Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff's homeless problem 13:19 - Dec 19 with 1748 viewsdickythorpe

I was up there yesterday, more tents in Queen Street than Pembrey country park!
Surely hostels need to be built?
Cardiff's homeless problem on 13:21 - Dec 19 with 1741 viewsswanjackal

Don't start up this "Cardiff always get everything" nonsense again. Hospital wards, homelessness etc

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Cardiff's homeless problem on 14:59 - Dec 19 with 1659 viewsAguycalledJack

I’m in carmarthen at the moment. You usually think of homelessness being a city problem. I’ve just walked past about 5 separate doorways with people sleeping or begging in them.
Cardiff's homeless problem on 15:24 - Dec 19 with 1629 viewsJosey_Wales37

Really bad in most these parts now. I was told at least 37 in Caerphilly alone. Swansea is very bad, every time I go around, there same faces and many new. And that's not the worst of their problems, the harassment they get is unbelievable, especially the women, basically had to stay around and keep an eye on a guy who was harassing one of the homeless women the other week. Tried phoning relevant people to report it and couldn't get answer, so we just stuck around until he went away.

Its very interesting that Scandinavian countries, Finland especially have pretty much solved their homeless problems.
Cardiff's homeless problem on 15:34 - Dec 19 with 1614 viewsmajorraglan

Cardiff's homeless problem on 14:59 - Dec 19 by AguycalledJack

I’m in carmarthen at the moment. You usually think of homelessness being a city problem. I’ve just walked past about 5 separate doorways with people sleeping or begging in them.

I was in Carmarthen yesterday and saw 3, maybe 4 in sleeping bags begging. I was told that at least 1 of the beggars catches the train from Swansea to Carmarthen a few times a week to come begging here because people are more prepared to give in Carmarthen. Same person was seen begging in Cardiff.
Cardiff's homeless problem on 16:50 - Dec 19 with 1551 viewswestwalesed

Very few things make me more upset then seeing homeless. It would cost so little in relative terms to have state run shelters. They should be basic, provide a bed, a shower and a meal. And a secure p.o. box for each resident so they can start the process of applying for benefits, housing etc.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Cardiff's homeless problem on 16:53 - Dec 19 with 1545 viewsjacksfullaces

walking through the centre friday night, felt like as many homeless as revellers, lot of interaction between the two.
Cardiff's homeless problem on 17:09 - Dec 19 with 1531 viewsbyron

Cardiff's homeless problem on 16:53 - Dec 19 by jacksfullaces

walking through the centre friday night, felt like as many homeless as revellers, lot of interaction between the two.

It’s getting out of hand now I think. Tents seem to alarm normal people more, it’s as if it’s so in yer face you can’t ignore it. Now we have pissheads throwing fags on them. Guy was found dead in st Mary Street last week, apparently did have a room to live in but chose the street! Can’t see how the shops can like it if it’s right by them? Surely you can’t pitch a tent on a street legally anyway?
Quite a few are even popping up in the suburbs now to, around roath, Cathays areas.

Benny

Cardiff's homeless problem on 17:14 - Dec 19 with 1523 viewsCountyJim

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/16970528.behind-the-headlines-your-views-

Not saying it's the answer but they have started these in Newport
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff's homeless problem on 17:32 - Dec 19 with 1502 viewsAnotherJohn

Cardiff's homeless problem on 15:24 - Dec 19 by Josey_Wales37

Really bad in most these parts now. I was told at least 37 in Caerphilly alone. Swansea is very bad, every time I go around, there same faces and many new. And that's not the worst of their problems, the harassment they get is unbelievable, especially the women, basically had to stay around and keep an eye on a guy who was harassing one of the homeless women the other week. Tried phoning relevant people to report it and couldn't get answer, so we just stuck around until he went away.

Its very interesting that Scandinavian countries, Finland especially have pretty much solved their homeless problems.

Stories about Stockholm railway station and so on suggest that there are still some problems in Sweden at least. Here is an overview article from 2016 - not sure whether the situation has improved.

https://www.thelocal.se/20160115/whats-life-like-as-a-homeless-person-during-swe
Cardiff's homeless problem on 18:49 - Dec 19 with 1438 viewssainthelens

Make sure you chuck Byron a pound or 2. Needs to pay his internet bill.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024