Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Williams (11) 17:52 - Nov 5 with 12392 viewsgeraldo

I realise that he has an amazing amount of energy but I cannot ever see him scoring a goal in Lg1
He seems to be part of Hill's starting line up with Calvin coming on after an hour. Why Clough only comes on for a few minutes is hard to understand - he had the best 2 shots on Saturday hitting the bar with an effort that no one else would have attempted. Had he been on from the start I am convinced he would have put away at least one of our many chances in the first half.
Jordan Williams (11) on 18:40 - Nov 21 with 2923 viewsdingdangblue

Jordan Williams (11) on 13:33 - Nov 21 by sweetcorn

Agree about clough and Henderson linking up. We've already seen it once against Doncaster and to be fair it worked, its the best movement in the final third I've seen from us this season.

That front 3 of inman, Henderson and clough, carved through Doncaster that afternoon, we were just wasteful and never took our chances.

I want Hill to give that front 3 another go..

Interestingly after mulling over that game Hill commented a few days later that although he agreed we were fantastic going forward - he'd watched the match video again and obviously gone over the analysis and he commented that he wasn't happy with lots of our work when not in possession. As Clough hasn't started a league game since I'm putting 2 and 2 together and thinking it was a dig at him.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Jordan Williams (11) on 21:48 - Nov 21 with 2764 viewsJames1980

Jordan Williams (11) on 18:40 - Nov 21 by dingdangblue

Interestingly after mulling over that game Hill commented a few days later that although he agreed we were fantastic going forward - he'd watched the match video again and obviously gone over the analysis and he commented that he wasn't happy with lots of our work when not in possession. As Clough hasn't started a league game since I'm putting 2 and 2 together and thinking it was a dig at him.

I expect your maths is about right there. Could it be in his head Clough is of the opinion attackers attack defenders defend? Tracking back beyond the half way line means an attacking player is not in the best position if a break does ensue from the opponent losing the ball. Maybe less has been expected from him from a defensive point of view until joining Dale.

On a side note consideing his recent exploits with England U18s it would be good to see Adshead start but who would we drop/rest to accomodate him?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Jordan Williams (11) on 23:15 - Nov 21 with 2690 viewsrichfoad32

Jordan Williams (11) on 21:48 - Nov 21 by James1980

I expect your maths is about right there. Could it be in his head Clough is of the opinion attackers attack defenders defend? Tracking back beyond the half way line means an attacking player is not in the best position if a break does ensue from the opponent losing the ball. Maybe less has been expected from him from a defensive point of view until joining Dale.

On a side note consideing his recent exploits with England U18s it would be good to see Adshead start but who would we drop/rest to accomodate him?

I wouldn't be in any hurry to rush Adshead into the team. Still learning and growing, at the point when a few poor performances could damage his confidence, and we have more than enough players who (should be) capable of starting ahead of him. The Checkatrade is an ideal showcase to bring him along slowly.

I'm personally more disappointed we haven't seen more of Morley this season.
Jordan Williams (11) on 07:49 - Nov 22 with 2537 viewsboromat

Jordan Williams (11) on 23:15 - Nov 21 by richfoad32

I wouldn't be in any hurry to rush Adshead into the team. Still learning and growing, at the point when a few poor performances could damage his confidence, and we have more than enough players who (should be) capable of starting ahead of him. The Checkatrade is an ideal showcase to bring him along slowly.

I'm personally more disappointed we haven't seen more of Morley this season.

Agree with the Morley comment! He's always looked assured and strong enough to play in the first team and we probably haven't seen him properly for 12 months.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Jordan Williams (11) on 09:54 - Nov 22 with 2465 viewsdingdangblue

Jordan Williams (11) on 07:49 - Nov 22 by boromat

Agree with the Morley comment! He's always looked assured and strong enough to play in the first team and we probably haven't seen him properly for 12 months.

Would you believe that it's 2 YEARS since he last featured in a league game! 😮

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=94489&season_id=149

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Jordan Williams (11) on 16:58 - Nov 22 with 2234 viewsJames1980

Jordan Williams (11) on 09:54 - Nov 22 by dingdangblue

Would you believe that it's 2 YEARS since he last featured in a league game! 😮

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=94489&season_id=149

Any logical explanation for this? Perhaps if we sell/loan a few players in January he could feature more

Jordan Williams (11) on 18:12 - Nov 22 with 2149 viewsdingdangblue

Jordan Williams (11) on 16:58 - Nov 22 by James1980

Any logical explanation for this? Perhaps if we sell/loan a few players in January he could feature more

You could say that last season wasn't the time to be blooding young players in the first team. Not sure if he had any injuries? - because he wasn't involved in any 1st team games at all according to soccerbase.

Jordan Williams (11) on 19:00 - Nov 22 with 2091 viewsJames1980

Jordan Williams (11) on 18:12 - Nov 22 by dingdangblue

You could say that last season wasn't the time to be blooding young players in the first team. Not sure if he had any injuries? - because he wasn't involved in any 1st team games at all according to soccerbase.

Good point re last season although over the course of the 46 games it is a shame he didn't feature in any.

Maybe he was injured, didn't perform in training or both.
Who would be rested to include him in the team?

Login to get fewer ads

Jordan Williams (11) on 01:11 - Nov 23 with 1938 viewskiwidale

Jordan Williams (11) on 19:00 - Nov 22 by James1980

Good point re last season although over the course of the 46 games it is a shame he didn't feature in any.

Maybe he was injured, didn't perform in training or both.
Who would be rested to include him in the team?

Its not as if we have a settled midfield or attack the only constant being Henderson, all others have been dropped, recycled ad nauseam and will be dropped again. Throwing Adshead or Morley in the mix would just give Hill more opportunities to shag around with the personnel. Does anybody know how many changes we have made this season? It must be close to the world record for div1.

This is not the time for bickering.

Jordan Williams (11) on 14:50 - Nov 23 with 1804 viewstony_roch975

Jordan Williams (11) on 16:58 - Nov 22 by James1980

signing end-of-career players hasn't helped as many of us pointed out at the time

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Jordan Williams (11) on 15:24 - Nov 23 with 1758 viewsJames1980

Jordan Williams (11) on 01:11 - Nov 23 by kiwidale

Its not as if we have a settled midfield or attack the only constant being Henderson, all others have been dropped, recycled ad nauseam and will be dropped again. Throwing Adshead or Morley in the mix would just give Hill more opportunities to shag around with the personnel. Does anybody know how many changes we have made this season? It must be close to the world record for div1.

In for a penny.
One question would Henderson not be better utilised further up front and not as a midfielder?
[Post edited 23 Nov 2018 15:36]

Jordan Williams (11) on 23:37 - Nov 23 with 1614 viewssweetcorn

Jordan Williams (11) on 18:40 - Nov 21 by dingdangblue

Doff my hat off to him, glad he saw what he saw and made the necessary adjustments, good to see how our form has improved since..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024