Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollie 09:58 - Mar 23 with 23206 viewsGloucs_R

Where are we all at now with him?

He's playing a number of younger players
We're not getting relegated this season
He's got his own scouting team in place now
Ramsey has been brought into the first team set up
We've switched to 4-2-3-1 which works better for us

Do we stick with him for another year?

I've always wanted him to do well but he's pushed my over the egde this season a few times. Mainly with the whole 5 at the back system..and I don't care if Dave Mc says Ollie never wanted to play this system..he did, he stuck by it and we were mainly poor.

As long as he has an experienced coach in the dug out with him, I'd stick for the time being.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ollie on 16:33 - Mar 27 with 2334 viewsW13R

Ollie on 14:52 - Mar 27 by PinnerPaul

You're quite right about your opinion of NW v IH, but its stretching it to say 'We let NW go to Cardiff'

As you say, he went somewhere else first!

Also to suggest we should have abandoned/sacked dof to accommodate him is, IN MY OPINION, ridiculous.

As you would say 'OK, I'll bite' (I hope the little clique got off on this one)

Where did I suggest or say we should abandon/sack the DOF?

Like I said, it's all about opinions but you and a certain few on here like to pull other posters up on the slightest issue that they do not agree with. No wonder I can't be bothered posting on the general threads more often, it must be because of all the far superior fans we seem to have on here.

Shame, as this used to be a good message board but sadly over the last year or two it has gone down hill because of a few. Mind you it does have the Frankie Friday Thread where thankfully you can post without the down arrow being thrown about by people who don't even know you?!

Peace and love to all the decent posters on here.
Ollie on 16:53 - Mar 27 with 2298 viewssimmo

Ollie on 16:33 - Mar 27 by W13R

Like I said, it's all about opinions but you and a certain few on here like to pull other posters up on the slightest issue that they do not agree with. No wonder I can't be bothered posting on the general threads more often, it must be because of all the far superior fans we seem to have on here.

Shame, as this used to be a good message board but sadly over the last year or two it has gone down hill because of a few. Mind you it does have the Frankie Friday Thread where thankfully you can post without the down arrow being thrown about by people who don't even know you?!

Not overly fussed about wading into the argument here but it seems from your back and forth that the points taken issue with were not your 'opinions', but the facts of the situation which maybe were misinterpreted.

i.e. - we didn't lose Warnock to Cardiff, he didn't want a managers job and only changed his mind once we found someone else

Your opinion that Warnock was the best manager and we should have done more to get him once he did decide to get back involved is fair enough and one a lot will agree with, but I don't think anybody could have predicted he'd take the Rotherham job or subsequently the Cardiff role, it was contrary to what he was saying for one. It's maybe a chance missed by us but that ship's def sailed now as it looks as though he's Cardiff boss for at least the next season.

Would you have any ideas on who could replace Olly in the summer?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ollie on 17:13 - Mar 27 with 2251 viewsW13R

Ollie on 16:53 - Mar 27 by simmo

Not overly fussed about wading into the argument here but it seems from your back and forth that the points taken issue with were not your 'opinions', but the facts of the situation which maybe were misinterpreted.

i.e. - we didn't lose Warnock to Cardiff, he didn't want a managers job and only changed his mind once we found someone else

Your opinion that Warnock was the best manager and we should have done more to get him once he did decide to get back involved is fair enough and one a lot will agree with, but I don't think anybody could have predicted he'd take the Rotherham job or subsequently the Cardiff role, it was contrary to what he was saying for one. It's maybe a chance missed by us but that ship's def sailed now as it looks as though he's Cardiff boss for at least the next season.

Would you have any ideas on who could replace Olly in the summer?

Can't be arsed to tell the truth as my view would be irrelevant to the usual suspects and superior intellects on here.

Down arrow to your heart's content ladies and gentleman, as a wise old man once said 'I frankly don't give a damn'
Ollie on 17:23 - Mar 27 with 2228 viewsTacticalR

One other thing that slipped my mind about the Ollie podcast was that he said we were too hell for leather in attack and should rest in possession/rest on the ball (or words to that effect).

Air hostess clique

Ollie on 17:37 - Mar 27 with 2206 viewsAntti_Heinola

I wouldn't worry about the down arrow mate, it's a reaction to a view, not your personality, so whether someone knows you or not is irrelevant!

The love for Warnock makes me laugh though. In the lead up to when he was fired, there were very, very few of us advocating that he should stay. This board was overrun with people telling us he's out of his depth. Now you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone to admit they campaigned to have him sacked. not saying that's you, it just makes me laugh.

I love Warnock, but only a fool would suggest he's anything other than a mendacious sod (said with love) - that's been proven a thousand times over. He's gone, he's been back since and thanked the fans, there doesn't seem to be any animosity anywhere, I'm not really sure why people still argue over what might have / could have happened. I'd agree he's a better manager than Ollie - he certainly has a better overall record (apart from his debacle at Leeds, which was truly a work of sh!te), but I can't see the point in that argument. NW is ancient history.

As for 'pulling people up' on issues - that's surely what a message board is about? Debating different points of view? Has anyone been rude?

Bare bones.

Ollie on 17:59 - Mar 27 with 2163 viewssimmo

Ollie on 17:13 - Mar 27 by W13R

Can't be arsed to tell the truth as my view would be irrelevant to the usual suspects and superior intellects on here.

Down arrow to your heart's content ladies and gentleman, as a wise old man once said 'I frankly don't give a damn'

It definitely seems like you don't care.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ollie on 18:18 - Mar 27 with 2142 viewsW13R

Ollie on 17:59 - Mar 27 by simmo

It definitely seems like you don't care.

Yep, you are most probably correct.

I am getting grumpy in my old age and don't agree/like some of the holier than thou attitudes on here sometimes. Best I leave it though as I may say something I will regret with certain posters for the way they reply and come across to other posters.

Peace and love and up the R's!
Ollie on 18:22 - Mar 27 with 2139 viewsngbqpr

I can't be arsed to trawl around looking for old interviews...and don't claim to be ITK in any way whatsoever...but during NW's caretaker spell I do very distinctly remember him saying more than once he was after a DoF role...we had a DoF so that was that (plus as mentioned above, he then said he changed his mind after him & his wife had a heart to heart).

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Login to get fewer ads

Ollie on 18:23 - Mar 27 with 2135 viewsW13R

Ollie on 17:37 - Mar 27 by Antti_Heinola

I wouldn't worry about the down arrow mate, it's a reaction to a view, not your personality, so whether someone knows you or not is irrelevant!

The love for Warnock makes me laugh though. In the lead up to when he was fired, there were very, very few of us advocating that he should stay. This board was overrun with people telling us he's out of his depth. Now you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone to admit they campaigned to have him sacked. not saying that's you, it just makes me laugh.

I love Warnock, but only a fool would suggest he's anything other than a mendacious sod (said with love) - that's been proven a thousand times over. He's gone, he's been back since and thanked the fans, there doesn't seem to be any animosity anywhere, I'm not really sure why people still argue over what might have / could have happened. I'd agree he's a better manager than Ollie - he certainly has a better overall record (apart from his debacle at Leeds, which was truly a work of sh!te), but I can't see the point in that argument. NW is ancient history.

As for 'pulling people up' on issues - that's surely what a message board is about? Debating different points of view? Has anyone been rude?

Debating yes, but I am sure you know the other dark arts that go on here
Ollie on 18:32 - Mar 27 with 2120 viewsDorse

Ollie on 18:23 - Mar 27 by W13R

Debating yes, but I am sure you know the other dark arts that go on here

Look, as I told the inquest, those people were already in the wicker man when I found them. And as for the robes, my jeans were in the wash.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ollie on 19:07 - Mar 27 with 2080 viewsEsox_Lucius

I have no idea who you are and quite possibly see you at games, maybe even chat before and afterwards but your posts are just making you come off as a passive/ aggressive victim. You appear to be intelligent so I'm not quite sure why you would be going down that route.
FWIW I am definitely in the anti Colin camp but that goes way back to him as a manager of opposing clubs before arriving at QPR. I would also give him credit for getting the best out of Adel but the best I can offer as support or him would be to state that he is definitely a manager you want on the inside pissing out rather than the outside pissing which seems to be his default position in any managerial job he has taken on. I would also agree with the poster above who, whilst getting a few points on the board, said the football played when he returned for a few games was absolutely dire. Peace & love back at you.

The grass is always greener.

Ollie on 19:21 - Mar 27 with 2058 viewsW13R

Ollie on 18:32 - Mar 27 by Dorse

Look, as I told the inquest, those people were already in the wicker man when I found them. And as for the robes, my jeans were in the wash.

Dorse, it’s not funny fella....... I’m having a meltdown here!
Ollie on 19:37 - Mar 27 with 2037 viewsW13R

Ollie on 19:07 - Mar 27 by Esox_Lucius

I have no idea who you are and quite possibly see you at games, maybe even chat before and afterwards but your posts are just making you come off as a passive/ aggressive victim. You appear to be intelligent so I'm not quite sure why you would be going down that route.
FWIW I am definitely in the anti Colin camp but that goes way back to him as a manager of opposing clubs before arriving at QPR. I would also give him credit for getting the best out of Adel but the best I can offer as support or him would be to state that he is definitely a manager you want on the inside pissing out rather than the outside pissing which seems to be his default position in any managerial job he has taken on. I would also agree with the poster above who, whilst getting a few points on the board, said the football played when he returned for a few games was absolutely dire. Peace & love back at you.

Victim - Do me a favour.
Passive - Yes.
Aggressive - No, not unless poked with a sharp stick.
Intelligent- Well thank you.
Ollie - Sorry, but not my cup of tea.

Peace & love to those who deserve it.
Ollie on 19:41 - Mar 27 with 2037 viewsPunteR

Not sure why W13R is getting a bit of stick. His original post was fair and honest enough but it has now been put through the meat grinder of LFW and served up on several plates.

He's a top selector of quality House tunes,a QPR fan of over 40 years, thats good enough for me. :) Top bloke. So what if he wanted Warnock.?
Thats all been been done to death anyway.
We shouldnt have sacked him in the first place.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ollie on 19:46 - Mar 27 with 2024 viewsRoller

Does this help nudge any memories?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11711/10064649/qpr-interim-head-coach-nei
Ollie on 20:27 - Mar 27 with 1972 viewsW13R

Ollie on 19:41 - Mar 27 by PunteR

Not sure why W13R is getting a bit of stick. His original post was fair and honest enough but it has now been put through the meat grinder of LFW and served up on several plates.

He's a top selector of quality House tunes,a QPR fan of over 40 years, thats good enough for me. :) Top bloke. So what if he wanted Warnock.?

Cheers Punter, you’re a top lad too. Great posts and great taste in music.
Thank god the clique don’t post on FF as I would soon f*ck off.
Just my take, but I reckon a few on here have inferiority issues or were bullied at some stage of their life. So hence the reason why they think they can reply and treat people in the way they do. They know who they are and I hope Karma comes and visits them one day.

Peace and love to all the good people out there.
Ollie on 20:28 - Mar 27 with 1976 viewsCiderwithRsie

Ollie on 19:41 - Mar 27 by PunteR

All I can see that he said was that if asked "who instead of Ollie" his answer would be Warnock. Probably wouldn't be my choice, but it's a reasonable opinion. The ins and outs of Warnock's two departures are a bit by-the-by, the only question is whether we could get him now. I'd have thought not, but it'd be a brave man who bet against Warnock not changing clubs, he's the 21st Century Tommy Docherty.

(Just googled to check the spelling, and The Doc will be 90 in a month's time - top effort, considering, even if he is one of That Lot.)
Ollie on 14:58 - Mar 28 with 1828 viewsPinnerPaul

Would love to know what clique I'm supposed to belong to?

Its all about opinions, as long as other don't contradict yours I see.

Never used down arrow (or up) in my life!
Ollie on 15:01 - Mar 28 with 1822 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ollie on 14:58 - Mar 28 by PinnerPaul

just down arrowed you PP! Suck it!

Bare bones.

Ollie on 17:11 - Mar 28 with 1762 viewsdaveB

Ollie on 17:23 - Mar 27 by TacticalR

One other thing that slipped my mind about the Ollie podcast was that he said we were too hell for leather in attack and should rest in possession/rest on the ball (or words to that effect).

I think he's right about that. it's rare we keep the ball for a few minutes and take the sting out of a game, thats the next step we have to take as a team
Ollie on 17:56 - Mar 28 with 1726 viewsPinnerPaul

Ollie on 15:01 - Mar 28 by Antti_Heinola

just down arrowed you PP! Suck it!

Honestly AH I have never ever used them or even looked at them - just find it a bit childish - my age I expect.

My old gits rules are if you disagree and can be bothered - post a reply, if you don't or can't be then don't!

If someone steps over the line - ignore them and then you won't be bothered again.

Easy!
Ollie on 18:00 - Mar 28 with 1716 viewsW13R

Ollie on 14:58 - Mar 28 by PinnerPaul

As my kids would say is this 'bantz' or are you just stalking me now?
Ollie on 18:00 - Mar 28 with 1717 viewsPinnerPaul

Ollie on 17:11 - Mar 28 by daveB

I think he's right about that. it's rare we keep the ball for a few minutes and take the sting out of a game, thats the next step we have to take as a team

Agree there Dave, except I think he's being a tad optimistic.

If you're Barcelona or Man City and regularly have 70% + possession stats its a bit easier to be calm in possession.

Our possession in good areas is obviously not as frequent as that - hence the players' desire to make the most of it.

Plus I don't think we the crowd, especially at LR, really like 'calm possession' - listen to the stick Ned and others get (inc from me I admit!) when they play the easy/square ball.
Ollie on 22:44 - Mar 28 with 1631 viewsdaveB

Ollie on 18:00 - Mar 28 by PinnerPaul

Agree there Dave, except I think he's being a tad optimistic.

If you're Barcelona or Man City and regularly have 70% + possession stats its a bit easier to be calm in possession.

Our possession in good areas is obviously not as frequent as that - hence the players' desire to make the most of it.

Plus I don't think we the crowd, especially at LR, really like 'calm possession' - listen to the stick Ned and others get (inc from me I admit!) when they play the easy/square ball.

I don't think we'll ever have the extreme of keeping it like Man City but we can do more to keep the ball especially away from home and take the sting out of games
Ollie on 00:29 - Mar 29 with 1556 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Ollie on 19:46 - Mar 27 by Roller

Does this help nudge any memories?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11711/10064649/qpr-interim-head-coach-nei

Nice find Simon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024