Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great album covers 08:39 - May 2 with 6754 viewsjoecooke

One of my favourites

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Great album covers on 23:53 - May 4 with 1305 viewsjoecooke

Sometimes less is more.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Great album covers on 16:55 - May 5 with 1196 viewsmoth5368

Great album covers on 14:05 - May 4 by AtThePeake

The same song keeps getting them number ones unfortunately. I find both incredibly dull, but I also find a lot of the guitar bands around at the moment pretty dull too. I am a fan of bands such as IDLES, Fontaines DC, and the Blinders but they're hardly doing anything new.

10 years ago I never thought I would say this, but hip-hop really is the only genre that's continuing to develop and push boundaries at the moment. There are still some great, unique guitar bands around but they're barely making a ripple whereas hip-hop continues to evolve in a really exciting and innovative way.

Three of my favourite current bands there ATP but I agree, they’re not innovative. In a similar vein have you listened to Shame and The Murder Capital?
Great album covers on 16:57 - May 5 with 1193 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Great album covers on 11:00 - May 2 by joecooke

It appears on a laptop but not a phone. Love New Order.
[Post edited 5 May 2020 18:02]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Great album covers on 17:53 - May 5 with 1168 viewsAtThePeake

Great album covers on 16:55 - May 5 by moth5368

Three of my favourite current bands there ATP but I agree, they’re not innovative. In a similar vein have you listened to Shame and The Murder Capital?

Shame are decent enough! I'll give The Murder Capital a go this week.

IDLES are especially good live. I've been to see them twice and both gigs are up there with the best I've ever been to. Given that they are nominally a punk band, it's such a friendly, open atmosphere and with the AF Gang Facebook page it genuinely feels like a community being a fan of that band.

Working Men's Club and Squid are two bands that have interesting enough sounds judging from their first few EPs and singles. Hopefully they can pick up a bit of traction.

Tangled up in blue.

Great album covers (n/t) on 17:55 - May 5 with 1156 viewsBartRowou

Great album covers on 09:00 - May 4 by BigDaveMyCock

I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with this album. Don’t get me wrong, I like it very much and a lot of the b-sides of the singles off it were brilliant (Mersey Paradise and Standing Here being particular favourites). The issue I have with it was what came afterwards. It was that successful many of its admirers created a ‘uniformity’ as to what was ‘Manchester’ music. All these clones emerged all looking the same, speaking the same and with an identikit laddie attitude. Mad for it. Music from the region from 10cc, Buzzcocks, Joy Division, Smiths, New Order and the Mondays was always innovative and never followed. After the ‘Madchester’ scene (of which this album stands at the pinnacle) it became formulaic and regressive.
Only my humble opinion of course and certainly not the Stone Roses fault who have always distanced themselves from many of those citing them as influences.
Anyway, enjoy the sunshhhhiiiiinnnnnnnneeeee.
[Post edited 4 May 2020 9:05]

[Post edited 5 May 2020 17:56]

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024