Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Graham Potter 15:18 - May 22 with 124030 viewsHuw57

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Graham Potter on 11:03 - May 28 with 6281 viewsLoyal

Graham Potter on 09:33 - May 28 by dobjack2

It’s all comparative.

On the positive we are in the championship.

On the negative side the club was sold to an American hedge fund the front men of which appear to be utterly clueless. The club has made a number of poor managerial appointments most of which were to fight an ever increasing fire. Our player recruitment has been poor, with multi millions been thrown on players that managers didn’t want to play, didn’t want to play or on former players who have not been fit.

Now we are relegated most of the first team squad appear to want to jump ship. We don’t have a manager, some of the people that made millions are still around taking money out of the club - wtf does a vice chairman do for his money?

The club was apparently sold without the fans representative and shareholders knowing, many of the current board of which appear to be no better than a chocolate teapot.

But according to some it’s all the fans fault.

Partly to blame yes.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Graham Potter on 11:46 - May 28 with 6164 viewsjasper_T

Graham Potter on 10:27 - May 28 by Whiterockin

Our U23s seem to have a better recruitment system in place to be successful. Problem is they are not either prepared well enough or good enough to move into the first team. TBH I would prefer a less successful U23 squad if it meant more quality moving up to the first team, if that was possible.

Connor only got his chance because of Alan Curtis' recommendation and major fixture congestion for a new manager to deal with, and he's done well enough. The quality may well be there but until it's given a run we won't know, because Routledge is on the bench coming on for the last ten minutes instead.

You can only beat what's in front of you and the u23s do a decent job of that.
Graham Potter on 13:11 - May 28 with 6020 viewsPrivate_Partz

Our U23s seem to have a better recruitment system in place to be successful. Problem is they are not either prepared well enough or good enough to move into the first team. TBH I would prefer a less successful U23 squad if it meant more quality moving up to the first team, if that was possible.

There you go. Destroy my own piece of positivity why don't you ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Graham Potter on 13:15 - May 28 with 6003 viewsPrivate_Partz

Graham Potter on 10:07 - May 28 by thornabyswan

We are in the 2nd tier of English football..
Darlington were in the 9th not long ago.

Could be worse

Wow, call that positive thinking? ;-)
You have a point but my negativity is brought about by us throwing away what we had needlessly. Sure relegation could happen any time but we really had to work hard at effing it up this time.
Now we have a new season and, apart from the Dineen show on Swansea Sound, we have radio silence and background dithering as usual.
[Post edited 28 May 2018 13:29]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Graham Potter on 13:23 - May 28 with 5979 viewsharryhpalmer

that'll be the recruitment done by Jenkins, Morgan and Agents, bypassing any of the coaches or scouts, and not asking those key personnel for an opinion, then?

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Graham Potter on 13:28 - May 28 with 5958 viewsPrivate_Partz

Graham Potter on 09:33 - May 28 by dobjack2

It’s all comparative.

On the positive we are in the championship.

On the negative side the club was sold to an American hedge fund the front men of which appear to be utterly clueless. The club has made a number of poor managerial appointments most of which were to fight an ever increasing fire. Our player recruitment has been poor, with multi millions been thrown on players that managers didn’t want to play, didn’t want to play or on former players who have not been fit.

Now we are relegated most of the first team squad appear to want to jump ship. We don’t have a manager, some of the people that made millions are still around taking money out of the club - wtf does a vice chairman do for his money?

The club was apparently sold without the fans representative and shareholders knowing, many of the current board of which appear to be no better than a chocolate teapot.

But according to some it’s all the fans fault.

Yup that sums up my lack of positivity exactly.

Graham Potter on 19:16 - May 28 with 5604 viewsmagicdaps10

WOL....yeah I know claim that they are discussing compensation package with Ostersunds and hope to have him appointed this week.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Graham Potter on 19:18 - May 28 with 5597 viewsthornabyswan

Graham Potter on 13:15 - May 28 by Private_Partz

Wow, call that positive thinking? ;-)
You have a point but my negativity is brought about by us throwing away what we had needlessly. Sure relegation could happen any time but we really had to work hard at effing it up this time.
Now we have a new season and, apart from the Dineen show on Swansea Sound, we have radio silence and background dithering as usual.
[Post edited 28 May 2018 13:29]

We had a good run 7 seasons in the top league is more than most.
We have an opportunity for next season with a bigger budget than nearly all.
If we can get the manager and the recruitment sorted we have as good a chance as anyone in what is not a great league.
The Trust are doing there best to shake things up as well.
The owners will want us back in the PL to protect there investment Jenkins will want to go out on a high.
Hopefully the players will want it as badly as the fans and the club will start to evolve again.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Login to get fewer ads

Graham Potter on 19:27 - May 28 with 5528 viewsmagicdaps10

Graham Potter on 19:18 - May 28 by thornabyswan

If we can get the manager and the recruitment sorted we have as good a chance as anyone in what is not a great league.
The owners will want us back in the PL to protect there investment Jenkins will want to go out on a high.
Hopefully the players will want it as badly as the fans and the club will start to evolve again.

All sounds good in theory but there is little to no confidence in the people pulling the strings.

Regardless even if we stayed up, this summer was always going to be a summer of action. There will be a lot if players leaving and our incomings must be spot on.....this doesnt necessarily mean spending big but getting the right type of players in.

Potter is a good start but surely changes further up need to happen and happen soon....only then willthe confidence levels be restored.

Graham Potter on 20:18 - May 28 with 5392 viewsPrivate_Partz

Graham Potter on 19:18 - May 28 by thornabyswan

Daps has summed it up for me. I am not so sure about having a bigger budget than most. Also not sure that it would be spent wisely if we did.
Dineen has already said cuts will be made on the playing side, not off the field.
I am sure both Jenkins and the Hedge Funders (good name for a band? :-)) will want sucess but I am by no means sure the ability is there. I also think the Trust needs a good shake up before it can be effective.
Still you have backed your optimism and I respect that. I hope you are right and I am completely wrong. :-)

Graham Potter on 20:27 - May 28 with 5354 viewsthornabyswan

Graham Potter on 20:18 - May 28 by Private_Partz

Daps has summed it up for me. I am not so sure about having a bigger budget than most. Also not sure that it would be spent wisely if we did.
Dineen has already said cuts will be made on the playing side, not off the field.
I am sure both Jenkins and the Hedge Funders (good name for a band? :-)) will want sucess but I am by no means sure the ability is there. I also think the Trust needs a good shake up before it can be effective.
Still you have backed your optimism and I respect that. I hope you are right and I am completely wrong. :-)

I may well be completely wrong and we could do a Sunderland.
But as a supporter I would rather look on the bright side and wait and see.
Nobody knows really how it will turn out.
Jenkins and co have left the supporters down badly just don't see the point in going over the same ground on here.
Some seem to thrive on it just my opinion.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Graham Potter on 20:32 - May 28 with 5314 viewsThornburyswan

Graham Potter on 19:16 - May 28 by magicdaps10

WOL....yeah I know claim that they are discussing compensation package with Ostersunds and hope to have him appointed this week.

We need some good news so this week would be helpful.
Graham Potter on 20:56 - May 28 with 5205 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44271566

"still a long way to go"......Jenkins fooking about again no doubt.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Graham Potter on 21:27 - May 28 with 5115 viewsmagicdaps10

Graham Potter on 20:56 - May 28 by JACKMANANDBOY

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44271566

"still a long way to go"......Jenkins fooking about again no doubt.

It does say in that article a decision is expected this week.

Personally think its virtually done.

Graham Potter on 00:14 - May 29 with 4927 viewsdobjack2

Graham Potter on 20:27 - May 28 by thornabyswan

Jenkins and co have left the supporters down badly just don't see the point in going over the same ground on here.

I’m glad you can look for positives and wait and see. Me I expect the worst and am rarely disappointed. Different folks with different strokes.

What it comes down to whether you ( not you personally but any fan) think that Jenkins and co can sort out the mess they have created? At present going over the same ground is all we have.

New manager, new squad, win a few games playing tidy football and the majority will forgive them. Of that I have no doubt.
Graham Potter on 00:25 - May 29 with 4896 viewsSwansea93

Only bet victor are taking bets for our next manager now.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Graham Potter on 04:49 - May 29 with 4791 viewsGlyn1

How many of the clubs in the Championship did we play in the Premier League? Tough division.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Graham Potter on 07:56 - May 29 with 4609 viewsmagicdaps10

Graham Potter on 00:25 - May 29 by Swansea93

Only bet victor are taking bets for our next manager now.

Surely a done deal!?
Probably the words from Potter are just to make it look like it has all been done above board.

I expect it to be announced this week.

Graham Potter on 08:51 - May 29 with 4451 viewsBadlands

Graham Potter on 04:49 - May 29 by Glyn1

How many of the clubs in the Championship did we play in the Premier League? Tough division.

The only club to have retained almost all their staff and player after relegation were Newcastle and they tore the league apart.
It will be tough if we drop to that level - even a poor Premier League side should do well.
That said, I have a feeling we will drop to that level and even struggle for a while.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Graham Potter on 09:20 - May 29 with 4375 viewsPrivate_Partz

I think it is more concern than 'thriving'.
The concern is based on the fact nothing has changed. Those that got us into this mess are still there and it appears they are going about their merry way as usual.
We have spiralled downwards over the last three years and it has to be reasonable to be concerned that it is likely to continue.
If there is a massive change if form, Jenkins rediscovers his mojo and the Yanks become caring owners with financial clout, then I will be chuffed to bits.
I find that scenario very unlikely therfore I believe change is needed.

Graham Potter on 10:06 - May 29 with 4235 viewsjacksfullaces

guess that's why message board conversations turn into disputes.

a handful of liberals take the live and let live view.

everyone else thinks they are right, and to greater or lesser degrees, denigrate those that hold a different view.

and a few others enjoy the sport this throws their way to somehow win a conversation on an internet chat forum where the reputation of an avatar seems all important.

I think though the fact there is lack of agreement (and in some cases outright hostility to those who disagree) is presumably prevalent in most clubs.

are people going to persuade me that jenkins and co don't deserve to be held accountable for what they have done? No. do I think I have any hope of my view being actually taken on board by the club? No. will I be watching the Swans on the pitch next year and hoping for the best? Yes. Perhaps it is the last point that unites most of us.
Graham Potter on 10:29 - May 29 with 4139 viewsPrivate_Partz

Graham Potter on 10:06 - May 29 by jacksfullaces

guess that's why message board conversations turn into disputes.

a handful of liberals take the live and let live view.

everyone else thinks they are right, and to greater or lesser degrees, denigrate those that hold a different view.

and a few others enjoy the sport this throws their way to somehow win a conversation on an internet chat forum where the reputation of an avatar seems all important.

I think though the fact there is lack of agreement (and in some cases outright hostility to those who disagree) is presumably prevalent in most clubs.

are people going to persuade me that jenkins and co don't deserve to be held accountable for what they have done? No. do I think I have any hope of my view being actually taken on board by the club? No. will I be watching the Swans on the pitch next year and hoping for the best? Yes. Perhaps it is the last point that unites most of us.

I think provided debate takes place with politeness and respect it can be very healthy.
I don't like the bumping up to prove 'I was right' or 'they were wrong'. Most posters on here are decent imho.
A few on here however are real legends in their own lunchtimes. Never wrong and abuse and insult others with different views.
It would not surprise me if one of them will be along shortly.

Graham Potter on 18:39 - May 29 with 3773 viewsjackjackjackjack

How is Mr Potter's holiday going? Hope he's having a nice relaxing time, nothing else he could be doing.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Graham Potter on 02:14 - May 30 with 3404 viewsGlyn1

The fixture list is announced in just over three weeks - 9 a.m Thursday June 21.

I doubt we'll even have a manager by then.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Graham Potter on 03:59 - May 30 with 3363 viewsstAteSwan

Graham Potter on 18:39 - May 29 by jackjackjackjack

How is Mr Potter's holiday going? Hope he's having a nice relaxing time, nothing else he could be doing.

Considering we've not hired him for any position as of this moment, I'm not sure why we're all slating him for going on holiday.

I mean sure, if Huw comes out tomorrow and announces he's the manager, and the press conference isn't for two weeks because he's in New York...sure slate him. But we can't exactly expect a manager who can't even sign a contract here until we settle on terms with Osterunds to be sitting over here working the phones for transfers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024