Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast: Episode 6 15:05 - Apr 29 with 1203 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/52341/the-rochdaleafc.com-p

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast: Episode 6 on 16:42 - Apr 29 with 1175 viewsAtThePeake

Any goals we've missed out here? Looking back I think I'd have mentioned Matt Lund's winner at Bristol Rovers in 2013/2014, for sheer importance rather than skill. A huge goal to hand us three massive points just as we appeared to be throwing our promotion chances away.

Tangled up in blue.

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast: Episode 6 on 17:22 - Apr 29 with 1156 viewsjonahwhereru

Thanks lads, it really does help to listen to memories of happier times.

The criteria for selecting the top ten is so varied you can’t disagree about any of the selections.

I will add 3 to the list, if I may.

Mcardle’s header against Stockport in the play off final. So well worked and a foul on their keeper. I know it unravelled after that but for a few minutes most of us started to believe. My dad was in his 70’s and I have never seen him celebrate like it.

Now these are both biased due to living in Southend, but the Callum Camps header at Roots Hall to put us 2-1 up in 88mins, when we were desperate for any points last season was just fantastic. I had not witnessed a Rochdale win at Southend until that day.
The other goal was Henderson’s against Southend at Spotland last season to make us absolutely safe. It was a scrappy affair with Hamilton’s shot being parried rather than held and Hendo stabbed it in, but it was a great stress reliever.

The above doesn’t even cover the 19 pass goal against, oh Southend I believe it was, this season.

Boys if you ever want a podcast covering our encounters against Southend I’m your man. Mind you only one person listening means it might not fly, but I would listen to it 100 times.

Thanks again and also for your willingness to moderate this board in challenging times.
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast: Episode 6 on 17:28 - Apr 29 with 1155 viewsAtThePeake

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast: Episode 6 on 17:22 - Apr 29 by jonahwhereru

Thanks lads, it really does help to listen to memories of happier times.

The criteria for selecting the top ten is so varied you can’t disagree about any of the selections.

I will add 3 to the list, if I may.

Mcardle’s header against Stockport in the play off final. So well worked and a foul on their keeper. I know it unravelled after that but for a few minutes most of us started to believe. My dad was in his 70’s and I have never seen him celebrate like it.

Now these are both biased due to living in Southend, but the Callum Camps header at Roots Hall to put us 2-1 up in 88mins, when we were desperate for any points last season was just fantastic. I had not witnessed a Rochdale win at Southend until that day.
The other goal was Henderson’s against Southend at Spotland last season to make us absolutely safe. It was a scrappy affair with Hamilton’s shot being parried rather than held and Hendo stabbed it in, but it was a great stress reliever.

The above doesn’t even cover the 19 pass goal against, oh Southend I believe it was, this season.

Boys if you ever want a podcast covering our encounters against Southend I’m your man. Mind you only one person listening means it might not fly, but I would listen to it 100 times.

Thanks again and also for your willingness to moderate this board in challenging times.

I did have Hendo's 19 pass goal versus Southend down as one for a potential honourable mention but there were already so many Hendo goals to include. McArdle at Wembley is an excellent shout and I'm not quite sure how we missed it to be honest!

Tangled up in blue.

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast: Episode 6 on 21:00 - Apr 29 with 1116 viewsChaffRAFC

Debated the McArdle one. It will be memorable as the first goal we ever scored at Wembley and going 1-0 up should have seen us all believing that was us going up but at no point did I ever think we were going up that day.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast: Episode 6 on 21:12 - Apr 29 with 1106 viewsD_Alien

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast: Episode 6 on 21:00 - Apr 29 by ChaffRAFC

Debated the McArdle one. It will be memorable as the first goal we ever scored at Wembley and going 1-0 up should have seen us all believing that was us going up but at no point did I ever think we were going up that day.

Agree, when he scored it was almost an anti-climax, a feeling that we were somehow trespassing into forbidden territory

A kind of "Oh shit, we're ahead" moment, not that it makes much sense!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast: Episode 6 on 22:02 - Apr 29 with 1071 viewsShun

I haven’t listened to it yet, but one I’d definitely include is Henderson’s last-minute winner at Cheltenham in Hill’s second promotion season to take us to the top of the league. Beautiful goal, beautiful scenes afterwards.
The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast: Episode 6 on 12:44 - Apr 30 with 1003 viewsChaffRAFC

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast: Episode 6 on 22:02 - Apr 29 by Shun

I haven’t listened to it yet, but one I’d definitely include is Henderson’s last-minute winner at Cheltenham in Hill’s second promotion season to take us to the top of the league. Beautiful goal, beautiful scenes afterwards.

It gets mentioned.

Genius

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast: Episode 6 on 13:39 - Apr 30 with 976 viewsDaleiLama

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast: Episode 6 on 12:44 - Apr 30 by ChaffRAFC

It gets mentioned.

Genius

The definition of a great is someone who makes it look easy. Like Hendo.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast: Episode 6 on 15:28 - May 2 with 886 viewsChaffRAFC

Again, genius!

The RochdaleAFC.com Podcast: Episode 6 on 13:34 - May 5 with 775 viewsChaffRAFC

2 years ago today!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024