Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollie 09:58 - Mar 23 with 23207 viewsGloucs_R

Where are we all at now with him?

He's playing a number of younger players
We're not getting relegated this season
He's got his own scouting team in place now
Ramsey has been brought into the first team set up
We've switched to 4-2-3-1 which works better for us

Do we stick with him for another year?

I've always wanted him to do well but he's pushed my over the egde this season a few times. Mainly with the whole 5 at the back system..and I don't care if Dave Mc says Ollie never wanted to play this system..he did, he stuck by it and we were mainly poor.

As long as he has an experienced coach in the dug out with him, I'd stick for the time being.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ollie on 00:58 - Mar 26 with 3146 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ollie on 21:46 - Mar 25 by Roller

It is easy to under estimate the job he has done in retaining our league position while the club's wage bill has been slashed. While we have a little respite next season as our parachute payment remains the same, the ground work will have to be laid for the season after when our parachute payments have dried up. He seems to work well with Hoos and Ferdinand in this area, we should leave well alone.

For those less than enamoured with Ollie, it must really smart that he has been entrusted with our club's welfare during the two most critical times in our history.

A very interesting point, that!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ollie on 04:58 - Mar 26 with 3098 viewstimcocking

Ollie on 14:43 - Mar 25 by kensalriser

The pitfalls of believing something that worked one time is a genius strategy and not just lucky happenstance.

Luck being by far the most under rated factor in football. The teams in leagues like the championship are much of a much, neither side is any worse or any better really. A bad decision here, a disallowed goal there and a team gets a head of steam, morale rising, confidence, fans happy blah blah and you're on a promotion challenge. Manager's a genius.
Ollie on 08:53 - Mar 26 with 3045 viewsW13R

Ollie on 20:13 - Mar 25 by danehoop

Some re-imagining of history for the last part of your post about Colin.

So am I dreaming he was in charge for 4 games after Ramsey got sacked?
Ollie on 13:52 - Mar 26 with 2923 viewsPinnerPaul

Ollie on 08:53 - Mar 26 by W13R

So am I dreaming he was in charge for 4 games after Ramsey got sacked?

OK, I'll bite.

You said 'We let him go to Cardiff'

HE said he didn't want job permanently, mostly because of his wife's health, others have said, and I have also heard, that he didn't want to work under a DOF.

AFTER JFH was appointed, NW, in typical style it has to be said, then said he WOULD have liked the job permanently.

He didn't get Cardiff job until a little while after leaving us.

That's hardly 'letting him go to Cardiff'.
Ollie on 13:57 - Mar 26 with 2912 viewsR_from_afar

Ollie on 22:27 - Mar 25 by WestbourneR

Been called out a few times on here about questioning Ollie’s intelligence - I apologise for that.

BUT just listened to the podcast and I do wish he could just finish a sentence sticking to one coherent thought. He just flips all over the place. I can’t but help but feel it must be hard to take instructions from someone who is so disordered in the way he communicates. It’s actually quite draining to listen to.

However I don’t question his honesty and commitment and the hard work he’s putting in
[Post edited 25 Mar 2018 23:22]

I think we all need to beware of assuming that how Ollie speaks on camera and in the media is a direct reflection of how he communicates at the training ground.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Ollie on 14:53 - Mar 26 with 2850 viewstimcocking

Ollie on 13:57 - Mar 26 by R_from_afar

I think we all need to beware of assuming that how Ollie speaks on camera and in the media is a direct reflection of how he communicates at the training ground.

RFA

Accept it's how we always hear him speak, so given the fact he's supposed to be an honest man, how else could we assume he speaks?

I mean, it just doesn't come across...well...you know.
Ollie on 18:07 - Mar 26 with 2766 viewsW13R

Ollie on 13:52 - Mar 26 by PinnerPaul

OK, I'll bite.

You said 'We let him go to Cardiff'

HE said he didn't want job permanently, mostly because of his wife's health, others have said, and I have also heard, that he didn't want to work under a DOF.

AFTER JFH was appointed, NW, in typical style it has to be said, then said he WOULD have liked the job permanently.

He didn't get Cardiff job until a little while after leaving us.

That's hardly 'letting him go to Cardiff'.

You didn't disappoint, I just knew one of the chosen few on here would have an opinion on my post.

May be you should realise that not everyone on here has the same view or opinion as you, thats what a message board is about....................different views believe it or not.

Now back to NW, my take is you don't embrace him as much as Holloway going by the 'in typical style' quote. That's fine its YOUR view as is MINE about us letting him go. The club should have fought tooth and nail to keep him but alas we fu*ked up again because of the DOF issue. It would seem we didn't try hard enough as it didn't take long for him to take over at Rotherham. Notice I did not slag Les off as it's not his fault that the club chose this route.
Ollie on 18:32 - Mar 26 with 2733 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ollie on 18:07 - Mar 26 by W13R

You didn't disappoint, I just knew one of the chosen few on here would have an opinion on my post.

May be you should realise that not everyone on here has the same view or opinion as you, thats what a message board is about....................different views believe it or not.

Now back to NW, my take is you don't embrace him as much as Holloway going by the 'in typical style' quote. That's fine its YOUR view as is MINE about us letting him go. The club should have fought tooth and nail to keep him but alas we fu*ked up again because of the DOF issue. It would seem we didn't try hard enough as it didn't take long for him to take over at Rotherham. Notice I did not slag Les off as it's not his fault that the club chose this route.

Warnock consistently said that he didn't want the job. He never mentioned us having a DOF as a factor either. He did, however, have his eye on becoming our DOF, despite us having one already employed and was very vocal about that.

The club had no choice but to move on to other names, and it's no-one's fault but Warnock's own that we missed out on him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Ollie on 18:39 - Mar 26 with 2722 viewsNW5Hoop

It's also worth remembering that, for all our memories of the promotion season, the four games NW had as caretaker were not a renaissance of free-flowing football. They were wholly tedious.

Add to that the fact that NW is one of those managers who very much likes to bring a lot of players in. A lot of players. He did it with us first time round. He's done it with Cardiff (look at their arrivals this season: https://www.transfermarkt.com/cardiff-city/transfers/verein/603). Would he really have been the right manager for a club where the whole point is: DON'T SPEND MONEY!
Ollie on 19:06 - Mar 26 with 2687 viewsW13R

Ollie on 18:39 - Mar 26 by NW5Hoop

It's also worth remembering that, for all our memories of the promotion season, the four games NW had as caretaker were not a renaissance of free-flowing football. They were wholly tedious.

Add to that the fact that NW is one of those managers who very much likes to bring a lot of players in. A lot of players. He did it with us first time round. He's done it with Cardiff (look at their arrivals this season: https://www.transfermarkt.com/cardiff-city/transfers/verein/603). Would he really have been the right manager for a club where the whole point is: DON'T SPEND MONEY!

Won 2, Draw 1 & lost 1 not bad results I think?

Tedious?! I know who’s team I’d rather watch with whoever was available for them to pick with or without financial restraints.

Anyway, like I sad all about opinions.
Ollie on 19:47 - Mar 26 with 2636 viewsenfieldargh

I didn’t understand the bit in the podcast about Nico Hamilinen, he totally bamboozled me there but I think we cannot start changing things too much.

I hope we can keep Ned and Robbo. Keep them then why do we need to buy in anyone else?

Buy strikers then we block Smyth, Oteh progression. We still have Sylla

Buy another midfielder then we block Manning, Chair from progressing

Olly mentions Tilt & Shodipo as wingers and that’s still with us having BOS & Wheeler.

Offload Jet and I hope that’s all the transfer movement we see

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Ollie on 20:30 - Mar 26 with 2586 viewsqprd

I may be cynical, but i was pretty unimpressed with Ollie in the interview.

how many times after a few good results have we heard ollie go on about his its finally his team and his work is paying dividends... only to be followed by a few bad results where he says its not his team, etc....

i really don't get why he criticised hamalainen.... perhaps what he said is true, but theres nothing to be gained from slagging off an U23 whose out of the team....

its really easy to speak after a few good results. it seems like he's doing some PR work to maintain his job next year
Ollie on 20:47 - Mar 26 with 2567 viewsW13R

Ollie on 18:32 - Mar 26 by BrianMcCarthy

Warnock consistently said that he didn't want the job. He never mentioned us having a DOF as a factor either. He did, however, have his eye on becoming our DOF, despite us having one already employed and was very vocal about that.

The club had no choice but to move on to other names, and it's no-one's fault but Warnock's own that we missed out on him.

Brian, no doubt the truth will come out one day but I still don’t get why he took over Rotherham as manager? Bit of a come down for wanting to be a DOF if this is true?

I hope you are right and we looked at other names but I just feel like they went the safe option to appease the fans. I loved Ollie as a player and his first stint but time to move on in the summer.
Remember the majority of us never knew or heard of Gigi before so why can’t it happen again?
Ollie on 21:30 - Mar 26 with 2511 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ollie on 20:47 - Mar 26 by W13R

Brian, no doubt the truth will come out one day but I still don’t get why he took over Rotherham as manager? Bit of a come down for wanting to be a DOF if this is true?

I hope you are right and we looked at other names but I just feel like they went the safe option to appease the fans. I loved Ollie as a player and his first stint but time to move on in the summer.
Remember the majority of us never knew or heard of Gigi before so why can’t it happen again?

Do you think Ollie has underachieved?
Ollie on 21:33 - Mar 26 with 2499 viewsCamberleyR

Ollie on 20:47 - Mar 26 by W13R

He took the Rotherham job because he said after taking charge for four games with us he had got the buzz back.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/06/neil-warnock-rotherham-champion

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ollie on 21:41 - Mar 26 with 2490 viewsDorse

Ah, Gigi. She was lovely. Sorry, what?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ollie on 22:24 - Mar 26 with 2443 viewsW13R

Ollie on 21:30 - Mar 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

Do you think Ollie has underachieved?

It don’t matter what I think as I have no say whether he stays or goes.
I guess you’re happy but doesn’t mean I have to be.

Anyway, what do you think about our away record?
Ollie on 22:31 - Mar 26 with 2436 viewsW13R

Ollie on 21:33 - Mar 26 by CamberleyR

He took the Rotherham job because he said after taking charge for four games with us he had got the buzz back.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/06/neil-warnock-rotherham-champion

So does this go to say he would have been happy to stay with us if offered the QPR managers job in the first place?
Guess we will never know.
Ollie on 22:44 - Mar 26 with 2423 viewsMatch82

Ollie on 22:24 - Mar 26 by W13R

It don’t matter what I think as I have no say whether he stays or goes.
I guess you’re happy but doesn’t mean I have to be.

Anyway, what do you think about our away record?

Been good this month
Ollie on 00:45 - Mar 27 with 2357 viewsBenny_the_Ball

He may not be everyone's cup of tea but under the circumstances he's a good fit. Ollie's taxi analogy springs to mind. I'm still not buying the Ramsey argument, mind.
Ollie on 12:10 - Mar 27 with 2249 viewstimcocking

People like to argue against this, and of course it's the official line.

We all secretly know you're correct on that issue though. Of course Warnock obviously would have stayed, regardless of what has been said about it.
Ollie on 13:20 - Mar 27 with 2182 viewsR_from_afar

Ollie on 14:53 - Mar 26 by timcocking

Accept it's how we always hear him speak, so given the fact he's supposed to be an honest man, how else could we assume he speaks?

I mean, it just doesn't come across...well...you know.

Without wishing to labour the point (which obviously means I am just about to do that very thing ) I know that I modify the way I speak based on the audience and circumstances....

I am just grateful for the fact that we are not in a relegation scrap, well, at least not currently, which is quite an achievement given the cost cutting.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Ollie on 14:07 - Mar 27 with 2118 viewsdaveB

was nothing to do with not fighting tooth and nail to keep him. Warnock told the club he could only work for a few weeks as he was going away with his wife and didn't want to return to management full time so the club looked elsewhere. He was more interested in a DOF type role. You can go back and read interviews with him at the time that confirm this.

During that time though Warnocks wife was diagnosed with cancer and between them they realised life was short and he shouldn't retire yet, he got the bug back for management when we won at Reading which was bad timing as JFH had been offered and accepted the job a few hours earlier.

Was just bad timing and I think he'd have struggled second time around at Rangers with that squad and the overhaul that needed to happen. Was for the best that he went elsewhere for both him and QPR which I realise sounds stupid in a season when he is going to win another promotion but the club needed to put the brakes on and sort themselves out for a few years which will benefit us in the long term
Ollie on 14:10 - Mar 27 with 2116 viewsdaveB

Ollie on 19:47 - Mar 26 by enfieldargh

I didn’t understand the bit in the podcast about Nico Hamilinen, he totally bamboozled me there but I think we cannot start changing things too much.

I hope we can keep Ned and Robbo. Keep them then why do we need to buy in anyone else?

Buy strikers then we block Smyth, Oteh progression. We still have Sylla

Buy another midfielder then we block Manning, Chair from progressing

Olly mentions Tilt & Shodipo as wingers and that’s still with us having BOS & Wheeler.

Offload Jet and I hope that’s all the transfer movement we see

think he was saying that Nico Hamilinen got into the first team but didn't react well to being left out but the likes of Chair, Eze and Smyth are taking advice on board when they are left out and working hard to get back in rather than sulking. Bit harsh to name and shame but down to the player to react and prove Holloway wrong
Ollie on 14:52 - Mar 27 with 2075 viewsPinnerPaul

You're quite right about your opinion of NW v IH, but its stretching it to say 'We let NW go to Cardiff'

As you say, he went somewhere else first!

Also to suggest we should have abandoned/sacked dof to accommodate him is, IN MY OPINION, ridiculous.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024