Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Released list 12:06 - Jun 19 with 6791 views442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/june/releasedretainedlist2020/

Not much of a surprise. Would half expect some to re-sign when we know more about next season.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Released list on 14:43 - Jun 19 with 2366 viewsrochdaleriddler

Released list on 13:06 - Jun 19 by D_Alien

Camps declining a move in January can only really have been for one of two reasons:

Either he didn't fancy the move to wherever purely on the basis of the club making the offer, or because he thought he'd be in line for a more lucrative offer as a free agent. We may never know which but if it was the latter, after nurturing him from an early age and not allowing Dale some financial benefit, that doesn't sit right with me and with that uncertainty i'm not inclined to be bothered whether he gets his wish in a very different financial climate this summer

I don’t think he owes us anything, he probably wasn’t on big money for most if not all of his career with us. He has seen out his contract. Players do. I can see him at a ‘bigger’ league one club very shortly.
I wouldn’t be surprised if one or two of the released are re-signed as the season start approaches

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Released list on 14:45 - Jun 19 with 2339 viewsD_Alien

Released list on 14:29 - Jun 19 by DaleiLama

Not looking too much like he'll be back from this ……….?

As a non-twitterer, it's good to have updates from those who tweet

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Released list on 15:01 - Jun 19 with 2278 viewsD_Dale

Released list on 13:59 - Jun 19 by YouTubeDale

All eyes now turn to BBM to make it work whatever the financial constraints. I was talking a while ago to people in the know about BBM and it was said that he is one of the best networked person in the business and he seems to be on good terms with them. With that in mind we have the right man at the helm helping to steer us through whatever is thrown at us.

Can't bear to see Hendo play in another team and that says it all for me.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2020 14:01]

It might be more instructive to turn eyes to the directors, whose statement is pretty firm:

"Due to the current circumstances surrounding COVID-19 and the uncertainty of when we will return to playing football in front of crowds, it has been decided by the Board of Directors in conjunction with the Manager, Brian Barry-Murphy, not to offer new contracts to the above players who have been released. The Club will also not be entering into contract negotiations with free agents until the future of the 2020/21 season is made clearer."

With the COVID-19 level now at 3 ("virus is in general circulation") I doubt the EFL will be announcing arrangements for the 2020-21 season in the next few weeks. It seems unlikely that there'll be the usual Spanish summer camp or a raft of pre-season friendlies.

It'll be interesting to see whether other clubs make signings in the manner of previous seasons - including the one that has set its sights on Henderson.
Released list on 15:07 - Jun 19 with 2247 viewsDaleiLama

Released list on 14:45 - Jun 19 by D_Alien

I rarely tweet - just use it as a news-feed for breaking sports news.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Released list on 15:13 - Jun 19 with 2216 viewsoddjob007

Released list on 12:23 - Jun 19 by isitme

He was too old to command any compensation and probably as with Henderson had been offered a contract but not on the terms he was looking for.

I suppose all teams are playing a waiting game until what is happening with next season has been decided. As soon as clubs start formal training all players have to be brought off furlough. I suspect they will all leave it until as late as possible to do so and that lots of out of contract players will be in limbo.

Pleased for Joe Dunne and giving the young players a one year extension also makes sense as they will fill out the bottom end of the squad. There looks to be a lot of 'bigger earners' released there so at least it gives some flexibility in recruitment for the future.

Still looked at him as a young lad! Hadn’t realised he was over 24.. definitely time for him to go and make a career for himself elsewhere.
Released list on 15:57 - Jun 19 with 2079 viewsjonahwhereru

Would be interest to know how the last conversation between BBM and Camps unfolded. He was manager’s player of the year last year and has had a better season this time,imo. Just wonder if he was encouraged not to be hasty in signing for someone else. Like myself I think BBM would still like him at the club.
I think all the senior players released have been a credit to the club in their time here.

Not surprised Tavares was given another year.but think Bradley is lucky to get an offer. May be they see him as a slow burner, like Morley.

Going to be boring now wait for some transfer action, it could literally be weeks away.
Released list on 16:30 - Jun 19 with 2018 viewsAtThePeake

Released list on 14:43 - Jun 19 by rochdaleriddler

I don’t think he owes us anything, he probably wasn’t on big money for most if not all of his career with us. He has seen out his contract. Players do. I can see him at a ‘bigger’ league one club very shortly.
I wouldn’t be surprised if one or two of the released are re-signed as the season start approaches

Yeap, and he signed a three year contract at a time when he definitely could have found another club on a free transfer in 2017. We would've got a compensation fee then of course, but we've had three years to find a buyer during the length of that contract if the intention was to sell him on.

Tangled up in blue.

Released list on 17:28 - Jun 19 with 1836 viewsblackdogblue

Released list on 14:45 - Jun 19 by D_Alien

Ole, Bones & Raffa & me wishing him well & best of luck for the future...

You don’t need a twitter account to view by the way, try this link it should work 👍

https://twitter.com/campscal

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

Released list on 18:29 - Jun 27 with 1321 viewsBartRowou

I didn't know about this:

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/peterboro

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Released list on 18:31 - Jun 27 with 1314 viewsShun

Released list on 18:29 - Jun 27 by BartRowou

I didn't know about this:

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/peterboro

Yep, he rejected them for geographical reasons.
Released list on 20:20 - Jun 27 with 1136 viewsborodale

Always thought Callum Camps would excel with better players around him. If he moves to the championship can see him doing well. Good luck to him ,served Dale well and has had a good apprenticeship. Downside we don't get a fee which in this case has been well earned.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024