Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Share sale 11:34 - Jun 3 with 57749 viewsfitzochris

I understand the shares owned by Chris Dunphy, Bill Goodwin and Paul Hazelhurst have been sold to a US-based concern.

Keep an eye on Companies House over the coming weeks.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Share sale on 14:36 - Jun 5 with 2196 views1907

Everything just got a whole lot weirder.

It’s positive to see that whatever is going on behind the scenes, the directors certainly aren’t getting carried away with a milky bar kid scenario.
Share sale on 14:40 - Jun 5 with 2173 viewselectricblue

What a statement that turned out to be..

Total waste of time who ever drafted that and thought it was good enough for the masses to inguest...

Failed investment talks last year is the only worth part to mull over......

It also seems that the duo where adament then to get an initial share percentage by purchasing from the 3 known parties..

I think they may moved forward and try and purchase more shares to have a bigger and firmer voice within the board room.....

If i owned a few shares i would be transfering them to the trust forthwith..........
[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 14:47]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Share sale on 14:44 - Jun 5 with 2128 viewsDaleiLama

Share sale on 08:47 - Jun 5 by fitzochris

Dan has agreed to have a chat with me soon and said he has also received a list of follow-up questions from the Trust, that he intends to answer.

I believe the club will issue a statement today.

One Q I'd like answering would be "what is your exit strategy"? I wouldn't expect an answer and it's probably way too early (?) but it would shed a lot of light on what we might expect over and above the soundbites.

Btw, to echo other plaudits - tip of the cap to you Fitz. Investigative journalism is not completely dead, and after the Covid debacle following press briefings, it's good to see the opposite …… how it should be done. Let the story do the talking, not the questioner trying to grab the limelight. Very dignified if I might say so.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Share sale on 14:46 - Jun 5 with 2122 viewsfunkkk

This is all very fun isn't it? Can't wait to hear what Altman has to say.
Share sale on 14:48 - Jun 5 with 2114 viewsfitzochris

Share sale on 14:40 - Jun 5 by electricblue

What a statement that turned out to be..

Total waste of time who ever drafted that and thought it was good enough for the masses to inguest...

Failed investment talks last year is the only worth part to mull over......

It also seems that the duo where adament then to get an initial share percentage by purchasing from the 3 known parties..

I think they may moved forward and try and purchase more shares to have a bigger and firmer voice within the board room.....

If i owned a few shares i would be transfering them to the trust forthwith..........
[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 14:47]

What’s to mull over? There was clearly an investment proposal but the money on offer didn’t match what the board felt a stake in the club was worth.

Interestingly, Chris Dunphy did, and so took Altman up on his offer once he no longer had anything to do with the club.

As I posted earlier in this thread, Chris Dunphy was talking to Altman while he was still Chairman.

Share sale on 14:50 - Jun 5 with 2090 viewsfunkkk

Share sale on 14:48 - Jun 5 by fitzochris

What’s to mull over? There was clearly an investment proposal but the money on offer didn’t match what the board felt a stake in the club was worth.

Interestingly, Chris Dunphy did, and so took Altman up on his offer once he no longer had anything to do with the club.

As I posted earlier in this thread, Chris Dunphy was talking to Altman while he was still Chairman.

Do we know that that's why his advances were spurned or might it be the board didn't think his unique approach would be beneficial to the club's future?
Share sale on 14:50 - Jun 5 with 2089 viewsnordenblue

So the board have spat their dummy out as the "invester" got what they wanted and bought previously owned shares cheaper than what they wanted for the "spare" shares?
Share sale on 14:53 - Jun 5 with 2062 viewsfitzochris

Share sale on 14:50 - Jun 5 by nordenblue

So the board have spat their dummy out as the "invester" got what they wanted and bought previously owned shares cheaper than what they wanted for the "spare" shares?

Spitting the dummy is probably the wrong term. It seems to simply be a difference of opinion on the value of shares versus the investment offered.

Login to get fewer ads

Share sale on 14:54 - Jun 5 with 2056 viewselectricblue

Seeing that Bottomley holds over 100,000 shares whos to say they didnt offer him enough!
As for CD his ousting will still leave an awful taste in his mouth so he sold up along with the other two share holders......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Share sale on 14:55 - Jun 5 with 2049 viewsnordenblue

Share sale on 14:53 - Jun 5 by fitzochris

Spitting the dummy is probably the wrong term. It seems to simply be a difference of opinion on the value of shares versus the investment offered.

Quite possibly,there does definitely seem an element of seeing their arse about the latest club release for sure.....

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/4/sport-news/134827/former-chairm
Share sale on 15:06 - Jun 5 with 1985 viewsfitzochris

Share sale on 14:55 - Jun 5 by nordenblue

Quite possibly,there does definitely seem an element of seeing their arse about the latest club release for sure.....

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/4/sport-news/134827/former-chairm

Better late than never.

Share sale on 15:18 - Jun 5 with 1918 viewstony_roch975

Share sale on 14:53 - Jun 5 by fitzochris

That makes sense - here's a possible scenario:
Dunphy, when Chair, investigates possible investment opportunities which includes Dan Altman; Dunphy resigns and new Board continue investigations; Dunphy et al transfer their holdings to Altman who offers small scale prime pump funding with further investment opportunities and his 'smarterscout' software approach; Board want larger up front investment but their discussions stall; Board propose EGM to increase share capital for greater investment & also 'diluting' any 'takeover' attempt by Altman or others - EGM postponed. the new Confirmation Statement will show how much the Board have 'consolidated' their position or others have transferred holdings.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 15:52]

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Share sale on 15:21 - Jun 5 with 1895 viewsjudd

Share sale on 14:54 - Jun 5 by electricblue

Seeing that Bottomley holds over 100,000 shares whos to say they didnt offer him enough!
As for CD his ousting will still leave an awful taste in his mouth so he sold up along with the other two share holders......

Do you mean the chairman?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Share sale on 15:35 - Jun 5 with 1814 viewstony_roch975

Share sale on 13:14 - Jun 5 by 442Dale

Someone with greater knowledge will clarify, but if the unissued shares were issued and all taken by one buyer (see link above around this), then isn’t there a percentage threshold when other shareholders have to sell if the person/group holding that percentage want 100% controlling interest.

I may be totally wrong!

Not from my reading of the Memorandum & Articles - there are no references to 'buy-out' scenarios.

Share sale on 15:37 - Jun 5 with 1799 views442Dale

If the USA2 (tm) have held these shares for a while, why has it become public now with such specifics around their plans?

Not expecting an answer, but there should be one!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Share sale on 15:41 - Jun 5 with 1779 viewsTalkingSutty

Share sale on 14:54 - Jun 5 by electricblue

Are Chris Dunphy and his associates the only people interested in selling the potential investors their shares...have they been approached by any other shareholders or even individuals who are currently on the board of Directors? If that is the case then all bets are off and their credibility can’t be called into question can it? If they have been visitors to Spotland then there will have been in depth conversations regarding ownership, shares etc. I’m interested to see what the Trust come up with in their Q&A with these guys and also a follow up statement from the investors. I think all the fanbase will be interested in more details because what the Club released this afternoon says absolutely nothing and yet again the fans are left to do their own digging...which they no doubt will. Are those currently running the Club in it for the long haul or are they holding out for a offer that suits themselves rather than the Club? To be honest I don’t trust any of them, there’s always a nagging doubt that somethings going on behind the scenes and they treat the fans like mugs.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 15:50]
Share sale on 15:42 - Jun 5 with 1772 viewsfitzochris

Share sale on 15:37 - Jun 5 by 442Dale

If the USA2 (tm) have held these shares for a while, why has it become public now with such specifics around their plans?

Not expecting an answer, but there should be one!

I know why Chris Dunphy hasn’t spoken until now, but the board have been under no such obligation to stay quiet.

As for Altman, I understand (TM) that what he outlined yesterday was his very proposal last year. He only came forth yesterday because I learned of his acquisition and started asking questions, which were followed up by the Trust.

Why Altman didn’t do this before remains a mystery and is actually a question I hope he will answer when we get to talk again.

Share sale on 15:42 - Jun 5 with 1768 viewsrochdaleriddler

Share sale on 12:05 - Jun 5 by 442Dale

Already we are seeing what can be done. There has been transparency and information made available to all. None of the Forever Bury route of “we know stuff but can’t tell you yet” nonsense as the Trust have given regular updates and informed on next steps agreed with all parties. With that sort of thing in place, it’s easier to monitor closely as all parties know where they stand.

That has all happened in the last 24 hours, and as Shun says, no giddiness. Such scrutiny and interest should be welcomed by all involved for the good of the club.

Yes we can be vigilant, and we have a lot of knowledgable fans. Ultimately the people taking over the club can do as they wish, obviously as a family hope it goes swimmingly

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Share sale on 15:43 - Jun 5 with 1762 viewsSuddenLad

It's all very well issuing statements in response to the emerging story and it's obviously the right thing to do.

I'd like to know from the Board, is if they deem this proposal 'unsuitable' then tell us why AND - what are their proposals that are 'better' for the future of the club?

Opportunities such as this don't come along every week, so there need to be very good and convincing reasons to deny the club the chance to advance both on and off the field.

Let's hear them.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Share sale on 15:48 - Jun 5 with 1732 viewsjudd

Share sale on 15:41 - Jun 5 by TalkingSutty

Are Chris Dunphy and his associates the only people interested in selling the potential investors their shares...have they been approached by any other shareholders or even individuals who are currently on the board of Directors? If that is the case then all bets are off and their credibility can’t be called into question can it? If they have been visitors to Spotland then there will have been in depth conversations regarding ownership, shares etc. I’m interested to see what the Trust come up with in their Q&A with these guys and also a follow up statement from the investors. I think all the fanbase will be interested in more details because what the Club released this afternoon says absolutely nothing and yet again the fans are left to do their own digging...which they no doubt will. Are those currently running the Club in it for the long haul or are they holding out for a offer that suits themselves rather than the Club? To be honest I don’t trust any of them, there’s always a nagging doubt that somethings going on behind the scenes and they treat the fans like mugs.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 15:50]

There is an issue highlighted about RAFC not benefitting financially from the sale of these shares to the Americans.

If other share transfers have happened, which should be confirmed when the confirmation statement is available on Companies House, will this also be the case?

Share sale on 15:49 - Jun 5 with 1720 viewsRAFCBLUE

Share sale on 13:27 - Jun 5 by fitzochris

Sorry Dickster, I must have missed your post in November telling us this?

The deal actually concluded in October 2019 but there was an NDA in place for Chris Dunphy but not the current board.

Also, I believe (TM) a share issue can expire and the most recent one may well have done.

Regardless of whether it was October or November it appears that when the Fans Forum happened those presenting from the top table were in the knowledge that:

(A) this share transfer had happened
(B) the club were negotiating with them

There then followed a hastily arranged and secretive EGM with the brief to shareholders of ‘keep this confidential’

Your article is the only thing that has brought this out into a discussion, for the benefit of the club.

The Dale Trust were not made aware of this despite asking the club and having an MOU in place.

I have to question the integrity of the CEO having listened extensively to what he said at the fans forum and that leads to the next obvious question:

I assume that Altman gets to join the Board?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Share sale on 15:54 - Jun 5 with 1691 viewsTalkingSutty

Share sale on 15:48 - Jun 5 by judd

There is an issue highlighted about RAFC not benefitting financially from the sale of these shares to the Americans.

If other share transfers have happened, which should be confirmed when the confirmation statement is available on Companies House, will this also be the case?

That will be interesting.
Share sale on 15:55 - Jun 5 with 1680 viewstony_roch975

Share sale on 15:48 - Jun 5 by judd

yes - transfers from an existing to a new shareholder only benefit the existing shareholder ( if they sell for more than they paid). The increase in number of shares (capital) which the board intended proposing at the EGM would have benefited the Club if they had been sold.

Share sale on 15:58 - Jun 5 with 1662 viewsjudd

Share sale on 15:55 - Jun 5 by tony_roch975

yes - transfers from an existing to a new shareholder only benefit the existing shareholder ( if they sell for more than they paid). The increase in number of shares (capital) which the board intended proposing at the EGM would have benefited the Club if they had been sold.

Will it also be the case that it is an issue that is highlighted?

Share sale on 15:58 - Jun 5 with 1661 viewsTalkingSutty

Share sale on 15:49 - Jun 5 by RAFCBLUE

Regardless of whether it was October or November it appears that when the Fans Forum happened those presenting from the top table were in the knowledge that:

(A) this share transfer had happened
(B) the club were negotiating with them

There then followed a hastily arranged and secretive EGM with the brief to shareholders of ‘keep this confidential’

Your article is the only thing that has brought this out into a discussion, for the benefit of the club.

The Dale Trust were not made aware of this despite asking the club and having an MOU in place.

I have to question the integrity of the CEO having listened extensively to what he said at the fans forum and that leads to the next obvious question:

I assume that Altman gets to join the Board?

It’s a disgrace isn’t it. Whichever way you look at it it’s a disgrace, i wonder how the Trust feel about this? The Club is rotten to the core and the sooner that Boardroom is dismantled the better. New Chairman, new CEO , new Directors and fan involvement in the boardroom. The lot of them need booting out. There are things gone on at that football Club since the departure of Chris Dunphy that almost defy belief, all on this lots watch, things that will rapidly eradicate those smug looks which we have become accustomed to should they come out in the public domain. Threatening people from the Directors box or offering to fight fans on the car park doesn’t wash with some of us, it sums up the type of people we have running the Club though.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 16:18]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024