Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portsmouth after smyth! 13:26 - Aug 24 with 15218 viewsconnell10

After to getting him on loan!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Portsmouth after smyth! on 16:28 - Aug 24 with 2196 viewsPunteR

Portsmouth after smyth! on 16:00 - Aug 24 by Northernr

That's not the question. The question is why is he not playing regular football? McClaren was brought in to coach and develop these young players, that's what the pitch was. He's given them 45 minutes each and now he's bombing them out one by one, bitching and moaning that he needs Premier League reserve players on loan.

I honestly don't know what's going on down there. We were meant to have moved beyond that chopping and changing the manager wildly and bowing to whatever the new guy wants to do model.

Isnt this down to Les Ferdinand to sort out and make sure this doesnt happen.?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Portsmouth after smyth! on 16:34 - Aug 24 with 2179 viewsdavman

If he goes there, he will stay there when they pass us at the end of this season.

From not having enough options up front, it looks like we now have too many.

Ollie's teams could survive on grit and determination; limited players can do that. Technically, this is probably the worst group of players McLaren has had to work with and like so many others bought up on a background of coaching talented individuals, he simply can't understand why their touch isn't perfect and why they don't make runs or passes that intelligent, gifted players do.

Just like a Pep or Jose or Zidane, they have no chance coaching "lesser" players.

All going just one way here - ARMAFCKINGGEDDON

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Portsmouth after smyth! on 16:48 - Aug 24 with 2108 viewsDejR_vu

Looking at this objectively, if a young player is going to get more minutes out on loan then it's probably best for his development if he goes out on loan.

What's muddied the water here is that we were told that the new manager was being appointed to coach the young players. Given what has happened since that was clearly absolute bullsh1t, but then it was trotted out by TF, so only to be expected really.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Portsmouth after smyth! on 16:49 - Aug 24 with 2104 viewsDejR_vu

Portsmouth after smyth! on 16:03 - Aug 24 by Northernr

That's what we, and he, said we'd done.

TF Spin & Bull

Portsmouth after smyth! on 17:11 - Aug 24 with 2045 viewspomanjou

Portsmouth after smyth! on 14:07 - Aug 24 by TacticalR

He was playing too deep. He is an attacking player who should have been further forward, but instead was trying to tackle oppo players further back in midfield and then come away with the ball.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 14:07]

Exactly!!!

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Portsmouth after smyth! on 17:54 - Aug 24 with 1948 viewsNorthernr

Portsmouth after smyth! on 16:49 - Aug 24 by DejR_vu

TF Spin & Bull

Yup, that's exactly what it looks like.
Portsmouth after smyth! on 17:57 - Aug 24 with 1939 viewsNorthernr

Portsmouth after smyth! on 16:28 - Aug 24 by PunteR

Isnt this down to Les Ferdinand to sort out and make sure this doesnt happen.?

This is the first occasion in his time here that I've got serious concerns and questions about wtf is actually going on and think he has serious questions to answer.

I bought into the logic of a coach to come in and continue the work of last season. If you just bring in a 'big name' and let him tear it all up and bring a load of 30+ loans in while not picking the kids, what exactly are we doing here? That's where we were before, get a manager everybody's heard of in and let him do as he pleases.
Portsmouth after smyth! on 18:08 - Aug 24 with 1912 viewsTrom

All the report says is that Portsmouth has made an inquiry about a loan.

Lots of posts on here are like it's actually happened. Are others ITK and is this likely to happen?
Login to get fewer ads

Portsmouth after smyth! on 18:21 - Aug 24 with 1872 viewsR_from_afar

Portsmouth after smyth! on 18:08 - Aug 24 by Trom

Lots of posts on here are like it's actually happened. Are others ITK and is this likely to happen?

I was going to post what you have posted (twice - thank you for injecting the facts into this debate) but we are too late, the truth doesn't fit the narrative and it's all kicked off.

Of course, Smyth might get loaned out, but the only facts we have indicate that Portsmouth approached us. They approached us. Keep your powder dry.

RFA

PS: It might all go to rat sh1t anyway, though that does seem to be the direction of travel. Rangers

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Portsmouth after smyth! on 18:21 - Aug 24 with 1871 viewspomanjou

Steady on Trom. Don’t let the fact s get in the way of an good rant!!

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Portsmouth after smyth! on 18:21 - Aug 24 with 1871 viewsDejR_vu

Portsmouth after smyth! on 17:57 - Aug 24 by Northernr

This is the first occasion in his time here that I've got serious concerns and questions about wtf is actually going on and think he has serious questions to answer.

I bought into the logic of a coach to come in and continue the work of last season. If you just bring in a 'big name' and let him tear it all up and bring a load of 30+ loans in while not picking the kids, what exactly are we doing here? That's where we were before, get a manager everybody's heard of in and let him do as he pleases.

I mused on another thread that either he's not doing anything (because when so much is going wrong he's never implicated and that just defies the rules of physics), or he's being ignored/overruled, in which case why hasn't he walked?

Portsmouth after smyth! on 18:24 - Aug 24 with 1851 viewsPunteR

Nothing stacks up at the mo. It just reinforces my opinion that they (the board)really are just making it up as they go along.
LF hasnt really been tested yet when it comes to managers. It was quite obvious Redknapp needed to go but it was quite a bold move for LF to get rid. Ramsey was his man. Warnock made things a bit sketchy for him as Warnock wanted his job, but he got through that. JFH seemed a good appointment but lacked experience and wouldnt have given LF too much hassle. Ollie wasnt really LF choice but id imagine given the two's history together wouldnt have given too many problems plus Ollie, like all the other previous managers on LF's watch all seemed happy to work along with the clubs remit.
MacClaren could be a bigger issue for Les. MacClaren could be throwing his weight about more considering his relationship with TF. Its well documented how the two have kept in touch since SM left us before.
Im not saying we should sack LF. Far from it. I do think he has his work cut out. It doesnt help that he now has a new chairman to work with.
This looks to be another mess created by TF and co.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 18:32]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Portsmouth after smyth! on 18:28 - Aug 24 with 1839 viewsAntti_Heinola

Agree. I have no problem, as we lost a couple of key players, in getting one or two loans in, especially when money may dictate we can't buy who we want (and to be fair, Sainsbury likely would have been a big signing for us). Even if they're stop gaps for one season, there's some merit in it.
But there's a difference between that and just deciding that the kids won't cut it and chucking out the whole idea. As you said, a side far younger than the one we're currently putting out comfortably skewered an admittedly poor Birmingham side at the back end of last season. Can't remember how we even set it out that day, but our three recognised defenders were Furs, Kakay and Bidwell. I mean, ffs. If that lot can do it, what's going on now?
By the same token I do think we needed a new striker, but the fact is in our last 10 games of last season we failed to score three times, but scored 18 in the other seven. People say we're short of goals, but we weren't that short, particularly after the switch to four at the back.
I don't mind Manning or Smyth not being starters, but both should be getting games for us and both should be on the bench challenging for a place every week. They're good players. Were we a bit stronger, I actually wouldn't mind them going out on loan. But we're not. We're getting battered.
In the end, if Smyth goes too, who are the youngsters SM is coaching and are close to the first team? Furs when he comes back, who barely qualifies as a youngster anymore, Eze and BOS, with OK if he can get in ahead of Rangel.
Annoyed.

Bare bones.

Portsmouth after smyth! on 18:28 - Aug 24 with 1840 viewsPinnerPaul

Get the sentiment but strip away the hyperbole and its only really 1 30+ loan who has 'displaced' a youngster, unless you think we should be throwing in a couple of U23s instead of Wells & Hemed?
Portsmouth after smyth! on 18:36 - Aug 24 with 1808 viewsDejR_vu

Portsmouth after smyth! on 18:24 - Aug 24 by PunteR

Nothing stacks up at the mo. It just reinforces my opinion that they (the board)really are just making it up as they go along.
LF hasnt really been tested yet when it comes to managers. It was quite obvious Redknapp needed to go but it was quite a bold move for LF to get rid. Ramsey was his man. Warnock made things a bit sketchy for him as Warnock wanted his job, but he got through that. JFH seemed a good appointment but lacked experience and wouldnt have given LF too much hassle. Ollie wasnt really LF choice but id imagine given the two's history together wouldnt have given too many problems plus Ollie, like all the other previous managers on LF's watch all seemed happy to work along with the clubs remit.
MacClaren could be a bigger issue for Les. MacClaren could be throwing his weight about more considering his relationship with TF. Its well documented how the two have kept in touch since SM left us before.
Im not saying we should sack LF. Far from it. I do think he has his work cut out. It doesnt help that he now has a new chairman to work with.
This looks to be another mess created by TF and co.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 18:32]

I've always been convinced his appointment was 80% PR, classic TF. Since then, whenever there have been questions about his role, it seems his remit is so narrow it just reinforces that view. It seemed to be a general / vague 'head of' position. At different points it's been said he identifies managers and makes recommendations but then we're told TF chose and appointed IH. He's supposed to be identifying players but then it's suggested the manager has rejected them. It seems LH does the financials on the transfers, so it looks like it boils down to LF making the phone call. CR is heading up and running the academy. I wonder, now TF has supposedly taken a bit of a back seat, if he's been even more sidelined. It's all a bit weird.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 18:39]

Portsmouth after smyth! on 18:37 - Aug 24 with 1804 viewsBklynRanger

I honestly think he agreed to work in the way you describe and stick to the plan, but has spent the last couple of weeks back peddling - players need to go out on loan, they'll be great but they're not ready, in danger of going down with this squad as things stand - time to bend the wage structure, I'm not a magician, trust me I'm your wise old mate Schteve I was England manager you know.

Smyth had better not go on loan either way. You're getting in a couple of fringe 'Premers' now Schteve. He's tailor made to play off off Hemed as a 60 minute sub. Leave him. Loan Washington.
Portsmouth after smyth! on 18:44 - Aug 24 with 1760 views2Thomas2Bowles

Marc Bircham last week

He had long urged the club’s owners to focus on cheap buys and developing young talent prior to the appointment of director of football Les Ferdinand, who has sought to implement a similar strategy.

And Bircham believes it is essential that continues.

He said: “The long-term future of the club is what matters most and the most important thing for QPR is that they carry on what they’ve been doing with Les. That’s so, so important.

“Don’t be going out now and paying big wages to older players. QPR has always been about developing and improving our own and now we’ve started doing that again we have to keep going.

Sounds a lot like he sees a change in direction going on to come out and talk about support of Les

You would not think that would be the case if Olly and he had a big fall out with Les.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 18:49]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Portsmouth after smyth! on 18:49 - Aug 24 with 1741 viewspaulparker

exactly , the club wasn't happy with 16th so got McLaren in to get us higher and get the best out of this squad , they were unhappy with the tinkering and wanted a "coach"
ive said before that I think the club sorry board thought they would beat FFP or not got the sanctions it did , otherwise why appoint McLaren for a relegation battle ? if you know your staring at the trap door to league one surely to god you would appoint someone who is gonna be here for future ,
I honestly think McLaren has sat down pre season and didn't fancy half the squad
I think most of this stuff has gone over the head of Les and McLaren reports to tony
the whole point of having a DOF was to be in charge of the coaching , scouting and recruitment , well it seems the club is bored of this now
yet again the club is lumbered with another TF appointment that no one really wants
its a scandal and the we as a fanbase need to wake up and ask questions

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Portsmouth after smyth! on 18:51 - Aug 24 with 1738 viewsfrancisbowles

Portsmouth after smyth! on 18:37 - Aug 24 by BklynRanger

I honestly think he agreed to work in the way you describe and stick to the plan, but has spent the last couple of weeks back peddling - players need to go out on loan, they'll be great but they're not ready, in danger of going down with this squad as things stand - time to bend the wage structure, I'm not a magician, trust me I'm your wise old mate Schteve I was England manager you know.

Smyth had better not go on loan either way. You're getting in a couple of fringe 'Premers' now Schteve. He's tailor made to play off off Hemed as a 60 minute sub. Leave him. Loan Washington.

Agree with that Brklyn.

Washington could be difficult but Oteh needs to go out on loan anyway and Sylla has just dropped two places down the pecking order, so he could probably go as well.

We can see how Smyth gets on and if NECESSARY for HIM, loan him out in January.

He should be on the bench and ready to come on and add width or replace Wells who may not be match fit and ready for 90 mins.
Portsmouth after smyth! on 19:19 - Aug 24 with 1666 viewsEsox_Lucius

Portsmouth after smyth! on 18:21 - Aug 24 by DejR_vu

I mused on another thread that either he's not doing anything (because when so much is going wrong he's never implicated and that just defies the rules of physics), or he's being ignored/overruled, in which case why hasn't he walked?

For his love of QPR of course. He isn't going to shirk his responsibilities and walk away while there is still work to be done to keep us solvent and a club to save. Les never struck me as a quitter and despite being overruled, he is keeping his eyes on the end game.

The grass is always greener.

Portsmouth after smyth! on 19:27 - Aug 24 with 1635 views2Thomas2Bowles

Portsmouth after smyth! on 19:19 - Aug 24 by Esox_Lucius

For his love of QPR of course. He isn't going to shirk his responsibilities and walk away while there is still work to be done to keep us solvent and a club to save. Les never struck me as a quitter and despite being overruled, he is keeping his eyes on the end game.

And being well paid

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Portsmouth after smyth! on 20:45 - Aug 24 with 1529 viewsNorthernr

Portsmouth after smyth! on 18:28 - Aug 24 by PinnerPaul

Get the sentiment but strip away the hyperbole and its only really 1 30+ loan who has 'displaced' a youngster, unless you think we should be throwing in a couple of U23s instead of Wells & Hemed?

This is the team that beat Birmingham four months ago:

Lumley, Kakay, Furlong, Bidwell, Manning, Scowen, Freeman, Chair, Samuel, Eze, Sylla.

This is the team we'll be picking tomorrow, give or take

Ingram, Rangel, Leistner, Baptiste, Bidwell, Scowen, Luongo, Freeman, Wells, Eze, Hemed

Manning has been loaned out, Smyth is about to be.

This is clearly either an absolute change in direction, or a complete panic. We've just replaced our youth right back with a 35 year old who Swansea released because his legs had gone.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Portsmouth after smyth! on 20:53 - Aug 24 with 1503 viewssmegma

Portsmouth after smyth! on 13:58 - Aug 24 by PinnerPaul

BUT he was truly awful that 1st 45' v Sheff Utd

So what ??
Portsmouth after smyth! on 20:55 - Aug 24 with 1494 viewssmegma

Portsmouth after smyth! on 15:00 - Aug 24 by Ashdown_Ranger

31st November.

But only in a leap year
Portsmouth after smyth! on 21:04 - Aug 24 with 1470 viewssmegma

Get with the programme. On here, you report a rumour you've seen on the net. Then watch everyone go into overdrive and before you know it he has sold for a packet of cheese & onion crisps and a space hopper.

Then you blame Les.

And Hoos.

In that order.

Luke Freeman being sold a month ago being a prime example.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024