Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are you a Yorkshire Daley? 00:16 - May 19 with 10142 viewsNorthYorksDale

I recently got a mention in my sons weekly school newsletter related to me being a Dale fan.
The school has recently been connecting with ex pupils and in last weeks edition one James Proctor suggested he’d be the only ex pupil of the school ever to play professional football for Rochdale. I’ll be honest I had to look him up and it seems he had 1 start and a couple of sub appearances in the 95/96 season before he moved on to play in the US.

The story went onto suggest that not only would James be the only pupil to play for Rochdale but that in all likelihood I would be the only Rochdale fan to live in Yorkshire!!

If you’re now located located on the dark side or have lived over these parts for any period please let me know the town and how many Dale fans in your household so I can set the record straight with a strongly worded response to the editor in chief !!
Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 01:49 - May 19 with 6632 viewspioneer

'lived' in Yorksher from 1975-78 (Sheffield) 1981-85 (York) 1985-88 (Sheffield again) . . .then got released for good behaviour never to return.
Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 06:20 - May 19 with 6594 viewsdavidab2202

Did a 12 month spell of "missionary" work in Sheffield in the early seventies. Sometimes people talk of leaving their heart somewhere,all I left was my appendix and well rid.Wouldn't have any great wish to return to those parts.
Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 07:26 - May 19 with 6569 viewsfitzochris

I did my degree in Yorkshire, as well as my NCTJ training. Both of these required me to live there Monday-Friday over a four-year period.

Saturdays and Sundays were spent sanitising.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 07:32 - May 19 with 6565 viewsEllDale

Moved to Yorkshire in 1990 through work and still here, living in Elland, 30 years later.
Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 07:40 - May 19 with 6556 viewsHuddersdale1

Lived in Wakefield for a short time, then Huddersfield from 1982, now only just over the border at Marsden. It's not too bad really.
Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 08:17 - May 19 with 6536 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Did my degree in Leeds (96-99), loved living there, and PhD in York (01-05), a fantastic place to live.

Has tha got tow tens fert twenty?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 09:11 - May 19 with 6467 viewsRippDale

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 08:17 - May 19 by BigDaveMyCock

Did my degree in Leeds (96-99), loved living there, and PhD in York (01-05), a fantastic place to live.

Has tha got tow tens fert twenty?

Lived in Ripponden for 2 years and now in Brighouse for the last 7. Nice county but weird folk
Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 09:13 - May 19 with 6464 viewsncfc_chalky

I know a Yorkshire gal and it there's any Yorkshire pudding left over from the day before she will put jam on it and have it for her breakfast,what the chuff is that all ffs,I just sat there staring the first time that I saw her do it but then again she also says that tripe is the devils boff so she's not all bad

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Login to get fewer ads

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 09:47 - May 19 with 6437 viewsDaleiLama

I lived in Lower Wyke just outside Brighouse for slightly less than a year. It were graaaate. Everything was bigger, cheaper, more of it and the air was so much clearer and the countryside much more picturesque - truly God' s own country. To prove this, they even had their own (country) listing in the medal charts during the 2012 Olympics.

Then my job changed and I gave notice on the let to buy deal I'd started and thankfully moved back to the right side of the pennines just under 18 miles from Spotland.

Quick note to Chalky instead of doing two replies - cold naan bread (as long as it hasn't dried out) with butter and topping of your choice is a good brekker option.

Oh and some Yorkshire beer is quite good (he says begrudgingly, whilst some is also really bad too)

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 10:05 - May 19 with 6419 viewsncfc_chalky

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 09:47 - May 19 by DaleiLama

I lived in Lower Wyke just outside Brighouse for slightly less than a year. It were graaaate. Everything was bigger, cheaper, more of it and the air was so much clearer and the countryside much more picturesque - truly God' s own country. To prove this, they even had their own (country) listing in the medal charts during the 2012 Olympics.

Then my job changed and I gave notice on the let to buy deal I'd started and thankfully moved back to the right side of the pennines just under 18 miles from Spotland.

Quick note to Chalky instead of doing two replies - cold naan bread (as long as it hasn't dried out) with butter and topping of your choice is a good brekker option.

Oh and some Yorkshire beer is quite good (he says begrudgingly, whilst some is also really bad too)

Haven't you lot up north heard of cornflakes?

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 10:28 - May 19 with 6399 viewsjudd

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 10:05 - May 19 by ncfc_chalky

To put on Yorkshire pudding?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 11:24 - May 19 with 6339 viewsrochdaleriddler

I lived in Barnsley from 88-90, residential college for diploma in trade union studies, took in games at oakwell and millmoor whilst there.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 11:36 - May 19 with 6327 viewswroughtironron

I moved across to Halifax in 1978, had two sons who both became Dale supporters, so that's three of us (although one now lives in Idaho..
Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 11:51 - May 19 with 6309 viewsjav14

LIve in Elland and have done for just over 3 years.
Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 13:01 - May 19 with 6247 viewsThorntonDale

I moved from Rochdale to The Bradford area for work reasons in 1997.
I have been crossing the Pennines to continue following the Dale for the subsequent 23 years !
Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 15:16 - May 19 with 6177 viewsSalegraham

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 10:05 - May 19 by ncfc_chalky

Kellogg's factory is in Trafford park Manchester. It's a wonder you've had it.
Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 15:30 - May 19 with 6163 viewsJames1980

One of my great great grandparents was from Danby does that count?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 15:44 - May 19 with 6151 viewsdale18

I live in Leeds city centre moved back here after going to uni up here. I prefer Leeds city centre to Manchester to be honest except the self-entitled Leeds fans
Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 16:30 - May 19 with 6102 viewsNorthYorksDale

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
I make it 17 so far including me and the boy.
I'll send in the top 5 funniest replies into the editor, see if they make the next edition.
Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 17:01 - May 19 with 6072 viewsleedsdale

I moved to Leeds when I came to Uni in 2000 and have stayed ever since, currently living in Menston on the northern outskirts
Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 17:08 - May 19 with 6056 viewsncfc_chalky

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 16:30 - May 19 by NorthYorksDale

I'll send in the top 5 funniest replies into the editor, see if they make the next edition.

Yeah but the burning question is which does your lad say is best,Henderson's Relish or Lancashire Sauce?

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 18:25 - May 19 with 6014 viewsD_Alien

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 16:30 - May 19 by NorthYorksDale

I think you should also ask TodmordenDale whether he thinks he's living in Yorkshire or Lancashire - that'll certainly raise the stakes a bit!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 18:35 - May 19 with 6003 viewsJames1980

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 18:25 - May 19 by D_Alien

I think you should also ask TodmordenDale whether he thinks he's living in Yorkshire or Lancashire - that'll certainly raise the stakes a bit!

The railway station is listed as being in West Yorkshire
https://internal.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/TOD/details.html

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 19:13 - May 19 with 5969 viewsncfc_chalky

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 18:35 - May 19 by James1980

The railway station is listed as being in West Yorkshire
https://internal.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/TOD/details.html

I know that you've mentioned that you work for some railway or other but have you always had an interest in railways James?
I just wondered if you was knowledgeable due to your job or you was lucky enough to get a job that's also your hobby?

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 19:37 - May 19 with 5946 viewsJames1980

Are you a Yorkshire Daley? on 19:13 - May 19 by ncfc_chalky

I know that you've mentioned that you work for some railway or other but have you always had an interest in railways James?
I just wondered if you was knowledgeable due to your job or you was lucky enough to get a job that's also your hobby?

Mostly the job, I quite like travelling by train but not an enthusiast. That was an easy search on national rail to find that address.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024