Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nante Payment 17:00 - Feb 6 with 15000 viewsblackflyingswan

Nante have asked why the first payment for Salas transfer fee has not been paid by Cardiff
Nante Payment on 19:35 - Feb 6 with 1921 viewsGlyn1

Nante Payment on 18:14 - Feb 6 by MrSwerve

Taking the emotion out of it a second, which I agree is difficult...wasn’t he a Cardiff city player, that had completed his transfer from Nantes? Therefore Cardiff must pay the fee to Nantes. He was no longer anything to do with Nantes as a player.

No idea how the insurance/legal side of it works though.

Yes you're right, he was a Cardiff player at the time of his death and Cardiff aren't disputing that. They are asking for clarification about how the accident happened probably, as you said, for insurance purposes. Since there hasn't yet been an inquest and the bodies haven't even been retrieved yet it's insensitive of Nantes.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2019 19:41]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Nante Payment on 19:38 - Feb 6 with 1914 viewsLoyal

The biggest issue here isn't the request for a contracted payment it's how this is in the media, whoever is responsible has brought more sadness to an already sad situation for his family.
That person needs a kicking. Insensitive cnt.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Nante Payment on 19:40 - Feb 6 with 1915 viewsGlyn1

Nante Payment on 19:24 - Feb 6 by NeathJack

Because contracts were signed, exchanged and he was officially transferred to Cardiff and no longer a Nantes player.

Try buying a car, failing to ensure it and then driving it out of the showroom, crashing it on the way home and then expecting not to have to pay for it.

But Cardiff haven't said that they won't pay, and they weren't driving the car.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Nante Payment on 19:42 - Feb 6 with 1898 viewsPentyrchJack

I would have thought that Nantes and Cardiff could have sorted this out quietly and in private as playing it out in the media is crass. I wonder if the agent who arranged the private flight is still taking his wedge?

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Nante Payment on 19:43 - Feb 6 with 1896 viewsNeathJack

Nante Payment on 19:40 - Feb 6 by Glyn1

But Cardiff haven't said that they won't pay, and they weren't driving the car.

Well they appear to be overdue with the first payment.
Nante Payment on 19:47 - Feb 6 with 1878 viewsGaryjack

Nante Payment on 19:32 - Feb 6 by jack2jack

Aye but as I say Gaz nothing has been sorted yet, so business or no business it's still being investigated, that was my main point, as well as the fact there are two people who've lost their lives👍

As i said, i totally agree. But Cardiff signed Sala, and it's quite obvious they are refusing to pay until they know where they stand regarding insurance. This could take some time and Nantes have obviously taken their own legal advice and decided to set the wheels in motion. Insensitive to outsiders yes, but if Nantes believe Cardiff are trying to avoid payment then they have to act.
Nante Payment on 19:49 - Feb 6 with 1866 viewsblackflyingswan

A very very sad state of affairs.Hope his family can coup with this sad outcome.
Nante Payment on 19:50 - Feb 6 with 1862 viewsjack2jack

Nante Payment on 19:30 - Feb 6 by jasper_T

You might have a point if Nantes were to be paid upon Sala's death, which those investigations would confirm.

There's nothing to sort with regards the transfer of Sala from Nantes to Cardiff. It was a done deal and payment is due.

Your second point is perfectly reasonable, I'm no expert on these things, maybe they pay and sort out insurance claims later, still it's a bit off to be shouting and screeming now, as Loyal said earlier it's the press jumping on this. How does it look to the families Salar and Ibbotson, from my stand point it looks very poor.
Login to get fewer ads

Nante Payment on 19:53 - Feb 6 with 1839 viewsjack2jack

Nante Payment on 19:47 - Feb 6 by Garyjack

As i said, i totally agree. But Cardiff signed Sala, and it's quite obvious they are refusing to pay until they know where they stand regarding insurance. This could take some time and Nantes have obviously taken their own legal advice and decided to set the wheels in motion. Insensitive to outsiders yes, but if Nantes believe Cardiff are trying to avoid payment then they have to act.

Fair enough, suppose the full details will come to light eventually.
Nante Payment on 19:54 - Feb 6 with 1836 viewsCroftyjack

Nante Payment on 19:32 - Feb 6 by jack2jack

Aye but as I say Gaz nothing has been sorted yet, so business or no business it's still being investigated, that was my main point, as well as the fact there are two people who've lost their lives👍

As this is out of the ordinary the right thing to do is for both clubs to agree a fee, say hald around £7-8m.
But not knowing the ins and outs if it is based on apps, staying up etc then they may only ever have to pay less than that.
But agree a fee quickly and move on..its too sensitive to drag on.
Nante Payment on 19:56 - Feb 6 with 1829 viewsjack2jack

Nante Payment on 19:24 - Feb 6 by NeathJack

Because contracts were signed, exchanged and he was officially transferred to Cardiff and no longer a Nantes player.

Try buying a car, failing to ensure it and then driving it out of the showroom, crashing it on the way home and then expecting not to have to pay for it.

Do we know with any certainty that the player wasn't insured, just asking like.
Anyway it'll all come to light in the coming days and weeks.
Nante Payment on 19:58 - Feb 6 with 1823 viewsNeathJack

Nante Payment on 19:56 - Feb 6 by jack2jack

Do we know with any certainty that the player wasn't insured, just asking like.
Anyway it'll all come to light in the coming days and weeks.

Whether he was insured or not should make zero difference to the money Nantes are owed.
Nante Payment on 19:59 - Feb 6 with 1816 viewsjasper_T

Nante Payment on 19:54 - Feb 6 by Croftyjack

As this is out of the ordinary the right thing to do is for both clubs to agree a fee, say hald around £7-8m.
But not knowing the ins and outs if it is based on apps, staying up etc then they may only ever have to pay less than that.
But agree a fee quickly and move on..its too sensitive to drag on.

What about Bordeaux who were entitled to half the fee Nantes received?

The fee was set and the transfer was completed. If Cardiff had adequate insurance they'll get what they can back. It's not Nantes' financial burden to bear. They've certainly got no way to claim on insurance for the loss of an asset. They already sold it.
Nante Payment on 20:00 - Feb 6 with 1810 viewsjasper_T

There's going to be new developments for weeks, by the time everything's settled the second and third payments will probably be due.

Sensitivity doesn't mean the world huts down from its obligations.
Nante Payment on 20:01 - Feb 6 with 1805 viewsjack2jack

Nante Payment on 19:58 - Feb 6 by NeathJack

Whether he was insured or not should make zero difference to the money Nantes are owed.

Fair point, it's just the timing and the way it's been handled.
Nante Payment on 20:04 - Feb 6 with 1798 viewsJacket

Once the dust has settled, there comes a time business has to be dealt with. The dust has not settled.
Nante Payment on 20:05 - Feb 6 with 1796 viewsNeathJack

Nante Payment on 20:01 - Feb 6 by jack2jack

Fair point, it's just the timing and the way it's been handled.

It's pretty clear Cardiff are going to try and find a way to renege on the deal. There is no other reason for them not making that first payment.
Nante Payment on 20:16 - Feb 6 with 1744 viewswestside

Wonder who made this public knowledge ?
Nante Payment on 20:18 - Feb 6 with 1721 viewsLoyal

Nante Payment on 20:16 - Feb 6 by westside

Wonder who made this public knowledge ?

A complete and utter cnt.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Nante Payment on 20:20 - Feb 6 with 1711 viewsDarran

Nantes might need the money.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Nante Payment on 20:21 - Feb 6 with 1704 viewsjack2jack

Nante Payment on 20:05 - Feb 6 by NeathJack

It's pretty clear Cardiff are going to try and find a way to renege on the deal. There is no other reason for them not making that first payment.

Again we just don't know all the nuts and bolts of the deal.👍
Nante Payment on 20:23 - Feb 6 with 1694 viewsThornburyswan

Nante Payment on 19:58 - Feb 6 by NeathJack

He wasn't Cardiff do carry player insurance but he had not been added to their roster with the Insurance company.
Nante Payment on 20:33 - Feb 6 with 1664 viewsunion_jack

Nante Payment on 20:23 - Feb 6 by Thornburyswan

He wasn't Cardiff do carry player insurance but he had not been added to their roster with the Insurance company.

Oops!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Nante Payment on 20:37 - Feb 6 with 1644 viewsplasjack

Nante Payment on 20:23 - Feb 6 by Thornburyswan

Source ?
Nante Payment on 20:41 - Feb 6 with 1634 viewsGaryjack

Nante Payment on 20:20 - Feb 6 by Darran

Nantes might need the money.

Exactly. All of a sudden some people think Football clubs and insurance companies are some sort of charities. It's all very sad, but it's a big bad world out there!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024