Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Stay Alert” 09:32 - May 10 with 13121 viewsPatfromPoole

Well, there’s a “how long is a piece of string?” slogan if ever I heard one.......

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

“Stay Alert” on 14:14 - May 10 with 990 viewsSadoldgit

“Stay Alert” on 13:41 - May 10 by Boris_

This is the problem. The nation has become almost addicted to benefits and almost full pay for sitting at home doing nothing.

There are so many people on Twitter etc shouting and screaming for the lockdown to be extended, 99.9% of them are 'workers' currently furloughed or workshy teachers sat at home on full pay.

I imagine the furlough scheme will end for all sectors able to still trade ( everything apart from events and hospitality ) from next month.

Hopefully todays announcement effectively makes it 'acceptable' to visit close family and friends if done sensibly.

Work shy teachers? Really? You can’t blame people not wanting to risk their lives to teach children of parents of people like you Boris.
“Stay Alert” on 14:22 - May 10 with 978 viewskernow

“Stay Alert” on 14:14 - May 10 by Sadoldgit

Work shy teachers? Really? You can’t blame people not wanting to risk their lives to teach children of parents of people like you Boris.

My daughter is a teacher in London.
She is NOT work shy.
“Stay Alert” on 14:35 - May 10 with 962 viewsBoris_

“Stay Alert” on 14:14 - May 10 by Sadoldgit

Funny that 18 year olds working in Supermarkets or in Social Care realise that we are in war time and all need to rise up.

Literally the only profession I see crying about going to go back to work is teachers. Especially with Primary Schools, there has not been a single bit of evidence anywhere in the world when doing track and trace that under 10's can transmit the disease.

My kids are in their 20's mush, so I'm not speaking for me. I have just noticed that the only ones shouting and screaming about going back to work are teachers, especially in the case of Primary School teachers, they are far less likely to contract the virus than the 17 year old on check-out at Tesco.

Poll: Claude Puel

“Stay Alert” on 14:47 - May 10 with 941 viewsVagina_Dentata

“Stay Alert” on 14:35 - May 10 by Boris_

Funny that 18 year olds working in Supermarkets or in Social Care realise that we are in war time and all need to rise up.

Literally the only profession I see crying about going to go back to work is teachers. Especially with Primary Schools, there has not been a single bit of evidence anywhere in the world when doing track and trace that under 10's can transmit the disease.

My kids are in their 20's mush, so I'm not speaking for me. I have just noticed that the only ones shouting and screaming about going back to work are teachers, especially in the case of Primary School teachers, they are far less likely to contract the virus than the 17 year old on check-out at Tesco.

The teachers all over the country are still teaching. We’re still setting and marking work daily. We’re still ringing up our kids and making sure they’re ok. Some teachers (including me) have been teaching in school every week day since this kicked off in addition to the online teaching.

Going psychically back into the building with the kids isn’t going to make much of a difference to our workload.

This is isn’t a look at me, aren’t I wonderful post. It’s telling you, again, that you’re wrong.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

“Stay Alert” on 15:07 - May 10 with 924 viewsgrumpy

What is your problem with Teachers?
They work very hard and there is a lot of pressure on them to get results.
“Stay Alert” on 15:21 - May 10 with 903 viewsBoris_

“Stay Alert” on 14:47 - May 10 by Vagina_Dentata

The teachers all over the country are still teaching. We’re still setting and marking work daily. We’re still ringing up our kids and making sure they’re ok. Some teachers (including me) have been teaching in school every week day since this kicked off in addition to the online teaching.

Going psychically back into the building with the kids isn’t going to make much of a difference to our workload.

This is isn’t a look at me, aren’t I wonderful post. It’s telling you, again, that you’re wrong.

I am not going to dispute your efforts mush, especially if you're a secondary school teacher as I have a different opinion of them.

There is no scientific evidence anywhere in the world that Children can transmit the virus which in turn means there is no reason for kids, especially in Primary Schools to go back. The 'danger' that Primary School teachers claim they will be under simply isn't there.

Like I said, it's far more dangerous for shop workers etc than it is for primary teachers.

This suggests it's more of a case that they simply don't want to go back to work? Why invent dangers if you're an 'education first / for the kids' teacher?

“Stay Alert” on 15:33 - May 10 with 889 viewsdarthvader

“Stay Alert” on 13:33 - May 10 by Occasional_Showers

Because the official unofficial message now is to go out but the official official message is still to stay in. In other words they secretly want everyone to go out even though they are having to say they want everyone to stay in. It’s quite clear when you think about it. Once everyone starts following the official unofficial advice and start going out and ignoring the official official advice it will mean that the lockdown is lifted and when the official unofficial advice becomes the official advice the advice we were unofficially following will be what we are doing anyway.

Sounds official

keep the faith coyr

“Stay Alert” on 15:34 - May 10 with 888 viewskentsouthampton

' there has not been a single bit of evidence anywhere in the world when doing track and trace that under 10's can transmit the disease'

You don't half spout some shite, according to a leading German virologist you're wrong, but then again what would he know that a mongboarder wouldn't.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-30/children-with-coronavirus-may
Login to get fewer ads

“Stay Alert” on 15:44 - May 10 with 877 viewsBoris_

“Stay Alert” on 15:34 - May 10 by kentsouthampton

' there has not been a single bit of evidence anywhere in the world when doing track and trace that under 10's can transmit the disease'

You don't half spout some shite, according to a leading German virologist you're wrong, but then again what would he know that a mongboarder wouldn't.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-30/children-with-coronavirus-may

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-30/children-don-t-pass-covid-19-

Same website. Same date but this time a study on factual evidence from the World Health Organisation that hasn't found a single case of a child passing the virus on to an adult. It's literally linked in the article you posted.

I don't know why people are so desperate to find a reason to make schools seem more dangerous than many other places like supermarkets, shops, delivery drivers etc who are rolling their sleeves up and getting on with it.

“Stay Alert” on 15:44 - May 10 with 877 viewsVagina_Dentata

“Stay Alert” on 15:21 - May 10 by Boris_

I am not going to dispute your efforts mush, especially if you're a secondary school teacher as I have a different opinion of them.

There is no scientific evidence anywhere in the world that Children can transmit the virus which in turn means there is no reason for kids, especially in Primary Schools to go back. The 'danger' that Primary School teachers claim they will be under simply isn't there.

Like I said, it's far more dangerous for shop workers etc than it is for primary teachers.

This suggests it's more of a case that they simply don't want to go back to work? Why invent dangers if you're an 'education first / for the kids' teacher?

Primary.

You seem to be conflating two issues: firstly, that children can’t transmit the virus. It’s not just about the children. Primary especially means close proximity with the parents of 300 children. Im sure this is workable to some degree but, like all reopening, will need time; secondly, that teachers aren’t working. This is demonstrably not true.

I know the teaching staff of several schools in our local - primary, secondary and SEND provision schools - very well. We are setting work. We are marking. We are ringing to check they’re ok. We are ringing to go over and edit a piece of work together. We are making online lessons. We’re doing SEND meetings over zoom.

There is no “going back” to work. We are still at work.

Your disdain and ire is misplaced.

“Stay Alert” on 15:49 - May 10 with 873 viewsSadoldgit

Whether children can or can’t transmit the disease is neither here nor there, although it is clear that children have been infected and killed. Kids don’t just magically appear at school. There is a hum of people at the school gates in the morning and afternoon. Lots of people in cars. Lots of potential accidents. Schools are populated by adults as well as children. Schools were closed for a reason, to help stopping the spread of the virus and to save lives. They were not closed to accommodate “work shy teachers”.
“Stay Alert” on 15:51 - May 10 with 868 viewskentsouthampton

“Stay Alert” on 15:44 - May 10 by Boris_

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-30/children-don-t-pass-covid-19-

Same website. Same date but this time a study on factual evidence from the World Health Organisation that hasn't found a single case of a child passing the virus on to an adult. It's literally linked in the article you posted.

I don't know why people are so desperate to find a reason to make schools seem more dangerous than many other places like supermarkets, shops, delivery drivers etc who are rolling their sleeves up and getting on with it.

Same WHO that initially said it can't be transmitted between humans, that went well.
“Stay Alert” on 15:51 - May 10 with 867 viewskentsouthampton

“Stay Alert” on 15:49 - May 10 by Sadoldgit

Whether children can or can’t transmit the disease is neither here nor there, although it is clear that children have been infected and killed. Kids don’t just magically appear at school. There is a hum of people at the school gates in the morning and afternoon. Lots of people in cars. Lots of potential accidents. Schools are populated by adults as well as children. Schools were closed for a reason, to help stopping the spread of the virus and to save lives. They were not closed to accommodate “work shy teachers”.

This spot on.
“Stay Alert” on 15:54 - May 10 with 861 viewsBoris_

“Stay Alert” on 15:49 - May 10 by Sadoldgit

You said that whether they can transmit the disease is neither here nor there, yet you then justify schools being shut by saying they were closed to help stop the spread of the virus and to save lives?

Which one is it?

“Stay Alert” on 16:00 - May 10 with 851 viewsBoris_

“Stay Alert” on 15:44 - May 10 by Vagina_Dentata

Primary.

You seem to be conflating two issues: firstly, that children can’t transmit the virus. It’s not just about the children. Primary especially means close proximity with the parents of 300 children. Im sure this is workable to some degree but, like all reopening, will need time; secondly, that teachers aren’t working. This is demonstrably not true.

I know the teaching staff of several schools in our local - primary, secondary and SEND provision schools - very well. We are setting work. We are marking. We are ringing to check they’re ok. We are ringing to go over and edit a piece of work together. We are making online lessons. We’re doing SEND meetings over zoom.

There is no “going back” to work. We are still at work.

Your disdain and ire is misplaced.

I think your school is fantastic then mush as the vast majority of my pals have Primary School age kids in several schools around the Romsey area and most haven't heard from their teacher, some of them had a quick postcard sent but generally the feeling is they are 'kicking back' .

“Stay Alert” on 16:05 - May 10 with 843 viewsRednWight

“Stay Alert” on 16:00 - May 10 by Boris_

I think your school is fantastic then mush as the vast majority of my pals have Primary School age kids in several schools around the Romsey area and most haven't heard from their teacher, some of them had a quick postcard sent but generally the feeling is they are 'kicking back' .

My granddaughters teacher drops work to all her class. Posting through letter box etc

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

“Stay Alert” on 16:06 - May 10 with 839 viewsSaintsforeverj

2000 children in a secondary school passing on the virus to other children / teachers, their household members who have asthma or any health concern, is a legitimate concern. In supermarkets, there is strict social distancing in place. Try enforcing social distancing with 5 year olds, or even difficult 13 year olds. Try teaching these children without being able to get close enough to them to see their work. Is there any point getting children back into school if you can't teach them?

As for workshy teachers, explain why so many of them are giving up their cushy job to leave the profession? Why are there TV adverts advertising for teachers? You would think there would be hords of people wanting to do this easy job right?

I have family members who are teachers. They work weekends, evenings, deal with being sworn at, spat at, threatened and not just from the children. Some offocial, then questions why that violent child doesn't make the grade. Hence the teacher shortage.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 16:09]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

“Stay Alert” on 16:06 - May 10 with 834 viewsOccasional_Showers

“Stay Alert” on 13:42 - May 10 by Boris_

We have the most generous furlough scheme and employee/employment benefits in the world through this pandemic.

Even as a BUSINESS owner, I agree that the furlough scheme needs phasing out. The nation ( Dunce included ) have become addicted to benefits.

I’m loving it, I get more in a week than a benefits slob gets in a month.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

“Stay Alert” on 16:11 - May 10 with 823 viewsBoris_

“Stay Alert” on 16:06 - May 10 by Saintsforeverj

2000 children in a secondary school passing on the virus to other children / teachers, their household members who have asthma or any health concern, is a legitimate concern. In supermarkets, there is strict social distancing in place. Try enforcing social distancing with 5 year olds, or even difficult 13 year olds. Try teaching these children without being able to get close enough to them to see their work. Is there any point getting children back into school if you can't teach them?

As for workshy teachers, explain why so many of them are giving up their cushy job to leave the profession? Why are there TV adverts advertising for teachers? You would think there would be hords of people wanting to do this easy job right?

I have family members who are teachers. They work weekends, evenings, deal with being sworn at, spat at, threatened and not just from the children. Some offocial, then questions why that violent child doesn't make the grade. Hence the teacher shortage.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 16:09]

I have clarified a few times that it's mainly Primary Schools I think that don't have a legitimate reason for remaining closed and have suggested that teachers are inventing dangers to justify them not going back to work.

Kids under 10 don't need to social distance from each other if they cannot transmit the virus to adults.

“Stay Alert” on 16:14 - May 10 with 816 viewsBoris_

“Stay Alert” on 16:06 - May 10 by Occasional_Showers

I’m loving it, I get more in a week than a benefits slob gets in a month.

I am lucky that we have a great team of staff, most of which are proactively asking to come back and I don't expect any of them to complain when they are called back off furlough.

I can see real issues in many businesses though with staff refusing to come back off furlough as they have become used to free money for sitting at home and will invent 'dangers' to justify them not returning which HR departments will have to navigate through.

“Stay Alert” on 16:15 - May 10 with 813 viewsVagina_Dentata

“Stay Alert” on 16:00 - May 10 by Boris_

I know a few teachers in the Romsey area too. Honestly, the work evasion you’re talking about isn’t happening.

“Stay Alert” on 16:19 - May 10 with 800 viewsOccasional_Showers

“Stay Alert” on 16:14 - May 10 by Boris_

I am lucky that we have a great team of staff, most of which are proactively asking to come back and I don't expect any of them to complain when they are called back off furlough.

I can see real issues in many businesses though with staff refusing to come back off furlough as they have become used to free money for sitting at home and will invent 'dangers' to justify them not returning which HR departments will have to navigate through.

If there are dangers then management need to find solutions. I know for a fact my union will very proactive and so they should. That’s what I pay them to do.

“Stay Alert” on 16:25 - May 10 with 792 views1885_SFC

“Stay Alert” on 16:19 - May 10 by Occasional_Showers

If there are dangers then management need to find solutions. I know for a fact my union will very proactive and so they should. That’s what I pay them to do.

On the new car theme...

I'm looking to change my car at the end of this year. I was wondering how this pandemic will affect new car prices? My guess is now that the car plants are restarting production across Europe, there is going to be a global slump for demand & actual prices will fall in order to encourage sales.

I could be wide of the mark though...

Old School is Cool

“Stay Alert” on 16:29 - May 10 with 780 viewsSaintsforeverj

“Stay Alert” on 16:11 - May 10 by Boris_

I have clarified a few times that it's mainly Primary Schools I think that don't have a legitimate reason for remaining closed and have suggested that teachers are inventing dangers to justify them not going back to work.

Kids under 10 don't need to social distance from each other if they cannot transmit the virus to adults.

What definite evidence is there that children can't pass it on? A 5 year old got it. What about other adults passing it on to each other? What about adults who have to physically restrain children in pairs and can't socially distance? Or children who need medical support etc.

Do we ask 5 year olds to socially distance or not?
[Post edited 10 May 2020 16:30]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

“Stay Alert” on 16:34 - May 10 with 766 viewsOccasional_Showers

“Stay Alert” on 16:25 - May 10 by 1885_SFC

On the new car theme...

I'm looking to change my car at the end of this year. I was wondering how this pandemic will affect new car prices? My guess is now that the car plants are restarting production across Europe, there is going to be a global slump for demand & actual prices will fall in order to encourage sales.

I could be wide of the mark though...

There are going to be a lot of promotions and deals to kick start sales.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024