Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portsmouth after smyth! 13:26 - Aug 24 with 15219 viewsconnell10

After to getting him on loan!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Portsmouth after smyth! on 14:42 - Aug 24 with 2082 viewsmakaveli1882

Portsmouth after smyth! on 14:38 - Aug 24 by Cammington

Yep, signed him on a two year deal in August last year.

So we may be sending him out on loan and never see him again, especially if he helps Pompey go up, would be annoyed if he goes out.
Portsmouth after smyth! on 14:49 - Aug 24 with 2042 viewsRangersDave

It's all Evil Les's fault!

isnt it?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Portsmouth after smyth! on 14:49 - Aug 24 with 2042 viewseastside_r

Out of interest when does the loan window 'slam' shut, can't be arsed to check.
Portsmouth after smyth! on 14:54 - Aug 24 with 2015 viewsqprd

Portsmouth after smyth! on 13:49 - Aug 24 by Mytch_QPR

Sadly, this may be a case of not being able to have it all - the 2 loan strikers we have bought in won't be cheap on wages and apparently we're still in the market for a CB - money's too tight to mention (as some scruffy Man Utd fan once said - not that he'd know).

are you suggesting that we'd loan out P Smyth for financial reasons?

Smyth is probably making peanuts at the moment....I cant imagine moving him will have anything to do with money
Portsmouth after smyth! on 15:00 - Aug 24 with 1985 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Portsmouth after smyth! on 14:49 - Aug 24 by eastside_r

31st November.
Portsmouth after smyth! on 15:01 - Aug 24 with 1974 views08olesen

The last thing you should do when you get two new forwards in is ship off the wide players who could provide service to them. This literally leaves Pav, Shodipo and BOS as the only real option for wide players at the club. A really silly move. Pav is the best option we have at RW/RM, but there was definitively a place for Smyth in the side over a long season.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Portsmouth after smyth! on 15:10 - Aug 24 with 1930 viewsShunter

Thats a BIG if - "if we had won our first three games"

Lets deal with reality, we have lost all 4 league games, SM was brought in to improve the good youngsters we have at the club - he doesn't even play them and now is looking to move them out on loan - FFS !!
Portsmouth after smyth! on 15:11 - Aug 24 with 1918 viewsNorthernr

Portsmouth after smyth! on 14:31 - Aug 24 by makaveli1882

Mate just whatsapped me to say he is out of contract in the summer too, can't be true can it??

Got a year option on the club's side, so he's signed for next season if we want him to be basically.
Login to get fewer ads

Portsmouth after smyth! on 15:21 - Aug 24 with 1868 viewsmakaveli1882

Portsmouth after smyth! on 15:11 - Aug 24 by Northernr

Got a year option on the club's side, so he's signed for next season if we want him to be basically.

Nice one Clive, that's not as bad then.
Portsmouth after smyth! on 15:25 - Aug 24 with 1852 viewsstevec

Like the demon spawn of Karl Ready we can't shift Washington or Sylla for love nor money.
Portsmouth after smyth! on 15:28 - Aug 24 with 1835 viewsGloucs_R

Portsmouth after smyth! on 15:11 - Aug 24 by Northernr

So if he's not going to play regular football then makes perfect sense for him to go on loan for a season

Poll: Are we staying up?

Portsmouth after smyth! on 15:31 - Aug 24 with 1821 viewsenfieldargh

Portsmouth after smyth! on 14:49 - Aug 24 by eastside_r

1st April

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Portsmouth after smyth! on 15:32 - Aug 24 with 1811 viewsRangersw12

This will really wind me up if this this happens.

I can take defeats if you can see what we're trying to do I.e blood youngsters but if we're losing with an experienced team supplemented by loans then it's like going back to the Redknapp days

We need to be starting with Smyth every week as he gives us energy and doesnt care about reputations
Portsmouth after smyth! on 15:45 - Aug 24 with 1750 viewsTrom

Well the report on WLS says Portsmouth want Smyth on loan not that we've offered him.

So let's hope the club knock it back and it's the last we hear of it. If we don't then it will be really difficult to see the direction of the club being true to developing youngsters.

I kind of agreed with the Manning loan simply because I couldn't see how we'd play so many youngsters at the same time on match day. So it kind of made sense to ensure he got game time.
Portsmouth after smyth! on 15:57 - Aug 24 with 1728 viewsdaveB

Portsmouth after smyth! on 14:38 - Aug 24 by bob566

Dave I rarely post anything negative against you but if we'd have started off by winning all 3 games people would probably be of a different persuasion and be saying it's a good move for him to head off and get a year of games under his belt.

Sure wasn't everybody saying that about Ebe during his preseason.

We haven't won 3 games though. Loaning him out when the whole point of changing managers was to give these young players a better coach to learn from is crazy.

It's a great move for him, not so good for us.

I get loaning young players out but when they are semi established in the first team it makes no sense to me
Portsmouth after smyth! on 15:59 - Aug 24 with 1718 viewsPinnerPaul

Portsmouth after smyth! on 14:07 - Aug 24 by TacticalR

He was playing too deep. He is an attacking player who should have been further forward, but instead was trying to tackle oppo players further back in midfield and then come away with the ball.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 14:07]

Whatever part of the pitch he was on didn't excuse him giving the ball away for fun.
Portsmouth after smyth! on 15:59 - Aug 24 with 1717 viewsAntti_Heinola

Portsmouth after smyth! on 13:58 - Aug 24 by PinnerPaul

BUT he was truly awful that 1st 45' v Sheff Utd

better loan out the whole squad then.
SM knows we need more than 11 players, right?
Ludicrous if this happens.

Bare bones.

Portsmouth after smyth! on 16:00 - Aug 24 with 1717 viewsNorthernr

Portsmouth after smyth! on 15:28 - Aug 24 by Gloucs_R

So if he's not going to play regular football then makes perfect sense for him to go on loan for a season

That's not the question. The question is why is he not playing regular football? McClaren was brought in to coach and develop these young players, that's what the pitch was. He's given them 45 minutes each and now he's bombing them out one by one, bitching and moaning that he needs Premier League reserve players on loan.

I honestly don't know what's going on down there. We were meant to have moved beyond that chopping and changing the manager wildly and bowing to whatever the new guy wants to do model.
Portsmouth after smyth! on 16:01 - Aug 24 with 1707 viewsdaveB

Portsmouth after smyth! on 16:00 - Aug 24 by Northernr

That's not the question. The question is why is he not playing regular football? McClaren was brought in to coach and develop these young players, that's what the pitch was. He's given them 45 minutes each and now he's bombing them out one by one, bitching and moaning that he needs Premier League reserve players on loan.

I honestly don't know what's going on down there. We were meant to have moved beyond that chopping and changing the manager wildly and bowing to whatever the new guy wants to do model.

Who'd have thought Harry redknapps former coach would want to sign loads of players and show no interest in youth.

No, honestly I didn't think this would happen either. All very odd
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 16:01]
Portsmouth after smyth! on 16:02 - Aug 24 with 1696 viewsPinnerPaul

Portsmouth after smyth! on 14:12 - Aug 24 by daveB

Oh well that plan to bring McClaren in to develop the kids is working well. Just loan them out and let someone else do it

Happens all the time.

As Clive pointed out at the time Ollie actually said he was 'going to work with what I've got' and then bought in new players - they all do it.

Only way to prevent that is appoint a coach, who coaches the players the DOF supplies.

Still don't think we are ready for that model yet in this country.
Portsmouth after smyth! on 16:03 - Aug 24 with 1694 viewsNorthernr

Portsmouth after smyth! on 16:02 - Aug 24 by PinnerPaul

Happens all the time.

As Clive pointed out at the time Ollie actually said he was 'going to work with what I've got' and then bought in new players - they all do it.

Only way to prevent that is appoint a coach, who coaches the players the DOF supplies.

Still don't think we are ready for that model yet in this country.

That's what we, and he, said we'd done.
Portsmouth after smyth! on 16:03 - Aug 24 with 1691 viewsPinnerPaul

Portsmouth after smyth! on 14:26 - Aug 24 by paulparker

if that's the case we should loan out the whole team after Bristol & WBA

Fair point PP!
Portsmouth after smyth! on 16:06 - Aug 24 with 1679 viewsPinnerPaul

Portsmouth after smyth! on 14:42 - Aug 24 by connell10

So he has one bad half of football in your opinion and we f uck him out on loan !!! I despair !!

No I agree - but people ARE playing the usual game of if he's not in the team he must be our saviour.

Its equally silly to say the manager and club have 'lost it' for even daring to think about loaning him out - Messi he isn't!
Portsmouth after smyth! on 16:09 - Aug 24 with 1660 viewsAntti_Heinola

Portsmouth after smyth! on 16:06 - Aug 24 by PinnerPaul

No I agree - but people ARE playing the usual game of if he's not in the team he must be our saviour.

Its equally silly to say the manager and club have 'lost it' for even daring to think about loaning him out - Messi he isn't!

No but he is a useful option - he provides pace, he gets goals, he can run with the ball, he has a top attitude. I don't think he should be a regular starter - yet - but he should be getting on in most games, and he should be starting a few. It's a squad game, and he should be part of it.

Bare bones.

Portsmouth after smyth! on 16:11 - Aug 24 with 1648 viewsPinnerPaul

Portsmouth after smyth! on 16:09 - Aug 24 by Antti_Heinola

No but he is a useful option - he provides pace, he gets goals, he can run with the ball, he has a top attitude. I don't think he should be a regular starter - yet - but he should be getting on in most games, and he should be starting a few. It's a squad game, and he should be part of it.

Fair enough.

Personally I'd like to see Chair get some minutes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024