Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Share sale 11:34 - Jun 3 with 56636 viewsfitzochris

I understand the shares owned by Chris Dunphy, Bill Goodwin and Paul Hazelhurst have been sold to a US-based concern.

Keep an eye on Companies House over the coming weeks.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Share sale on 21:19 - Jun 4 with 2677 viewsD_Alien

Share sale on 20:24 - Jun 4 by TalkingSutty

Well full credit to the CEO and other Directors because they have more or less spelt out that we can't carry on without outside investment..They have been actively touting the Club around and are desperate for it. They must be overjoyed with this, financial investment into all areas of the Club, increasing commercial staff etc and two men who come with decent credentials.

Full credit? Hmm..

I think CD's shares, and those of the other former directors, may have something to do with it. Credit where it's due, by all means, so let's see our CEO express his appreciation next time he's given the opportunity

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Share sale on 21:21 - Jun 4 with 2667 viewsAtThePeake

Well full credit to the CEO and other Directors because they have more or less spelt out that we can't carry on without outside investment..They have been actively touting the Club around and are desperate for it. They must be overjoyed with this, financial investment into all areas of the Club, increasing commercial staff etc and two men who come with decent credentials.

No official word from the club itself as yet though.

Tangled up in blue.

Share sale on 21:26 - Jun 4 with 2637 viewsNewbury_Dale

If he's only a minority shareholder, how does he implement his ideas ?
Share sale on 22:56 - Jun 4 with 2427 viewsdawlishdale

At the moment; I'm more inclined to think that the credit should go to CD for identifying this potential investment. After all, these are his shares, plus the shares owned by BG and the estate of PH...not newly created ones.

Yes; the transaction will have had to be approved by the Directors of RAFC to comply with the M&A , but the club won't have (as yet) had any monies.... Any capital will have been paid to the sellers of the shares.

I think there is a fair chance that other significant shareholders may soon be tempted to sell their shares which may enable the new investment team to gain overall control of the club. Whether or not that would be a good or bad thing remains to be seen, but the role of the Board and the Trust will be hugely important over the coming months in determining the threat or benefit we face.

Interesting times. Could be fantastic news for us, or a disaster waiting in the wings.
Share sale on 23:05 - Jun 4 with 2395 viewsjudd

Share sale on 22:56 - Jun 4 by dawlishdale

At the moment; I'm more inclined to think that the credit should go to CD for identifying this potential investment. After all, these are his shares, plus the shares owned by BG and the estate of PH...not newly created ones.

Yes; the transaction will have had to be approved by the Directors of RAFC to comply with the M&A , but the club won't have (as yet) had any monies.... Any capital will have been paid to the sellers of the shares.

I think there is a fair chance that other significant shareholders may soon be tempted to sell their shares which may enable the new investment team to gain overall control of the club. Whether or not that would be a good or bad thing remains to be seen, but the role of the Board and the Trust will be hugely important over the coming months in determining the threat or benefit we face.

Interesting times. Could be fantastic news for us, or a disaster waiting in the wings.

There's been a hint of current director acquisition of shares.

There's summat afoot.

What it does demonstrate is how Dunphy is revered and the shameful display of disdain towards him by 2 directors at the fans forum has come round to kick them in the nuts.

Well done Chris

Poll: What is it to be then?

Share sale on 23:19 - Jun 4 with 2354 viewsdownunder

Share sale on 21:26 - Jun 4 by Newbury_Dale

If he's only a minority shareholder, how does he implement his ideas ?

Hopefully with a wad of cash. No strings attached.
Share sale on 00:19 - Jun 5 with 2273 viewsjonahwhereru

Share sale on 19:01 - Jun 4 by TVOS1907

“How are you spelling that?”

Probably as Mulvey instead of Jennings.

Oops.

Exactly my point: if they don’t include cricketers, they are clearly not casting their net far enough.

Back to the main point, I do hope that BBM and Tony Ellis do not feel their skills are usurped by any influence from our new board member.

I would wager that a significant member of the coaching staff will be gone within 15 games of the new season or 2 transfer windows, whichever is the sooner.
Share sale on 01:39 - Jun 5 with 2221 viewspioneer

Not keen on this development. These folks interest in taking part ownership in the club is entirely commercial. A way of promoting their product.

They have no emotional stake in the club. Throughout our history we have been run by folks who were lifetime (or at least longtime) supporters and hence whose first priority was ensuring survival in the Football League. There was one exception of course . . .Tommy Cannon, and that left the club in a perilous state. The local council and the sale of the Athletic grounds were important elements of survival.

As I have suggested elsewhere, the moneyball stuff is a bit of a myth, but good for a hollywood movie. Interesting that the approach has not been used to any noticeable level in the other major sports on a widespread basis. Another important element is that baseball is largely a contest of individuals (pitcher v batter) that lacks the team element of many other sports. In footy the individual element is, in its sharpest form, limited to penalty kicks and shootouts. So footy doesnt present the same basis for the methods they promote.

I dont expect there will be any parallels to the Gigg Lane fiasco, there is nothing to suggest these blokes are either incompetent or dodgy dealers. But without the emotional investment in the club, as soon as their is a better prospect for marketing their product they will be off. And who will be left to fill the void and pick up the pieces?
Login to get fewer ads

Share sale on 01:49 - Jun 5 with 2222 viewsDiddyDave

Share sale on 17:42 - Jun 4 by 442Dale

From this article:

<<“Do you want to get back into a football club or are you exploring other avenues now?

It’s no secret that I’m now part of an investment manager called NYK Capital Management, and our goal is to buy a lower-division club in Europe. We have a small group of investors and have been vetting deals for some time now. We think that one of the best ways to monetize analytics is to go to Europe, buy a lower division club and get promoted. We think that’s a great way to create value for investors. We’ve been researching for about a year and fundraising at the same time, and we’re getting close. Obviously, if we complete a transaction, everyone will know about it!”>>

“monetize analytics”, “great way to create value for investors”.

There ya go,"create value for investors",we are fooked,mark my words.
Share sale on 02:11 - Jun 5 with 2213 viewsJames1980

Share sale on 01:49 - Jun 5 by DiddyDave

There ya go,"create value for investors",we are fooked,mark my words.

How do you see that playing out?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Share sale on 06:45 - Jun 5 with 2121 viewsDiddyDave

Share sale on 02:11 - Jun 5 by James1980

How do you see that playing out?

Read the last paragraph about Altman`s mate,Emri Marcelli. He`s a commercial and investment banker from New York,a bloke who couldn`t gives a flying f*ck about Rochdale AFC apart from making money out of our club and when he`s milked what he can,he`ll flick us off to who knows who,always assuming there`s owt still to flog. At least the new bloke at Hornets is from the local area and has brought in other local businessmen. I wouldn`t trust these pricks as far as I could throw them,summat badly stinks here,Bottomley needs to front up,having already had "confidential discussions" with them. Here we go again,rich Yanks promising the earth,a bit like Stuart Day did down the road and look what eventually happened there. Don`t like this one bit.
Share sale on 07:28 - Jun 5 with 2091 viewsTalkingSutty

Share sale on 01:39 - Jun 5 by pioneer

Not keen on this development. These folks interest in taking part ownership in the club is entirely commercial. A way of promoting their product.

They have no emotional stake in the club. Throughout our history we have been run by folks who were lifetime (or at least longtime) supporters and hence whose first priority was ensuring survival in the Football League. There was one exception of course . . .Tommy Cannon, and that left the club in a perilous state. The local council and the sale of the Athletic grounds were important elements of survival.

As I have suggested elsewhere, the moneyball stuff is a bit of a myth, but good for a hollywood movie. Interesting that the approach has not been used to any noticeable level in the other major sports on a widespread basis. Another important element is that baseball is largely a contest of individuals (pitcher v batter) that lacks the team element of many other sports. In footy the individual element is, in its sharpest form, limited to penalty kicks and shootouts. So footy doesnt present the same basis for the methods they promote.

I dont expect there will be any parallels to the Gigg Lane fiasco, there is nothing to suggest these blokes are either incompetent or dodgy dealers. But without the emotional investment in the club, as soon as their is a better prospect for marketing their product they will be off. And who will be left to fill the void and pick up the pieces?

Hold on though, it’s the current Chairman and Directors who have highlighted the urgent need for outside investment, to the extent that there is a real danger that the Club could struggle to continue if it isn’t forthcoming. They have been actively seeking to bring investment into the Club, having an emotional attachment to the Club would be great but if that’s one of the criteria then we will probably be waiting for ever.

None of the current Directors are financing the Club, they aren’t using any of their own wealth to keep the Club afloat or paying wages etc, basically they are holding onto the reins and hoping a knight in shining armour comes along. The fact that Chris Dunphy and others have seen fit to align themselves with these investors and sell their shares is a good enough recommendation for me. If they are credible then maybe our current Directors will offer to sell them their shares and we can start a new era.

Let’s be honest there has been a bad atmosphere around the Club ever since Chris Dunphy left and for many fans the current Chairman and those in the Boardroom will never be properly accepted by a lot of the fans, I think that’s pretty obvious when you speak to supporters and I don’t think it will change, as Dale fans if you kick one of us we all tend to limp...and Chris Dunphy is a proper Dale fan!

Most involved in all of this purport to love the Club, well actions speak louder than words and it’s time to put personal issues or monetary gain ( hopefully nobody is trying to put profit before the Club) to one side and do what’s right for the Club, let’s see how this pans out.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2020 7:41]
Share sale on 08:20 - Jun 5 with 2020 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Share sale on 15:29 - Jun 4 by Sandyman

Outside investment! As long as it is the right type and not something like bury etc, that is excellent news. "The proof of the pudding" aspect comes in to play of course, so there won't be any wild celebrations, talk of "revolution" or "Wow Wow Wow" until the consequences of this investment are there to see. Do we trust the directors / former directors to do the right thing by RAFC ? There has to be caution in any move like this, and I think they will be doing things properly. Time well tell. Welcome aboard Mr Altman and Mr Marcelli and all the best. You will be watched very closely - nothing personal, just protecting our long-term interests.

Totally agree. What is the “investment”? Will it come directly from them (will they take the risk and cover any losses)? I would be surprised if that were the case. Will it come in the form of loans obtained by them but secured against the assets of the club (namely COA). The club will take the risk. Will the club ultimately be leveraged? Alex Ferguson and the Edwards family et al loved Man Utd but ultimately sold their shares to the highest bidder the leveraged buyout that was the Glazer deal.
What I would say is that, as a rule, US business culture is far more relaxed about debt than tends to be the case over here.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Share sale on 08:28 - Jun 5 with 2008 viewsjudd

Share sale on 08:20 - Jun 5 by BigDaveMyCock

Totally agree. What is the “investment”? Will it come directly from them (will they take the risk and cover any losses)? I would be surprised if that were the case. Will it come in the form of loans obtained by them but secured against the assets of the club (namely COA). The club will take the risk. Will the club ultimately be leveraged? Alex Ferguson and the Edwards family et al loved Man Utd but ultimately sold their shares to the highest bidder the leveraged buyout that was the Glazer deal.
What I would say is that, as a rule, US business culture is far more relaxed about debt than tends to be the case over here.

In the absence of any statement from the club we can but speculate.

As Sandyman says, any change harbours an element of risk, uncertainty and the unknown, but as TalkingSutty also says, the club has openly sought external investment. Unsure if the board has previously turned these guys down for whatever reason, hence the seeming backdoor approach to obtaining a significant shareholding.

With this announcement being led by a resourceful fan and backed up by an approach from the Trust, it is easy to conclude that the purchase of these shares is seen as hostile by the board, given that the new shareholdings will be in the public domain imminently.

Share sale on 08:40 - Jun 5 with 1978 viewselectricblue

What worries me is the plausible mountain of debt hovering over the club if the Yanks see a better opportunity.
The list below all costs money and plenty of it.

- a permanent training ground to include facilities for the academy 
- replacement of the pitch at the Crown Oil Arena 
- a full-time sporting director 
- funds to bolster the squad

All that will cost a few million and like i said if they see a better opportunity elsewhere will they be off like a shot and who will take over then!
People like Kilpatrick and co who saved the club for Tommy Cannon come along once in a liftime and the bonus is that they where Dale supporters through n through...

So yeah its normal to be worried.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Share sale on 08:47 - Jun 5 with 1967 viewsfitzochris

Share sale on 08:28 - Jun 5 by judd

In the absence of any statement from the club we can but speculate.

As Sandyman says, any change harbours an element of risk, uncertainty and the unknown, but as TalkingSutty also says, the club has openly sought external investment. Unsure if the board has previously turned these guys down for whatever reason, hence the seeming backdoor approach to obtaining a significant shareholding.

With this announcement being led by a resourceful fan and backed up by an approach from the Trust, it is easy to conclude that the purchase of these shares is seen as hostile by the board, given that the new shareholdings will be in the public domain imminently.

Dan has agreed to have a chat with me soon and said he has also received a list of follow-up questions from the Trust, that he intends to answer.

I believe the club will issue a statement today.

Share sale on 08:48 - Jun 5 with 1951 views442Dale

Share sale on 08:47 - Jun 5 by fitzochris

Dan has agreed to have a chat with me soon and said he has also received a list of follow-up questions from the Trust, that he intends to answer.

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2020/06/trust-statement-6/

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Share sale on 08:49 - Jun 5 with 1948 viewsisitme

Share sale on 08:47 - Jun 5 by fitzochris

Thanks for all your work on this. It is really appreciated.

Naturally people are curious, excited and probably worried as for every Abu Dhabi United Group there are probably three Stewart Day's and Munto Finance.
Share sale on 08:50 - Jun 5 with 1946 viewsfitzochris

Share sale on 08:48 - Jun 5 by 442Dale

Good to see the Trust being active after being made aware of this.

Share sale on 08:58 - Jun 5 with 1907 viewsfitzochris

Share sale on 08:49 - Jun 5 by isitme

Thanks for all your work on this. It is really appreciated.

Naturally people are curious, excited and probably worried as for every Abu Dhabi United Group there are probably three Stewart Day's and Munto Finance.

Thanks and, to be honest, I may well step back from this now. The Trust should act on behalf of the supporters and they now seem to be doing that. I don’t want to muddy the waters. As I said, I’m not after a story in the press, I just wanted to bring this to the supporters’ attention, so that’s job done.

I’ll still speak to Dan for my own personal interest and will continue to scrutinise from afar, as I’ve always done, but this is best handled officially now, I reckon.

Hopefully this all turns out for the best.

Share sale on 08:58 - Jun 5 with 1906 viewsjudd

Share sale on 08:48 - Jun 5 by 442Dale

I'm sure he'll sort the pie prices out.

Share sale on 09:15 - Jun 5 with 1855 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Share sale on 08:40 - Jun 5 by electricblue

What worries me is the plausible mountain of debt hovering over the club if the Yanks see a better opportunity.
The list below all costs money and plenty of it.

- a permanent training ground to include facilities for the academy 
- replacement of the pitch at the Crown Oil Arena 
- a full-time sporting director 
- funds to bolster the squad

All that will cost a few million and like i said if they see a better opportunity elsewhere will they be off like a shot and who will take over then!
People like Kilpatrick and co who saved the club for Tommy Cannon come along once in a liftime and the bonus is that they where Dale supporters through n through...

So yeah its normal to be worried.......

Apologies, marked down by mistake.

Share sale on 09:17 - Jun 5 with 1850 viewsisitme

Share sale on 08:58 - Jun 5 by judd

With a PHD in Economics from Harvard he should understand the concept of supply and demand!
Share sale on 09:18 - Jun 5 with 1845 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Share sale on 08:58 - Jun 5 by fitzochris

Thanks and, to be honest, I may well step back from this now. The Trust should act on behalf of the supporters and they now seem to be doing that. I don’t want to muddy the waters. As I said, I’m not after a story in the press, I just wanted to bring this to the supporters’ attention, so that’s job done.

I’ll still speak to Dan for my own personal interest and will continue to scrutinise from afar, as I’ve always done, but this is best handled officially now, I reckon.

Hopefully this all turns out for the best.

You’re not being followed are you?

Share sale on 09:20 - Jun 5 with 1830 views1907

Share sale on 08:58 - Jun 5 by judd

Meat in a pie will be alien to him won’t it? They only do the appley ones over the waters!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024