar 22 by rochdale_ranger

I’m getting that way to be honest. Thinking of not renewing next year. Hill telling fans not to bother turning up was a big one for me. If we get relegated I would be disappointed but I could muster enough to probably renew my season ticket but it’s the attitude of the management which is disappointing at the moment.

Why do you keep banging on about Hill telling fans not to turn up? He didn't say that... he said if you are going to bring anxiety to the team (being a negative fan) - then don't turn up. What's wrong with that? Fans shouting at players to 'get off' or 'you're shite' every time there's a misplaced pass is pathetic.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 23:07 - Mar 22 with 2212 viewsrochdale_ranger

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 23:00 - Mar 22 by TVOS1907

Some people didn’t like the idea of it because; kids couldn’t go, it awarded players with awards that were conceived with other people’s and organisations names, they felt it was taking away from the fans their night, some people thought sixty five quid was a bit steep.

I totally get it even if I don’t agree with all of it. But of all the shite we have put up with as fans this season why has the biggest outcry been against a fooking awards do. That’s why I think the complaints are tinpot and petty. And now we’ve got an article in the MEN making us out to be even more tinpot then we are.
Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 23:14 - Mar 22 with 2201 viewsTVOS1907

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 23:07 - Mar 22 by rochdale_ranger

Some people didn’t like the idea of it because; kids couldn’t go, it awarded players with awards that were conceived with other people’s and organisations names, they felt it was taking away from the fans their night, some people thought sixty five quid was a bit steep.

I totally get it even if I don’t agree with all of it. But of all the shite we have put up with as fans this season why has the biggest outcry been against a fooking awards do. That’s why I think the complaints are tinpot and petty. And now we’ve got an article in the MEN making us out to be even more tinpot then we are.

...in your opinion.

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 23:19 - Mar 22 with 2194 viewsdownunder

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 23:00 - Mar 22 by TVOS1907

No, Ranger does not get it. I agree with him, 65 quid is not bad for a Sportsman's dinner, but the ire by the majority is how the Club (or representatives of the Club) have presented the Event. This has been pointed several times, and options have on how it should have been presented have also been offered. Yet Ranger seems to ignore that, and have a go at all and sundry. When Ranger had a go at Kiwidale, for not attending games, he also attacked all other exiles.
Just because we cannot attend all or only occasional game, does not mean we do not CARE.
Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 23:53 - Mar 22 with 2162 viewsTVOS1907

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 23:19 - Mar 22 by downunder

No, Ranger does not get it. I agree with him, 65 quid is not bad for a Sportsman's dinner, but the ire by the majority is how the Club (or representatives of the Club) have presented the Event. This has been pointed several times, and options have on how it should have been presented have also been offered. Yet Ranger seems to ignore that, and have a go at all and sundry. When Ranger had a go at Kiwidale, for not attending games, he also attacked all other exiles.
Just because we cannot attend all or only occasional game, does not mean we do not CARE.

It was more a case of the demeaning way he called his fellow fans “tinpot” and “tight wads” that annoyed the most.

He knows NOTHING about the personal circumstances of Dale fans outside his own circle of friends and as such, has no right whatsoever to label people in that way.

Stating how comfortable he is in his own life (job, house, car) just took things even lower.

I know there are plenty of people who post on here and who go to Dale games who are probably a lot more comfortable than Ranger, but who don’t see the need or reason to post about it to back-up their points.

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 08:06 - Mar 23 with 2013 viewsjudd

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 23:53 - Mar 22 by TVOS1907

It was more a case of the demeaning way he called his fellow fans “tinpot” and “tight wads” that annoyed the most.

He knows NOTHING about the personal circumstances of Dale fans outside his own circle of friends and as such, has no right whatsoever to label people in that way.

Stating how comfortable he is in his own life (job, house, car) just took things even lower.

I know there are plenty of people who post on here and who go to Dale games who are probably a lot more comfortable than Ranger, but who don’t see the need or reason to post about it to back-up their points.

Like me.

We had beans with sausages on our toast last night.

Beat that, Ranger.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 08:10 - Mar 23 with 2014 viewsdingdangblue

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 21:43 - Mar 22 by kel

It’s their not there...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/220403/3101222/carrying-ca

Cheers Kol

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 08:43 - Mar 23 with 1961 viewskel

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 08:10 - Mar 23 by dingdangblue

Cheers Kol

No problem. Happy to help.
Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 09:20 - Mar 23 with 1890 viewsScunnydale

Whatever happend to #TEAMROCHDALE??? on 20:20 - Mar 22 by rochdale_ranger

The ones who don’t think we belong in league 1 and see no shame in us going back to the basement division. And the ones who pretend they were on a noble crusade to bring the club back to the working classes by getting the Gala night cancelled when the reality is they didn’t want to spend a few quid on a night out.Ive been told that isn’t the reason and to go to the trust desk next Saturday to have a chat.

"The ones who don’t think we belong in league 1 and see no shame in us going back to the basement division"

There's a lot of difference between those two points.

Does anyone "belong" in League One (apart from Oldham?). I'd wager most people see us as capable of holding our own in L1 as we have done in previous seasons. No one has a divine right to stay in a certain league, especially at the lower league levels.

There is no 'shame' in getting relegated. It's disappointing and we'd all rather stay in League One this season. But, as mentioned in the previous paragraph, no one has a divine right to stay in a certain league. Four teams get relegated each season. Those four teams are the ones who gained the fewest points. If that's us, then so be it. I hope we try to avoid it, but it has to happen to someone. Bigger clubs than us have got relegated, and I'm not belittling 'Little" Rochdale, I mean clubs who have won FA Cups of been in the top-flight in recent memory, and clubs who can regularly attract 10K+ to home games.

"a noble crusade to bring the club back to the working classes by getting the Gala night cancelled"

I don't think the intention of most people was to get the night cancelled, but rather get the traditional end-of-season event reinstated. Most people have said they would have been happy for both events to go ahead and were hoping the club were going to announce just that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024