Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it Palace for Eze? 10:48 - Aug 13 with 63616 viewsNorthantsHoop

Yet more paper talk about Palace discussing buying Eze this morning. If it is all true, they do seem to be showing the most firm interest. Reckon if they up their bid to around £15m to £16m cash plus add ons to £20m we may bite. Don't think it would be a bad move for him, likely to get game time and the step up in the Prem with a mid ranking club. If he improves there then possibility of a bigger club next. Got to get a decent % sell on clause in the deal.
Is it Palace for Eze? on 17:26 - Aug 25 with 2602 viewsA40Bosh

Is it Palace for Eze? on 17:22 - Aug 25 by MedwayR

£16m rising to £19.5m with a decent sell-on clause I could live with.

Even if that is the final figures then I would snap their hand off. If it is £16m in upfront coin and then the add on and sell on potential then I think that is well played by the club.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 17:27 - Aug 25 with 2599 viewsrsonist

Is it Palace for Eze? on 17:23 - Aug 25 by Northernr

You know, a QPR with money's a little like the mule with a spinning wheel. No one knows how he got it, and danged if he knows how to use it.

Now, wait just a minute. We're twice as smart as the people of Brentfordville. Just tell us your idea and we'll vote for it.
Is it Palace for Eze? on 17:27 - Aug 25 with 2594 viewsStanisgod

Is it Palace for Eze? on 17:20 - Aug 25 by rsonist

It's rising by the minute...

My 8 year old grandsons gonna be heartbroken, a job for his dad I feel, I had my turn when I had to tell him Les had gone.
Trouble is try telling an 8 year old that it's economics!

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 17:30 - Aug 25 with 2563 viewsBostonR

This would be excellent business for the club. Palace will off-load Zaha now.
Is it Palace for Eze? on 17:45 - Aug 25 with 2406 viewsGloucs_R

How much will they reinvest? Spent £1m already, possibly the Oxford defender at £1.5m.

Doesn't seem to be too much interest in BOS and Manning.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2020 17:47]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 17:48 - Aug 25 with 2372 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Not a bad fee at all, to be fair.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Is it Palace for Eze? on 17:49 - Aug 25 with 2344 viewsNorthernr

Is it Palace for Eze? on 17:45 - Aug 25 by Gloucs_R

How much will they reinvest? Spent £1m already, possibly the Oxford defender at £1.5m.

Doesn't seem to be too much interest in BOS and Manning.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2020 17:47]

Really, really interesting.

This is what they've talked about ever since Les got here, developing players, selling them for big money, and reinvesting. First time for ages there's some serious money potentially available to spend, albeit offset by losses we were already making exacerbated by Covid, let's see what they do with it...

Wonder if they'd have gone for Hugill permanently if this had happened earlier?
Wonder if they'll make Bright and Manning bigger offers?

Huge moment for this management team.
Is it Palace for Eze? on 17:51 - Aug 25 with 2317 viewsrsonist

Would imagine we were nearing the decision point to add to the squad now with what we had and bank what we got haggling for Eze on deadline day for following windows. Getting the big one finally out the way now gives us some room to act if we see something we really like.
Login to get fewer ads

Is it Palace for Eze? on 17:53 - Aug 25 with 2283 viewsrsonist

Is it Palace for Eze? on 17:49 - Aug 25 by Northernr

This is what they've talked about ever since Les got here, developing players, selling them for big money, and reinvesting. First time for ages there's some serious money potentially available to spend, albeit offset by losses we were already making exacerbated by Covid, let's see what they do with it...

Yep. Foundations painstakingly laid, this is the official beginning of phase two.
Is it Palace for Eze? on 17:54 - Aug 25 with 2269 viewsrsonist

Phase one if we're really honest.
Is it Palace for Eze? on 17:55 - Aug 25 with 2253 viewsrsonist

#AnnounceLittleTom
Is it Palace for Eze? on 17:55 - Aug 25 with 2252 viewsNorthernr

Adel's back out of favour at Benfica. £12m and £60,000 a week. Spend the change on the Christmas party.
Is it Palace for Eze? on 17:56 - Aug 25 with 2233 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is it Palace for Eze? on 17:55 - Aug 25 by Northernr

Adel's back out of favour at Benfica. £12m and £60,000 a week. Spend the change on the Christmas party.

Or £12m on the Christmas party and the change on Adel.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 17:58 - Aug 25 with 2198 viewsMedwayR

I don't think they'll rush into spending it. I suspect they've had targets lined up for where they want to strengthen the team and will stick with that regardless of who went/goes. We'd arguably be better banking most of it and seeing how we get on before spending in Jan or next summer, especially with Wycombe, Rotherham and -12pts Sheffield Wednesday likely giving us breathing space and reducing the risk of relegation being a serious threat.

Poll: Who’s better?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 17:59 - Aug 25 with 2192 viewsNorthernr

Is it Palace for Eze? on 17:56 - Aug 25 by BrianMcCarthy

That's almost what Dishoom cost us last December. Pesky Neil SI and his big grand ideas.
Is it Palace for Eze? on 17:59 - Aug 25 with 2192 viewsdanehoop

Is it Palace for Eze? on 17:56 - Aug 25 by BrianMcCarthy

XMAS party is probably better from an FFP perspective.

Never knowingly understood

Is it Palace for Eze? on 18:00 - Aug 25 with 2178 viewsOldPedro

Is it Palace for Eze? on 17:49 - Aug 25 by Northernr

Would be interesting if the club are now willing to offer better deals to Bright and Manning

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Is it Palace for Eze? on 18:01 - Aug 25 with 2154 viewsmcqpr10

Although we've expected it all summer a little tinge of sadness to see the bid accepted.

Well done to the club. Picking him up on a free, coached according to him to a high standard by the likes of ramsay, impey and hall with a productive loan at Wycombe.

Warburton deserves great praise. Much better this season and for a player of his ilk, the way we play is perfect for him. Hodgson won't allow him so much freedom.

Had to accept the bid. If it went past this summer our chance to cash in would be gone. We can point to how eze did when buying other young players with potential.

Wish ebere all the best. Been an absolute pleasure watching him play and develop.
Is it Palace for Eze? on 18:02 - Aug 25 with 2133 viewsNorthernr

Positive that it's getting done early in the window. Had visions of another one of our deadline day trolley dashes six games deep into the season.
Is it Palace for Eze? on 18:07 - Aug 25 with 2042 viewsHunterhoop

Is it Palace for Eze? on 18:00 - Aug 25 by OldPedro

Would be interesting if the club are now willing to offer better deals to Bright and Manning

It all depends on how much extra in salary is enough. If we can get BOS under contract for another 3 +years, at a salary that is obviously increased, but no more so than £10k extra per week, I would.

It’s an additional opex of £1.5m (c. £500k p.a.) but you’d hope/think that another season under his belt in the Championship, hopefully performing to a high standard, would mean we’d recoup multiple times that additional salary in additional transfer fee to the £4.7m offered now.

If someone said, sell Eze for £19m but get BOS under contract for another 3 years, as a joint thing, you’d bite their hand off. Sell BOS in 12 months for £10-15m (or promotion with him), and you’re creating the right cycle that encourages good, young players to join and the club progress sustainably.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2020 18:24]
Is it Palace for Eze? on 18:09 - Aug 25 with 2022 viewsted_hendrix

Brings a small problem to the table in that other clubs who know we have cash will be upping the cost of their players we are after.

We'll see.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 18:13 - Aug 25 with 1978 viewsA40Bosh

Is it Palace for Eze? on 18:07 - Aug 25 by Hunterhoop

It all depends on how much extra in salary is enough. If we can get BOS under contract for another 3 +years, at a salary that is obviously increased, but no more so than £10k extra per week, I would.

It’s an additional opex of £1.5m (c. £500k p.a.) but you’d hope/think that another season under his belt in the Championship, hopefully performing to a high standard, would mean we’d recoup multiple times that additional salary in additional transfer fee to the £4.7m offered now.

If someone said, sell Eze for £19m but get BOS under contract for another 3 years, as a joint thing, you’d bite their hand off. Sell BOS in 12 months for £10-15m (or promotion with him), and you’re creating the right cycle that encourages good, young players to join and the club progress sustainably.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2020 18:24]

I am going to be pessimistic mate about the BOS sale value 12mths based on him being locked in to a longer deal. Unless he outshone what both he and Eze did this season then I think the fact that it became known/rumoured that we agreed to sell him last month to FC Brugge for less than 5m will mean the opening offers are going to start low again. I think we showed our hand with BOS and way south of 10m is going to be the reality unless he scores 30 goals, 20 assists and gets player of the season

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 18:14 - Aug 25 with 1959 viewsingeminate

Flip side might encourage clubs to pay a bit more for Manning/BOS if either/both are determined to go.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 18:17 - Aug 25 with 1927 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is it Palace for Eze? on 17:59 - Aug 25 by Northernr

That's almost what Dishoom cost us last December. Pesky Neil SI and his big grand ideas.

And £4m for the cure the following day.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 18:22 - Aug 25 with 1847 viewsQPR_John

Is it Palace for Eze? on 18:13 - Aug 25 by A40Bosh

I am going to be pessimistic mate about the BOS sale value 12mths based on him being locked in to a longer deal. Unless he outshone what both he and Eze did this season then I think the fact that it became known/rumoured that we agreed to sell him last month to FC Brugge for less than 5m will mean the opening offers are going to start low again. I think we showed our hand with BOS and way south of 10m is going to be the reality unless he scores 30 goals, 20 assists and gets player of the season

But surely what we were prepared to accept for BOS was based on his contract. With a new contract things would be different
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024